IndiaDivine.org

RE: our mutts and cleanliness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for writing this post.Here we need to propagate the same to all Madhwa communities and this should come in their collective consciousness

among themselves.

Cleanliness is godliness. Thanks and Regards,KrishnaRead my blogshttp://flashactions.wordpress.comhttp://stockthoughts.wordpress.com

http://greentechi.wordpress.com/http://globalaviator.wordpress.com/Gtalk:krshnarajIM:krishna.rajsLive Messenger: krishna.rajs

Skype: krishna.rajsLinkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/krishnarajsCellular Contact: 0091.998.5013.316Cellular Contact: 0091.924.8763.069Twitter:stockthoughts

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM, varun cvr <mamam4 wrote:

Dear Madhwas World Over,

We all visit the holy places like Mantralaya,Tirupathi,Malkhed,Mulbalgal,Thirukoilyur,Sode,etc some time or the other atleast once in our lifetime.

Why is this appalling apathy to the unhygeinic and unclean maintainance of our holy premises? its so sad that we who profess madi( cleanliness) are polluting the rivers and the holy premises in the name of the same madi.

Take the example of nadi snana,true nadi snana is shreshtra ,its punya to bath in the waters of Thunga badra, Kagini(Malkhed)Pinakini( Near thirukoilyur),but how to reach the waters ,you have to jump ,avoid the human ,animal excreta to reach the river,then is the river clean ?No! People are washing clothes ,dumping plastic etc into the holy river.Cant the Mutt establishments to maintain clean toilets and bathrooms ,near to the rivers ,even changing rooms are needed for ladies,( why not try Sulabh toilets,its is okay to pay for a clean toilet is in it?)

Our Madhwa community has spread its wings world over,with so many scientists,software engineers,educationists, billionaires, business men,,why are we not taking care of our mutts and their premises? Its truely a sad state of affairs.

The great men who have donated lakhs and crores of their hard earned money to the Mutts are and will be so disappointed at the disrespect the Mutt establishments and the sevarthis are showing towards charity.

When we at home ,clean our toilet bowls, maintain the homes clean,show the disrespect towards the Mutts and their buildings,after all they are Our Mutts, arent they.?

Its also the responsiblity to maintain their premises neat and clean .The Mutts should allot atleast 10 to 15 percent of their incomes towards the maitainance and housekeeping of the premises.

Please its my earnest appeal that all MuttAdhipathis and mutt committees , Sevarthis ,please come forward and help in keeping our Mutts clean.We teach our children at home ,Cleaniless is Godliness,please follow the same and maintain our Mutts neat and clean.

Regds

Mrs Ravindran

Please forward this email to all the Madhwa groups and blogs.

--

Guest guest

Dear Mrs. Ravindran.,

You have correctly pointed out the urgent requirements of cleanliness.

I once thought of doing this myself physically, but you know as we dont live there and right authority

to ensure the cleanliness arround rivers.

Mantralaya I go quite frequently, but other places I have gone in recent past.

Please update me and if anything I can do, please et me know.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Ashok

Australia.

; uttaradimath-list From: mamam4Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:36:17 +0530 our mutts and cleanliness

Dear Madhwas World Over,

We all visit the holy places like Mantralaya,Tirupathi,Malkhed,Mulbalgal,Thirukoilyur,Sode,etc some time or the other atleast once in our lifetime.

Why is this appalling apathy to the unhygeinic and unclean maintainance of our holy premises? its so sad that we who profess madi( cleanliness) are polluting the rivers and the holy premises in the name of the same madi.

Take the example of nadi snana,true nadi snana is shreshtra ,its punya to bath in the waters of Thunga badra, Kagini(Malkhed)Pinakini( Near thirukoilyur),but how to reach the waters ,you have to jump ,avoid the human ,animal excreta to reach the river,then is the river clean ?No! People are washing clothes ,dumping plastic etc into the holy river.Cant the Mutt establishments to maintain clean toilets and bathrooms ,near to the rivers ,even changing rooms are needed for ladies,( why not try Sulabh toilets,its is okay to pay for a clean toilet is in it?)

Our Madhwa community has spread its wings world over,with so many scientists,software engineers,educationists, billionaires, business men,,why are we not taking care of our mutts and their premises? Its truely a sad state of affairs.

The great men who have donated lakhs and crores of their hard earned money to the Mutts are and will be so disappointed at the disrespect the Mutt establishments and the sevarthis are showing towards charity.

When we at home ,clean our toilet bowls, maintain the homes clean,show the disrespect towards the Mutts and their buildings,after all they are Our Mutts, arent they.?

Its also the responsiblity to maintain their premises neat and clean .The Mutts should allot atleast 10 to 15 percent of their incomes towards the maitainance and housekeeping of the premises.

Please its my earnest appeal that all MuttAdhipathis and mutt committees , Sevarthis ,please come forward and help in keeping our Mutts clean.We teach our children at home ,Cleaniless is Godliness,please follow the same and maintain our Mutts neat and clean.

Regds

Mrs Ravindran

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!

Guest guest

Our cultural issue plays a significant role towards the answer to

this question/issue. Bathroom & environmental cleanliness are mostly

ignored or treated as personal preference. We accept poor quality service as

goes with the concept “Chalega”. This is what India’s

current PM requests people to avoid. Due to this ‘poor

environment quality’ people are paying the price in terms of health.

There was a temple that I crossed by in south India where

“Maha Ganapathi Homa” was performed. By the side of the

temple and close the entrance there lies a “Sty” with stagnated

water, mosquitoes, animal and human waste. Devotees jump over & do

zigzag walking, to get to the temple. As I see it, God will be as much pleased

as the Homa, if people have attempted to clean the sty and the environment.

We spend more money in modeling bathroom than the master bedroom

here. But that is not the case everywhere. This issue is culturally deep

rooted and depends on “good quality” acceptance by the entire

group.

Donating out of respect is the traditional way! Though Donation

with ‘conditions and performance inspection’ may look suspicious

and disrespectful, let us not forget that it is in Practice.

Jaya Acharya

On

Behalf Of varun cvr

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:06 AM

;

uttaradimath-list

our mutts and cleanliness

Dear Madhwas World Over,

We all visit the holy places like

Mantralaya,Tirupathi,Malkhed,Mulbalgal,Thirukoilyur,Sode,etc some time or the

other atleast once in our lifetime.

Why is this appalling apathy to the unhygeinic and unclean

maintainance of our holy premises? its so sad that we who profess madi( cleanliness)

are polluting the rivers and the holy premises in the name of the same madi.

Take the example of nadi snana,true nadi snana is shreshtra

,its punya to bath in the waters of Thunga badra, Kagini(Malkhed)Pinakini( Near

thirukoilyur),but how to reach the waters ,you have to jump ,avoid the human

,animal excreta to reach the river,then is the river clean ?No! People are

washing clothes ,dumping plastic etc into the holy river.Cant the Mutt

establishments to maintain clean toilets and bathrooms ,near to the rivers

,even changing rooms are needed for ladies,( why not try Sulabh toilets,its is

okay to pay for a clean toilet is in it?)

Our Madhwa community has spread its wings world over,with so

many scientists,software engineers,educationists, billionaires,

business men,,why are we not taking care of our mutts and their premises?

Its truely a sad state of affairs.

The great men who have donated lakhs and crores of

their hard earned money to the Mutts are and will be so disappointed at the

disrespect the Mutt establishments and the sevarthis are showing towards

charity.

When we at home ,clean our toilet bowls, maintain the homes

clean,show the disrespect towards the Mutts and their buildings,after all they

are Our Mutts, arent they.?

Its also the responsiblity to maintain their

premises neat and clean .The Mutts should allot atleast

10 to 15 percent of their incomes towards the maitainance and housekeeping of

the premises.

Please its my earnest appeal that all MuttAdhipathis and

mutt committees , Sevarthis ,please come forward and help in keeping our Mutts

clean.We teach our children at home ,Cleaniless is Godliness,please follow the

same and maintain our Mutts neat and clean.

Regds

Mrs Ravindran

Please forward this email to all the Madhwa groups and

blogs.

Guest guest

Dear Mrs. Ravindran, Thanks for bringing this important issue to limelight. We had a similar experience recently when we visited Malkhed with entire family and we thought of taking bath in Kagina river. To our surpirse the river was completely filled with weeds and all kinds of dirty plants and the plants were blocking the flow of water because of which it was really untidy. I had to go deep inside the river to have a good dip in the water and all my family members had to look for alternatives in the mutt premises. I would sincerely request the concerned authorities or prethadipathi's to do the needful at the earliest so that devotees can take bath in holy rives and attain punya as per their yogyata. The same experience was also experienced when we visited Anegundi ( Nava Brundavana ). Regards, Srinivas Bellary New Jsersey, U.S.AAshok Kulkarni <ashokatul wrote: Dear Mrs. Ravindran.,You have correctly pointed out the urgent requirements of cleanliness.I once thought of doing this myself physically, but you know as we dont live there and right authorityto ensure the cleanliness arround rivers.Mantralaya I go quite frequently, but other places I have gone in recent past. Please update me and if anything I can do, please et me know.Thanks and

Best Regards.Ashok Australia. ; uttaradimath-list From: mamam4 Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:36:17 +0530 our mutts and cleanliness Dear Madhwas World Over, We all visit the holy places like Mantralaya,Tirupathi,Malkhed,Mulbalgal,Thirukoilyur,Sode,etc some time or the other atleast once in our lifetime. Why is this appalling apathy to the unhygeinic and unclean maintainance of our holy premises? its so sad that we who profess madi( cleanliness) are polluting the rivers and the holy premises in the name of the same madi. Take the example of nadi snana,true nadi snana is shreshtra ,its punya to bath in the waters of Thunga badra,

Kagini(Malkhed)Pinakini( Near thirukoilyur),but how to reach the waters ,you have to jump ,avoid the human ,animal excreta to reach the river,then is the river clean ?No! People are washing clothes ,dumping plastic etc into the holy river.Cant the Mutt establishments to maintain clean toilets and bathrooms ,near to the rivers ,even changing rooms are needed for ladies,( why not try Sulabh toilets,its is okay to pay for a clean toilet is in it?) Our Madhwa community has spread its wings world over,with so many scientists,software engineers,educationists, billionaires, business men,,why are we not taking care of our mutts and their premises? Its truely a sad state of affairs. The great men who have donated lakhs and crores of their hard earned money to the Mutts are and will be so disappointed at the disrespect the Mutt establishments and the sevarthis are showing towards

charity. When we at home ,clean our toilet bowls, maintain the homes clean,show the disrespect towards the Mutts and their buildings,after all they are Our Mutts, arent they.? Its also the responsiblity to maintain their premises neat and clean .The Mutts should allot atleast 10 to 15 percent of their incomes towards the maitainance and housekeeping of the premises. Please its my earnest appeal that all MuttAdhipathis and mutt committees , Sevarthis ,please come forward and help in keeping our Mutts clean.We teach our children at home ,Cleaniless is Godliness,please follow the same and maintain our Mutts neat and clean. Regds Mrs Ravindran Please forward this email to all the Madhwa groups and blogs. Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more! nAham kartA hariH kartA tatpUjA karmachaakhilam.h|taThaapi matkR^itaa pUja tatprasaadhEna naanyaThaa| "I am not the doer, shri Hari is the doer, all the actions that I do are His worship. Even then, the worship I do is through His grace and not otherwise."

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Posted by: " rrachuri " rrachuri rrachuri Thu Apr 3, 2008 1:13 am (PDT)

Haraye namaha.

Namaskara,

It is beyond doubt that the premises of our esteemed Maths, Brindavanas and Temples should be well maintained with clean surrondings and serene spiritual atmosphere in and around the sanctum sanctoriums. It is the prime duty of the respective managements to take the necessary steps to achieve this. The devotees also have a role to play. They can lead by example where ever possible. Though we cannot expect the change overnight, it is better to take atleast few steps in the right direction. Change should be gradual and lasting.

Some issues such as contamination of rivers is to be taken at the national level as many industries are the prime causes of large scale river water pollution apart from laymen who wash clothes with soap, spit and even go to the extent of going to the river for cleaning after attending natures call. Sri Satyatma Tirtha Swamiji has taken up two important issues for discussion with the Ex-President Mr. Abdul Kalam when he met him New Delhi few years back. The first one was to stop gohatya and second was to take measures to stop polluting the rivers for preserving their sanctity.

While talking about cleanliness, it has been rightly pointed out that physical cleanliness as well as cleanliness of actions and mind are very important for all humans expecially for dvijas - saucha moolo hi dvijaH. The common sanskrit word for madi is shaucha. The daily religious practices like mrittika saucha, achamana, pranayama, mantra snana, hari smarana are part and parcels of the concept of saucha apart from cleaning ones body with water preferably in rivers, ponds, wells, borewells and tap water in that order.

Though normal physical cleanliness is enough for preventing diseases, the saucha required for doing sandhyavandane and pooja by touching saligrama would involve much more than just physical cleanliness. The highest and most important saucha is manah saucha. To achieve this other saucha are prescribed such as deha saucha, vastra saucha, desha and kaala sauchas - manaH prasAdanArthaM hi deshakAlAdi cintanA - varaha puranam quoted in bhasya.

I want to add here that the feeling of 'being clean' is relative and differs from common and scriptural viewpoints. In modern days, washing hands and feet with soap gives the feeling of being clean. In our scriptures - pure mrittika is prescribed as the best cleaning agent. After eating meals cleaning the surronding (removing plates and any left overs) or the dining table is considered as being clean. According to our scriptures, the dining premises and kitchen etc are said to be clean when sprinkled with water mixed with cowdung - gomayena mR^idAlipya. This might not give the same sense of " clean feeling " for a person with modern outlook. Even today, after meals, we clean the area with water and call it appyling " goma " which is a variant of the original word " gomaya " . From the scriptural point of view, the modern ways such as using soaps made of animal fats or nishiddha dravyas are found to be make one unlcean and unfit to carry on pooja etc.

As said by shrimadhAcharya - vedokto hyadhikArastu durlabhaH sarva mAnuShaiH - it is impossible to reach the eligibility levels prescribed in the shastra to perform religious rites. But at the same time " svalpamapyasya dharmasya trAyate mahato bhayAt " - even a little effort in this direction would protect us in this age of the kali.

So, once should follow saucha as prescribed in the scriptures accoding to ones capacity after knowing the procedures from elders and learned.

nabhaH patantyAtmasamaM patatriNaH.tathA samaM viShNugatiM vipaschitaH ..

Regards,R.Rachuri

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:02 PM, <srinivas_bellary wrote:

Dear Mrs. Ravindran,

Thanks for bringing this important issue to limelight. We had a similar experience recently when we visited Malkhed with entire family and we thought of taking bath in Kagina river.

To our surpirse the river was completely filled with weeds and all kinds of dirty plants and the plants were blocking the flow of water because of which it was really untidy. I had to go deep inside the river to have a good dip in the water and all my family members had to look for alternatives in the mutt premises.

I would sincerely request the concerned authorities or prethadipathi's to do the needful at the earliest so that devotees can take bath in holy rives and attain punya as per their yogyata.

The same experience was also experienced when we visited Anegundi ( Nava Brundavana ).

Regards,

Srinivas Bellary

New Jsersey, U.S.A

Ashok Kulkarni <ashokatul wrote:

Dear Mrs. Ravindran.,You have correctly pointed out the urgent requirements of cleanliness.I once thought of doing this myself physically, but you know as we dont live there and right authorityto ensure the cleanliness arround rivers.

Mantralaya I go quite frequently, but other places I have gone in recent past. Please update me and if anything I can do, please et me know.Thanks and Best Regards.Ashok Australia.

; uttaradimath-list

mamam4Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:36:17 +0530 our mutts and cleanliness

Dear Madhwas World Over,

Regds

Mrs Ravindran

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!

nAham kartA hariH kartA tatpUjA karmachaakhilam.h|taThaapi matkR^itaa pUja tatprasaadhEna naanyaThaa|

" I am not the doer, shri Hari is the doer, all the actions that I do are His worship. Even then, the worship I do is through His grace and not otherwise. "

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

-- parameshvara bhaktirnAma niravadhika ananta anavadya kalyANaguNatva

GYAnapUrvakaHsvAtmAtmIya samasta vastubhyo aneka guNAdhiko antarAya sahasrenApya pratibaddo nirantara premapravAhaH (jiGYAsAdhikaraNam.h, a verse from Sriman Nyaya Sudha)(Meaning from Srimad Bhagawad Gita (The song Olympian) by Sri G V Nadgauda.

[Devotion to Lord] (bhakthi) is the invariable & continuous flow of ardent affection to God, undettered by varied frustrations in life, [excelling the attachment to self, our kindred & other lovable assets] (vairagya),

reinforced by [sound knowledge] (jnAna) & solid conviction of His glory & greatness, as the sole independent Power, the abode of all auspicious attributes, free from foibles. As such, it differs from blind belief &

selfish live. It should be founded on an unshakable intellectual & emotional conviction in the Majesty of the Lord- as the embodiment of all spiritual excellences.