IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 24-2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 24/2007 22-11-2007 You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of

Saibanisaji Sai manifests His body in immense size to cover all the sky and stretches away into the boundless stellar spaces. He also manifests Himself in the infinitesimals of nature, sometimes, in forms, sometimes in energy, some times in aspects of mind, and sometimes in personality. But in some manner or other, He will surely appear to those who recite the name of Sai with faith. People love their egoistic comfort, which is a

love of fame and praise. But fame and praise are like incense that consumes itself and soon disappears. If people chase after honors, public acclaim and leave the way of truth, they are in serious danger and will soon have cause for regret. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: Ashwin/Vadya 13, 1910: SaiBaba pushed His arm in to the brightly burning Dhuni to save a blacksmith's child. Bhagoji Shinde's service of massaging the arm with ghee and bandaging it continued till Baba's Maha Samadhi. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. MAY-1995: 05-05-1995 Sai said in the dream that difficulties are our own creations by irresponsible acts. The root cause is the ‘desire’. Once the desire is kept under control, automatically one is above the reach of difficulties. But difficulties to the physical body are the result of the past misdeeds and hence there is no escape from suffering. Fate and destiny are inescapable identities. 07-05-1995 I was having a nap in the afternoon and had a dream. I was traveling along with my wife and children to Vizag. As the train approached Samarlakot station, my daughter was running fever. I got down in the station and boarded another train to reach Kakinada to get my daughter treated by my sister Dr.Laksmi, practicing there. In the evening at around 5:00 PM, my daughter came down to my house saying that she is suffering from severe Migraine and wanted her to be taken to a known Doctor. Coming events cast their shadows. 21-05-1995 Yesterday, I requested Sai to tell me about the classification between the rich and poor. Sai in the form of an unknown person said- The rich one can hardly impress others by their good deeds. Entire time at his disposal is spent in thinking about how to protect and safeguard the wealth. In that process, they end up committing more and more mistakes and loose a part or whole. Where as a poor man

tries to share what all he has with others. He might suffer mentally, but is richer by heart. Sharing brings in a feeling of joy and a sense of service. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship Arati also means union of the Atma within and Paramatma around. Install light in our hear and be a light to others around us. This is the significance of Arati. When we are sitting for worship or meditation, it is better to have a ‘Chin Mudra’. The secret of this little finger indicates ‘Stula Sareera’; ring finger – Suksham Sareera; middle finger – Karana Sareera; index finger – jivatma and thumb – paramatma. The meaning of stretching the little finger, ring and middle finger is to drive away the Sthula, Sukhsma and Karama Sareera. The union of index and thumb indicates the union of Jivatma and Paramatma. When we do Namaskara to Holy persons or elders, it is not meant to salute their physical body but saluting the Para Brahma who is in their heart. This means the devotee’s Jivatma getting merged with the Paramatma of the Holy person. The joining of both palms of the hands and thus saluting also means the union of Jivatma and Paramatma. If we get merged in worship, we will get rid of ‘Ajnana’ and get merged in Para Brahma. The human life is God’s gift. The discriminative power in man is also a powerful gift of God. So we must make use of it. We must life in inner communion with the Divine Spirit. Our egoism stands between us and God. It hides the equality of God’s vision. Our mission is to know the Divine Self. Our life is an evolutionary dash towards the Supreme Reality. To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. "I am not the body, nor is the body

mine. I am awareness itself.” When you know this, you have no thought For what you have done or left undone. You become one, Perfect and indivisible. -Ashtavakra Gita 11:6 "When a person is sleeping soundly, free from dreams, with a still mind, that is the Self, fearless and deathless. That is Brahman, the supreme." -Chandogya Upanishad NEWS 1. Ohio Hindus Celebrate Diwali www.cleveland.com BRUNSWICK, OHIO, November 12,

2007: Bowls of curry and heaps of rice. Gourds decorated like ducks and watermelon halves dressed up as boats. Mountains of cookies and stacks of flat bread and a gingerbread house with a flashing-light Deity inside. This is how the Swaminarayan Temple celebrates Diwali. "It's the Hindu New Year, the beginning of the year for Hindus throughout the world," said Ashok Patel, addressing hundreds of devotees gathered to celebrate the festival of light. "This is our way of saying thank you. . . . Thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping our plates full." 2.

UK Prime Minister Praise Diwali Festival www.hinduonnet.com LONDON, UK, November 9, 2007: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown described Diwali as "a wonderful inclusive festival" as thousands

of enthusiastic Hindus and Sikhs in Britain celebrated the Indian festival of light last night. In a message telecast on different channels on Friday night, Brown said "I am delighted to send my warmest greetings to everyone in our Hindu and Sikh communities on the auspicious occasion of Diwali." He said "Diwali is such a wonderful inclusive festival, which reaches beyond your communities to people of many backgrounds all over the world. The symbolic lighting of lamps, representing life, hope and new beginnings sends a powerful message of unity and peace to us all. "I know that Diwali is a special time for families, who come together to celebrate and reflect on the year gone by.” "And it also gives me an opportunity to recognize and reflect on the huge contribution made by British Hindu and Sikh

communities to our country's prosperity and our culture. Your involvement in every sphere of our national life is something we can all immensely be proud of," he added. "Once again, my very best wishes for a joyous occasion. Happy Diwali. --------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: On 11/10/07, Ramchand Chugani: rgcjp Rakesh - India Bangalore Written on Monday, 15 October 2007 02:20 Courtest-Ram Chugani Shirdi Sai Baba - Spiritual Experiences Om Sai Ram, I went to Shirdi for the first time way back in 1980 when I was a kid. Still those memories are fresh in my mind. Shirdi was different from what it is today. It was very easy to get Baba’s darshan those days. So we used to visit mandir 4-5 times in a day. Few days ago in Sep.2007 I saw a dream in which I was riding my bike on highway. I stared dragging my bike on road. I was thinking if god is there I want to see him. A fakir appeared from somewhere behind me and asked me to give some bhiksha. I gave some coin to him. Later he turned towards some house on left side of the road I followed him when I went inside that house it was filled with Shirdi Sai Baba’s photos. I moved from one room to another to see some more photos a voice came from behind “Are you Rakesh?" I was shocked and went back to the first room. I said yes I am. There

was a saintly man over there he pulled a photo which was under a garland on Sai baba's photo there. I saw myself in that photo which was of my childhood. Saintly person said he has kept you in his heart since your childhood. I also saw two small girls there. I saw Kodama Raju was written on the main door of the house and dream came to an end. After around 10 days I and my wife planned to go for a trip to Mysore which is around 140 kms from Bangalore by road. We thought of going on my

motorcycle which would be a fun. There is a place known as Sri RangaPatna which is 15kms before Mysore. There is a Sathya Sai Orphanage on the highway. We went there to see Sai mandir over there. I was moved to see Baba's grace over there. Orphanage is famous for Sai miracle. I saw loads of vibhuti formation on Sai Baba photos. Vibhuti (Sacred Ash) also there is continues flow of Nectar from amulets of Sai Baba. It’s a set of rooms converted to mandir.

Mandir is filled with Sai Baba's photos. Small girl from orphanage gave us some nectar in our hands as Prasad. I cannot explain its taste. It was amazing and uplifting. While returning from mysore we again went to orphanage to have a glimpse of mandir. This time some other small girl from orphanage was there to give nectar (amrit) as Prasad. When I reached home in Bangalore I realised the link between my dream and what happened at Sai Baba’s orphanage. I would like to conclude with "Baba loves all and

keeps everyone in his heart." (SHARING WITH LOVE) Ram.Chugani. Kobe, Japan --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. Let's See On Which Side the Camel Sits Once a greengrocer and a potter jointly hired a camel and each filled one side of the pannier with his goods. The camel as he went along the road took a mouthful every now and then, as he had a chance, from the greengrocer's bag of vegetables. This provoked a laugh from the potter, who thought he had the best of the bargain. But the time came for the camel to sit, and he naturally sat on the heavier side, bearing down on the pots, and also to have his mouth free to operate on the bag of greens. This caused the pots to break in the bag, and then the greengrocer had all the laugh to

himself. -------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA . "Swamy" swamymain Sat, November 3, 2007 12:20 pm Sai Ram. Let us continue with the Spiritual Gems from the chapter 25 of Shri Sai Satcharitra. Sai Ram. SSS: Amra-Leela (Mango miracle) Once a parcel of about 300 good mangoes was received at Shirdi. It was sent from Goa by one Mamlatdar named Rale to Sai Baba in the name of Shama. When it was opened, all the mangoes were found to be in a good

condition. They were given in Shama's charge and only four were retained and placed in the kolamba (pot) by Baba. He said that, "These four fruits are for Damu Anna, let them lie there". SSG: Sai Ram. Sai was indicating that He is the giver of the 4 purushardhas (purpose of taking human birth, viz. dharma, ardha (money), kama (desire) and moksha (liberation)) by keeping those 4 mangoes aside for Damu Anna. Sai Ram. SSS: This Damu Anna had three wives. According to his statement mentioned above,

he had not three but two wives only. SSG: Sai Ram. Such minor variations in details are not important. SSS: He had no issue. He consulted many astrologers and himself studied astrology to some extent and found that as there was a 'papi' (inauspicious) planet in his horoscope, there was no prospect of any issue to him in this life. But he had great faith in Baba. When he went to Shirdi, two hours after the receipt of the mango parcel, for worshipping Baba, He said, "Though other people are looking for the mangoes, they are Dammya's. He whose they are, should 'eat and die'." Damu Anna on hearing these words was first

shocked, but on Mhalsapati (a prominent Shirdi Sai’s devotee) explaining to him that death meant the death of the little self or egos, and to have it at Baba's Feet was a blessing, he said that he would accept the fruits and eat them. SSG: Sai Ram. A beautiful explanation given by a Sai devotee inspired by Sai. Sai Ram. SSS: But Baba said to him. "Do not eat yourself, but give them to your junior wife. This Amra-Leela (mango miracle of 4 mangoes) will give her four sons and four daughters. This was done and ultimately in due course it was found Baba's words turned out true and not those of the astrologers. SSG: Sai Ram. Sai showed how the Guru can change the destiny of a disciple. Similar incidents are found in Shri Sai Satcharitra and in Shri Guru Charitra also. Sai Ram. SSS: Baba's speech established its efficacy or greatness while He was living in the flesh, but wonder of wonders! It did the same even after His passing away. Baba said - "Believe Me, though I pass away, My bones in My tomb will give you hope and confidence. Not only Myself but My tomb would be speaking, moving and communicating with those who would surrender themselves whole-heartedly to Me. Do not be anxious that I would be absent

from you. You will hear My bones speaking and discussing your welfare. But remember Me always, believe in Me heart and soul and then you will be most benefited. SSG: Sai Ram. What a beatiful assurance to people like us who did not have the benefit of association with Him when He was in His physical body? Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy, Author, Editor, Proof-Reader and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews ----- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: "sudha vohra" sudha_vohra Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:30:26 +0530 Swikar karo sai mere mera pyar tumhare charno mein jaisi bhi hoon teri hoon main do itna adikar tumhare charno mein bhulun main kaise sai teri kripa jo mere tan man par hui jo na pana tha woh bhi paya hai bara upkar tumhare charno mein tufan mein fansu aab ya par lagun iski nahin hai kuch bhi hosh mujhe jis or bhi tu ab le jaye sai mere saunpi hai dor tumhare charnon mein tera nam main har dum jupti rahon jaise bhi mere haalat ho sai aab maan bhi bhole sai mere dekha na kahbhi inkar tumhare charno mein swikar karo sai mere ............................................................ Sudha -------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: pamidipatiraj 15 Nov 2007 07:17:35 -0000 Dear Sir, Please accept my compliments for the unique job being done by Sai Darbar and its dedicated team in spreading the Glory of Sai. I have a small query, any possibility of getting Sai Satcharitra in MP3 format (read by someone) which can be down loaded. Kindly get back as leisurely. Best Regards & Sai ram Rajkumar (Sai Bhakth) ----------------- Response for "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT sai_ramakoti Nov 15, 2007 2:01 PM SaiRam, Most modern and pleasing. Contents are spiritually elevating. Sai Amritvani is an added welcome feature.Sai blessings to you for your good work. S.Ramakoti -------- pomulki Nov 15, 2007 6:23 AM SaiRam, It's a very beautiful and valuable thing which makes us listen and read Shirdi Baba's prayers with intense devotion. Pratibha mulki ----------- geeta_nkg Nov 8, 2007 11:10 AM SaiRam, This article is v helpful and it gives more and more peace of mind where ever we are. we can ever pray in front of Sri Baba by working in the office by looking lords photo. Thanks to who so ever it concerns. Geeta. -------------- sathyarao88 11/2/07 Sairam The Glory of Shirdi Sai is very nice. Please send us regularly. Sathya ----------- punam_luvjp 10/19/07 SaiRam, Thanks a lot for this e-zine “The Glory of Shirdi Sai”. Really very good work.. Jai Sai Baba. Punam. -------- gnsrks On 10/18/07 Sairam, Please keep it up with the wonders. Really it is amazing Ganesh Shanbhag ------------- amitanandgidhwani7 On 10/18/07 SaiRam, I love this story plz send more Amit. ------------------ You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: The God and the Apostle Author: Prof. C. R. Narayanan All India Sai Samaj Mylapore Chennai - 600 004. ------------- Title: The Greatness of Sri Sai Baba of Shirdi Author: Prof. C. R. Narayanan All India Sai Samaj Mylapore Chennai - 600 004. --------------------- Title: A century of Poems on Sri Sai Baba of Shirdi Author: Prof. C. R. Narayanan All India Sai Samaj Mylapore Chennai - 600 004. ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- 13. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: Difficulties are our own creations by irresponsible acts. Our egoism stands between us and God. It

hides the equality of God’s vision. Our mission is to know the Divine Self. Our life is an evolutionary dash towards the Supreme Reality. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar with a copy marked to webmaster We shall put in our best efforts to include them

in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: Sai Sevak Srinivasa Rao Kasturi. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. -------------

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox.