IndiaDivine.org

Ughabhogas of Purandara Dasaru to show the Lord's vyApti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Srinivasa! anurEnu triNa dalli paripoorNanaagirava gunavantane ninna mahimeO Venugopala! You are in the smallest of atoms and give existences to sub atomic particles by being in them! But does that in anyway comprismise Your great powers? Not at all! Your greatness lies in the fact that You are complete in all respects. Paripoorna in guNa and mahima. Each guna is infinite and You are full of infinite such auspicious gunas,Your greatness is infinite. Inspite of these towering powers, You have the exquisite power as well as natural benevolence as to be present in the smallest of the smallest particle at the same time exerting the same complete influence on all creation and entites. You have no boundariesgaNaNe maaDuvaru yaaru enisi nODuvalu innu elaakshi siri dEviYour mahime is infinite. Who would take on the impossible task

of counting Your gunas? Even Mahalakshmi who is having the deepest perception of You, being the akshara purushalu, is still counting! The lovely eyed mother has these lovely, beautiful eyes because she has been eternally percieving Your great leelas, being with You at all times and places. Her name ‘shri’ “means one who is immersed in bliss†. It is befitting that she who is looking , observing and drinking the nectar of Your leelas since eternal time should always be immersed in such bliss.Such is the infinite, uncountable mahime of the Lord.After all, if something can be counted, then how would it be infintie! Therefore we can conclude that it is uncountable by anyone even the great mother Lakshmi.Dasaru echoes a similar thought intiliyadO ninnATa tirupathiya veMkaTaAru ballaru nimmA shri lakumiya manasige tOruviyO?Parabomma uLidavaru ballare nirajAsana bommA idu ninna marma“Who would

know You? Even Shri Lakshmi sees what You see fit to show her. You are the Supreme Brahma , would anyone ever know You ? O ‘ father of Brahma , This is Your great mystery!jnana suguna tatva venugopala hareEven so, the knowledgeable ones know You as that truth which is jnAna, which is full of auspicious attributes. And even though You have such imposing majesty, You are approachable even to the cowherds and gopis of Gokula, O venugOpAla. One of Your great mahime’s is this -:The devotee is never qualified enough to approach You but You Yourself approach the devotee. Such is Your great kArunya .†The devotee may not be able to see You, but You see the devotee and approach Him.Sri Jagannatha Dasaru compares this to : A child looks for its mother and does not find her, it being dark. But the mother knows that the child is there and when it starts to cry out to her,she herself comes out and embraces the child.O Lord

Hare, the jIva, bound in samsaara is always in darkness about You, but if the jiva places trust in the guru and scriptures taught by the guru and calls to You, You will definitely come to them. The Mahabharatha and Srimad Bhagavatha contain ample examples of Your abiding grace. O hare, come now and remove my papas , remove my misery so that I may also call out to You and seek Your grace.kaaniso ninna mahime purandaravittalaO purandara vittala, come, Show me Your mahime. I am surrendering unto You. You are sharanagatavatsala, so bestow Your grace on me. Only if You show, one can see, not even Siri,Virinchi or anyone else can know anything about You without Your grace.siriviriMchiyaadigalu ariyadaMta mahimearitu paaDalu jagadi aruharyaaraiyyaaraviMda dala nayana sharanendavara kaavakarUNaa saagara namma puraMdara vittala“ None knows Your mahime. Who is there in all the worlds who can be qualified

to know Your mahime fully and sing Your glory. You are observing with Your lotus eyes, never attached and always looking out for the surrender of Your devotee! You don’t expect anything more that a trusting surrender. Such is the abundant grace flowing from You ’ O Purandara vittala’.anuvige anuvaagi ghanakke ghanavaagigunatraya tatvakke meerida doreyaagitrinamodalagi meru pariyanta neenaagigunanidhi purandaravittala ninna mahimeyenike maaduvaryaaro enn appaneThis guna traya tatva that Dasaru is referring to in the ughabhoga is none other than ‘Mahalakshmi’ and she binds the jIvas in the physical forms of anu or mahat as per the Lord’s instructions. But the Lord who is above this tatva, how can He be bound? He exists in the ‘anu’ as anu and He exists in the ghana as ghana. He pervades everywhere and at the same time enters into the tiniest of the tiny particles as well as huge

mountains.Sri Purandara dasaru says ,†You are the treasurehouse of guNas. O father, tell me , who can ever count Your auspicious attributes?â€srI krishnArpaNamastuI am not the doer, Lord Hari is the doerEven so, whatever He makes me do is His worship by His graceR.Parimala

Search. browse and book your hotels and flights through Travel