IndiaDivine.org

[jignaasa]To know more about the gravity of another issue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Sreenivasa,

I totally agree with Vijay. Why cant we have such peaceful soulution which is suggested by Sri Madhwacharyaru himself. Instead of applying this paryaya to just Padanabhateerthara Araadhane, why cant we extend this to the whole Navabrindavana gaDDe itself?? In this manner we can avoid many disputes and serve the community. Recently one of my SC friend who knows about the happenings asked me ( in quotes),"Why do u people fight among yourselves. I used to respect you people a lot.. Knowing these incidents has certainly brought down the faith on any swamijis." Have we reached such

Currently all the mutts are every year spending around Rs. 25000(approx) which sums upto Rs. 100000 for 4 mutts if suppose SRSMutt, UttardiMutt, SriVyasarajaMutt, Sripadaraj Mutt. I ask isnt such a huge amount going waste???? I ask is somewhere equivalent to this money all the mutts are spending from their bokkasa to help any needy poor Madhwa student for Education?????? I know majority of them do give scholarships, but asks followers to contribute, rather than using the funds from Mutts sampattu. In this regard is it worth spending such an amount from the mutts treasury????? Cant there be a more shameful event than scolding (and doing what not) taking the name of Madhwacharyaru?? Will Madhwacharyaru, Vijayeendrau, Satybodharu,Raghavendraru, Satyadhyaanaru forgive us for building such an environment of hatredness????? Let apart will Sri Padmanabharu forgive us??? I think Sri Padmanabharu

has ran away seeing this hatredness and taken abode under Sree Hari's feet.. And whom are we hating?? Fellow Madhwas'????? Is this sane???? We call ourselves as the learned ones!!!!!!! We allege Puttige mutt for taking issue to court, but which 4 mutts did it first?????? Since the subject line said it, I expressed my views towards the gravity of this issue.

Sree Vishnu Preetyartham, Sree Vishnu PreranayaThanks and Regards,

Sandeep R Inamdar

nag vijay <vijayjigMadhwaYuvaParishat Cc: "svbm" <svbm >; VMS- ; vms-philosophy ; vijayavittal ; jignasa Sent: Thursday, 10 January, 2008 11:46:09 AMRe: [jignaasa][MYP] To know more about the gravity of another issue

Namaskara Vittal,

I agree with you on this issue. Guru Padmanabha teerthara aradhane is a shame for all Madhwas.

Its high time we take some steps to find a suitable solution for the issue.

One idea would be to have Paryaya for Navabrindavana also for all the matha's involved.

If say, SRS matha, Utaradhi Matha and Sri Vyasaraja matha are involved, each matha will get a chance to perform Padmanabha teertha ra aradhane once in 3 years. And all the three matha pontifs has to come to this mutual agreement and act accordingly. Once the agreement is made, the court case should be called off.

This is for sure one of the solution for the problem.

Comments are welcome.

Hare Srinivasa,

Vijay Nag

On Jan 7, 2008 9:06 PM, Er. Vitthal Joshi <vjniche > wrote:

Namaskara Sri Ramachandra Venkobachar et al,

Thanks for the response.

At the outset, let me state here very plainly that my viewpoint was NOT related to Puttige Swamiji's Krishna Pooja per say & so, no question of justifying it.

My moot-point was that we are raising so much hue & cry, THOUGH FULLY VALID, about 'Shastra / 'Sampradaya' of pooja to God, but almost keep quiet about HUGELY, GROSS & BLATANT VIOLATION OF BASIC TRADITION of pooja to GURUGALU, Sri Padmanabha Teertharu. (And this, in the background that we are always taught that we need to follow a shade-more shraddhe / discipline / strictness about our reverence to Gurus & in following the time-tested traditons for them.)

RV:- I too agree with you on the issue of "Padmanabha Theerthara Aradhane". I can give you "N" number of such issues/incidents which hurts us. Everybody knows how it had its own way (internal conflicts, court etc.).

VJ:- Yes, fight legal battle from lowest courts to highest Supreme Court, for the last 2+ decades AND CONTINUE TO DO SO, EVEN NOW. THIS IS SHAMEFUL, This to me is hypocracy. And trust me, this is nothing to do with human tendency. Its sheer arrogance and pseudo-superiority atitude of a handful. ({Personally, with my innumerable interactions & experiences, I am convinced that the revered Yathis are NOT to blame here. (And, I am sure you will agree with me here, too.)}

RV:- "Let's not get into who is right or who is wrong." The real question here is "who bells the cat ?" not only the above issue, any issue for that matter which arises from now on. May be youth can just put forward these thoughts to the concerned ?

VJ:- "Let's not get into who is right or who is wrong." & "who bells the cat ?" Good, these sentences show that you want to be diplomatic.. and/or hesitant/shy to call, " spade a spade".

{ This is where the youth have a problem. (recall my "role model" query!!!). Today, the Madhwa Pandits / leaders /elders shirk their responsiblilities. And that they lack statesmanship, right-courage & conviction, and "cannot walk their talk". (Yet, today we continue to hold them in high esteem due to our upbringing. But we cannot be sure of the next generations, who are seeing SO MUCH OF ANIMOSITY, NOW.)}

Having said all this, I am still hopeful, one day we-all learn that these misgivings & mistrusts do no good to the Madhwa community and perhaps, before it is too late.

So, like there is such a huge storm/wave 'started' now, lets keep-up the tempo to see that we also take-up other major issues and try to come to an amicable understanding , and leading by example, guide our vibrant youth & next-generations of having MUTUAL RESPECT, TRUST ( & COMPASSION for) amongst all Madhwas & for all Madhwa Mutts. (maybe the same 'team' which wrote open letter to all madhwas, boldly takeup the issues and reason-out with 'the concerned'- that you mentoined at the end of your mail.)

Rgds / Vitthal.

Ramachandra Venkobachar <ibharama (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Namaskara Vitthal Joshi,

You can't justify one wrong with another.

Also, It's not a question of Hypocracy or anything. In general, Human tendancy is always tries to justify or support the views which he is d to. No "Argument, Debate, Pramana" etc. can't change his stance unless the change originates from within. One can give justice to his views/stand only if he comes out of such a state and able to understand which is flawless thing.

I too agree with you on the issue of "Padmanabha Theerthara Aradhane". I can give you "N" number of such issues/incidents which hurts us. Everybody knows how it had its own way (internal conflicts, court etc.). "Let's not get into who is right or who is wrong."

The real question here is "who bells the cat ?" not only the above issue, any issue for that matter which arises from now on. May be youth can just put forward these thoughts to the concerned ?

Regards,

Ramachandra

On 1/4/08, Er. Vitthal Joshi < vjniche > wrote:

Namaskara Sri Ramachandra Venkobachar,

You said below,"I understand and agree with you that "Dharmacharane" is diluted these days. If the precedence is set it now, there is an apprehension that it might get diluted further".

Can there is any more dilution and MOCKERY of Dharmacharane , when during SriPadmanabha Teerth Aaraadhane (Madhyaaradhane) , first Uttaraadhi Mutt Swamiji perfoms all alankara & pooja etc and vacates the place by 3-00pm (has to vacate).

Then after 3-00pm, SRS Mutt's Ubhaya Swamijis perfoms all alankara & pooja to the same Moola Brindavan.... and Bhikshe for Yathis after 6-00 / 7-00pm. HIGHLY SHAMEFUL to all Madhwas !!!

Why dont all Madhwas join & take any concrete, serious steps to find a amicable solution to this MOCKERY / 'INSULT' that SriPadmanabha Teertharu has to undergo, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

IT IS MUTUAL MIS-TRUST AND SCANT RESPECT FOR OTHER MUTTS & their Shishyas, THE ROOT-CAUSE OF ALL THE EVILS THAT HAS PERCOLATED AMONGST ALL MADHWA BANDHUS. Its time to introspect.

Rgds / Vitthal.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.