IndiaDivine.org

CD on Varamahalakshmi vratha poojavidhana, update on digitization project

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

Please see below the e-mail from Sri Mukund in Rochester giving an update on his digitization project of ancient works in the Madhva school as well as his kind offer to send his recordings in a CD of Varamahalakshmi vratha poojavidhana.

Please contact Sri Mukund directly by e-mail for any further details.

Namaskaragalu

Bindu

P R Mukund [HYPERLINK " prmukund " prmukund]

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:55 PM

Madhavan,G V. Bindu; M.S. Sathya

Tara Prakashana

Dear Shri Bindu Madhavan abd Shri Sathya,

I just wanted to give you an update on our project. It is going well. We have scanned about 20,000 images from the American University collection (comprising works of Shri Madhvacharya, Shri Raghavendra Tirtha and Shri Jaya Tirtha). About 1,400 images have been processed, printed and bound in hard bound book format. The library is going to be housed in Shri Balagaru Matha near Tirthahalli. The library was inagurated on Shri Jayatirtha aradhane by Shri Bannaje Govindacharya and Shri Balagaru Swamiji in a very touching and emotional ceremony (it was also Shri BG's 71st birthday), attended by about 100 people from Udupi, US, Bangalore and Dharwad. The work continues and we are now working on Shri Vadairaja's works. We have six months work left in this collection. After that we hope to start on the collection we are negotiating with Oxford University.

In the meantime, while I was in Bangalore, I had a professional recording of Shri Varamahalakshmi Vrata sankshipta puja vidhana, according to our sampradaya. Tara Prakashana is pleased to offer this to all Vaishnavas in the US. Anyone interested can send an email to prmukund giving the mailing address and I will try to get a copy of the CD in their hands in time for the Vrata this Friday (it is actually ekadashi and the puja will have to be done the next day on saturday). As always, there is no charge for the CD.

Namaskara..

Mukund