Format)

By -K.Kantesha Kadaramandalagi

English

translation - E D Narahari

-Book

Review by Mohan Chippagiri

¨

What is the significance and background of the sacred stick(Danda

Kashta) carried by sanyasins and brahmacharis?

¨

Can we worship all female deities?

¨

In case a particular Friday happens to be Ekadasi can we do the

offerings in the form of sugar, gram etc., to Lakshmi Devi?

¨

Why should we chant Gayathri Mnatra in soft

tones?

¨

The Names of the heads of maths are always preceded by numbers

such as 108, 1008 etc., why?

¨

What is the Significance of Tualabara? Why is it performed?

¨

Why should we ring the bell when we visit a temple what is its

purpose?

¨

It is said that Vyshnavas should not visit Kedaranth what is the

reason? Can there be some sort of animosity behind this?

¨

Is it a rule that the ritual of Mudra dharana should be

undergone only through the respective Math? Or can we undergo this ritual in

whichever math? Will it be wrong if this ritual is given to disciples of other

maths?

¨

While performing the “Mangalarathiâ€(Flame of

Benediction) Why do they keep “Mantrakshate’(holy grain) or Tulsi on the

Halagaarathi(Receptacle of Holy flame)

¨

The battle of Mahabharatha lasted for eighteen days. What did

they do on Ekadashi, the day of fasting?

For answers to above all questions Vishwa Madhwa Maha Parishat, Bangalore brought out a book

titled “The Questâ€. For all these questions answers are provided by none other than Shri

1008 Shri Sathyama Tirtha swamiji of Shri Uttaradimath.

This book is written in Kannada by K.Kantesha Kadramandalagi titled “ Jignassa†and this is translated to English

by E D Narahari. We people have many queries on our shastras and also day

to day rituals. We can find answers

for all queries.

I think this book is a boon to us. The queries are answered by the Swamiji

in candid way by quoting the examples

from the shastras . Here are some of the questions on various topics like

Bouddhaavatara, about next birth, chewing the tobacco, Marriages, about omens,

bad dreams and good dreams, performing shraddha, paksha , rituals to unmarried

men celebrating festivals and undertaking the tours etc., are answered by the Swamiji in an

excellent way. All Madhwas should be

proud to have this great Peeetadipathi who is bestowing showers of grace

on us by spending his valuable time to put us on the right track on this earth. First of all we should appreciate the author

K.Kantesha Kadramandalagi for his efforts to compile this book in

Kannada. The task taken by E D Narahari to translate into English is laudable

and this translation helps many Madhwas who are not well versed in Kannada

language. If Narahari has not taken up this translation I would not have got

this opportunity to write review on this book.

This book is divided in to five parts. First part deals with

question on General topic there are 44 questions present and second part deals

with Rituals-precepts and practices. It consists of 35 questions and third

chapter deals with Mahabharatha it contains five questions and fourth part

deals with Shri Uttaradimath and it contains eight questions and the last part deals with Tapta Mudra

Dharane it contains eight questions. Altogether this book contains 89 questions

covering all five chapters.

The book contains the

Benediction from Shri Satyatma Tirtha Sreepadangalavaru. Sathyadhyanacharya Katti has explained about the book and An appreciation by R Katti is included. This book has a foreword

by Pt. Rangacharya Guttala, Kulapati of Shri Jayateertha Vidyapeetha, the Insight

by K. Kantesha Kadramandalagi and translator’s note by E D Narahari.

This book is priced at Rs 50.. This book is worth reading for the people who are interested to know more

on our Sri Madhwacharya’s philosophy . We all expect from ED Narahari to write

more books in coming days.

||barathi ramana

mukhya pranantargata srikrishnarpanamastu||

!!! Prathamo Hanuman Nama, Dvitiyo Bhimayevacha, Purnapragnya Tritiyasto Bhagavatkaryasadhaka !!! Mohan Chippagiri MCA Lecturer in Computer Science Bangalore

Messenger blocked? Want to chat? Here is the solution.

Guest guest

namaste all,

forwarded message from Sri ED Narahari to Sri Mohan Chippagir on his recent book review.

Rgds

Harish

----- Forwarded Message ----ed nara hari <ednaraharichippagiri Mohan chippagiri <vijayarayarapadaCc: harishdraoSent: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:55:22 PMRe: The Quest- Book Review

Dear Sh. MohanMany many thanks for reviewing the book entitled `The Quest` compiled originally by Pt. K.Kadaramandalagi and which contains the most erudite thoughts of H.H.1008 Shri Satyatma Tirtha Swamiji. I am indeed blessed to have the benediction of the great saint on whose orders I successfully undertook the work. I am gratified to note that the translation meets the high expectations you and other Madhwa bandhus spread over different parts of the world. I once again thank you for giving a wide publicity for the Swamiji`s noble thoughts contained in my translation.The Vishwa Madhwa Maha Parishat has brought another translation by me entitled `Satyatma Sudha` containing the gist of lectures given by the Seer on different aspects of Ananda Tirtha`s philosophy. I am Sure you have been able to lay hands on it; if not I shall be pleased to courier one copy of the same if you can provide with your forwarding address.I

have also brought out `The Light of Mahabharata`, an English translation of Dr. V.Prabhanjanacharya`s erudite work in Kannada. The printed copies are ready to be released but the Publisher has not yet found time for the release event. I shall let you know when the dates are finalized.May the blessings of Harivayu gurugalu be always with you and your family- E.D.Narahari On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 chippagiri Mohan chippagiri wrote :>>>>The>Quest>>(in Q &

A>Format)>>Â>>                                                                              Â>By -K.Kantesha Kadaramandalagi>>English>translation - E D Narahari>>Â>>-Book>Review by Mohan Chippagiri>>Â>>¨     Â>What is the significance and

background of the sacred stick(Danda>Kashta) carried by sanyasins and brahmacharis?>>Â>>¨     Â>Can we worship all female deities?>>Â>>¨     Â>In case a particular Friday happens to be Ekadasi can we do the>offerings in the form of sugar, gram etc., to Lakshmi Devi?>>Â>>¨     Â>Why should we chant Gayathri Mnatra in soft>tones?>>Â>>¨     Â>The Names of the heads of maths are always preceded by numbers>such as 108, 1008 etc., why?>>Â>>¨     Â>What is the Significance of Tualabara? Why is it

performed?>>Â>>¨     Â>Why should we ring the bell when we visit a temple what is its>purpose?>>Â>>¨     Â>It is said that Vyshnavas should not visit Kedaranth what is the>reason? Can there be some sort of animosity behind this?>>Â>>¨     Â>Is it a rule that the ritual of Mudra dharana should be>undergone only through the respective Math? Or can we undergo this ritual in>whichever math? Will it be wrong if this ritual is given to disciples of other>maths?>>Â>>¨     Â>While performing the “Mangalarathiâ€�(Flame of>Benediction) Why do they keep “Mantrakshate’(holy grain) or Tulsi on

the>Halagaarathi(Receptacle of Holy flame)>>Â>>¨     Â>The battle of Mahabharatha lasted for eighteen days. What did>they do on Ekadashi, the day of fasting?>>Â>>For answers to above all questions Vishwa Madhwa Maha Parishat, Bangalore brought out a book>titled “The Questâ€�. For all these questions answers are provided by none other than Shri>1008 Shri Sathyama Tirtha swamiji of Shri Uttaradimath.>>Â>>This book is written in Kannada by K.Kantesha Kadramandalagi titled “ Jignassaâ€� and this is translated to English>by E D Narahari. We people have many queries on our shastras and also day>to day rituals. We can find answers>for all queries.>>Â>>I think this book is a boon to us. The queries are answered by

the Swamiji>in candid way by quoting the examples> from the shastras . Here are some of the questions on various topics like>Bouddhaavatara, about next birth, chewing the tobacco, Marriages, about omens,>bad dreams and good dreams, performing shraddha, paksha , rituals to unmarried>men celebrating festivals and undertaking the tours etc., are answered by the Swamiji in an>excellent way. All Madhwas should be>proud to have this great Peeetadipathi who is bestowing showers of grace>on us by spending his valuable time to put us on the right track on this earth.  First of all we should appreciate the authorÂ>K.Kantesha Kadramandalagi for his efforts to compile this book in>Kannada. The task taken by E D Narahari to translate into English is laudable>and this translation helps many Madhwas who are not well versed in

Kannada>language. If Narahari has not taken up this translation I would not have got>this opportunity to write review on this book.>>Â>>This book is divided in to five parts. First part deals with>question on General topic there are 44 questions present and second part deals>with Rituals-precepts and practices. It consists of 35 questions and third>chapter deals with Mahabharatha it contains five questions and fourth part>deals with Shri Uttaradimath and it contains eight questions and the last part deals with Tapta Mudra>Dharane it contains eight questions. Altogether this book contains 89 questions>covering all five chapters.>>Â>> The book contains the>Benediction from Shri Satyatma Tirtha Sreepadangalavaru. Sathyadhyanacharya Katti has explained  about the book and An appreciation by R Katti is

included. This book has a foreword>by Pt. Rangacharya Guttala, Kulapati of Shri Jayateertha Vidyapeetha, the Insight>by K. Kantesha Kadramandalagi and translator’s note by E D Narahari.>>Â>>This book is priced at Rs 50. This book is worth reading for the people who are interested to know more>on our Sri Madhwacharya’s philosophy . We all expect from ED Narahari to write>more books in coming days.>>Â>>||barathi ramana>mukhya pranantargata srikrishnarpanamastu||>>>!!! Prathamo Hanuman Nama, Dvitiyo Bhimayevacha, Purnapragnya Tritiyasto Bhagavatkaryasadhaka !!! Mohan Chippagiri MCA Lecturer in Computer Science Bangalore  Â>>> Get an email ID as yourname or yourname. Click here http://in.promos./address