IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 20-2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 20/2007 27-09-2007 You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU

SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai’s Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji Those who listen to His teachings are free from the delusions and the miseries of life. “People can not be saved by relying on their own wisdom,” He said, “and through faith they must enter into My teaching.” Therefore, one should listen to the Sai’s teachings and put it into practice. Just as the pure and fragrant lotus flower grows out of the mud of a swamp rather than out of clean loam of an upland field, so from the much of worldly passions

spring the pure enlightenment of Saihood. Even the mistaken vies of heretics and delusions of worldly passions may the seeds of Saihood. If a driver is to secure pearls he must descend to the bottom of the sea, braving all dangers of jagged coral and vicious sharks. So man must face the perils of worldly passion if he is to secure the precious pearl of Enlightenment. He must first be lost among the mountainous crags of egoism and selfishness, before there will awaken in him the desire to find a path that will lead him to Enlightenment. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: Bhadrapada 1910: H.H Gajanan Maaraj of Shegaon left his mortal coil. At the same time Shirdi Sai Baba grieved profusely and said " Hallo! My Gajanan is gone". Bhadrapada 1922: Mahalsapathi passed away on 11-09-1922 ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. APRIL-1995: 14-04-1995 Yesterday, I prayed Baba to indicate how I should overcome Arishadvargas. Sai appeared in the form of a Schoolmaster and said that he would tell me one each everyday. The first one being ‘Kama’-desires. The life is like a Banana tree. Desires are like the multiple offshoot plants of the main banana tree. The main trunk cannot grow well unless offshoots are plucked out. The conquest of desires is the first step to reach the goal. 15-04-1995 Sri Sai appeared as a Doctor and said- Do not get angered on the Doctor and throw away the medicines in to the gutter, as you will only be the effected lot. Anger draws one away from the peace and happiness. Therefore remove anger from the life. Control the anger. 16-04-1995 Yesterday, Sai has shown me a miser in the dream. His deeds caused me Lot of laughter even in the dream- An unidentified person is in preparation for his daughter’s marriage. He sets out for shopping and enters a cloth shop. The shopkeeper puts before him the handloom yellow bridal saree and says that it is the cheapest one available. The miser gets a flash in his mind and decides to buy all the clothes of the same variety to be gifted to all the womenfolk on both the parties. Every one attending the marriage had a big fun and laughed to full extent on seeing all the women dressed in the same costumes. A miser will end up as a laughing stock. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship Sri Sai Baba is present in the hearts of everyone and conducting the acts of worldly show. He is Jaganmata and HE is the cause of creation, sustenance and destruction of the

world. The main aim of Sri Sai Baba is to improve and develop the mankind and other beings from the troublesome life of the worldly difficulties and improving their devotion and to impart divine knowledge and salvation to all. Our prayers to Sri Sai Baba are to remove the veil of ignorance and to provide knowledge of Universal Self. In reality we are all Universal Self but we forget this truth and so we pray to Sai Baba to remind us of this truth. The first step in Bhakti is Nama Sankeertana. Nama Sankeertana is like a ladder, a simple and uncomplicated piece of equipment which anybody can climb with ease and in safety. Nama Japa and Sankeertana are the most efficacious recipes for steadying and purifying the mind, for bringing its vagaries under control and purging

it of its evil propensities and concentrating on God. To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures, as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret, and depression. Do not repeat them in the future. AUM stands for the supreme Reality. It is a symbol for what was, what is, And what shall be. AUM represents also What lies beyond past, present, and future? -Mandukya Upanishad For see! The Self is in all beings, And all beings are in the Self. Know you are free, Free of "I," Free of "mine." Be happy. -Ashtavakra Gita 15:6 NEWS www.saharasamay.com MUMBAI,

INDIA, September 15, 2007: Millions of people here are celebrating the Ganapati festival, a 10-day event beginning today that will see groups across the city vying to create the most colorful and attractive marquees. At least 8,000 to 9,000 Ganesha Mandals (a temporary temple build on the sidewalk) have been formed in the city and on the final day of festivities, the Deities of the elephant-headed god will be taken in a large procession for immersion in rivers in keeping with traditional rituals. The local Mandals vying with each other to put up the big Deities are in no mood to deviate from the traditional public celebration of installing 20-30 feet high Deities. ------------ deep_luv Sep 26, 2007 9:10 AM Shirdi Sai Mandir's First Anniversary Celebrations: Sep 27 SHIRDI SAI MANDIR 43671 Trade Center Place, #166, Dulles, VA 20166, Phone: (703)-661-4SAI

(724) It is our pleasure to announce, that we reached the one year mile stone of Shirdi Sai Mandir with our Baba and Datta's grace, blessings and great support from all the devotees. As a double bonus, anniversary happens to be on Baba's birthday and on Thursday (Sep 27 th, 2007). We are celebrating the occasion with SAI SATYA VRATHAM POOJA. It is free for all and please participate in the pooja and get baba's blessings. 7:30 – 9:30 - Bhajans/ Sai Satya Vratham followed by Shej Aarathi and Prasadam. Email: info Website www.shirdisaimandir.org Deep ---------------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: saipadalabandu Fri, August 10, 2007 1:29 pm Sai Padala Bandu Dear Sai Bandus, I am a very strong devotee of Shiridi Sai. He is with me all the time during my life's up and downs. I couldn't have imagined my life without his blessings. Off late, though I start the day with His name, I a kind of easy on praying to Sai by devoting sometime during the day. Recently, I got back to it. As I was thinking that Sai made me come back to him through prayers, I had a dream that night with a Sai Bandu telling me how close should I get to Sai and then seeing Sai closer to me. I then realized why Sai wanted me to get back to my daily prayers. I was very happy in the morning that I am back praying and getting still closer to Sai, my savior. OM NAMO SAINATHAYA NAMAHA. Sai Padala Bandu -------------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN:

http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. The Peacock and the Tortoise Once upon a time a peacock

and a tortoise became great friends. The peacock lived on a tree on the banks of the stream in which the tortoise had his home; and daily the peacock after he had a drink of water danced near the stream and displayed his gay plumage for the amusement of his friend. One unfortunate day, a bird-catcher who was on the prowl caught the peacock and was about taking him away to the market. The unhappy bird begged of his captor to allow him to bid his friend the tortoise good-bye, as it would be the last time he would see him. The bird-catcher allowed him his prayer and took him to the tortoise,

who was greatly moved to see his friend a captive. The tortoise asked the bird-catcher to let the peacock go; but he laughed at the request, saying that was his means of livelihood. The tortoise then said, "If I make you a handsome present, will you let my friend go?Certainly," answered the bird-catcher that is all I want." Whereupon the tortoise dived into the water and in a few seconds came up with a handsome pearl, which, to the great astonishment of the bird-catcher, he handed to him. This was beyond his expectations, and he let the peacock go immediately. A short time after, the

avaricious man came back and told the tortoise that he thought he had not paid enough for the release of his friend, and threatened that, unless a match to that pearl was obtained for him, he would again catch the peacock. The tortoise, who had already advised his friend to betake himself to a distant jungle on being set free, was greatly enraged at the greed of this man. "Well," said the tortoise, "if you insist on having another pearl like it, give it to me and I will fish you out an exact match for it." The stupidity of the bird-catcher prevented his reasoning that "one in the hand was equal to two in the bed of the stream," and he speedily gave the pearl to the wily tortoise, who swam out with it saying, "I am no fool to take one and give two!" and forthwith disappeared,

leaving the bird-catcher to be sorry ever after for his covetousness. -------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain On 9/21/07

Sai Ram. We will now, with His grace, take up Chapter 25 of His Satcharitra. Sai Ram. SSS: Damu Anna Kasar of Ahmednagar - (1) Speculations - (2) Amra-Leela Preliminary We begin this Chapter with a bow with all our eight limbs to Sai Baba, Who is an ocean of mercy, the God incarnate, who is Para-Brahman and the great Yogeshwara (Lord of Yoga). Victory be unto Sai Baba, Who is the crest-jewel of the Saints, who is the home of all auspicious things, who is our Atmaram (Dear Self), and who is the able refuge of the devotees. We prostrate ourselves before Him, Who has attained the aim and end of life. Sai Baba is always full of mercy. What is wanted on our part is whole-hearted devotion to Him. When a devotee has got firm faith and devotion, his wishes are soon fulfilled. When the desire arose in the mind of Hemadpant to write the life and Leelas of Sai Baba, He immediately got it written by him. When the order

'to keep the memos' was given, Hemadpant was inspired and his intellect got strength and boldness to undertake and finish the work. He was not, he say, qualified to write the work, but the gracious blessings of Baba enabled him to complete the undertaking; and thus you have this Satcharita which is a Somakant jewel, from which nectar in the form of Sai Leelas oozes out for the readers to drink to their hearts' content. SSG: Sai Ram. He knows when to inspire whom and get the work done through them. Even when we think we are ready, He only knows when the work is to be carried out. These Spiritual Gems are also coming out of Sai Satcharitra only by His grace. So, let us also now offer our Saashtaanga Pranams (namaskar or prostrations with our eight limbs) to our Sadguru Sai Maharaj.

Sai Ram. SSS: Whenever, a devotee had complete and whole-hearted devotion to Sai Baba, all his calamities and dangers were warded off and his welfare attended to by Baba. The story of Damodar Savalaram Resane, Kasar of Ahmednagar (now of Poona) alias Damu Anna illustrating the above statement, is given below. SSG: Sai Ram. We have seen earlier too many instances of Sai's guidance and mercy for the protection of His devotees. These stories help to strengthen our faith (Sraddha) in our Sadguru. And another

advantage of hearing and reading these stories carefully is that, when we need guidance, He makes us remember the appropriate story and thus gives guidance. He is indeed our Atma Ram (Atmaram if you prefer that spelling). Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy, Author, Editor, Proof-Reader and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews ----- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: rajharshi143 On 9/17/07 JAI SAI RAM JAI SAI RAM JAI SAI RAM MUJHEY SAI BABA SAY MILNA HAI SAI BABA KAY BHAGAT MUJHEY BAHUT ACCHEY LAGTAY HAI SAI BABA KI BHAKTI MAIN MAIN HAMESHA LEEN RAHNA CHAHTI HOOO JAI SAI RAM RAJ. --------- On 13 Aug 2007 08:53:28 -0000 pankaj77k SaiRam, Shri Sai Baba Ji's blessing are always with me. Whenever I am in trouble, I am saying "OM SAI RAM" n Sai Babaji suddenly to make me so comfortable and solve the problem. SAI BABAJI'S MAIN OBJECTS: Always help the poor people in every manner, I will help you. Always love the poor people, I will love u. Whoever is help the others I will always be with him/her n I will help them always. SAIBABAJI KI MUJH PART BAHUT

KRIPA HAI. WOH HAMESH MERE SAATH RAHTE HAI. MAIN JAB BHI KISI MUSIBAT MEIN HOTA HU TO SAI BABAJI MERI HELP KARTE HAI. SAI BABAJI HAMESH APNE BHAKTO KA IMTEHAN LETE HAI. JO INSANT SAID BABAJI KE IMTEHAN MEIN PASS HO JATA HAI, SAI BABAJI USKI HAMESH HELP KARTE HAI. HAMKO HAMESH SAI BABAJI KE BATAYE HUYE MARG PAR HI CHALNA CHAHIYA. UNKE HAR SANKET TO SAMJHNA CHAHIYA. JO INSAN GARIBO KI HELP KARTA HAI (BHUKHO KO KHANA KHILATA HAI, PYASE KO PANI PILATA HAI AUR JISKE TAN PAR KAPDE NAHI HAR USE KAPDE PAHNATA HAI), SAI BABAJI US INSAN KA JIVAN PAAR LAGA DETE HAI. HAMKO APNE KARMO KE HISAB SE HI SUKH OR DUKH MILTE HAI. AGAR HAMARE JIVAN MEIN KUCH BURA HOTA HAI TO HUM LOG

HAMESHA BHAGWAN TO PUCHTE HAI KI HAI BHAGWAN APNE HAMKO DUKH KYO DIYA JABKI HAMNE TO KISI KA BHI JIVAN MEIN BURA NIT CHAHA. LEKIN YEH SAB GALAT HAI. HAMARE JIVAN MEIN JO BHI KASHT AATE HAI, WOH HAMARE KARMO KA HI NATIZA HAI. BHAGWAN KABHI BHI KISI KA BURA NAHI KARTE. WHO TO BAHUT HI DAYALU HAI. KOI INSAN CHAHE TO KITNA BHI BURA KARAM KAR LE AGAR WOH APNI GALTI KI MAPHI BHAGWAN SE MAGTA TO BHAGWAN USE MAAF KAR DETE HAI. SAI BABAJI HAMESH APNE BHAKTO KI MADAD KISI NA

KISI RUP MEIN KARTE HAI. SAIBABAJI NE HI TO IS SANSAR THE NIRMAN KIYA HAI. HAR VASTU MEIN SAIBABAJI HAI. WE SHOULD NOT FORGET THE ABOVE. ALWAYS WORK HARD AND BE HONEST. OM SAI RAM JI. Regards, Pankaj ------ san_shirdi Thu, September 13, 2007 10:13 pm Sai the name when utters on the tongue feels like heavenly thoughts of GOD on earth. Sandeep -------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: sandeep23tickoo On 9/16/07 Om Sai Ram. This site is like a blessing to all the Sai devotees. I logged for the first time and it seems to be the best among the many I have seen before. May god bless you all who have taken effort for making this site. Sandeep tickoo. --------- On 9/14/07. patyludesai Sairam, beautiful we need this

for more virtues in the life I love Sai Baba but in Mexico the life is very hard every day thousands people nor working well thanks any time Sai ram Lourdes patricia novoa ---------- "sudha vohra" sudha_vohra Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:54:57 +0530 Jai Sai Ram Thankful for the effort you are doing for the welfare of sai devotees. Nice to see the new format and matter you are providing for us. I always wait for the mail and whenever I received the mail of `glory of shirdi sai' it’s give me peace of mind and

sometimes matter of this magazine solve my problems. Please don’t stop to publish this magazine in any condition. Thanks Sudha Vohra --------- Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai” E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT vsmuurthi Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:30:43 40500 Dear SaiRam Brother, You doing

wonderful job please keep it up. Thanks & Reg-Muurthi-Muscat ----------- radha.acharya On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 01:52:43 40500 Sai Baba is always with us watching our services to living beings, we can find him any where any time if we have Shradha and Shaburi from our inner heart .e Zine is valuable to share information about feelings of devotee. Om Sai Radha Pd. Acharya ----------- srilekhareddy On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:31:11 40500 SaiRam, your site is really excellent. We could feel that Baba is with us. It gives the impression that we are in

Shirdi. thanks a lot for your support and service. Srilekhavijai --------- ravipartner On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:13:13 40500 SaiRam, very impressive E-magazine “The Glory of Shirdi Sai”. Ravi ---------------- On 9/17/07: ar_visa Dear Editor, First of all let me thank you for sending out this e-magazine. I just finished reading about "Sai Amrit Vani" and Udi falling on Mrs. Gupta's lap. I am stunned by this wonderful experience. What I learn is just pray to HIM whole heartedly, we too can some day experience what Mrs. Gupta expereinced. I was fortunate to go to SHRDI last week during my India trip. Thank you again. Sairam. Visa Arumugham, Dallas, Texas. ---------- jayalakshmiraos On 9/16/07 Om Sai Ram I would like to suggest that Current Shirdi news covering from morning to night with photo graphs of Almighty Sai Baba, narayanaseva photos, clips of devotees in temple premises with a brief news: their Experience

with His Holiness Shirdi Sai Baba. Poetess S.Jayalakshmi Rao -------- Response by Saidarbar Team: vijishvanya On 9/16/07 Sairam, Thanks for your suggestion. If we can get the content (news, clips etc.) and some sponsorship we will be glad to implement your suggestion. Vijay --------- s.olffers On 9/16/07 Sairam, Got happy, I am happy, Got he love, I am Love Thaks for the Bhajan Steve Olffers ----------- shanthacv On 9/16/07 It is too nice ! ------- thota On 9/16/07 SaiRam, it is really Divine Inspiring site and we felt Baba presence with the Discourse of Saibanisaji and also Audio clips on the website. My Heartfelt Gratitude to the Host Jai Sai Ram Ravinder Thota Canada ------------ balu_panch On 9/13/07 Pranam SaiRam the new format in black with white ground helps old people like us to read. we are very happy to read this every week. koti pranams Balasubramanian ------------- You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: Shri Sai Satcharitra Author: Govind Raghunath Dhabolkar a) Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, Shirdi P.O Shirdi Dist.

Ahmednagar Maharashtra. b) Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, Shirdi Sai Niketan,804-B Dr. Ambedkar Road, Dadar,Mumbai - 400 014 ------------- Title: Sree Sai Samartha Satcharita Author: Ms. Zarine Taraporewala Sai Press India Pvt. Ltd, C-40 Okhla Industrial Area Phase – II, New Delhi - 110 020 Email: sspdelhi --------------------- Title: Shri

Sai Satcharita Author: Ms. Indira Kher Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd L-10 Green Park Extn New Delhi - 110 016 Email: ghai ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- 13.

EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: If a driver is to secure pearls he must descend to the bottom of the sea, braving all dangers of jagged coral and vicious sharks. Nama Japa and Sankeertana are the most efficacious recipes for steadying and purifying the mind Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar with a copy marked to webmaster We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will

publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for

your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: Sai Sevak Srinivasa Rao Kasturi. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. ------------

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.