IndiaDivine.org

Vali Samhara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri Gurubhyonamaha Harihi Om

Dear Madhwas,

I have question regarding Vali Samhara by Sri Ramachandra.

It is said that Sri Ramachandra hid behind a tree and killed Vali.

According to Kshetriya Dharma no one cannot kill their enemies by

standing behind them or cannot kill by hiding.

Then Sri Ramachandra has not conducted as per Kshtriya Dharma.

When I applied my thought I think in this way.

Vali was a devout devotee of Shri Ramachandra. Vali had to be

killed for Dharma Stapana. If Rama stand before Vali the latter

would bow to Rama and also surrender to Rama. Kshetriya Dharma says

if the enemy surrenders he should be forgiven and not killed.

As there was no other way to kill Vali, Sri Rama had to kill him by

hiding behind a tree.

Please clarify the matter.

Krishnaarpanamastu.

Thanx,

With Pranamas

A. Ananda Rao.

Hare Sreenivasa,

its also said that Vali a monkey is not a human being and killing a mruga by standing behind is not against to xatriya dharma.

Madhwesharpanam.

srinivasachar.

On 9/19/06, A. Ananda Rao <anandarao24 wrote:

Sri Gurubhyonamaha Harihi OmDear Madhwas,I have question regarding Vali Samhara by Sri Ramachandra.

It is said that Sri Ramachandra hid behind a tree and killed Vali.According to Kshetriya Dharma no one cannot kill their enemies bystanding behind them or cannot kill by hiding.Then Sri Ramachandra has not conducted as per Kshtriya Dharma.

When I applied my thought I think in this way.Vali was a devout devotee of Shri Ramachandra. Vali had to bekilled for Dharma Stapana. If Rama stand before Vali the latterwould bow to Rama and also surrender to Rama. Kshetriya Dharma says

if the enemy surrenders he should be forgiven and not killed.As there was no other way to kill Vali, Sri Rama had to kill him byhiding behind a tree.Please clarify the matter.Krishnaarpanamastu.

Thanx,With PranamasA. Ananda Rao.------nAham kartA hariH kartA tatpUjA karmachaakhilam.h|taThaapi matkR^itaa pUja tatprasaadhEna naanyaThaa|tadbhakti tadphalam.h mahyam.h tatprasaadaat.h punaH punaH |karmanyaasO harAvevam.h vishNOsthR^iptikaraH sadhA || " I am not the doer, shri Hari is the doer, all the actions that I do are His worship. Even then, the worship I do is through His grace and not otherwise. That devotion and the fruits of the actions that come to me are due to His recurring grace "

If one always practices to do actions with a dedicated spirit to Hari, in this way, it pleases Vishnu. --- Quoted by Sri madhvAchArya in GitA tAtparya--To send an empty E-mail (without subject and body info.) to - --Visit VMS at http://www.madhva.orgView the latest events in the US by selecting the 'Events' link

--