IndiaDivine.org

Interested in learning Sanskrit Basics?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haraye namah.I find that a significant number of our group members are conversant in Sanskrit and a few of them even at the professional level. There could still be a few who have a desire to learn to read and understand Sanskrit slokas but had no opportunity so to do earlier. If you are one such, please read on.Learning Sanskrit through the classical approach or through the modified approach as taught in the modern day schools may not be convenient for most of us who are not in academics. Why not try the same through practice the way we have picked up minimal skill sets of internet browsing, e-mailing etc. without going into its theory or lab sessions.An attempt of the kind is made through the weekly exercises at the following address:http://simhageeta.wikidot.com/forum/c-67065/sundara-kaanda-raamayanamOne sloka will be provided at every week-end. The meaning of a few words are also provided. All that you need to do is to try finding the meaning of other words (that are likely to be nearer to our colloquial words or words that have been covered in the previous slokas), co-relate them and write down the meaning of the sloka. Does not matter how far or near you are to the actual meaning. At the end of the next week, I will be providing the meaning of the sloka and the tips for piking up the language. This would help us pick up the language through practice. You would also have the flexibility to use your own free time and an entire week as cushion to take care of the other work loads of life.I will not be standing in the position of a guru taking theory

sessions but will stand by you to do the hand-holding if and where required, the way a lab-assistant does. Since the slokas are picked up from the sacred book of mahabhaarata tatparya nirnaya, you will be reading the original text of Sri Madhwaacharya and also earning virtue through the reading of sundara kanda ramaayana as a bonus.Interested if you are, please let me have a word from you at ravindranath_krRegardsRavindranath

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.