IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 02-2008 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 02/ 2008 17-01-2008 Saidarbar Wishes you all A Very Happy Pongal. The Glory of Shirdi Sai enters

Sixth year from 01-01-2008. You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar - Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji Neither dwell in the past nor dream about the future instead focus the mind on the present passing moment. We should

associate ourselves with those who are sympathetic, helpful, and capable of passing on good advice in the hour of need. They should also be willing to share our happiness and sufferings Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued….. --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: January 1919: Nana Saheb Nimonkar (Shankarrao Raghunath Deshpande an elderly cousin of Shyama) passed away at Pune. January 20, 1941 : Damu Anna (Damodar Savalaram Rasane) of Ahmednagar passed away (aged 89 years). January 1, 1946: Sri B.V.Deo passed away (Composer of Chapter 53rd of Shri Sai Satcharitra in Marathi language). January 14, 1980: H.H.Radhakrishna Swamiji passed away at Bangalore. (Aged 74 years). January 1991: Size of "Shri Sai Leela Magazine" enlarged and converted in to a Bi-monthly magazine. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. JULY-1995: 06-07-1995 Yesterday was the day of Gurupurnima . I prayed Baba to describe its significance. Baba appeared as a Buddhist monk and said- On this day, worship Guru and introduce Guru to the like- minded people and collectively worship him. Do not feel hurt even if some one not having belief in the institution of Guru insults ignorantly the whole process. Do not criticize other faiths and pay no heed to others engaged in passing loose comments on others beliefs. Traditionally, Guru is on the highest pedestal of life. 07-07-1995 Yesterday before going to bed, I prayed Baba to show me a way in order to keep me away from those who caused me agony. Sri Sai said in the form of visuals- One experiences unpleasantness when materialistic benefits are aspired from others and desires are left unfulfilled. Eliminate the root cause by

eliminating wants and resorting to self-dependence. It is a common site to see people and livestock migrating to riverbeds when ponds in their villages go dry. Better to take recourse in Sai for experiencing the cool comfort even in the midst of summer. Wants and desires are never ending and boundless. 10-07-1995 Yesterday, I prayed Baba to tell me something about the human bondages. Baba

Said in the form of visual- Bonds of love are not limited only to wife and children. Many incidents in life take place due to past links coming across in some form or other. We befriend only with a few in a train travel, we might engage mingling freely with only a few from the big lot in our work atmosphere. All these things happen due to some invisible bonds happening behind the curtain. Move friendly with all people and even animals. Every encounter has a hidden agenda unknown to us. To be continued------------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship Baba says: Pray God always to relieve you from the sleep of ignorance into dawn of wisdom. Baba says: Worship Me at all times, and I shall present you Brahmatwam. Try to cut off yourselves from worldly ties. Have total control on Indriyas, when you worship Me. If we worship Baba with determination, He is the giver of fruits

of all deeds i.e., Sarva Karma Phala Data. We must know that Baba is beyond old age and death. Those who worship Sai Baba with single pointed devotion shall attain Parabhrama Stithi. Those who are devoted to Baba with pure heart, they will merge in Sai Baba after their death. Without concentration, if we do Pooja or Archana, or bhajan, it is useless. Those who worship Baba with firm mind with concentration attain Supreme State. If we worship with faith, we will see Jnana-jyothi. Jnana-jyothi

comes only thru Samadhi Nistha and not otherwise. Those who concentrate their mind on Baba in Pooja will get Supreme State. We must have intense faith and stabilize it. Worship Baba with intense devotion and faith, then all our desires will be fulfilled. To be continued. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. By standing on his own, A man finds happiness. By standing on his own, A man finds freedom. By standing on

his own, He goes beyond the world. By standing on his own, He finds the end of the way. -Ashtavakra Gita 18:50 When you live without discrimination, Desire arises. When desire persists, Feelings of preference arise, Of liking and disliking. They are the root and branches of the world. -Ashtavakra Gita 16:7 NEWS technical Jan 14, 2008 8:30 AM Jai Sai Ram The members of SaiDarbar USA were very fortunate to hear from Sri Saibanisa- Gopal Rao Ravadaji on 12th Jan 2008. Saibanisaji spoke about Gruhastha Dharma within Sanatana Dharma and related this to the teachings of Sri Shirdi Sai Baba. He spoke in detail about the Brahmcharyam, Gruhastha, Vanaprastha and Sanyasa Ashrams and mentioned the responsibilities of husband and

wife in each and every step of life. Saibanisaji also gave several references from the Shri Sai Satcharitam in relation to these topics. The speech was heard by about 20 members and on behalf of SaiDarbarUSA members we would like to thank Saibanisaji for his valuable time for enlightening us on the values of life. This bi-weekly Satsang was very special and all of the members celebrated the festival of Sankranti/Pongal together. technical Sai Sevak Sri Vijay Aggarwal Visit to Saidarbar Hyderabad. On 10-01-2008, Thursday, Saisevak Sri Vijay Agarwal from USA visited Saidarbar. Sri Vijay Agarwal is the brain behind the very famous 3D Format of Our Bi-weekly magazine-The Glory of Shirdi Sai. Saibanisaji welcomed Sri Agarwal and briefly explained the activities of Saidarbar Saibanisaji honored the guest with Shawl and Saisevak Srinivasa Rao Kasturi presented a Bouquet to mark the occasion. Sri Agarwal has shown keen interest in knowing the process of the magazine finding way to reach thousands of devotees across the Globe. He felt very happy and expressed that it as his fortune to be associated with Saidarbar movement Smt. MadhuGopal Ravada and Saibanisa GopalaRao Ravada extended Baba’s blessings to Sri Agrwal and family. --------------- www.hinduonnet.com SABARIMALA, INDIA, December 31, 2007: The Lord Ayyappa temple was opened for the Makaravilakku festival on Sunday evening, marking the second phase of the two-month-long pilgrimage season to the hill shrine. Makara Jyothi, the most auspicious occasion of the festival when pilgrims sight a divine light at Ponnambalamedu, the distant hills opposite the temple, falls on January 14. Devaswom Minister G. Sudhakaran held a review meeting with concerned officials at Pampa to evaluate the

facilities being extended to Ayyappa devotees with tens of millions of them expected to throng the temple in the coming 15 days and create an action plan. --------------------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: palls.prakash Thu, December 27, 2007 11:14 pm I would like to share a few experiences that Baba has blessed me in life. I was a student of Architecture and used to stay in the hostel during my years of study. Many a times I used to fall ill as I did not take proper food. Once I had fallen severely ill with weakness. This had prolonged for almost a weeks time and it had started to affect my studies, work and peace of mind. One day I was so tired of being sick that the whole day I kept complaining to God that He has not given me good food and I was tired of being in the hostel. That day I went with a friend of mine for dinner. Suddenly he told me that he would take me to a new restaurant where I could get some homely food. So I went along with

him. It was a very small restaurant with chairs kept outside. Also there were not many people. We sat down and my friend ordered for the usual rich food. I was craving for some home food. So I slowly asked if I could just get some simple meal. The waiter smiled and said yes. He brought an empty thali for me. My friends food had arrived. I waited for my simple food. Usually in a thali meal the food is brought on the plate and we can ask for more when we finish. Just imagine my surprise when the waiter brought a casserole full of rice and bowls full of hot Sambhar and vegetables and placed them in front of me. I was so surprised at this treatment when the waiter just said, "Eat as much as you want"!!! I was too shocked and just thought of how I was blaming God for not giving me proper food to eat earlier in the day. I thanked Baba and

had a good meal. After meals my friend and I used to visit a shop near my hostel where we used to but fresh fruits. The shopkeeper was an old man who used to keep account of each and every penny. U could never bargain with him. As usual we went to the fruit shop after the lovely meal Baba had given. That day there were some rose apples in the shop. I have my drink of tender coconut water and casually asked the shop keeper how much the rose apples cost. He told me the price which I thought was too much so I declined the offer. This was when Baba gave me another surprise. When I told the shopkeeper that I did not want the fruit, he simply smiled at me and placed two rose apples in my hands and said, "Take them, they are for you, You don’t have to pay." I was too shocked for words because this shopkeeper had never given anybody

anything for free. I was very stunned. I accepted to fruits with a smile and narrated the incidents to my friends. This was one of the many incidents that made me realize that Baba was there for me and is there for everyone of us. He loves us and we should never give up faith in him. OM SHREE SAINATHAYA NAMAH Pallavi prakash --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. THE DONKEY AND THE TIGER: A Washer man, named Vilas, lived in the old city of Hastinapur. He was a mean and cunning person and had a donkey for carrying the huge loads of clothes to and from the washing ghats. The poor donkey was given nothing to eat and barely survived on the scraps found on the roads. Vilas realized that this could not

continue for long as the donkey would die of hunger and malnutrition. He started thinking of ways and means to feed the animal without spending any money. In the end he hit on a plan which was the ' if he covered the animal with a tiger skin in the night, people would take it to be a real tiger and be afraid of it. The donkey could then enter the fields with standing crops and have its fill of cereals'. It happened exactly in the manner he had planned. Every night he would camouflage the donkey with a tiger's skin and release it from its tether. The donkey would enter the nearby corn field and have its fill of the choicest ones. The farmers thinking it to be a tiger ran away out of fear leaving the donkey undisturbed. This continued for quite some time until the farmers were fed up this recurring loss. They then laid traps and called hunters to kill the disguised animal. One of the hunters hid himself in the cornfield by covering himself with a mud-streaked cloth. However the shape of his silhoute made him appear like another donkey to the animal. Pleased to see one of his tribe the donkey started braying aloud' Hee-haw, Hee-haw' brayed the donkey thus giving himself away. The hunters hidden in other fields all stood up with surprise and

shot arrows at the donkey covered with tiger skin. Soon the animal lay dead and when the tiger skin was removed the farmers came to know of the trick Vilas, the washer man, had played, as they all knew it to be his donkey. They caught hold of him too and beat him black and blue. It was only after he agreed to pay them for their damages that they let him off. Thus he lost all his savings. LESSON: ' You can make a fool out of someone some times. You can not make a fool out of someone all the time'. Bye children meet you in the next issue ------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Dec 4, 2007 11:28 AM Spiritual Gems from Sri Sai Satcharitra - chapter 26 SSS: Now let us turn to the stories of this Chapter. SSS: Mr. Ambadekar Mr. Gopal Narayan Ambadekar of Poona was a devotee of Baba. He served for ten years in the Abkari department in the Thane District and in Javhar state, from where he had to retire. He tried to get some other job, but he did not succeed. He was overtaken by other calamities and his condition grew from bad to worse. He passed 7 years in this condition, visiting Shirdi every year and placing his grievance before Baba. In 1916 his plight became worst and be decided to commit suicide in Shirdi. So he came there with his wife and stayed for two months. One night

while sitting in a bullock cart in front of Dixit's Wada, he resolved to end his life by throwing himself into a well close by. He proposed to do one way but Baba wished to do something else. A few paces from this place, there was a hotel and its proprietor Mr. Sagun, a devotee of Baba, came out and accosted him thus - "Did you ever read this Akkalkotkar Maharaj's life?" Ambadekar took that book from Sagun and began to read it. Casually, or we may say providentially he came across a story which was to this effect. - During the life time of Akkalkotkar Maharaj a certain devotee suffered very much from an incurable disease and when he could endure the agony and pain no longer be became desperate and to end his miseries threw himself one night into a well. Immediately the Maharaj came there and took him out with his own hands and advised him thus - "You must enjoy the fruit - good or bad - of your past actions; if the enjoyment be incomplete, suicide won't help you. You have

to take another birth and suffer again; so instead of killing yourself, why not suffer for some time and finish up your store of the fruit of your past deeds and be done with it once and for all?" Reading this appropriate and timely story, Ambadekar was much surprised, and moved. Had he not got Baba's hint through the story, he would have been no more. On seeing Baba's all-prevasiveness and benevolence, his faith in Him was confirmed, and he became a staunch devotee. His father was a devotee of Akkalkotkar Maharaj and Sai Baba wanted him to walk into his father's footsteps and continue his devotion to Him. He then got Sai Baba's blessings and his prospects began to improve. He studied astrology and gained proficiency in it and thereby improved his lot. He was able to earn sufficient money and passed his

after-life in ease and comfort. SSG: Sai Ram. Again, we are reminded that Sai is One with all Gods and Gurus. Also, that we have to accept everything that happens in life as His prasad and surrender to Him totally. Sai Ram. Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www..freewebs.com/swamyreviews www.freewebs.com/svswamy --------------------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: This blog is dedicated to Shri Shirdi Sai baba http://www.debu7366.blogspot.com/ ------------------------ Sai ka laadla" saikalaadla In Quest of Guru and God The Sansara [visible world] by the allegory of Ashvattha [banyan] tree, which has, in the phraseology of Shri Bhagwad Gita, roots above and branches below. Its branches are spread downwards and upwards, and are nourished by the Gunas [qualities], and its sprouts are the objects of the senses. Its root, leading to actions are extended downwards to this world of men. Its form cannot be known in this world, nor its end, its beginning, nor its support. After cutting this Ashvattha tree of strong roots with the sharp weapon of non-attachment, one should seek the path beyond treading, which there is no return. For traversing this path, the help of a good guide [Guru] is absolutely

necessary. However, learned a man may be, or however deep his study of Vedas and Vedantas [sacred literature] may be, he cannot go to his destination safely. If the guide be there to help him, and show him the right way he would avoid the pitfalls and the wild beasts on the journey and everything will be smooth-sailing. Sri Sai Baba's experience in this matter, which He gave out Himself, is really wonderful,

which when attended to, will give you faith, devotion and salvation. ----- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: t_rammohan2002 Jan 2, 2008 8:47 PM Sai Ram Hearty Congratulations on Five Successful Years of Publication! Wish Sri Sai should bless the publishers with many more successful years of this EXCELLENT SERVICE. RammohanRao ---------------- saileela99 Jan 3, 2008 6:42 PM Om Sai Ram! We all at SHRI SHIRDI SAI BABA SANSTHAN, CANADA (Toronto) would like to extend our heartiest congratulations to "Saidarbar" which has completed its full ten years and has successfully entered into the 11th year. Also, would like to thank and congratulate the entire support group for extending their

love thru the newsletter. We remain humble and pray in the lotus feet of Baba to bestow His choicest blessings on all and who render their selfless service in His Lotus Feet. Baba Bless You Ever! www.shirdisainath.org --------------------- debu7366 Jan 4, 2008 1:53 PM Saibanisa's discourses in English. Om Sai Ram .May Saibaba's

blessings and grace always shower upon all of us. I have wanted to hear the discourses for a long time now but because of my inability to understand Telugu- this had not been possible. But I am really glad to know that now these sacred discourses will be translated into English and thus will be understood by millions of Sai devotees world wide. Thank you so much for accepting my request. I am eagerly waiting for the Guru Pournima festival 2008 now. My Regards and best wishes to the entire Saidarbar team, Sai bhakt, Deepa H http://debu7366.blogspot.com/ ---------- Response for The Glory of Shirdi Sai E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT vjrkk On Jan 3, 2008 8:36 AM, Wow Early morning I read this mail and it was like an unexpected gift in the right time. Life is great. There is no debate To live it wise We really need such great advice Viji Rajan. ------------- shikha_4ever05 Jai Sai Ram, This site is very beautiful I think beautiful is a very small word for this. Its make word more Clean n Clear. Sai Baba Bless all of us. HAPPY NEW YEAR N GOD MAY FULFILL UR ALL WISHES. Sai Daughter, Shikha Kohli ------------------ saisampat On Jan 10, 2008 11:56 PM SaiRam, Really enjoyable. Baba always shows his presence and his leela. Thank you very much for this. Pray Baba to do more like this Saisampath. -------- mangala_nilaver

On Jan 10, 2008 10:35 AM, Sai Ram, This good reading material and thanks for the same. Mangala ----------- Suresh_u8 On Jan 10, 2008 11:35 AM, SaiRam, Thanks, I had requested

couple of weeks ago to hear online music link. Today when I was reading this newsletter I was pleased. Thanks for this arrangement. Regards Suresh Kumar --------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp

------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: Shirdi Ke Sai Baba Author: Rakesh Shastri

Sadhana Pocket Books 39 U A Bianglo Road New Delhi 110 007 ------------- Title: Ishwar Aahe Nahi Ka Mahantosh Author: V. B. Kher Alak Niranjan, Shop No.4 Sriram Nivas,Kokan Nagar Bandoop Post, Mumbai - 400 045 --------------------- Title: Shirdi Sai Baba Sai Sudha Trust ,Gadangal (Kasauli) Himachal Pradesh, Pincode - 173 201 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s)

sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: Baba says: Pray God always to relieve you from the sleep of ignorance into dawn of wisdom. By standing on his own, A man finds

happiness. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. -----------------

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.