IndiaDivine.org

book/ manual on How to start Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All

While Experiencing the BUILDING of SRS maTa We are trying to Compile all the information about Starting of Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa.

If any Book/ Manual already there We would like to know.

IF not

HELP us to Prepare NOW.

We need Information on all the Aspects of maTa like, technical specificatons,about Vrindavana, Nitya pooja Paddati's, Specifications, Minimum programmes for the Year,

Minimum Wages etc.,

Hope this will be complete by Ugadi OUR new Year.

Sreedhara.K.

Architect

INHOUSE CONSULTANTS

Managing Trustee

SRI GURUKRUPA SEVA TRUST

424,Hcross,II phase,RR nagar

Bangalore-98

www.tulasimata.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/in2house/

080-28601980, mob:9844027231

This question could be a little out of place. Since a kid, I've always been curious about this one question. Perhaps someone out there can answer me. Why is it, that even with so many gurus in our guruparampare, we still usually have only SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLa maThas everywhere, or not something like, SrI TeekAchAryara maTha, or SrI vAdirAjara maTha or SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha etc.? (Of course, the odd 1-2 exceptions such as SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha in Raghavendra Colony, or abburu maTha in Srinagar are really small numbers on the multitude of rAyara maThas, especially in Bangalore!)

At times, I wonder if the over-population (pardon the usage, couldn't find a better term) of rAyara maThas is partly a reason for our guruparampare not being widely known beyond SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu, especially amongst the Madhwa kids and youth. In some places, there are 2 maThas within about 3-4 km!

No offense meant here. I am a very staunch devotee of SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu myself, but I still wonder about the above question quite often. I'd love to know the opinion of fellow Madhwas on this, and in particular, those of people involved with rAyara maThas and the elders in the forum.

Thanks,Shreekrishna. On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM, sreedhara kannamangala <in2house wrote:

Dear All

While Experiencing the BUILDING of SRS maTa We are trying to Compile all the information about Starting of Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa.

IF not

HELP us to Prepare NOW.

We need Information on all the Aspects of maTa like, technical specificatons,about Vrindavana, Nitya pooja Paddati's, Specifications, Minimum programmes for the Year,

Minimum Wages etc.,

Sreedhara.K.

Architect

INHOUSE CONSULTANTS

Managing Trustee

SRI GURUKRUPA SEVA TRUST

Bangalore-98

www.tulasimata.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/in2house/

-- नारायणाय परिपूरà¥à¤£à¤—à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤£à¤µà¤¾à¤¯ विशà¥à¤µà¥Šà¤¦à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤¤à¤¿à¤²à¤¯à¥Šà¤¨à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ |जà¥à¤žà¤¾à¤¨à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ विभà¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥Œà¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¦à¥à¤ƒà¤–सतà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤£à¤¾à¤¯ वितताय नमॊ नमसà¥à¤¤à¥† ||यॊ विपà¥à¤°à¤²à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤µà¤¿à¤ªà¤°à¥€à¤¤à¤®à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¥‚तानॠवादानà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¥ भà¥à¤µà¤¿ ततà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤µà¤¾à¤¦à¤®à¥ |

सरà¥à¤µà¥†à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥Š हरिरिति पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤®à¥ आननà¥à¤¦à¤¤à¥€à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤®à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ अहमॠनमामि ||

It is not as an authority or a scholar that i am venturing to answer your doubt.I suppose all of us however learned or otherwise have a right to know , and the need and the desire to know; is naturally more, among the not so wealthy in terms of knowledge.Each and every Guru incarnates with a specific purpose, through divine grace. Some may be to propagate a certain view on philosophy, some with more accent on social and moral upliftment, some out of compassion for the needy and the poorer class in society, and some for all these purposes. Needs or desires of common man are varied, depending on classification of souls.Bhajatham Kalpavrikshaya namatham Kamadhenave.......Sri Guru Raghavendra fulfills the devotees needs in whatever form the devotee desires. It may be in terms of wealth, education, health and alleviation

of sufferings.It is a proven fact, established a thousand times over. A devotee, whose desire is to obtain any of these attainments will naturally pray to guru Raghavendra. One of the purposes of the avathara of Sri guru Raghavendra is to grant the wishes of the devotee, material or otherwise, and then pave the way for further spiritual upliftment.If we are hungry for food, we go to a restaurant. If we are hungry for knowledge, we we go to a bookshop or visit the Vishwamadhwa sangha group!!We are all need based in some form or other. And each one finds the solution for his needs from a souce of fullfilment .namaskarasSrinivasanhejmadis--- On Tue, 1/6/09, Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijaya wrote:Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijayaRe:

book/ manual on How to start Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa"sreedhara kannamangala" <in2houseCc: "MYP" <MadhwaYuvaParishat >, "VBK" <VishwaBrahmanaKutumba >, "Vishwa Madhwa Sangha" , "vipra samhitha" <viprasamhitha (AT) googl (DOT) com>Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 11:44 AM

This question could be a little out of place. Since a kid, I've always been curious about this one question. Perhaps someone out there can answer me. Why is it, that even with so many gurus in our guruparampare, we still usually have only SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLa maThas everywhere, or not something like, SrI TeekAchAryara maTha, or SrI vAdirAjara maTha or SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha etc.? (Of course, the odd 1-2 exceptions such as SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha in Raghavendra Colony, or abburu maTha in Srinagar are really small numbers on the multitude of rAyara maThas, especially in Bangalore!)

At times, I wonder if the over-population (pardon the usage, couldn't find a better term) of rAyara maThas is partly a reason for our guruparampare not being widely known beyond SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu, especially amongst the Madhwa kids and youth. In some places, there are 2 maThas within about 3-4 km!

No offense meant here. I am a very staunch devotee of SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu myself, but I still wonder about the above question quite often. I'd love to know the opinion of fellow Madhwas on this, and in particular, those of people involved with rAyara maThas and the elders in the forum.

Thanks,Shreekrishna. On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM, sreedhara kannamangala <in2house > wrote:

Dear All

IF not

HELP us to Prepare NOW.

We need Information on all the Aspects of maTa like, technical specificatons, about Vrindavana, Nitya pooja Paddati's, Specifications, Minimum programmes for the Year,

Minimum Wages etc.,

Sreedhara.K.

Architect

INHOUSE CONSULTANTS

Managing Trustee

SRI GURUKRUPA SEVA TRUST

Bangalore-98

www.tulasimata. org

http://www.flickr. com/photos/ in2house/

-- नारायणाय परिपूरà¥à¤£à¤—à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤£à¤µà¤¾à¤¯ विशà¥à¤µà¥Šà¤¦à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤¤à¤¿à¤²à¤¯à¥Šà¤¨à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ |जà¥à¤žà¤¾à¤¨à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ विभà¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥Œà¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¦à¥à¤ƒà¤–सतà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤£à¤¾à¤¯ वितताय नमॊ नमसà¥à¤¤à¥† ||यॊ विपà¥à¤°à¤²à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤µà¤¿à¤ªà¤°à¥€à¤¤à¤®à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¥‚तानॠवादानà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¥ भà¥à¤µà¤¿ ततà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤µà¤¾à¤¦à¤®à¥ |

सरà¥à¤µà¥†à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥Š हरिरिति पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤®à¥ आननà¥à¤¦à¤¤à¥€à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤®à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ अहमॠनमामि ||

Hi Shreekrishna,

You have raised wonderful topic.

Practically speaking,everyone think (including me) that guruparampare Means Raghavendra Swamigalu.Its high time for everyone to know about our guru parampare and circulate the same.

Can anyone has got infos about guruparampare

Regards-Govind

--- On Tue, 6/1/09, Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijaya wrote:

Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijayaRe: book/ manual on How to start Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa"sreedhara kannamangala" <in2houseCc: "MYP" <MadhwaYuvaParishat >, "VBK" <VishwaBrahmanaKutumba >, "Vishwa Madhwa Sangha" , "vipra samhitha" <viprasamhithaTuesday, 6 January, 2009, 11:44 AM

This question could be a little out of place. Since a kid, I've always been curious about this one question. Perhaps someone out there can answer me. Why is it, that even with so many gurus in our guruparampare, we still usually have only SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLa maThas everywhere, or not something like, SrI TeekAchAryara maTha, or SrI vAdirAjara maTha or SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha etc.? (Of course, the odd 1-2 exceptions such as SrI SrIpAdarAjara maTha in Raghavendra Colony, or abburu maTha in Srinagar are really small numbers on the multitude of rAyara maThas, especially in Bangalore!)At times, I wonder if the over-population (pardon the usage, couldn't find a better term) of rAyara maThas is partly a reason for our guruparampare not being widely known beyond SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu, especially amongst the Madhwa kids and youth. In some places, there are 2 maThas within about 3-4 km! No offense meant here. I am a very

staunch devotee of SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu myself, but I still wonder about the above question quite often. I'd love to know the opinion of fellow Madhwas on this, and in particular, those of people involved with rAyara maThas and the elders in the forum. Thanks,Shreekrishna.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM, sreedhara kannamangala <in2house > wrote:

Dear All

IF not

HELP us to Prepare NOW.

We need Information on all the Aspects of maTa like, technical specificatons, about Vrindavana, Nitya pooja Paddati's, Specifications, Minimum programmes for the Year,

Minimum Wages etc.,

Sreedhara.K.

Architect

INHOUSE CONSULTANTS

Managing Trustee

SRI GURUKRUPA SEVA TRUST

Bangalore-98

www.tulasimata. org

-- नारायणाय परिपूरà¥à¤£à¤—à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤£à¤µà¤¾à¤¯ विशà¥à¤µà¥Šà¤¦à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤¤à¤¿à¤²à¤¯à¥Šà¤¨à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ |जà¥à¤žà¤¾à¤¨à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ विभà¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥Œà¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¦à¥à¤ƒà¤–सतà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤£à¤¾à¤¯ वितताय नमॊ नमसà¥à¤¤à¥† ||यॊ विपà¥à¤°à¤²à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤µà¤¿à¤ªà¤°à¥€à¤¤à¤®à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¥‚तानॠवादानà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¥ भà¥à¤µà¤¿ ततà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤µà¤¾à¤¦à¤®à¥ |सरà¥à¤µà¥†à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥Š हरिरिति पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤®à¥ आननà¥à¤¦à¤¤à¥€à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤®à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ अहमॠनमामि ||

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.

Thanks all, for those who responded to my mail, some to the group, some privately.Govind, there is a lot of information available on many luminaries of our guruparampare. You may visit Madhwa sites such as www.dvaita.org, www.tattvavada.org etc. for more information.

I think why we have rAyara maTha usually, and not maThas of other gurus is in a loose sense, related to financial feasibility. rAyara maTha attracts bhaktas, donations and such. I doubt if other maThas would.

My concern is this. We keep coming across newer rAyara maThas developing on a periodic basis. It's a wonderful thing, sure, and my wholehearted kRutajnyatAs to the yeomen who take the initiative with such commitment. However, over a period of say 100-200 years, if it's rAyara maThas that become the emblem of Madhwa faith, with due respects to SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu, I think that this would continually reduce the overall awareness among the next-generation Madhwas. As it is, kanakAbhishEkhas at rAyara maThas have become a ready means of appeasing the noble guru amongst current generation Madhwas (I am talking mostly of my experiences with brethren in Bangalore). There are people who fast on thursdays (wonderful indeed), but have little or no regard towards fasting on EkAdashIs.

A very scholarly person, in a discussion I had with him on a similar issue, while I was in Madras, remarked that amongst Madhwa people today, SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu has become a veritable " ATM " , who is only there to give whatever we desire. I wonder if most maThas have ever tried to portray SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu in his complete eminence and glory - his spartan life and the lessons we need to learn from it, his astoundingly amazing commentaries and glosses on prasthAnatraya and its commentaries (works such as gItAvivRutti, pramEyadeepikA, nyAyadeepikA, nyAyamuktAvaLi, khaNDArthAs on upanishats etc.) and such? It is a personal feeling that I have that we are a stage in our Madhwa society where we have to re-evaluate the objectives of maThas.

While quite a few maThas are engaged in organizing weekly discourses, I see very few maThas engaged in impacting on the kids and the youth. How does something like organizing a story-telling session of MadhwachAryaru to kids, or having them paint a God of their choice, or such sound? Some weekly activity which will teach kids a LOT more about our gurus and faith. All kids seem to know today is that " taata maami's " temple has good food, and " taata maami " will help them get 96% in their exams. bhakti towards rAyaru is a great thing, but should that not be just a stepping stone towards bhakti towards SrI harivAyu gurugaLu?

It comes as a shock when I look at the fact that parents today send their kids to an hour of swimming, tennis etc everyday, or even 2 hours of salsa-jive dance per week, but why is there no such " 2 hours of knowing our gurus and roots " there in their regimen? Well, that's probably because our centres of learning and propagation of faith have stuck to organizing pravachanas and dEvaranAma programmes largely wooing the retired folks, while there is more to be done in trying to impact the younger generation, whose knowledge and orientation towards our culture has remarkably deteriorated in the last 10 years, and will continue to.

If there are people owing allegiances to maThas, my request is to

please re-evaluate the " target audience " and " core objectives " of

maThas. It is indeed a very very great service that is being rendered

to the madhwa community by establishing these maThas, but in such

establishments lies the responsibility for preserving and passing on,

not merely bhakti in rAyaru, but bhakti in madhwa-siddhAnta, madhwa

guruparampare and madhwAchAryaru himself.Finally, there would perhaps be a few people out there, thinking that this mail, written by some arrogant fellow in some other part of the world, is " gALimaatu " , " sAmarthya iddre baNdu maaDli " or on similar lines. Well, in my defense, I am just trying to express some of the latent thoughts that I have always had in mind, and I believe that in expression begins a step towards change. It is not about pinpointing something and finding faults with the current affairs, but just an honest attempt to present a different angle of looking at things.

What would be your reaction if you were privy to a conversation like this? You : Today is vAdirAjara AradhAneFriend : What? Who is that?Me : vAdirAjaru? gottilva? (don't you know?)Friend : Oh, is he that cook, who stays near N.R.Colony maTha?

(Friend is about 21 years old.) Thanks for your patience,Shreekrishna.PS : The views here are aimed at no particular individual, and are only expressed with concern, and should kindly be taken in a constructive sense by all the elders.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Govind <govinddamu wrote:

Hi Shreekrishna,

You have raised wonderful topic.

Practically speaking,everyone think (including me) that guruparampare Means Raghavendra Swamigalu.Its high time for everyone to know about our guru parampare and circulate the same.

Can anyone has got infos about guruparampare

Regards-Govind

--- On Tue, 6/1/09, Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijaya wrote:

Shreekrishna <sumadhwavijaya

Re: book/ manual on How to start Sri Raghavendra Swamy maTa " sreedhara kannamangala " <in2houseCc: " MYP " <MadhwaYuvaParishat >, " VBK " <VishwaBrahmanaKutumba >, " Vishwa Madhwa Sangha " , " vipra samhitha " <viprasamhitha

Tuesday, 6 January, 2009, 11:44 AM

No offense meant here. I am a very

staunch devotee of SrI rAghavEndra swAmigaLu myself, but I still wonder about the above question quite often. I'd love to know the opinion of fellow Madhwas on this, and in particular, those of people involved with rAyara maThas and the elders in the forum.

Thanks,Shreekrishna.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM, sreedhara kannamangala <in2house > wrote:

Dear All

IF not

HELP us to Prepare NOW.

Minimum Wages etc.,

Sreedhara.K.

Architect

INHOUSE CONSULTANTS

Managing Trustee

SRI GURUKRUPA SEVA TRUST

Bangalore-98

www.tulasimata. org

-- नारायणाय परिपूरà¥à¤£à¤—à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤£à¤µà¤¾à¤¯ विशà¥à¤µà¥Šà¤¦à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤¤à¤¿à¤²à¤¯à¥Šà¤¨à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ |

जà¥à¤žà¤¾à¤¨à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ विभà¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥Œà¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¦à¥à¤ƒà¤–सतà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤£à¤¾à¤¯ वितताय नमॊ नमसà¥à¤¤à¥† ||यॊ विपà¥à¤°à¤²à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤µà¤¿à¤ªà¤°à¥€à¤¤à¤®à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¥‚तानॠवादानà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¥ भà¥à¤µà¤¿ ततà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤µà¤¾à¤¦à¤®à¥ |सरà¥à¤µà¥†à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥Š हरिरिति पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤®à¥ आननà¥à¤¦à¤¤à¥€à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤®à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ अहमॠनमामि ||

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.

-- नारायणाय परिपूरà¥à¤£à¤—à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤£à¤µà¤¾à¤¯ विशà¥à¤µà¥Šà¤¦à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤¤à¤¿à¤²à¤¯à¥Šà¤¨à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ |जà¥à¤žà¤¾à¤¨à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¦à¤¾à¤¯ विभà¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥Œà¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¦à¥à¤ƒà¤–सतà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤£à¤¾à¤¯ वितताय नमॊ नमसà¥à¤¤à¥† ||यॊ विपà¥à¤°à¤²à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤µà¤¿à¤ªà¤°à¥€à¤¤à¤®à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¥‚तानॠवादानà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¥ भà¥à¤µà¤¿ ततà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤µà¤¾à¤¦à¤®à¥ |सरà¥à¤µà¥†à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥Š हरिरिति पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤®à¥ आननà¥à¤¦à¤¤à¥€à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤®à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ अहमॠनमामि ||