IndiaDivine.org

Sri Vyasaraja Theertharu - Anjaneya Temples.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaskara All,

This topic needs a wider coverage and involvement & contribution from many people.

Hence copying to more people in the hope of they sending me the information.

I can have all the details consolidated in a template and make it availalbe on all Madhwa eGroups and VMS site. ( The details provided by Sri Mankale is already updated)

We need to capture the following info.

Temple Name / Place Name

Nithya Pooje done or not

Contact details of the Archak

Geographical details and reachability.

By the way, not all 732 may be "temples", rather hardly 50-60 of them would have individual temples (my guesstimate), I myself have seen so many idols being part of the pillars, stones, lying in the corridors of other temples etc, some being worshipped as part of the walls, exposed to open air etc..

Some of the places where these idols are concentrated:

1. Penukonda (Anantpur, AP) - believed to have 50% of the idols that is 356 idols spread across an area of 9 sq kms. Out of these, I know a local Madhwa (Sri Krishnamurthy) who has identified 100+. Some one from BLR has already made an attempt to identify all 356 at this place but was successful up to ~100.

2. Bellary / Raichur / Koppal / H-D Dist., exclusively those places where Sri Vyasarajaru travelled a lot. (Example - Hampi alone shd have atleast 20-30 idols minimum)

3. Other Districts of AP - Anantpur, Kurnool, Mehboob Nagar

(examples - Beechupalli, Khasapuram etc)

4. Other places like Tumkur / Bangalore / Kolar rural districts have some of them, but there is a difference of opinion on if some of those were done by Janamejaya.

To better understand this, we need to know what are the features and characteristics of all those Idols which are installed by Sri Vyasarajaru. Some of the salient are:

1. Avatara Thraya Roopa - representing Hunama, Bheema Madhwa avataragalu

2. Hanuma Roopa - Bala, Abhaya Hastha, Ghante, Moothi etc

3. Bheema - Gadhe, Sougandhika Pushpa, Karna Kundala etc (any other Kshatra features)

4. Madhwa - Shikha, Yoga patti, granthas etc.

A sample picture is attached herewith.

Any information on any known places can be forwarded to me for consolidation.

|| Sri Vyasarajo Vijayathe ||

Hanuma namma thayi thande, Bheema namma bandhu balaga,

Anandatheerthare namma gati gothravayya !

Regards

Harish

PS: Please free to send me back the details of such idols / temples you have visited, come across, heard of..... Thanks.

Phanindra Mankale <pmankalethippa srini <thippasriniCc: Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:30:40 PMRe: Vyasaraja Svamigal - Anjaneya Temples.

Here are some temples I know of

1. Shree Veeramangala Anjaneya Swami Sthalam Nallattoor TN (http://shreeramajay am.org/sthalapur ana.html)2. Yantroddara Hanuman temple at Hampi 3. SRI NETTIKANTI ANJANEYA TEMPLE, KASAPURAM, ANDHRA PRADESH (http://pavanakumara .tripod.com/)4. Sri Hanuman Temple at Avira-Kanda Pura near HesarGhatta KA5. yelle kallu anjaneya Temple in Shrirangam TN6. Sreekatu Hanumantharaya Swami Temple at Dharapuram in Karur, Tamilnadu.

7. Sri Anjaneya Temple at Navalgund Dharwad District KA

My father used to visit all Hanuman Temples with Bell in the tail ( Indication that its installed by Sri Vyasa ThirthaRu) I will get a list from him.

Krishnarpanam.

Phanindra Vittal Rao Mankale

thippa srini <thippasrini@ >arvindiyer_82 <arvindiyer_82@ >; ; sandha dhyana <dhyana_sandhya>Cc: Harish Rao <harishdrao >Saturday, May 19, 2007 12:11:04 AMRe: Vyasaraja Svamigal - Anjaneya Temples.

Respected Members,

Pranamagalu,

Sri Vyasaja Samigalu has consecreted 732 Hanuman Idols, all over India, However, an individual may not be able to give the places. However, many of us knows some places. Hence, I request these group members, to give the details of the places, if they know and through which we can construct a site.arvindiyer_82 <arvindiyer_82@ > wrote:

Dear All,It is known that Vyasaraja Svamigal consecreted 732 Hanuman Temples all over South India.It will be of great help if any of you could provide the location and addresses along with state of affairs of those temples.Regards,Arvind.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.Visit the Auto Green Center.

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.