IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 18--2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 18/2007 30-08-2007 KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI SPECIAL ISSUE You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai

Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9.

ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai’s Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji Sai is worshipped all over the World, because of the five virtues: superior conduct; superior point of view; perfect wisdom; superior preaching ability; and the power to lead people to the practice of His teaching. In addition, eight other virtues enable Sai to bestow blessings and happiness upon the people; the ability to bring immediate benefits in the world through the practice of His teaching, the ability to judge correctly between good and bad, right or wrong, the ability to lead people to enlightenment by teaching the right way, the ability to lead all people by an equal way, the ability to avoid pride and boasting, the ability to do what He has spoken, the ability to say what He has done, and, thus doing, to fulfill the vows of His compassionate heart. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino

Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: August 1918: BABA offered Hemadri Pant a glass of buttermilk and said, “Drink it all, you won't get such opportunity again. August 1929: Composer of "SAGUNOPASANA" Arati Book, Shri K.A.Bhishma passed away at Mohra in Nagpur District. August 1982: Swami SaiSharananandaji (WamanRao Patel) passed away at Ahmedabad (Aged 93 years). August 1984: Administration of SHIRDI SAMSTHAN handed over to the Board of Trustees by the court and Executive officer appointed for day to day administration. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. APRIL-1995: 06-04-1995 Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of an unknown person and said- “Keep off from those involved in fund raising activity in the name of God”. “I am not against rich people, as good number of my devotees comes with that background. I am against those engaged in performing gimmicks in the name of God. Money and

gimmicks should not be used as mass attraction tools. 07-04-1995 Yesterday, Sai appeared as Hakim (Doctor) busy in grinding and preparing herbal medicines. He said- “Now-a-days Doctors are busy in making money and are not at all bothered about the value of the human lives. Under these circumstances, I have no other option except to come to their rescue myself”. Divine prayer at times becomes a powerful weapon. 09-04-1995 Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of a fakir and said- He organized celebrations of festivals of all faiths to rejuvenate the lives of HIS devotees and to educate them to practice equality. HE also encouraged wrestling competitions to drive home the fact that winning and loosing are a part of the life and to take them on the same plane. Festivities are like elixir to the lives of people. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship Sages say, “Silent prayer is often more effective than loud recital”. The prayer of a pure heart never goes unanswered. Heart-felt prayer steadies one’s nerves, humbles one and clearly shows the next step. Such is the efficacy of prayer or Pooja. When people wanted to worship Sai Baba, He wished to avoid it in the interest of His own people. His happiness was complete in it and did not require offering of Naivedyas etc. The benefits attending such worship were quickly seen and hence a large number of people

from outside Shirdi were drawn to the worship. Individual worship of Sai was first done by K. G. Bhishma, a good kirtandar, drew up the ritual for Sai Baba’s worship and he brought out a set of Aartis. They were on the same lines as Pandaripur worship. They were gradually developed on the customary lines of worship in all Sai temples. Sri Sai Baba from the beginning disliked the worship of His body by devotees. But Mahalsapathi began worshipping and could not be resisted. Bapu, a 4 year old son of Chandorkar extended it. Then all began worshipping Him. Baba says – Worship Me always at all times and I shall present you with Brahmatwam. Try to cut of yourself from worldly ties. Have control on Indriyas. That cannot be achieved by fasting. Deny the necessary food to the Indriyas and that is the real Upasana. Drop the desires and you will attain Prasantha Shanti. Worship Me for the control of the Mind. You affiliate your mind to Me without caprice. If you worship Me, I will make you unambitious. One should not worship with a motive. Worship Me with determination. I am the giver of fruits of all your deeds. Those who worship Me with one-pointed devotion shall attain supreme state. Who worships Me with firm mind and has got concentrated mind will attain Supreme State. To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. On Wednesday (16-8-1918) evening Baba's body was taken in procession and brought to the Wada and was interred there with due formalities in the garbha, i.e., the central portion reserved for Murlidhar. In fact Baba became the Murlidhar and the Wada became a temple and a holy shrine, where so many devotees went and are going now to find rest and peace. Sai Satcharita-Chapters XLIII & XLIV Krishna Janmashtami Krishnaya Vasudevaya Devaki Nanda Nayacha Nandagopa Kumaraya Sri Govindaya Namo Namaha Krishna Janmashtami , also known as "Krishnashtami", "Gokulashtami", "Srikrishna Jayanti", "Sree Jayanthi" or sometimes merely as "Janmashtami", is a Hindu festival celebrating the birth of Krishna, the eighth avatar (incarnation) of Vishnu. Krishna Janmashtami is observed on the eighth day of the dark half (Krishna Paksha) of the month of Bhadrapada in the Hindu calendar, when the Rohini Nakshatram is ascendent. The Hindu calendar being

lunar, these two events [the day being the eighth of the waning moon (Krishna-paksha Ashtami) and the Rohini Nakshatram being ascendent] may overlap for only a few hours. In such an event, the festival may be celebrated on different (but successive) days by different people, depending on their local or family traditions.The festival falls sometime in the months of August/September of the Gregorian calendar. In 2006, Krishnashtami was celebrated on August 15 or August 16.In 2007, Krishnaashtami will be celebrated on September 4. The pious begin the festival by fasting on the previous day (Saptami, seventh day). This is followed by a night-long vigil commemorating the birth of Krishna at night, and

his immediate removal by his father to a foster-home for safe-keeping. At midnight, the deity of the infant Krishna is bathed, placed in a cradle and worshipped. In the early morning, ladies draw patterns of little children's feet outside the house with rice-flour paste, walking towards the house. This symbolizes the entry of the infant Krishna into his foster-home. This custom is popular in some communities of South India. After ablutions, morning prayers and worship, the devout break their fast with Prasadam, food that has first been offered to God. During the fore-noon hours, the "Dahi-Handi” custom is celebrated in some parts of the deccan. This is followed by sumptuous mid-day feasts, where extended families customarily get together. Sweets made of milk and other dairy products, especially butter, are traditionally prepared on this occasion. The festival is thus celebrated with great joy and communal togetherness by one and all. NEWS www.usakumbhamela.net NORWALK, CALIFORNIA, August 17, 2007: The Kumbha Mela USA this year will be held on Sunday, September 9, in Norwalk, CA, followed by a peace prayer on September 11, continuing in the tradition of the first ever Kumbha Mela in the United States held in 2006. This festival is based on the rich Vedic tradition which heralds in collective positive thinking and celebration to bring about global peace. The Virat Hindu Samaj welcomes all organizations to be a part of this grand celebration. With at least 100 Spiritual Masters and their organizations, ashrams and temples expected to participate in the festivities; the Mela will infuse tremendous positivity to the entire globe and contribute in no small measure to World Peace. ---------------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: subba48 Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:50:25

-0400 Shirdi Sai---Love and care for His devotees IN continuation of my experience vide Glory of Shirdi Sai in News letter. I continue my thrilling experiences. I want to stress all that if we have FULL faith in HIM he will never allow us down. I pray to baba everyday but I have not visited Shirdi. I had a chance to visit but two other old people around 70 years also wanted to come. They were mad of BABA after hearing my experience and they were very eager to see Shirdi since one

gentleman regularly reads Saicharitra daily. Since it is first trip for us and by our programme all should meet at Pune. I started early to Mumbai on personal work had to come back to Pune to meet the two gentlemen from Chennai one of them will board at Arokonam 75kms from Chennai. All tickets I booked i.e., for me to Mumbai for other two one from Chennai other from Arkonam and again for me from Mumbai to pune then for all of us pune to Chennai. Before leaving for booking I prayed before Baba that 1) He should give only confirmed tickets 2) all lower berths only. I prayed rather ordered if not I will cancel my trip.

About 12 days were left for first journey. TO my surprise all forms I gave for reservations are all confirmed and LB (lower berth) only. I wanted to tell one thing While booking I saw only dates and never knew except Monday we reach Shirdi and Friday We should leave Shirdi .But when we reach Shirdi we came to know that it was ASHADA Ekadasi Day. We saw Abisheham and had good darshan .Read Sai charitra every day and completed. Poornima day came we had to leave by 12noon by Volvo A/c bus Tickets were booked in advance. IN my valet I had Bus journey ticket my credit cards and about 300 rupees cash with some more phone

numbers for emergency. It was heavy rush the line was very long .We decided to go via General entrance and wanted to have a darshan even from a distance b4 leaving. The other two men since old they waited outside. I went inside through the crowd. And I felt some taking my valet from my side pant pocket. I was before Baba at that time I thanked him for arranging nice stay and good darshan but Baba somebody is taking my valet here if anything happens I will not happen without your will, This was all for fraction of seconds. By that I could realize that my valet is gone. I told him you punish me but what those two people accompanied me. Their journey tickets and I have to settle Hotel bill with credit card that too taken out. I just came out and told the loss to my friends waiting outside. They were upset and telling Baba will not do harm tome he has taken care to feed when I was down with. So they also not worried but we have to do something, We came to the room and tried to contact the bank toll free number about loss of cardthro my mobile This all happened at about 6.45 to 7am.My friends whatever it is let us go and complain in security and since they both were retired post masters they were telling about how the pickpockets will behave etc. We decided to go again to temple from our hotel room fully confident that Baba will not let us down .Language problem we cannot talk Hindi and mostly they talk Marathi. But to our surprise when I entered security section and before I introduce and tell what has happened the police man gave my valor and before I start telling that my credit card and journey tickets he told in Hindi that credit card and tickets are there. Only cash was missing we all were happy. Only Sai can do this and after that we had a good darshan and back. Sairam Subbiah Sankararaman -------------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. Let's See On Which Side The Camel Sits Once a greengrocer and a potter jointly hired a camel and each

filled one side of the pannier with his goods. The camel as he went along the road took a mouthful every now and then, as he had a chance, from the greengrocer's bag of vegetables. This provoked a laugh from the potter, who thought he had the best of the bargain. But the time came for the camel to sit, and he naturally sat on the heavier side, bearing down on the pots, and also to have his mouth free to operate on the bag of greens. This caused the pots to break in the bag, and then the green grocer had all the laugh to himself. -------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain On 8/12/07 Sai Ram. Let us

continue with the Spiritual Gems from Sri Sai Satcharitra. Sai Ram. SSS: Anna Chinchanikar vs. Mavsibai Hemadpant, now describes another witty incident, in which Baba played a peace-maker's part. There was one devotee by name Damodar Ghanashyama Babare alias Anna Chinchanikar. He was simple, rough and straightforward. He cared for nobody, always spoke plainly and carried all dealings in cash. Though he looked outwardly

harsh and uncompromising, he was good natured and guileless. So Sai Baba loved him. SSG: Sai Ram. Remember the Rohilla, who was apparently very rough, but whose singing of the kalmas from Quran was appreciated by Baba? Baba always looked into our hearts. Sai Ram. SSS: One day, like others serving Baba in their own way, this Anna was, one noon standing prone and was shampooing the left arm of Baba, which rested on the kathada (railing). On the right side, one old widow named Venubai Koujalgi whom

Baba called mother and all others Mavsibai, was serving Baba in her own way. This Mavsibai was an elderly woman of pure heart. She clasped the fingers of both her hands round the trunk of Baba and was at this time kneading Baba's abdomen. She did this so forcibly that Baba's back and abdomen became flat (one) and Baba moved from side to side. SSG: Sai Ram. Baba accepted different sevas offered by various devotees with a pure heart but refused any such seva or service if offered with an impure heart. Sai Ram. SSS: Anna on the other side was steady, but Mavsibai's face moved up and down with her strokes. Once it so happened that her face came very close to Anna's. Being of a witty disposition she remarked - "Oh, this Anna is a lewd (bad) fellow, he wants to kiss me. Even being so old with grey hair he feels no shame in kissing me." These words enraged Anna and he pulled up his sleeves and said - "You say that I am an old bad fellow, am I quite a fool? It is you that have picked up a quarrel and are quarreling with me". All the persons, present there were enjoying this encounter between them. Baba Who loved both of them equally and wanted to pacify them, managed the affair very skillfully. Lovingly He said - "Oh Anna, why are you unnecessarily raising this hue and cry? I do not understand what harm or impropriety is there, when the mother

is kissed?" Hearing these words of Baba, both of them were satisfied and all the persons laughed merrily and enjoyed Baba's wit to their heart's content. SSG: Sai Ram. Though the story appears humorous, it has some great morals. Every woman, except one's wife, is to be looked upon as Mother or Sister (aspect of the Divine Mother) and every Indian woman is thrilled to be addressed as amma (mother). Thus, the intention is important in every word, touch or action. A good act done with a bad intention is bad. The same act done with a pure intention is good. Water by itself is pure but is easily contaminated by dirt and impurities. Similarly mind's thoughts are easily contaminated by selfishness and desire to enjoy sensory pleasures.

Kissing is thus a pure act when done with a good intention. Baba brought forth a great spiritual truth through the above incident. Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy, Author, Editor, Proof-Reader and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews ----- 9.

ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: sudha_vohra Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:10:38 +0530 Sai teri yad mujhe jab aati hai, tab aankh meri bhar aati hai tujhse rishta hai mera sadiyon purana , aansoon ki ladhi samjhati hai sai teri yad...................... jitna mein tere samne rooti hoon, utna hi karib mein tere hooti hoon kaise bandh gaya risha yeh tera mera kisi to sambha nahin pati hoon. sai teri yad...................... aapna bana ke bhool na jana mere sai tujse aaraz mein karti hoon har waqt har pal har gadi tujhe aapne sath mahsoos mein karti hoon sai teri yad................ tera pyar mene paya aab aur nahin kuch pana mein chahti hoon tera bin jina aab mushqil hai sai sabko mein batana chahati hoon. sai teri yad ................... Sudha Vohra -------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: dobbyonearth Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:27:55 -0700 Dear Baba, Dear Glory of Shirdi Sai, Jai Sai Ram, Thank you for being in this world and for your words of Sainath. I appreciate you for sending me the email format. Dobby Sommer -------------------- pramod_xyz On 18 Aug 2007 11:05:19 -0000, SAIRAM REALLY EXCELLENT MEGAZINE, IF POSSIBLE ADD PHOTOGRAPHS OF BABA PRAMOD KU MISHRA ROURKELA --------------- engg_noiida2002 Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:58:48 40500 Well it’s a great one. Really the way you develop the site, really appreciable. Keep it up. Sai raam.. Good step towards Sai... Mohit Gupta --------- Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai” E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT hshankar76 Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:27:09 40500 this is really a great work. Simply Great work. Thank you very much Shankar -------- geekaylic Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:39:48 40500 Namasthe I am very much happy to see this web site. It is very good. I like the messages given here. Thank you. Krishnamurthy. G ----------------- sakshi_mng Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:04:10 40500 Comments: this book is just amazing. It spelled a magic over me when I read it for the first time only. "Sai in Dreams" and "Sai for

Children" article is very nice Sakshi --------- rasadhuni On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:43:21 40500 It is nice to see this book; website is wonderful like grace of Lord Sai, who showers his blessings. Ravi Shankar Kasinadhuni -------------- saisunand Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:32:19 40500 Respected Sir/Mam, I've found the magazine very interesting & found it really worth full. I hope every Sai devotee should look in & our purpose behind it should be completed.

Om Sai Ram. Thanks with regards. Dr. Saisunand ------------ ramana On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:33:12 40500 SaiRam, Very good magazine, I would like to know whether this magazine is available in Telugu Ramana -------------- Response by our team: vijishvanya Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:54:54 -0400 Thank you for your feedback. Currently the eZine is available in English only. Probably if we get good

support we will bring it in Telugu in future. SaiRam Vijay --------- gmmd75a Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:52:45 40500 Comments: it really

looks very nice but I am not able to read it because the letters are black against brown and very small. I will try printing a page and see if I have any better luck. John Stravato -------------- Response by our team: vijishvanya Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:26:26 -0400 Thank you for your comments. We’ll make sure that the next version has better readable text fonts and colors. Sairam Vijay -------------- induwadhwa.82 On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:04:20 40500 JaiSaiRam, Excellent stuff and very user friendly. Really amazing work. Thanks Indu wadhwa ---------------- pavani.dodda On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 02:22:25 40500 SaiRam, thank you so much. Now I am listening to bhajanas every day. Pavani ---------------- You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Ke Sang Mera Jeevan Author: Prof. S. P. Ruhela Diamond Pocket Books, X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II, New Delhi -110 020 ------------- Title: Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Author: Prof. S. P. Ruhela Diamond Pocket Books, X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II, New Delhi -110 020 --------------------- Title: Sai Chintan Author: Sushil Bharati Diamond Pocket Books, X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II, New Delhi -110 020 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of

using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD: SaiRam, Saidarbar – Hyderabad is happy to inform that we have released New Discourse C.Ds 1) SivaSwarupamlo Sai (Sai as Siva) 2) Gruhastulaku Sai Salhalu (Sai’sAdvices to Married couple.) 3) Kalalalo Sai (Sai in Dreams.) On Gurupurnimaday (29-7-2007) rendered by Saibanisa GopalaRao Ravadaji. Those who know Telugu Language and interested in obtaining the above C.Ds in MP3 Format may kindly contact saidarbar In the Service of Lord Sainath and His devotees, SaiSevak SrinivasaRao Kasturi For http://www.saidarbar.org ----------------- Download Saibanisa's Spiritual Discourses (NEW) in Audio from http://www.omsrisai.net/Saibanisa/ You can download Audio: Sri Sai Satcharithra (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra by chapters (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra (In Telugu Language) Sai

Satcharithra by chapters (In Telugu Language) Sri Guru Charithra (In English Language) Sri Guru Charithra by chapters (In English Language) Request Sri Sai Satcharithra CD (English and Telugu Language Available) Saibanisa’s discourses (Telugu) From http://www.saiaudio.com/sairam/index.htm --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: Sai is worshipped all over the World, because of the five virtues: superior conduct; superior point of view; perfect wisdom; superior preaching ability; and the power to lead people to the practice of His teaching. Those who worship Me with one-pointed devotion shall attain supreme state. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar with a copy marked to webmaster We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: Sai Sevak Srinivasa Rao Kasturi. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. ------------

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox.