IndiaDivine.org

Madhwa Department @ Varanasi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Srinivasa,

With due respect to the earlier mail sent

by Smt Parimala Raghavendran, I would like to pose to question to this elite

Group which was raised by my brother when I requested him to sign the petition.

His question sounded simple but having

greater impact when read with his views and observations. His questions would appear

from more next generation questions than its applicability in the current

period. But such thoughts need to be addressed, considered and sufficiently

convinced before we venture into greater scales in development of our Madhwa

Culture and Philosophy. He does practice to the best of his ability, the basic

sadhachara prescribed by our elders.

His question was: Why cannot we have our

own Deemed University focusing on only Madhwa

Philosophy? Why do we need persons not related to Madhwa family / Vaishnavite

to govern over a department focusing on our Philosophy. Can it be managed by

the Mutts as a common centre of learning? Can all the various scholars

participate in the academic growth of such an University?

His view was that such an independent

institution from the Government would not be threatened unless otherwise violating

the legislatives, from the non-Madhwas or persons not ready to promote the

development of this community. This institution could represent the gateway

into our Philosophy and culture. This would also enable to standardise the opinions

and perceptions on our various practises. The overall control could lie with the

Mutts, while having Scholars catering to academic, administrative and

operational aspects of the University.

Distance learning ie correspondence

courses, audio visual conferences or establishment of such institution abroad

would enable our Madhwas residing abroad to feel closer to our culture. For example,

VMS could be considered the extended

arm of such an institution in US.

The implication of such a move is a

revolution and a paradigm shift in our approach to maintain and grow our

Philosophy.

Many of us would have discussed this

option already in earlier mails and probably have struck down such an idea. I

would like your opinion on this just to kindle your thoughts. Before you strike

it down as impossible or not practical, can we first think of things that we

need to address, if this was to be made possible. If we list down those

requirements, we may approach scholars, mutts and project experience members to

execute it.

This question requires a change in our

attitude towards the constantly changing and challenging environment. Are we

ready for such change?

I actually sent a separate email to my

brother stating that it was impossible. But I now wonder, Why cant we have one?

We are capable of having one. What are our

obstacles and how can we tackle them, that’s what we should focus on. If

everyone put their minds to it, I am sure that it can happen. I would like you

revert with your opinions.

Namaskaras !!!

----------------------

Raghav

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee, do not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this email or any attachments. If received in error, notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your system. Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as the message and any attachments could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, delayed, incomplete or amended. Standard Chartered PLC and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage caused by this email or any attachments and may monitor email traffic.

Standard Chartered PLC is incorporated in England with limited liability under company number 966425 and has its registered office at 1 Aldermanbury Square, London, EC2V 7SB.

Standard Chartered Bank ("SCB") is incorporated in England with limited liability by Royal Charter 1853, under reference ZC18. The Principal Office of SCB is situated in England at 1 Aldermanbury Square, London EC2V 7SB. In the United Kingdom, SCB is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under FSA register number 114276.

If you are receiving this email from SCB outside the UK, please click http://www.standardchartered.com/global/email_disclaimer.html to refer to the information on other jurisdictions.

Respected SrI Raghav and other brethren, Much as the views of SrI Raghav's brother as well as his, are very pertinent and commendable, all of us are, by now, very well aware of the organizational issues that plague most of our high profile institutions.

While setting up a deemed university, from a theoretical viewpoint looks fancy and perfect, is practice going to be a bed of red roses? Most certainly not. Back in India, the status of a deemed university is granted by the UGC (University Grants Commission). What makes us assume that UGC is going to be " all for it " ? Such organizations that come directly under Central government and HRD are often seats of double standards and vote bank politics. While they will okay a muslim " deemed " university, lest they look to be fundamentalists and unsecular, they would anything but okay a deemed university for (forget Madhwa Philosophy, forget vEdAntic philosophy,) Hindu philosophy.

Have we forgotten the way the sanctity and dignity of IITs/IIMs have been marauded with ~50% reservation. Being an IIT alumnus myself, it was very sad to see such a move being taken, ALL for the sake of appeasing a set of mortals to whom none of this would matter as widely as it has been projected to. Do you seriously think, " such " people will okay the status of a " deemed " university?

Do we want to have to " plead " with and combat such people for our deemed university? Are vidyApeeThas around India not doing a fine enough job? If we have to reach out further, it's very logical to take a single step at a time. Petitioning for one room in Varanasi university with 3-4 faculty will go unnoticed by the majority of the dead-against-brahmins community, or so I assume, as opposed to staking a claim for a 'deemed university', which will attract unwanted attention and lead to uninvited ruckus. In the end, the Kannada adage " iddiddannU ili kachkoNDu hOytu " will stand proven, when we neither get the deemed university nor a department at Varanasi.

In my personal opinion, starting small, safe and low key is a million times more probable to work than fishing for a whale in the first shot. In time, with the grace of hari-vAyu-gurugaLu, if it is in God's will that such a deemed university should happen, it will, and He knows when and how to get it done. As purandaradAsaru said " kudure andaNakAgi bayasOdu narachitta, padachAriyAgOdu harichittavayya " - let's not aspire for too much of luxury to start with.

I request all my brethren to consider these issues and to please go ahead and sign the petition for this noble cause. I'd like to thank Smt.Parimala for bringing this to our attention.harivAyu sEvArthE,

Shreekrishna.On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Putti, Raghav <Raghav.Putti wrote:

Hare Srinivasa,

With due respect to the earlier mail sent

by Smt Parimala Raghavendran, I would like to pose to question to this elite

Group which was raised by my brother when I requested him to sign the petition.

His question sounded simple but having

greater impact when read with his views and observations. His questions would appear

from more next generation questions than its applicability in the current

period. But such thoughts need to be addressed, considered and sufficiently

convinced before we venture into greater scales in development of our Madhwa

Culture and Philosophy. He does practice to the best of his ability, the basic

sadhachara prescribed by our elders.

His question was: Why cannot we have our

own Deemed University focusing on only Madhwa

Philosophy? Why do we need persons not related to Madhwa family / Vaishnavite

to govern over a department focusing on our Philosophy. Can it be managed by

the Mutts as a common centre of learning? Can all the various scholars

participate in the academic growth of such an University?

His view was that such an independent

institution from the Government would not be threatened unless otherwise violating

the legislatives, from the non-Madhwas or persons not ready to promote the

development of this community. This institution could represent the gateway

into our Philosophy and culture. This would also enable to standardise the opinions

and perceptions on our various practises. The overall control could lie with the

Mutts, while having Scholars catering to academic, administrative and

operational aspects of the University.

Distance learning ie correspondence

courses, audio visual conferences or establishment of such institution abroad

would enable our Madhwas residing abroad to feel closer to our culture. For example,

VMS could be considered the extended

arm of such an institution in US.

The implication of such a move is a

revolution and a paradigm shift in our approach to maintain and grow our

Philosophy.

Many of us would have discussed this

option already in earlier mails and probably have struck down such an idea. I

would like your opinion on this just to kindle your thoughts. Before you strike

it down as impossible or not practical, can we first think of things that we

need to address, if this was to be made possible. If we list down those

requirements, we may approach scholars, mutts and project experience members to

execute it.

This question requires a change in our

attitude towards the constantly changing and challenging environment. Are we

ready for such change?

I actually sent a separate email to my

brother stating that it was impossible. But I now wonder, Why cant we have one?

We are capable of having one. What are our

obstacles and how can we tackle them, that's what we should focus on. If

everyone put their minds to it, I am sure that it can happen. I would like you

revert with your opinions.

Namaskaras !!!

----------------------

Raghav

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee, do not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this email or any attachments. If received in error, notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your system. Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as the message and any attachments could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, delayed, incomplete or amended. Standard Chartered PLC and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage caused by this email or any attachments and may monitor email traffic.

Standard Chartered PLC is incorporated in England with limited liability under company number 966425 and has its registered office at 1 Aldermanbury Square, London, EC2V 7SB.

Standard Chartered Bank ( " SCB " ) is incorporated in England with limited liability by Royal Charter 1853, under reference ZC18. The Principal Office of SCB is situated in England at 1 Aldermanbury Square, London EC2V 7SB. In the United Kingdom, SCB is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under FSA register number 114276.

If you are receiving this email from SCB outside the UK, please click http://www.standardchartered.com/global/email_disclaimer.html to refer to the information on other jurisdictions.

-- nArAyaNAya paripoorNaguNArNavAyavishwOdaya-sthithilayOnniyati-pradAya |~jnyAna-pradAya vibhudhAsura-sowkhya-dukha-satkAraNAya vitatAya namO namastE ||