IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [SVBM:] Fw: Sri Yadhuvarya Charya Aradhane- Special Article

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Haribhaktas,

Shri Suresh V. Yakkundi a member of our SVBM list

is vamshajaru of Shri Yaadavaaryaru. Shri Yakkundi's son Shri Nachiket

Sharma and Smt Gargi are well known musicians in the Bay Area.Here

are some more facts and corrections to the writing by Shri Mohan Chippagiri.

Namaskara,

Sathya

----- Forwarded Message ----S. V. Yakkundi <svyakkundisvbm Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:06:52 AMRe: [sVBM:] Fw: Sri Yadhuvarya Charya Aradhane- Special Article

dear haribhaktas,

thanks for the kind words about me and my children, nachiketa and gargi.

the yadavaryara katti which was on the banks of river malaprabha in the village yakkundi (saundatti taluk, belgaum distt), is now under water, drowned by malaprabha irrigation project. karnataka govt. has established a new village yakkundi some distance away from the original location. it is some 12 kms from saundatti town.

while appreciating the article by shri mohan chippagiri, i would like to point out some errors/ discrepancies that have crept in :

first, it is "YAADAVAARYA" and not yadhuvarya aacharya.

shri yaadavaarya was born in maNoor (afzalpur taluk, gulbarga distt.) in 1541 and passed away on poornima day of bhadrapada in 1646 at yakkundi.

there are are some more. instead, may i request the interested haribhaktas to refer to the following kannaDa books :

1. virakta shikhamaNi yaadavaaryaru - shri baLachaarya mangaLaveDhe

published by shri vedavyaasa vedaanta pustaka

prakaashana, maalmaDDi, dharwaD (1941)

seconnd printing - 1996

2. shri shri yaadavaaryaru - shri g.h.b aachaarya

published by shri n. maadhavrayaru, gowribidanooru (1972)

3. shri yaadavaarya kruta stotra gaLu -- (contains a brief biography also)

published by shri venkaNNachaarya yakkunDi

munavaLLi (2005)

all the above books are available with me and may be referred to at my residence in j.p.nagar, bangalore.

btw, when the village yakkundi was submerged, my father, shri venkannaacharya yakkundi ( now 95 years) personally shifted the moola vigraha of shri baadaraayaNa (made by shri yaadavaarya himself, in panchaloha)and shri praaNadevara vigraha and the famous sheshashayee saligrama and other pooja materials used by generations of our family, to MUNAVALLI on the banks of river malaprabha. munavaLLi is some 20 kms from saundatti. for the last 35 years, he is conducting nitya pooje and aaraadhane on shri raama navami and deepavaLi paadya. on the aaraadhane days, 250-300 persons gather for pooja and anna- santarpaNe.

hari om.

suresh v. yakkundi

M.S. Sathya <mssnsvbm Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:47:10 AM[sVBM:] Fw: Sri Yadhuvarya Charya Aradhane- Special Article

Dear Haribhaktas,

A nice article about Shri YadhuvAryaru by Shri

Mohan Chippagiri.

We are proud to have the vamshastru of Shri YaduvAryaru in our SVBM

list Shri Suresh Yakundi, Shri Nachiket Sharma & Smt Gargi

Panchangam and their family on our list.

>> Even today his aradhane is celebrated at Yadhuvarya Katti. Where is Yadhuvarya Katti located?

I have been to Sodathi in Balgaum District - only visited Shri Yellamma

temple. Is it the same Sodathi.

----- Forwarded Message ----Mohan Chippagiri <vijayarayarapada@ .co. in>Mohan Chippagiri <vijayavittala>; IT Madhwa <it_madhva_sangha>; Jignaasa <jignaasa@ s.com>; madhwayuka <MadhwaYuvaParishat>; um um <um-community- center@grou ps.com>; Monday, September 15, 2008 12:02:30 AM Sri Yadhuvarya Charya Aradhane- Special Article

Sri Yadhuvarya Charya Period: 1580-1630 By- Mohan Chippagiri At the age of 40 years he has sacrificed all his wealth and he put his footsteps in the greatest philosophy of the world of Sri Madhwacharya. From then onwards he never looked back and he has grown leaps and bounds and he has bought laurels to Madhwa Philosphy. He has praised by Sri Rayaru and other Madhwa Yatigalu for his contribution to Sri MadhwaCharya’ s Philosophy. His period is 1580-1630. He was born in “YAKUNDI”, Sodathi Taluk, Belgaum district which is located in North Karnataka. He took birth in a Brahmin family. He had studied “Shaastrapaata” under Sri Vedesha Thirtharu. Sri Vedesha Thirtharu is Purva Ashrama Brother of Sri Yadhuvaryaru. Sri Vedesha Thirtharu is came under lineage of Sri Uttaradimath but he did not accepted the peeta of the Math inorder to teach Shaastrapaata to his younger brother. Sri Yadhuvaryaru is very fond of Bhaagavatha and he has written many Tippanis on Bhaagavatha. . His major contribution is writing the Tippani of Sri Teekarayaru’s SriManNyayasudha and he has earned the title “YADHUPATHYA”. He was visited by many Kings and land lords of that places and they came forward to donate money, lands etc., simply he declined their offers and he requested to give them only Jolada Nucchu(Jowar Grains) for the food. In Pandaripura an interesting incident has taken place. A scholarly pandit called Pandu Rangi Keshavachar who has studied all the Granthas expect the “Bhagavatha” and he had not shown interest in it. Yadhuvarya advised him to go thru the “Bhagavatha” But Pandurangi Keshavachar ignored words of Yadhuvarya.. Pandurangi Keshavachar was very close to his mother according to his mothers request he has requested Yadhuvaryaru to give discourse on the Bhagavatha to his mother and Yadhuvaryaru started giving discourse to her. Soon she became addicted to it and she never used to take any food or water before listening to the Bhagavatha. One day Yadhuvaryaru was out of station and upto afternoon Pandurangi’s Mother

could not take her food and Pandurangi Keshavachar worried about her mother status and requested to eat food. But she declined his offer. finally PanduRangi achar decided to give discourse on Bhagavatha and he opened the MahaBhagavatha for the first time and he was astonished by reading the Slokas and the words of Yadhuvarya ringed like bells in his ears and he also found the tippanis written by yadhuvarya on Bhaghavatha and realized the words of yadhyvarya and his eyes filled with tears. He appreciated the works of Yadhuvarya. Afterwards he took blessings from Yadhuvarya. From then onwards Pandurangi Keshavachar started teaching Bhagavatha to his disciples. There is another incident which also happened. One of his family member’s baby was on the lap of Yadhuvaryaru . The life of the baby had come to an end, but the baby was alive on the lap. The YamaBhatas were waiting to take the baby but they could not take because it was on the lap of Yadhuvarya. They planned to move the Yadhuvarya so that he can leave the baby on the floor as soon as Yadhavarya got up and the baby was left on the floor. Immediately they took the baby. This shows even Yamadhoothas had great respect on Sri Yadhuvaryaru. One more great incident happened in the Rayaru time. Rayaru and other scholars were in the Sabha. There was lot of discussions and debates that were taking place. When debates and discussions were going on suddenly Rayaru asked his fellow Scholars if “Yadhupathi” should have been present in this function. After hearing the words of Rayaru, Yadhuvaryaru was sitting in one corner coverd with blanket and he stood up politely and said I am here . Rayaru felt happy after seeing him and he called him near and blessed Yadhuvaryaru. With this incident we will come to know that great scholars will not be exposed themselves in the public.

Under him many disciples undergone Madhwa Philosophy among them are Sri Bidarahalli Sreenivasacahrya , Ummaji Tirumalcharya all of them became great scholars of the Madhwacharya’ s philosophy. Yadhuvarya’s works: He has written 9 Grantas among them two grantas are published. Nyayasudha Tippani, Bhaagavatha Tatparnirnayaa, Bhaagavatha Purana Tippani, Yamakabharatha , Sadhachara Smrithi Vyakhyana . He has written three stotras like Vishnu Stotra, vedha Vyasa Gadhya and slokas of Karavalambhaba stotra. He lived for 105 years and reached Haripada . Even today his aradhane is celebrated at Yadhuvarya Katti. Yestarday I had an opportunity to attend the programe on Sri Yadhuvaryaru and I have jolted some points on this great soul and I kept some points in my brain and bought this write up before you and I must thank Harivayu GuruGalu who has given opportunity to write this and this the Smarane on the Aradhane of this great Yaduvaryaru. . If any mistakes in this script write up & please correct me. || Sri Krishnarpanamasthu| |

!!! Prathamo Hanuman Nama, Dvitiyo Bhimayevacha,

Purnapragnya Tritiyasto Bhagavatkaryasadhak a !!!

Mohan Chippagiri MCA

Lecturer in Computer Science

Bangalore

Get an email ID as yourname (AT) ymail (DOT) com or yourname@rocketmail .com.