IndiaDivine.org

Total Honesty, One Day Encounter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You have received this email because you have participated in one of the meetings, workshops or retreats listed on byronevents.net or have expressed an interest in human consciousness, community and social issues. If you have received this email in error or no longer wish to be part of the byronevents.net email list please reply to this email with REMOVE in the subject line.

TOTAL HONESTYOne Day Encounter

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it." - Albert Einstein

Why is it so hard? Total honesty can take one to the unacceptable, to rejection and loss. Most of us will turn back. If however we pass through there will be nothing to hold onto, nothing to keep, nothing to gain; and therefore nothing to fear. And as we know, without fear there is peace. The One Day Encounter is an invitation to allow the natural yet censored processes of the self, confronting its conditioned tendencies, obstructions, distractions and contradictions in the light of its inherent desire for transformation. Do I want to look? Do I dare to look? Do I dare to be vulnerable?

During the day you are invited to interact in pairs and in a circle; and come face to face with aspects of yourself. Nothing is promised to you, nothing is asked of you and nothing is expected of you. Yet in the haze there is an offer on the table.

"The boundary between my physical self and my surroundings seemed to dissolve and my feeling of separation vanished. . . . I felt as if I had suddenly come alive for the first time--as if I were awakening from a long deep sleep into the real world." (Wendy Rose-Neill)"I saw that the universe is not composed of dead matter, but is, on the contrary, a living Presence;" (Richard Maurice Bucke)"I seemed to comprehend the nature of things. Neither time nor space existed on this plane." (Claire Myers Owen)

Saturday, 28 July 20078am - 6pmSerene Earth Sanctuary266 Kennedy's Lane, Myocum NSW 2481(map and directions)

Participation $50 non-refundable but transferable. Concession available.Payment can be made at time of arrival. You will need to bring some vegetarian food to share.Booking is essential as the One Day Encounter is limited to 20 participants.

Ph: 02 6684 4146byronevents

DetailsPLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Within clear and agreed boundaries the One Day Encounter is about awareness and allowing of what is true for you to emerge. It is about allowing verbal and non-verbal expression. It is about uncensored honesty and communication from the heart. During the Day you may experience intense feelings and emotions or you may not, and the Day may challenge you in totally unexpected ways. The invitation is to discover through the apparent paradoxes of our lives a deeper sense of reality, a deeper sense of peace, a deeper sense of kindness.

It is your inner journey and you will need to determine if pursuing a particular thought, image or feeling in awareness is appropriate, feels right or feels helpful. During the Day you are neither asked nor encouraged to explore or investigate any mental states. If you do so it needs to be absolutely your own decision.During the Day koans and other interaction exercises may bring to the surface long forgotten, intensely emotional and disturbing memories or experiences. You may find even witnessing the experiences of other participants intense or upsetting. It is therefore important that you do not suffer from any mental or physical impairment and have not been diagnosed in the past with any disorder, condition or injury, either physical or mental that might make it inadvisable for you to participate. The One Day Encounter has a focus of discovery; through awareness, contemplation and communication. It does not claim any psychotherapeutic status.

The Day has clear boundaries

* Confidentiality; refrain from discussing details of other participants outside the event.* Allow a little space to the other before your sharing. Try not to interrupt without agreement.* Refrain from touching without agreement.* Refrain from smoking and you may not bring illicit drugs to the Venue.* Redirect the expression of strong feelings to harmless discharge.* If moved to offer advice or solutions, you are invited to investigate your own feelings also.* You are invited to experiment with turning your questions into statements. * Talking in the breaks is ok; however you may wish to observe silence.

Schedule

8.00 -8.30 -9.00 - 12.00 - 1.00 - 3.00 - 3.30 - 5.30 -

8.309.0012.00 1.003.003.305.306.00

arrival and registrationmovement and rhythm exercisesmorning meetingpreparing and sharing a light lunch, kitchen cleanupafternoon meetingtea breakevening meetingtea and good bye

To book simply send us an email with your name and contact details. Booking is essential as the One Day Encounter is limited to 20 participants.

The facilitatorContemplations

byronevents.net