IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 26-2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 26/2007 20-12-2007 SAIDARBAR BIRTHDAY SPECIAL ISSUE “SAIDARBAR” ENTERING IN TO TENTH YEAR “THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI” ENTERING IN TO SIXTH YEAR You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi

Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1.

FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. TELUGU SECTION 11. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 12. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- GENISIS OF SAIDARBAR: Pranams to Saibandhus from Sai Sevak SrinivasaRao Kasturi. Saidarbar completes Nine years and enters the tenth year. We sincerely believe that this milestone is achieved firstly due to the Grace of our beloved Guru Sri Shirdi Sainath and secondly due to the excellent cooperation and support rendered by our Sai brethren. Infact Saidarbar is dream project of SaibanisaGopalaRao Ravada who has dedicated his total available time and untiring efforts for this cause, by putting his mind and soul into it. He is affectionately addressed as SAIBANISA. Lord Sainath appeared in

the dream of Saibanisa on 24-12-1998 and instructed him to distribute the SPIRITUAL CAKE TO THE WORLD. Saibanisa was perplexed with the guideline and was not able to conclude anything from the message. A close associate Sri.Srinivas Katta then gave out his opinion that, perhaps Baba wanted him to spread SAI PHILOSOPHY across the world through the media of INTERNET. Thus Saidarbar was born on 25-12-1998 and has grown to the present position where it is acclaimed as AT HOME by many of its cross section of Readership. Internet was just making its entry into

Andhra Pradesh, India. Saibanisa at that time neither knew typing nor had the basic computer knowledge. He put his entire burden on Baba and started with a web site and brought it today’s position. Every one working for Saidarbar is very much aware that all this not possible without blessings and Grace of Baba. There were many obstacles and tough times faced by us and I am grateful to Saibanisa for the full backing and unstinted support provided in our day-to-day work. His directions are very valuable and made work pleasurable by his wit and humor. I take this as an opportune time to rededicate my services to the Lotus feet of Lord Sainath. Lastly I pray to Baba to shower HIS blessings on all HIS devotees and look forward for Saidarbar to celebrate many more anniversaries in the future to come under the able guidance of SAIBANISA. I hereby acknowledge gratefully all those responsible for the success story of Saidarbar. SaiRam. SaiSevak SrinivasaRao Kasturi ------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the

words of Saibanisaji Human beings tend to move in the direction of their thoughts. If they harbour greedy thoughts, they become more greedy; if they think of angry thoughts, they become more angry; if they hold foolish thoughts, their feet move in that direction. There is profit and loss, slander and honour, praise and abuse, suffering and pleasure in this world; the Enlightened One is not controlled by these external things; they will cease as quickly as they come.” Those who seek Enlightenment must always bear in mind the necessity to keep their body, speech and mind pure. To keep the body pure one must not steal or commit adultery. To keep speech pure one must not lie, or abuse, or deceive, or indulge in idle talk. To keep the mind pure one must remove greed, anger and false judgement. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: 25th December, 1910: Lala Lakshmichand of Santacruz came to Shirdi. December, 1911: Kashinath Upasani composed the famous”Shri Sainath Mahima Sthostra" in Sanskrit. December, 1911: Bubonic plague raged at Shirdi. (Lasted up to March 15 next year). 5th December, 1911: Dadasaheb Khaparde of Amraoti arrived at Shirdi again with family and stayed there for three months in Shirdi. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. JUNE-1995: 01-06-1995 With folded hands I prayed lord Sainath to tell me how I should conduct with my friends from the past life. Sai has shown in the form of visuals- The sight of the description was the Golkonda fort, a symbol of the erstwhile rulers of the historic Hyderabad state. All were listening attentively extending their imaginations, as the guide was describing the tourists about the past luxuries of the rulers. Towards the

end of the day, upon sunset, there was nobody was found there even to light a lamp. All the tourists went back home with a heavy heart. It was an old tape recorder. New and latest songs were recorded and replayed with lot of enthusiasm. The drive motor moved slowly with drag even as the new songs were heard as if they were recorded long time ago. I switched off the tape recorder unable to hear further. Old friends and bygone days are like memories of the past glory. They are like the old tape recorder not suitable for the present. It may be wiser to

recollect the good of the past but may not prove to be useful for the present. 02-06-1995 I prayed Baba to tell me something about HIS Samadhi in Shirdi. I was shown a visual with a lady making bricks from clay with inscription ‘Faith’ and distributing them to the children. She died in the same place, but her children are continuing to build their future and homes with the same faith in Shirdi. Faith is the building block in any relation. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship When we worship, keeping a name and form, we should be under the belief that it is the Paramatma Himself, whom we are worshipping. God is only one but forms are many. They are always together. They are inseparable. In fact they are one and the same. We do Puja externally first, but gradually as wisdom dawns we begin to do Manasa Puja. Internal worship is more important than external worship. Depending upon the stage of development of individual, these things come naturally. Sri B. V. Narasimha Swamiji says ‘Yajnanam Japa Yajno Asmi’ – that of all Yagnas, ‘I am the Yagna consisting of Japa’. Japa is Sankeertana. When the name is uttered, the Guna and Karma flow immediately into the mind of the Japa Karta by the Law of Association of ideas. That is why people are content to begin with repetition of Holy Name. But gradually repetition goes on the sacred influence pours in. A prayer before Sai Baba is made in three main forms. They are: First, the ‘Silent Prayer’ where the devotee without following any ritual, carries on recitation of Divine Name or Mantras in his heart. Devotees reciting the Mantra – Om Sai, Sri Sai, Jaya Jaya Sai, silently in their minds

(anytime and every time) are silent worshippers in the true sense of the word. Second, - Oral Prayer – when the devotee, singing regularly or collectively in temples or at homes, sings Bhajans or Slokas following certain traditional procedure. Third – Spiritual Prayer – Prayers rendered with greater Divine Love is Spiritual Prayer. Baba has not prescribed hard and fast rule for His devotees to pray Him. Prayer is the key of the day and lock of the night. If the devotees start their day with remembrance of Sri Sai Baba, contemplate on Him after getting up from the bed, it could yield much better results. To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. My mind fell like a hailstone into the vast expanse of Brahman's ocean. Touching one drop of it. I melted away and became one with Brahman. This is wonderful indeed! Here is the ocean of Brahman, full of endless joy.---Sankara In the world people think they can attain glory by having cows and

horses, elephants and gold, family and servants, fields and mansions. But I do not call that glory, for here one thing depends on another. Utterly independent is the Infinite. -Chandogya Upanishad NEWS www.dailyherald.com CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, December 2, 2007: The Chinmaya Mission Chicago unveiled its newest center, Yamunotri, this weekend. Located on seven acres at 30877 N. Fairfield Road in unincorporated Lake County. Yamunotri is a spiritual organization dedicated to bringing maximum happiness to maximum people for the maximum time, said Yamunotri member Deepak Mansukhani. The new religious school and shrine, which is named after one of the four sacred places in India, will serve more than 200 suburban families. Yamunotri is the second center in

Illinois, with the other in Hinsdale. "Having this place is like having our own home," Padmaja Sanaka said, echoing the sentiments of many Hindus Sunday. "We can have functions where whenever we want. And I can keep my children attached to the Hindu culture." www.spiegel.de BERLIN, GERMANY, November 2, 2007: Among the many diverse religious groups in the German capital Berlin are around 6,000 Hindus. Berlin's Hindus have had no central place of worship--until now. Construction works starts Sunday on Berlin's first Hindu temple with a religious ritual and ceremonial ground-breaking. The temple is being built in a park in Berlin's Neukollin district. Local authorities are allowing the Hindu community to use a corner of the park rent-free until 2080. The temple is being built by the Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple

Committee and will be dedicated to the Hindu God Ganesha. The construction, which will cost US$1, 2 million to build and is financed entirely by donations, will have a 17-meter high ornamental tower decorated with sculptures. Stone masons are coming from India to carry out the work. --------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: mystic_saurabh Jai Sai Ram Dear Sai family, I would like to share my happiness with all Sai devotees. I have been waiting for my Australian permanent residency (PR) approval to come since May 07. I have fulfilled the points requirements and sorted all the documents due to Baba's grace (long story). Due to some recent financial problems in my life, I have

been completely frustrated. I was stuck into my current job since past three years. A year ago I had received a job offer for a similar role but higher pay and it was a huge decision for me so I had asked Baba through chits - Baba said "no" to it and I couldn't understand why; so I did what Baba said and stuck to that job until now. Then after applying for my PR, I didn't ask Baba again about changing jobs as I thought that I might as well stick to this job now until I get my PR approval. On 21st November 07, our employers told us that our company (in Sydney) is bought out by another company in Melbourne, we would get a redundancy compensation

package and we can either join the other company in Melbourne or just find a new job. If I would have quit this job sometime ago then I would have never received a redundancy compensation; thus I was a bit happy, but there was still one problem that my PR had not been approved yet so I cannot go to India for vacations, nor can I apply for good jobs as a resident has better job opportunities. Next day, 22nd November 07 (Thursday) I emailed an officer from the immigration department to check about the status of my application. That officer called me back in the afternoon and told me that PR had already been granted to me on the 8th of November (Thursday) and an email was also sent to me (but I never received it). I straight away went home from office to get my passport and to take it to the immigration office, which

is right next to my office building. When I reached home I found a letter from my bank to say that they can increase my credit card limit if I want (lol). I got the immigration office to stick the PR label the same day and I was over joyed because everything was happening on a Thursday; I had been praying to Baba since a long time that it would be okay if he gives me an approval a bit late, but let the news only come on a Thursday - and it happened. After that I went to the Sai temple, as usual for a Thursday, and I just couldn't thank him enough for always taking care of me like a mother. I know that I am talking only about the material blessing that Baba has given me but I feel very spiritually secured as well when such things happen. I cannot explain. My father wants to see me all settled (financially) - :o) as he is a businessman :o) ; my mother rang me and told me that after dad came to know about the news of my PR approval he has booked the same night bus ticket for Mumbai to Shirdi. My younger brother had also recently been to Shirdi on his own accord. Whatever reason makes us go to Shirdi makes me happy. I just thought of sharing my happiness with you all. May Baba bless everyone. Saurabh. --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. Right and Might While a deer was eating wild fruit, he heard an owl call, "Haak, haak", and a cricket cry, "Wat", and, frightened, he fled. In his flight he ran through the trees up into the mountains and into streams. In one of the streams the deer stepped upon a small fish and crushed it almost to death. Then the fish complained to the

court, and the deer, owl, cricket, and fish had a lawsuit. In the trial came out this evidence: As the deer fled, he ran into some dry grass, and the seed fell into the eye of a wild chicken, and the pain of the seed in the eye of the chicken caused it to fly up against a nest of red ants. Alarmed, the red ants flew out to do battle, and in their haste, bit a mongoose. The mongoose ran into a vine of wild fruit and shook several pieces of it on the head of a hermit who sat thinking under a tree. "Why did you, O fruit, fall on my head?" cried the hermit. The fruit answered: "We did not wish to fall; a mongoose ran against our vine and threw us down." And the hermit asked, "O mongoose, why did

you throw the fruit?" The mongoose answered: "I did not wish to throw down the fruit, but the red ants bit me, and I ran against the vine." The hermit asked, "O ants, why did you bite the mongoose?" The red ants replied: "The hen flew against our nest and angered us." The hermit asked: "O hen, why did you fly against the red ants' nest?" And the hen replied: "The seed fell into my eyes and hurt me." And the hermit asked, "O seed, why did you fall into the hen's eyes?" And the seed replied: "The deer shook me down." The hermit said unto the deer, "O

deer, why did you shake down the seed?" The deer answered: "I did not wish to do it, but the owl called, frightening me, and I ran.O owl," asked the hermit, "why did you frighten the deer?" The owl replied: "I called, but as I am accustomed to call - the cricket, too, called." Having heard the evidence, the judge said, "The cricket must replace the crushed parts of the fish and make it well," as he, the cricket, had called and frightened the deer. The cricket WAS smaller and weaker than the owl or the deer, therefore had to bear the penalty. -------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Dec 4, 2007 11:28 AM Spiritual Gems from Sri Sai Satcharitra - chapter 26 Shri Sai Satcharitra Chapter XXVI Stories of (1) Bhakata Pant (2) Harishchandra Pitale and (3) Gopal Ambadekar. Preliminary All the things that we see in the universe are nothing but a play of Maya -- the creative power of the Lord. These things

do not really exist. SSG: Sai Ram. The observer and the observed - both are part of the same creation. Thus they exist in respect to each other but since all things created have a definite life span (however small or large it may, it is still finite), they can be considered to be unreal. This is in accordance with the advaitic vedanta. Sai Ram. SSS: What really exists is the Real Absolute. Just as we mistake a rope of a garland or a stick for a serpent on account of darkness, we always see the phenomena, i.e. things as they outwardly appear, and not the Noumenon which underlies all the visible

things. It is only the Sad-guru that opens the eyes of our understanding and enables us to see things in their true light and not as they appear. Let us, therefore, worship the Sad-guru and pray to him to give us the true vision, which is nothing but God-vision. SSG: Sai Ram. Siva, the destroyer is also called the Absolute and is portrayed with Three Eyes, the Third Eye being closed normally and when it is opened, it burns down every thing. Thus when our true vision is opened by Guru's grace, we stop getting deluded by Maya and see the things as impermanent (that is their real nature is revealed). Science also tells us that all matter is made of some simple sub-atomic particles and they in turn are made of energy. Thus science and spirituality are converging. Sai Ram. SSS: Inner Worship Hemadpant has given us a novel form of worship. Let us, he says, use hot water in the form of tears of joy to wash the Sad-guru's feet, let us besmear His body with sandal-paste of pure love, let us cover His body with the cloth of true faith, let us offer eight lotuses in the form of our eight Sattwik emotions and fruit in the form of our concentrated mind; let us apply to His head bukka (black-powder) in the form of devotion and tie the waistband of Bhakti and place our head on his toes. After

decorating the Sad-guru with all jewelry in this way, let us offer our all to Him and wave chamar of devotion to ward off heat. After such blissful worship, let us pray thus: - "Introvert our mind, turn it inward, give us discrimination between the Unreal and the Real and non-attachment for all worldly things and thus enable us to get Self-realisation. We surrender ourselves, body and soul (body-consciousness and ego). Make our eyes Yours, so that we should never feel pleasure and pain. Control our body and mind as You will and wish. Let our mind get rest in Your Feet". SSG: Sai Ram. This should be the only aim of all spiritual practices, viz. to attain a state of detachment and true balance so that we become immune to pleasure and pain. In Gita also, Sri Krishna tells Arjuna the qualities of a Sthita Prajna (a man of steady intellect), who is unaffected by the sensory inputs. Sai

Ram. S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews www.freewebs.com/svswamy ----- 9. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: Badri Narasimhan: badri.narasimhan On Dec 12, 2007 12:57 AM Jai Sai Ram HAPPY BIRTHDAY! SaiDarbarUSA families congratulates and pray our Almighty God Shri Sai to continue to shower His Blessings

on SaiDarbar, Hyderabad which enters its tenth year from its inception and to the team of "The Glory of Shirdi Sai"-e-magazine published by Saidarbar, entering Sixth year of its publication on 1st January 2008. Best Regards Sai Sevaks SaiDarbarUSA ---------- rdrala Dec 12, 2007 2:48 PM OmSaiRam.. I sincerely appreciate for the efforts and service to the saayi group. Saidarbar motivating well for following the SaiBaba path by speeches. JaiSaiRam. Thank You. Raghu. ----------------- Response for "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT shrutisharma.dps On Dec 6, 2007 9:29 PM Om Sai Raam I hope very soon I can contribute something. Shruti Sharma ---------- suresh_arora On Dec 6, 2007 10:57 PM SaiRam, I like this & read, it gives us peace & power Suresh Arora --------- sai347 On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 PM Jai Sai Nath, This is the first time I am looking at this website. Please keep up. Millions millions thanks. Jenny. ------ ajs.renu On Dec 5, 2007 4:15 AM SaiRam, It is very interesting and

useful. While reading gives shanti and peace to me. Mrs.Renuka mahadevan. ------- manishmlk Nov 30, 2007 2:35 AM SaiRam, I am a devotee of SAI BABA for the last 11-12 years Visiting twice to Shirdi in an year. I would also like to join your community. Manish Malik ------- renthebest79 On Nov 30, 2007 3:44 AM Om Sai Ram to all my online brothers and sisters. I am so happy that I can am able to receive so much of inspiration and knowledge through reading my mail messages on Baba. Swami I dedicate myself and my family and all my brothers and sisters to you. may baba bless us all. Regards Renuka ----- anusoma20 On Nov 29, 2007 3:32 AM Sai Ram, I am happy to inform that by Baba’s grace I had got a job which I had been waiting for a while. Every week I used to read your articles which used to give me inspiration & hope that I will get a job by Baba’s grace. I always prayed Baba that you are the whole care taker of our lives & you will surely present us what is best. We are very thankful for your

work. Well organized and each and every article is interesting & inspiring to read. Thanks Sai Ram, Anuradha Soma -------- t_rammohan2002 On Nov 29, 2007 9:14 AM SaiRam, Excellent effort! While listening to E- Zine audio breaks are observed in audio. It could be due to process of loading the audio at my end! Thank u, T Rama Mohan

Rao. ------------------ You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 10. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 11. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: Sri Shirdi Sai Baba - The Universal Master Author: Dr. S. P. Ruhela Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37, Faridabad - 121 003 ------------- Title: Divine Grace of Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Author: Dr. S. P. Ruhela Diamond Pocket Books, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37, Faridabad - 121 003 --------------------- Title: Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Avatar Author: Dr. S. P. Ruhela Sai Age Publications, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37, Faridabad - 121 003 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of

using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- 12. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: In the world people think they can attain glory by having cows and horses, elephants and gold, family and servants, fields and mansions. But I do not call that glory, for here one thing depends on another. Utterly independent is the Infinite. Those who seek Enlightenment must always bear in mind the necessity to keep their body, speech and mind pure. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. -------------

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.