IndiaDivine.org

[MYP] 24 Keshavaadi rupagala varNane- Sankarshana & vAsudeva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

namaste Prasanna Kumar,

here you go again with the pics of Sri Sankarshana & Sri Vasudeva.

Rgds

Harish

"Prasanna Kumar, H N (TATA BP Solar)" <prasanhnMadhwaYuvaParishat ; VMS ; satsangha_east ; jignaasa ; HDSM <Help_Deserving_Madhwa_Students >; ITMS <IT_Madhva_Sangha >; SriVyasarajaMutt <SriVyasarajaMutt >Monday, September 1, 2008 5:31:42 PMRE: [MYP] 24 Keshavaadi rupagala varNane- Sankarshana & vAsudeva

Namaskara,

We have received so far photographs of 14 Keshadvaadi Roopas. Request the concerned to send the photographs after Sankarshana & Vasudeva.

Haraye Namaha,

Prasanna Kumar H N

MadhwaYuvaParishat [MadhwaYuvaP arishat@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Shobha SrinivasanMonday, August 25, 2008 2:37 AMVMS; satsangha_east; Madhwa Yuva Parishat; jignaasa@ s.com; HDSM; ITMS; SriVyasarajaMutt[MYP] 24 Keshavaadi rupagala varNane- Sankarshana & vAsudeva

hari vAyu gurubhyo namaha

Source:

Taken from different books

1. Main source: haridAsaru kanDhante KeshavAdhi rUpagala varNane

SampAdakaru- Sri. dhIraNNa Vaidya, Source: TantrasAra sangraha by Jagatguru Sri Madhwacharya

Publisher: Jagatguru Sri Madhvacharya mUla mahasamsthana shrI Raghavendra Swamigalu Matha, Mantralaya

2. Vishnu sahasranama published by Achara Vichara (English magazine) (Pejawar matha, Chennai)

3. Vishnu sahasranama with meanings in Sanskrit & English according to Tatvasara commentary in sanskrit of Brihati sahasram by Sri Paada Rao published by Sri Sri Madhava Theertharu Moola Maha Samsthana.

Acknowledgement: Our thanks to Smt Pramodini & Sri Venkatesh Mutalik who provided us with 24 rupagaLu picture & book (above source)

http://www.tatvavad a.org/keshavadir oopa/number6. pdf

(Picture of Sankarshana & Vasudeva)

Chaturvimshati- mûrtibheda- stotram by shrI vAdiraja theertharu

http://www.dvaita. net/pdf/stotra/ vadiraja/ chaturvimshati. pdf

The above stothra & the corresponding Vishnu rupas is very specific and focussed chintana of the vishesha vishishta24 vyUha rUpa-s as in Gayatri, achamana etc. How these vishesharUpa-s should be thought of has been given in the above works byour Acharya-s based on hArIta and other smR^iti-s. This is forvishesha jnana. During mantra, achamana, dhyana etc., dhyeya mUrti-s has tobe thought of with specific laxanas. This is part of vishesha jnAna.

13. OM shankarshanAya namaha- shaMka, padma, chakra, gadA

He who withdraws everything into his stomach at the time of deluge.

Sankarshana (different rupa of Sankarshana) & HIS consort Jaya. Annihilation is the function of this Bhagavad Roopa.

kAmodakyurushaMkhap admasadariH saMkarShaNaH sharmado (shrI vAdirAja yati kR^ita)

shaMkhapadme chakragade bibrat.h saMkarShaNo. avatAt.h

saMkarShaNasya ramaNI hiraNyAstu hiraNyadA || (shrI sumatIMdra yati kR^ita)

(Meaning of Shankarshana from Vishnu Sahasranama)

saMkarShati saMhArakAle sarvANi bhUtAni svAtmAnaM prati AkarShatIti saMkarShaNaH

The Lord, in His Sankarshana form at the time of 'Great Dissolution' withdraws all matter into Himself; therefore the Lord is known as "Sankarshana"

('Tatvasara' commentary on Brihatee sahasraM)

durithAni bhaktebhyaH saMkarShani apakarShati iti saMkarShaNaH

Removes dangers from the devotees.

niyamaka rUpa: shaMkarShaNa

Touch tip of nose with right fore finger

ramArupa : hiraNyA

AkArarupa: tAmravarNa- copper

tatva- *Abhimani devatha*: pAyu- excretory system- mitrakhyasUrya

gAyathri-varNa *Abhimani devatha*: sya- indra

naivedya item-*Abhimani devatha*: huLi- Rudra

nakshatra- rAshi: chitta, tulA

mAsa:

paksha: kR^iShNa, haNe

nADi:

Ruthu: sharat.h

nityakarmagaLu:

pApanAshana: pashuhatyakR^ itaM

Songs: pankjaksha nIne yenna manku buddhiyannubidisini nna kinkaranna mAdikolloSANKARSHANA (13) ***

O lotus eyed one ! I pray that You free me of my dull wit & stupidity. Make me Your servant. O Sankarshana. I am stupid as I am always thinking of 'I' & 'mine'. Because of my ego, I am far removed from You. You are called Sankarshana as You attack everyone. But right now, I am pulled by the attractions of this tinsel world. Destroy my ignorance & draw me to Yourself.

14. OM vAsudevAya namaha- Shankha, chakra, padma, gadA

Son of Vasudeva or master of Vayudeva

In the form of Vasudeva, with His consort Lakshmi as Maya, Heliberates that section of jeevas (from the pangs of rebirth) who aredestined to attain Mukthi by virtue of their saddhane.

(Meaning of Vasudeva from Vishnu Sahasranama)

vAti jAnAtIti vAH | sUte utpAdayatIti suH | dIvyati krIDate iti devaH | vAschAsau sushchAsau devashcha vAsudevaH |

vishuddhaM sachvamantaH karaNaM vasudevashabditaM | bhagavAn.h atra vasati dhyotate cheti | tatra vishudde.antaH karaNe bhagavAnapagatAvara NaH pratIyate yataH ataH eva saH vAsudevaH | vasudeve pratIyata iti vasudevasyAyaM vAsudevaH |

vApayati muktiyogyAn. h prati svasvarUpaM j~nApayatIti vAH | sUte muktiyogyAn. h muktAn.h karotIti suH | devayati modayatIti devaH |

The Lord is Omnicient, creator of all & sportive for which reason He is vAsudevaH

Vasudeva denotes the truly clean mind in which the efflugent Lord resides; as He is seen or known within (or, by) such a mind He is vAsudevaH.

'VaH' indicates that He shows His nature to (only) those eligible for liberation; 'Suh' denotes His act of liberating them; and by 'devaH' is meant His grace that enables those liberated to be in the state of complete bliss. Thus VAsudevaH is the Lord, who liberates those eligible after revealing His nature to them & bestows on the liberated His grace so that they attain the state of complete bliss.

('Tatvasara' commentary on Brihatee sahasraM)

vasuShu AkAshAdi dravyeShu dIvyati vyAptaH iti vasudevaH vasudeva eva vAsudevaH |

vasu sukhaM tena dIvyate dhotate iti vasudevaH | yadvA vasavaH bhogAH tAn.h dIvyate prApayati iti vasudevaH | vasudevaH eva vAsudevaH |

svakAntyA rodasI dhyAvApR^ithivyau vAsayati AchChAdayati iti vAsuH | devayati bhaktAnAm.h abhIShTaM gamayati iti devaH vAsushchAsau devashcha vAsudevaH

Pervader of Akasa etc... (sky). Illumined by happiness i.e. Brilliant because of happiness. Causes attainment of enjoyments.

Covers by His brillance Heaven & Earth. Securor of things wished for by the devotees.

niyamaka rUpa: vAsudeva

Touch right nostril with right fore finger

ramArupa : hariNI

tatva- *Abhimani devatha*: upasthA [private parts]-svayambhuva manu

gAyathri-varNa *Abhimani devatha*: dhi- agni

naivedya item- *Abhimani devatha*: Sugar, jaggary- Indra

nakshatra- rAshi: svAti, tulA

mAsa:

paksha: kR^iShNa, udaramadhya

nADi:

Ruthu: hemantha

nityakarmagaLu:

AkArarupa: tAmravarNa- copper

pApanAshana: shunochChiShTaM

Songs: Esu janmabandarEnu dAsanallavEno nAnu ghAsi mAdadiru nInu VASUDEVANE (14) ***

Though I have had several births, I am Your devotee. You are my saviour. Pray do not make me suffer any more. O Vasudeva, You are the bestower of salvation. Kindly save me from this samsara.

PLEASE NOTE:

Understanding different rupas of Sri Hari

oMdu guNadoLaganaMta guNagaLu oMdu rUpadoLihavu lOkagaLoMdu rUpadi dharisi tadgata padhArthadoLahoragebAMdaLadavOliddu bahu pesariMda karesuta pUrNaj~nyAnA naMdamaya paripari vihArava mADi mADisuva……………HKS_03-31

Taken from http://dvaita. info/pipermail/ dvaita-list_ dvaita.info/ 2005-March/ 000522.html

ParamAtma's has endless and boundless supremacy in guNa, rUpa and kriyaposesses infinite virtuous qualities. In one particular guNa there aremany guNa-s and each guna is complete by itself. If we meditate on anyone of His guNa, among those happiness, knowledge, strength, beauty andother guNa-s are all complete by themselves and many in numbers. In onerUpa He has many rUpas-s and in one type of kriya there are manykriya-s. This is His amazing strength. He has the capability to causesurprising incidents/events not occurred in the past. There is no difference between the function of one part of His body withthe other. Any part of His body can perform any function He so desires.He can see with his ears, walk on his hands, smell with his foot etc..He is Himself present in His aMtaryAmi

rUpa-s and His biMba rUpa-s. shrIhari is complete in all respects thus – svagatbhEdavivarjit a. He isexclusively knowledgeable and ever happy. He has names of differentsounds and words and known by those suitably related names. The entire body of ParamAtma and every other part such as His nails andhair are exorbitantly filled with infinite virtuous qualities. There isno defect in any part.

The various rupas mentioned in the various avataras, Vyuhas and the Sri Vishnu Sahasranama are "different" via the strength of Vishesha (for example, associating Rama with only Sita during Ramaavatara et al.....)

For example, the same namas mentioned in the Dashavataras such as Vamana/Trivikrama and Narasimha and Sri Krishna are "different" from thoase mentioned in the 24 Keshavadi Namas.

Also for example, the sankarshana, aniruddha, pradyumna, vasudeva and narayana rupas are "different" from the same names mentioned in the 24 Keshavadi Namas. These are "distinguished" where the color of specific rupas are sometimes mentioned to enable one to make out that it is the pancha vyuha vs. the 24 vyuha etc etc.

And within the Sri Vishnu Sahasranama itself, there are multiple repetitions, which are "different" as well.

While doing the Kalasha puja where we invoke the 51 matrikas rupas , the 24 keshavadi rupas, the 10 avatara rupas, the 4 vAsudevadi rupas (Vasudeva, Pradhyumna, Sankarshana, Anirudha), the 4 vishvAdi (Vishwa, tejasa, pragnyA, turya) rupas and the 4 Atmadi (atma, antaraatma, paramathma, jnAnAthma) rupas along with Vedavyasa, dattatreya and Simshumara rupas as being repetitive!

Paramathma has neither birth nor death; neither growth nor decline and is devoid of all limitations and blemishes. He has hands and legs, head and eyes and other limbs everywhere. Our eyes can see only but cannot hear,smell, taste and so on, but there is no difference between Himself andvarious parts of His body like limbs, nails, hair etc nor His variousaMtaryAmi rUpa-s. (svagata beda vivarjitha concept). shrI Jagannatha dAsaru in his Magnus opus Harikathamruthasaar a, 2nd chapter, 8th, 9th verse....

jagavanellava nirmisuva nAlmoganoLage tAniddu salahuvagaganakeshanoLiddu samharisuvanu lOkagaLaswagata bhedavivarjitanu sarvaga sadAnaMdaikadehanu bagebageya nAmadali karesuta bhakutarannu poreva

Obbanali niMtAduvanu hari mattobbanali noDuvanu,beduva nobbanali nIDuvavanu mAtADuvanu beragAgi abbarada heddaivaniva mattobbaranu lekkisanu lokadoLabbane tA bAdhya bAdhakanAha nirbhita

In the feet, via JayaMta (pAdAbhimani) , as dAmOdara rUpi ParamAtma Hedoes the function of movement or standing and gives the feeling to thejIva that he is doing this activity. In the eyes via sUrya (nEtrAbhimAni) , as madhusUsadana rUpi ParamAtma Hedoes the function of sight i.e. He sees and makes us see.In the hands as daxaprajapati (hastAbhimAni) , as padmanAbha rUpiParamAtma He does the function of accepting or giving gifts.

Similarly, all functions are carried out by the body with the help of Paramathma itself. Paramathma is capable of carrying out impossible & extra ordinary tasks.

There is neither real difference between Him and His various forms, attributes and actions nor among themselves.

bhAratIramaNamukhya prANA.ntargata shrii kR^iShNArpanamastu

-- *shriishaH sharaNam.h*mama svAmI harirnityaMsarvasya patireva cha*xemaM vidhAsyati sa no bhagavAn.h tryadhIshaH | trAtAsmadIyavimR^ ishenakiyAnihArthaH*sarvAdhAraH, sarvakAraH, sarvaprerakaH, sarvasattApradaH,sarvashabdavAchyaH, sarvAchintyaH, sarvakarmakartA, sarvakarmapUjyaH, sarvakarmasAxI,sarvadevAdivandyaHviShNuH sarvottamaH, anantaguNapUrNaH, doShadUraH, svatantraH, sarvasvAmI,sarvasR^iShTyAdikar tA, sarvAntaryamI, sarvavyAptaH, mama anantopakArakaH,sa eva gurudevatAntargataH san.h pApAdi nAshayati, bhaktiGYAnAdi anugR^iNAtitaddAsohaM, nAhaM svatantraH na mama kArakANi, sarvANi taddattAnyeva, sarvaMtasmin.h samarpyatepUrNaH preShThaH paraH svAmI vyAptaH kartA upakArakaH | raxatyeva tadIyaMmAM karmArchyo gurudevagaHsarvarige

preraka sarvakartabhoktasarvatradali vyApta sarvashabda vAchasarvaguNa paripUrNa sarvadoShadUrasarvaGYAnagamya sarvashakta mUrtisarvesha cheluva gopAlaviThalareyasarvAntariyAmi sarvabauma namo