IndiaDivine.org

RE: Srimadacharya - showing two fingers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have heard before that the popular picture of Acharya Madhva's depicts him as though he is ignoring or giving a snobbish look. The lakshanas as described in his biography, that of a handsome sculpted body, grace and mannerisms are all missing. The other point Sri Bannanje mentions is that Acharya's picture should not have him adorn the angara, and instead Gopi chandana should be on his forehead. The 'angara' was instituted later on (probably Sri Vadiraja thirtha) to distinguish a Madhva from another school. The real tilaka should be Gopi chandana as it is per Vedas.Thanks,Raghu.srinivasa_achar; sumadhwaseva; madhwayuvaparishat ; ; it_madhva_sangha ; jignaasa From: krish_pDate: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:18:19 +0000RE: Re: [sUMADHWASEVA] Srimadacharya - showing two fingersNamaskaragalu. I agree to Shri Vaidya Acharya's inputs and his art. No doubt Shri Adamar Swamiji showered his praises. One should listen to Shri Bannanje Acharya's "Acharya Madhwa" lecture (http://www.kannadaaudio.com/Songs/Discourses/home/Acharya-Madhwa.php) to understand the meaning behind the posture that Shri Vadirajaru depicted. Its also picturized in the song "praNatavAn prANinAm prANabhUtam" which Shri Bannanje Acharya recites at the beginning of his lectures. Art by itself has no significance unless its supported by Apta vAkya and artists should approach learned scholars who would provide insight into how j~jAni's have depicted Shri Acharya Madhwa. RegardsPrasanna Krishna SUMADHWASEVA (AT) (DOT) co.in; MadhwaYuvaParishat ; ; it_madhva_sangha ; jignaasa From: srinivas_achar71 (AT) (DOT) co.inDate: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:08:53 +0530 Re: [sUMADHWASEVA] Srimadacharya - showing two fingers [1 Attachment][Attachment(s) from vaidya achar included below] Hare Srinivasa,Showing two fingers is only an imagination of the artist the correct pose is showing jnanamudre as we see in Acharya Madhva's idol at Pajaka xetra which is established by Great Vadirajaru,since Acharaya preached dualism artist tried to show it through two fingers.See the attacment one of my works on Acharya which was appreciated by Adamar muth Sreegalu[Jr.]as a correct figure of Acharyaru basing as per pajaka idol .Namaskara,srinivasachar.Kale Balkrishna <kale1972 >SUMADHWASEVA (AT) (DOT) co.inSent: Thursday, 11 June, 2009 10:22:49 AMRe: [sUMADHWASEVA] Srimadacharya - showing two fingersNamaskara,The two fingers denotes DWAITA.-- हरये नमःKale BalkrishnaVice President - ITMSMobile : +91-9849042501visit my blog : http://kalebala. wordpress. com/Slogan of the day : Please do Sandhyavandane Daily.2009/6/11 Narahari Sumadhwa <naraharisumadhwa@ .in> Hare SrinivasaIn all the above Pictures, Srimadhwacharyaru is showing two fingers, Why?There are some significance for these two fingers..Please try to give your response on this in the form of "Sumadhwa Seva"Once I receive all the mails, I will send the final mail to the groupNarahari Sumadhwa "ಮಧà³à²µà²®à²¤à²µà³‡ ಮತವà³, ಸಕಲ ಶà³à²°à³à²¤à²¿ ಸಮà³à²®à²¤à²µà³à²®à²§à³à²µà²°à²¾à²¯à²° ಕರà³à²£ ಪಡೆಯದವ ಧರೆಯೊಳಗೆ ಇದà³à²¦à²°à³‡à²¨à³ ಇಲà³à²²à²¦à²¿à²¦à³à²¦à²°à³‡à²¨à³"http://www.sumadhwa seva.com/Narahari Sumadhwa - ನರಹರಿಸà³à²®à²§à³à²µ (9916904341)Moderator -"ಸà³à²®à²§à³à²µà²¸à³‡à²µà²¾" {Sumadhwaseva} Groupಹರಿಸರà³à²µà³‹à²¤à³à²¤à²®, ವಾಯà³à²œà³€à²µà³‹à²¤à³à²¤à²®, ಪಂಚಭೇದ, ತಾರತಮà³à²¯Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!Get easy photo sharing with Windows Liveâ„¢ Photos. Drag n’ drop