IndiaDivine.org

Visit to Tirumala - - My experiences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Haribhakthas,

I share with you experiences of my recent visit to Tirumala. If any of you have contacts in Uttaradhi Mutt or personally know Srigalavaru , I request you to pass this message to Srigalavaru in the interest of Madhwa Community.

Hare Srinivasa

Sunil

==========================================================

Hari Sarvothama Vayu Jeevothama

Respected Swamiji,

I wish to bring to your notice my family's findings during my recent visit (Aug 31-2 Sept) to Uttaradhi Mutt, Tirumala. First of all I take this opprtunity to thank you for establising our Mutt in Tirumala to cater to the needs of Madhwas from all over the world visiting Tirumala. The mutts facility is very much needed for Madhwa/Brahmin piligrims seeking darshana of Srinivasa. I also would like to thank you for keeping the "Nitya Annadaana" scheme going where in Prasada of the mutt is offered to piligrims

Hi Sunil.,

I too had similar experiance and I was running arround all the Mathas for the accomdation.

This is the fate of our Brahmin comunity. Look at Muslims they help each other and they strongly united.

If such things happen in a place like TIRUMALA, where else we expect some justice.

Good you have brought this to the notice of Swamiji. Hope some reforms take place. I am interested in donating money for ANNA DANA AT TIRUMALA. But during my recent visit in Dec 2006, I could not do so. Please if some one can let me know, I wish to contribute my might.

Hare Krishna.

Ashok.

From: vmsunilDate: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 01:02:37 +0530 Visit to Tirumala - - My experiences

Dear Haribhakthas, I share with you experiences of my recent visit to Tirumala. If any of you have contacts in Uttaradhi Mutt or personally know Srigalavaru , I request you to pass this message to Srigalavaru in the interest of Madhwa Community. Hare Srinivasa Sunil ========================================================== Hari Sarvothama Vayu Jeevothama Respected Swamiji, I wish to bring to your notice my family's findings during my recent visit (Aug 31-2 Sept) to Uttaradhi Mutt, Tirumala. First of all I take this opprtunity to thank you for establising our Mutt in Tirumala to cater to the needs of Madhwas from all over the world visiting Tirumala. The mutts facility is very much needed for Madhwa/Brahmin piligrims seeking darshana of Srinivasa. I also would like to thank you for keeping the "Nitya Annadaana" scheme going where in Prasada of the mutt is offered to piligrims.Speaking about the accomodation facilities, our mutt has more than 20 rooms(donot know the exact count) made available to piligrims in addition to marriage hall and the basement cellar. This accomodation is much sought after by piligrims (especially during Sharavana Masa/ Brahmotsava/Ugadi and other auspicious occasions) who perform "Madi"/follow Madhwa sampradaya closely and cant stay in hotels or other locations.However, during my stay at the Uttaradhi Mutt on the days mentioned above, I and my family had a every unpleasent experience . I have the following observations to be made public:: 1) Rooms /accomodation meant for Madhwas are being let out to people from other castes(Ithare Jana). The mutt staff incharge of the accomodation agreed to doing this and defended their approach saying all other Madhwa mutts in Tirumals also do the same. These people(Ithare Jaana) not only care about hygiene and cleanliness (Madi) in the mutt but also deny the accomodation to Madhwas by occupying the rooms meant for Madhwas / Brahmins. There by Madhwas/Brahmins are forced to look for alternative/hotel accomodation. I suspect that (but should be confirmed) the mutt staff are conducting irregularities and seeking extra money to let the rooms meant for Madhwa/Brahmins to people from other castes (ithare jana). 2) Rooms even though vacant, were not being provided to Madhwas, this in anticipation of extra earnings they expect.They mention that rooms cant be booked over phone from outside Tirumala (I tried to call and book room from Bangalore but in vain) however, they promise to provide accomodation when we reach there. My family after reaching Mutt , we found out that all rooms are booked (which was not the case). They let us know that they are expecting people who have supposedly booked before us will occupy them soon. Now, how did this happen? They say no advance booking and yet rooms are being reserved for someone who has not arrived. 3) Some of the Mutt staff (incharge of accomodation) were very arrogant and donot treat piligrims with respect. I had to beg and plead with these mutt staff( incharge of accomodation) to provide us atleast one room since, my child who is 11 months could not stay with us in the cellar/basement. They obliged me with a room after 2 hours of reaching the mutt. Srigalavare, Please look into these matters immediately and I request you to address my concerns. I am putting forward these concerns on behalf of the whole Madhwa/Brahmin community. I request you to cleanse the operations (accomodation related) at Uttaradhi Mutt, Tirumala as early as possible and keep the mutt exclusively for the needs of Madhwas (and other Brahmins). I and few of my family members will visit the Mutt and personally appraise you of these findings. Hare SrinivasaSunil

Download the latest version of NOW! Click here! Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!