IndiaDivine.org

Information Request - Non Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members,

I am sorry if my Subject line is confusing or misleading. I would be glad if some one can change it appropriately.

I am trying to know if there is any Dasa Parampara or composers who followed Dwaitha sidhantha and composed songs in languages other than Kannada/Sanskrit (like in Tamil, Telugu or any other language).

I am fully convinced that it may take "n" janma's to complete learning Dasa Sahityas composed in Kannada and Sanskrit by our Yathigalu's and Composers from Dasa Parampare.

However, I would like to know if any such literature exists. I have heard on several occasions from many that despite praising of Hari, compositions of Tyagaraja or Dikshithar don't stick to Dwaitha sidhantha.

Finally Tyagaraja composed a song in Raga Reethigowla with a starting note as Dwaithamu Sukhama. In this song, Tyagaraja preys to Lord Rama for showing the right path whether to choose Dwaitha or Adwaitha. Does anyone have any references to Tyagaraja's conclusion (through Sri Hari) after he composed this song.

I appreciate if I can get any pointers on my request.

Note: I don't have any slightest doubt in mind about our Dwaitha philosophy and it's supremacy over other philosophies. I am simply trying to see if Composers like Tyagaraja or their compositions can be sung without being afraid of deviating from the basics of our philosophy. I am one of those who spent years and years of learning Carnatic Music in Chennai through number of Compositions of Trinity and several others.

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

Chennai

. Multitasking at its finest.

Guest guest

Khakandaki Sri Mahipati Dasaru, is a Haridasa who followed Dvaita School of thought. He did not have any anikita from Madhwa YatigaLu or Haridasaru. He composed Devaranama under the Ankita Mahipati . His swaroopa Gurugalu was Bhasakara swamiji of Sarawada Grama. His aradhana falls on Kartheeka krishna Mavasya , He was a poficient scholar who could speak in Kannada, Urdu Parsi,MaraTi, Hindi Parsi,. The King Khawas Khan used to stand and hear his Pravachana and requested him to come to the Darbar and perform Pravachana in Urdu Language.He has composed devaranama in MaraTi, Kannada, Hindi sanskrit languages. One could see these songs in the Book Sri Mahaipathi Dasaru brought by adhyana Samsthe, Manasa Gangotri, Mysore.Raha Kedara TaLa : AdiBaata PakaDo SeedaaNa PhaDe tEthE baadhaaiduve Nija Guru BhoDa! swasukha sammatawaada. in Kannada-MaraTi-Urdi three languages in (Tri Bhaasha Sootra) one song. He lived in the 19th Century and his songs on Sri Raghavendra are so melodius. I used many of them in the Musical features in Kannada produced on him by me, at All India Rado , Madras. sung by leading musicians of Chennai. GRRRao.it_madhva_sangha ; sumadhwaseva; ; madhwayuvaparishat ; nsathyaFrom: nsathyaDate: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:59:56 +0530 Information Request - Non Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy

Dear Members,

I am sorry if my Subject line is confusing or misleading. I would be glad if some one can change it appropriately.

I am trying to know if there is any Dasa Parampara or composers who followed Dwaitha sidhantha and composed songs in languages other than Kannada/Sanskrit (like in Tamil, Telugu or any other language).

I am fully convinced that it may take "n" janma's to complete learning Dasa Sahityas composed in Kannada and Sanskrit by our Yathigalu's and Composers from Dasa Parampare.

However, I would like to know if any such literature exists. I have heard on several occasions from many that despite praising of Hari, compositions of Tyagaraja or Dikshithar don't stick to Dwaitha sidhantha.

Finally Tyagaraja composed a song in Raga Reethigowla with a starting note as Dwaithamu Sukhama. In this song, Tyagaraja preys to Lord Rama for showing the right path whether to choose Dwaitha or Adwaitha. Does anyone have any references to Tyagaraja's conclusion (through Sri Hari) after he composed this song.

I appreciate if I can get any pointers on my request.

Note: I don't have any slightest doubt in mind about our Dwaitha philosophy and it's supremacy over other philosophies. I am simply trying to see if Composers like Tyagaraja or their compositions can be sung without being afraid of deviating from the basics of our philosophy. I am one of those who spent years and years of learning Carnatic Music in Chennai through number of Compositions of Trinity and several others.

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

Chennai

. Multitasking at its finest.

The new . You don’t want to miss this.

Guest guest

Namaskara Sri.Sathya,

Regarding Sri.TyagarAja's composition " dvaitamu sukahma.... " , the conclusion is

self evident. If TyagarajAja is expecting the correct answer from Sri.Rama, then

it implies Tyagaraja is perceiving the *difference* between him and Lord Rama.

Thus it is Dvaita only (to be precise, dvaita of one who is seeking and One Who

is teaching).

On the other hand, if advaita is the correct answer, Sri.Rama would not have

told so or Lord Rama's answer has no validity. Why so?

If Sri.Raama Himself is seeing Tyagaraja separate from Him and is seeking the

answer, then it means Raama also perceives the Dvaita. It means, then, by

logical implication Rama is also deluded and an ajnAni, for according to

Advaitic tenets, whoever is seeing Dvaita is an ajnAni by definition.

So, the answer for Tyagaraja's question is self evident and it is Dvaita only.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srinivas Kotekal

, Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

<nsathya wrote:

>

>

> Dear Members,

>

>

>

> I am sorry if my Subject line is confusing or misleading. I would be glad if

some one can change it appropriately.

>

>

>

> I am trying to know if there is any Dasa Parampara or composers who followed

Dwaitha sidhantha and composed songs in languages other than Kannada/Sanskrit

(like in Tamil, Telugu or any other language).

>

>

>

> I am fully convinced that it may take " n " janma's to complete learning Dasa

Sahityas composed in Kannada and Sanskrit by our Yathigalu's and Composers from

Dasa Parampare.

>

>

>

> However, I would like to know if any such literature exists. I have heard on

several occasions from many that despite praising of Hari, compositions of

Tyagaraja or Dikshithar don't stick to Dwaitha sidhantha.

>

>

>

> Finally Tyagaraja composed a song in Raga Reethigowla with a starting note as

Dwaithamu Sukhama. In this song, Tyagaraja preys to Lord Rama for showing the

right path whether to choose Dwaitha or Adwaitha. Does anyone have any

references to Tyagaraja's conclusion (through Sri Hari) after he composed this

song.

>

>

>

> I appreciate if I can get any pointers on my request.

>

>

>

> Note: I don't have any slightest doubt in mind about our Dwaitha philosophy

and it's supremacy over other philosophies. I am simply trying to see if

Composers like Tyagaraja or their compositions can be sung without being afraid

of deviating from the basics of our philosophy. I am one of those who spent

years and years of learning Carnatic Music in Chennai through number of

Compositions of Trinity and several others.

>

>

>

> Thanks and regards

>

> Sathya

>

>

>

> Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

>

> Chennai