IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: [MYP] !!! Its a privilege to receive the book HANDBOOK FOR INQUISITIVE MADHWAS from Sri Moorty Chennai !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Kale Balkrishna <kale1972 wrote:

Namaskara Hari Bhaktas,It was an privilege for me to receive the book by name " HANDBOOK FOR INQUISITIVE MADHWAS " co-authored by Sri Bhoovarahamoorthy of Chennai. I happen to send him a picture of Sri Teekarayaru way some 3 months back. With this gesture he has sent me a copy of this book with his brother Sri Gopalkrishna avaru. First of all it is like a boon to me without asking. The book is forwarded by non other than the great saint of present times Sri Vishwesha Teertha of Sri Pejavara Adokshaja Mutt.

I request all Madhva Bandhus to go through this book and buy it. The cost of the book is just Rs 100/-

If one goes through the contents of the book I am sure you will decide to go for it and want it to be part of his/her personal library. The brief contents of the book in bullets are

* General Introduction * Ways od knowing

* A brief life sketch of Sri Madhvacharya * Vayu Jeevottamatva

* Brief introduction to Sarvamoola Granthas * Basic of Dvaita Vedenta of Sri Madhvacharya

* " Navaratnas " - Explained * Shri Madhvas unique philosophical categories and concepts

* Bhagavad Bhakti, Bhagavad Prasada and Moksha * Daily religious duties of Madhva

* Significance of worship of Saligrama, idols and other Devatas * Devarchana

* Ekadashi and its Glory * Meaning og principal 24 names starting with Keshava that we chant daily.

* Gayatri Mantra - its meaning and significance * Significance of OM

* Messages from Bhagavad Gita * Guidelines for good life - the Gita way

* Cycle of births and deaths of jeevas * LAkshmi Tattva

* Great Saints of Madhva tradition * Guru Sri Raghavendea and miracles

* Last speech delivered by Guru Sri Raghavendra to his devotees * Ashta Dasas

* Samskaras - Purificatory rites explained * Homas

* Marriage - the madhwa style * Festivals and pujas

* Pilgrimage to Holy places of Bharata Desha * Should we believe in a GOD who is beyond our perception?

* Is scientific validation of (our) shastra possible and necessary ? * Shlokas - In English

* Shlokas - In Tamil * Frequently asked questions

* A few suggested " Greetings " phrases (in Sanskrit & English) * List of institutions doing admirable work in religious and philosophical fields.

* Contributors listAfter reading the above I don't think anybody would like to step back. So Bandhus come forward but the books, CD's all in original.

Find below the mail sent by Mr Subba Rao.

Dear Shri Balakrishna avare

You will be surprised to receive this personal mail from me after more than 3 months.The book " Handbook for Inquisitive Madhwas " about which I had written in my mail dated 11th Jan. in response to which you had responded with electrifying speed by sending a photo of Sri Jayathirtha Swamiji was released by Sri Sri Visvesha Thitha swamiji of Pejavara Matha at a function held at Chennai recently. Vidwan sri Hayavadana puranika introduced the book to the audience and swamiji released it and said that it would be found extremely useful by the present and future generations of Madhwas.

My brother Sri S.Gopalakrishnan who works as a general mgr. in a constrction co. near your office was with me a couple of days back and I have sent one book to you for your perusal and it will be delivered to you in a day or two .If you kindly go through the book especially the preface,the introduction and the article on page 274 of the book, you will find emphatic assertion of your conviction that we should not abandon our old tradition and values and nothing new which is against Srimadacharya's philosophy should be brought in.Pl. do go through and give me your frank feed back on the get up, quality of printing, pictures and the contents.

The book is the outcome of the desire of the publishers to familiarise their children who are all living abroad on the Madhwa Sastra and as such has no profit motive. They felt that those in our own land who are interested should also benefit and so have been making available the book at Rs.100/- though the cost is more than Rs.150/-. Since your office has more than 50% Madhwa employees and since you also seem to be in touch with several local mutts, I thought that you may like your friends to benefit from the knowledge available in the book.

I will speak to you over phone after 4 or 5 days of your receiving the book and we will then decide what next.

Kind regards

Subbarao BoovarahamoorthySecretary of the Committee for Handbook for Inqisitive Madhwas

-- Kale Balkrishna

Mobile : +91-9849042501 -- parameshvara bhaktirnAma niravadhika ananta anavadya kalyANaguNatva

GYAnapUrvakaHsvAtmAtmIya samasta vastubhyo aneka guNAdhiko antarAya sahasrenApya pratibaddo nirantara premapravAhaH (jiGYAsAdhikaraNam.h, a verse from Sriman Nyaya Sudha)(Meaning from Srimad Bhagawad Gita (The song Olympian) by Sri G V Nadgauda.

[Devotion to Lord] (bhakthi) is the invariable & continuous flow of ardent affection to God, undettered by varied frustrations in life, [excelling the attachment to self, our kindred & other lovable assets] (vairagya),

reinforced by [sound knowledge] (jnAna) & solid conviction of His glory & greatness, as the sole independent Power, the abode of all auspicious attributes, free from foibles. As such, it differs from blind belief &

selfish live. It should be founded on an unshakable intellectual & emotional conviction in the Majesty of the Lord- as the embodiment of all spiritual excellences.