IndiaDivine.org

Program format for children and youth - Srinivasa Kalyana & Mettilotsava 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Forwarded Message from Smt. Ramaa Srinivas sandeshvibha

Namaskara

This is the program format for children and youth. Please children (parents) who are interested in presenting their talent please send me the details. This will help us formulate the program. This is a great opportunity for our children to display the values of our philosophy. I encourage parents to help your children to prepare for this event.

I have received a few names with the details. Parents, please encourage participation from your children.

Kindly note the timings, and please be there promptly for the Children’s session which starts on:

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Time: 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM

Guidelines for children session A:

time: 2-4 p.m.

Facilitator: 2-3 parents

time: upto 5 minutes/child

topics, presentation time 2-3 P.M.: some examples would be slokas from gita, devaranaama, story telling, ..

Activities planned: coloring, Rangole painting with color sand, bubbling...,

Guidelines for children session B:

Time: 2-4 P.M.

Facilitator: parent

Time: upto 5 minuts/child

Activity, presentation from kidsfrom 3-4 P.m.: slokas from gita, devaranaama, story telling, .. other recommendation would be toencourage children to explain the meaning of sloka they recited. This will give them some knowledge of what they are saying.

Activities planned: have scripts/stories and some materials (thread, rope, paper, ready from the organizers (some examples are, dhruva, Prahlada, lava kusha...) Children will read them, prepare a skit using the team members (may be some younger ones). I have in mind to make up two or at most three plays. These kids (ages 11-15) needs to be creative. Theme of the activity is "bhakthi in paramathma"

Youth session:

Facilitator: youth

Time: 2-4.30P.M.

Action/activities:

They will have a networking/getting to know each other game ( I have planned all) I need to buy some supplies) (15 minutes 2-2.15)

There will be a team building group activity. Theme will be information sharing and networking (2.15-2.45)

VMS Youth Group to be formed (New !) Please emphasize !!!

They should come up with an objective of their own (what do they want to do or accomplish?, may be a one year project) and present a high level plan to achieve the objective. They should state what kind of support they need from VMS / adult counselors.

Given an impromptu statement about our philosophy for at least two youth teams to discuss and come up with any explanation to present to the audience along with the item 4

Interactive session with Harish