And

www.vijayadasaru.net group of portals presents

A Discourse on

Sri Narayana Pandithacharya’s

Sri SumadhwaVijaya

Discourse by :Sri M P Gururajachar

Dates : 19 th , 20 th and 21st September 2008

Time : 7 PM

Venue : Navamantralaya Rayara Matha, Basavanagudi, Opp. DoddaGanapathi Temple,Bangalore

For More Info please contact :Sri Geethacharya , Mobile:9845410128

Introduction:

Sri Narayana Pandithacharya, the author of Shrimadhvavijaya starts his composition on the Avatharaleela [history of the sporting exploits of the incarnation] of Acharya Madhva with the traditional obeisance to the Supreme Being and revered teachers, as it is mandatory to offer respectful prayers with devotion before commencing his composition. In this Chapter, he describes the two earlier incarnations of Mukhya Prana, Hanuman and Bhimasena, in Thretha and Dvapara yugas and the circumstances of the third incarnation as Madhwa.

Mangala-acharanam (Invocation)

Obeisance to Narayana.

1. I offer my obeisance to Lord Narayana, with the most delightful personality, who is the unique primal fountain head and embodiment of countless auspicious qualities like Jnana, Ananda etc, who is the creator of the world of living souls and inert matter, who has the effulgence of the just rising Sun, who is the Lord of Mahalakshmi, and Mukhya Prana, (the consort of Bharathi) who controls the life force of all living beings.

Obeisance to Krishna (VedaVyasa)

..2. I offer my obeisance to Krishna (VedaVyasa) who has the lustre of dark rain-bearing clouds and is very dear to Bhimasena, or the Pandavas, the husband/s of Draupadi (called Krishnaa). Krishna (VedaVyasa) also protected from danger or destruction, the cow herds of Gokula (groups of eternal word/sound arrangements called Vedas) from enemies (distortions in their enunciation)

Note: Here, the poet draws analogies between the cows of Gokula and the Vedas. Using the same set of words, he offers his obeisance to VedaVyasa, who protected the Vedas from distortion or destruction in the forthcoming Kali age and Krishna who protected the cows in Gokula.

Exaltation of the repute of Acharya Madhwa

..3. Sri Madhvacharya's fame illumines the three lokas (Heavens, Earth and Nether worlds) both inside and outside. It dispels even the internal darkness in the hearts of the souls. Therefore, it is superior to the effulgence of the Sun who provides only (external) illumination with in the three lokas. May it give us pure jnAna (leading us to Moksha).

Obeisance to Trivikrama Pandithacharya

..4. I offer my obeisance to the Sri Trivikrama Pandithacharya, my respected father and preceptor, from whose moon like face, the literary composition Tatva Pradipa (Commentary on Madhva's Brahma Sutra Bhashya) emerged, enlightening and giving pleasure to good souls, just as the soft moonlight (emerging from the Moon) illumines the world at night dispelling darkness and bringing pleasure to all living beings.

Devotion to Preceptor will lead to Devotion to God.

..5. Devotion to God will arise only with devotion to the preceptor. Hence, for securing the grace of God for the good people through devotion, I will describe (here with) the great, pure Avatharaleela (history of the sporting exploits of the incarnations) of Sri Vayu, who is the great preceptor of the entire world.

Note: As Vayu/Mukhya Prana is Jeevotthama (greatest soul) and is the main preceptor to the rest of the souls, knowledge of his greatness leads to devotion both to him and in God, thus leading to salvation

All Are Cordially invited

!!! Prathamo Hanuman Nama, Dvitiyo Bhimayevacha,

Purnapragnya Tritiyasto Bhagavatkaryasadhaka !!!

Mohan Chippagiri MCA

Lecturer in Computer Science

Bangalore

Get an email ID as yourname or yourname.