IndiaDivine.org

Query - Getting blessings from Non-Madhwa Scholars and Swamijis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members,

Can we do Namaskara to Non-Madhwa Scholars and Swamiji's and seek their blessings.

Many a times we come across Pandits, Prohiths, Scholars and Non-Madhwa Mutt Swamijis in our life during various occasions.

Can we do Namaskara to them and get their blessings.

I had recently been to a Upanayanam of one of my close friends son (he is an Advaithi). The upanayanam was performed by a 83 years old Prohith. The Grand father of the kid announced that he is a reputed prohith and a great scholar of Advaitha philosophy and several other credits and he has been a guiding force for several families etc.

Everyone from the gathering started falling on his feet and took blessings. To be honest, he is very kind, affectionate, very patient, took time to listen to everyone's name and how they are connected to this family etc and with full sincerity he blessed them. That includes me, my wife and kid.

Also I have been in occasions with the presence of several Swamijis and Jeeyars of Sankara and Sri Vaishnava mutts.

Will it be a dis-respect to our Acharya and Guru Parampare and in turn to Lord Sri Hari to get blessings from a Non Madhwa scholar/swamiji. Will it have any negative effect?

As far as my intention goes while seeking blessings, it is nothing beyond a peaceful life, the least..

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

Chennai

A Note to Moderators: If you can answer this question directly and felt that this doesn't qualify for a discussion with the forum, Please do so. MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with .