IndiaDivine.org

Response to New Year Celebration Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Deepak and All, We all know that this New Year is not the real Hosa Varsha for us. But we have to celebrate this as "vyaavahaarika" New Year because we are using this calendar in our social life. The Hindu calendar's new year celebration day of Ugaadi has been celebrated from time immemorial. It is part of the beginning-less Vedic culture. On Ugaadi day all Hindus, everywhere follow the ancient traditions and cultural activities. On THIS (Jan. 1st) New Year day, Hindus don't follow the traditions of Ugaadi day. We should pray to the Lord through GaNapathi at the beginning of all our actions. Accordingly, in the beginning of our

"vyaavahaarika" new year we must first pray to the Lord. This calendar was created by humans. We know that in all humans actions there are "dosha"-s, "vighna"-s and many troubles because they are imperfect. So we should pray to the Lord on January 1st for better social order and social life ("laukika jeevanaa"). Shri MahaaGaNapati is himself a great devotee of the Lord, is designated by Lord to be worshiped first, in order to remove obstacles. The 'MahaaGaNapathi Homa and Special Pooja' IS definitely required to remove "vighna"-s and troubles that result in man-made calendar. But for coordination and harmony in society we must use that calendar which most of society uses, to maintain social

order as in the case of English being a common language. In Shri Krishna Vrundaavanaa we are celebrating all our traditional festivals in large scale and explain the importance in our Paatha-s and Pravachana-s. ---- Yogeendra Bhat "Deepak H.R." <deepakhr18 wrote: Hare Srinavasa, respected Hari bhaktas, I was wondering is this 'christain calenderd' new year requires 'MahaaGaNapathi Homa and Special Pooja ' really?.Of course as many time we worship and do poojas are really worth it and will take us to good only. But I dint understood the concept of celebrating 'Hosa Varsha' according to Christain calender.

I have seen no such a boom in celebrating 'New Year' Ugaadi,chaitra maasa, at all. And some people of do not really know when is the Hindu New year!!!!. Please correct me if I am wrong ..Would be obliged very much if enlightened me.. Hare Krishna narayaNa SmaraNegaLu Deepak Krishnam Vande Jagad Gurum Hari Sarvothama,Vaayu Jeevothama PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. ------nAham kartA hariH kartA tatpUjA karmachaakhilam.h|taThaapi matkR^itaa pUja tatprasaadhEna naanyaThaa|tadbhakti tadphalam.h mahyam.h tatprasaadaat.h punaH punaH |karmanyaasO harAvevam.h vishNOsthR^iptikaraH sadhA ||"I am not the doer, shri Hari is the doer, all the actions that I do are His worship. Even then, the worship I do is through His grace and not otherwise. That devotion and the fruits of the actions that come to me are due to His recurring grace" If one always practices to do actions with a dedicated spirit to Hari, in this way, it pleases Vishnu. --- Quoted by Sri madhvAchArya in GitA tAtparya --To send an empty E-mail (without subject and body info.) to - --Visit VMS at http://www.madhva.orgView the latest events in

the US by selecting the 'Events' link--

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less