IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 04-2008 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 04/ 2008 14-02-2008 The Glory of Shirdi Sai enters Sixth year from 01-01-2008. One World One Family Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantih, Shantih, Shantih! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to

knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace to All) You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar - Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji GOOD MEN & BAD MEN Good men and bad men differ from each other in their natures. Bad men do not consider a sinful act as sin, even if brought to their attention. They neither

from doing nor do they like someone informing inform them of their sinful acts. Wise men are always sensitive to the right and wrong; they cease doing anything as soon as they see that it is wrong. They are grateful to anyone who calls their attention to such wrong acts. Thus good men and bad men differ radically. Bad men never appreciate kindness shown towards them, but wise men appreciate and are grateful. Wise men try to express their appreciation and gratitude in some form or other, not only to their benefactor, but also to everyone. To be continued --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: February 25,1912: Madhavrao Deshpande (Shyama) left Shirdi to attend Kakasaheb Dixit's son’s thread ceremony at Nagpur and Nanasaheb Chandorkar's son's wedding at Gwalior. February 14, 1914: Mr.B.V.Deo was charged by Baba for stealing His rags

and after lot of abuse and scolding was favored with instructions to read Jnaneswari regularly every day as per Deo's request. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS.

Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. JULY-1995: 27-07-1995 Please bless me with God’s grace was my prayer to Sai before going to bed. Sai presented with a peculiar scene that ran like this. Obstacles are like dirt sticking to the linen. I was washing a linen with word life inscribed on it .I was in the process of removing the dirt with branded detergent named Sai. Later the cloth turned milky white. I got up from my sleep and prayed Baba to offer God’s protection. Maintaining a spotless character is as important as food to the physical body. 29-07-1995 I asked Sai to tell me something about God. Sai presented a visual- God knows about my past, present and future. He is omniscient and omnipotent and I concluded that it is impossible to know God. I will in future not venture into such exercise any more. But I decided to firmly believe that there is a supreme power, that knows me in totality, will offer protection under all odds, in case genuinely addressed. I am sure that he will take me across to my destiny safe. Not a single leaf moves without god’s command. To be continued------------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship The next step was from individual worship to congregational worship. That means there would be some one to officiate as the pujari and that he would be available at various periods of worship. For this purpose, Hari Vinayak Sathe, a Settlement Officer, sent one Megha Shyam to Shirdi in 1905, so that he might officiate as the Pujari and carry on congregational worship. He fell ill for sometime and by Baba’s grace, he regained his health and the congregational worship was actually started in 1909. to make the congregational worship more advanced and attractive, there was an enthusiastic set of devotees at Shirdi. Once Dr. Pandit came and put three horizontal lines on Baba’s forehead. The main aim of Sri Sai Baba is to improve and develop the man-kind by removing their worldly difficulties and improving their devotion and to impart Divine knowledge and salvation to all. Some of us have got doubt whether to worship Baba in form or formless. We should not get such doubts. Don’t try to make anybody to follow our path only. Everyone has his/her own way. In whatever way we pray, our goal is to get Divine Knowledge. Otherwise we shall be a victim of false notions. What we want to do is, we must surrender completely to Baba with total faith and take refuge in Him. To be continued. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. The body is made up of five elements and is bound to perish sooner or later, but the in dweller has neither birth nor death. The in dweller has no attachment whatsoever and is the eternal witness. Truly speaking, the in dweller, who is in the form of the Atma, is verily God Himself. The Atma has neither birth nor death. It has no pain or suffering. Only the body has suffering, not the Atma. The physical body comes and goes. You are not the body; you are the embodiment of the Atma. One has to get rid of bodily attachment in order to enjoy peace and happiness. Gradually reduce your Dehabhimana (body consciousness) and develop Atmabhimana (Atmic consciousness). Body

consciousness and Atmic consciousness are inversely proportional. Dehabhimana will disappear once you develop Daivabhimana (Divine consciousness). The first step on the spiritual path is to keep body consciousness under check. All about the Om "The goal which all the

Vedas declare, which all austerities aim at, and which men desire when they lead the life of continence is Om. This syllable Om is indeed Brahman. Whosoever knows this syllable obtains all that he desires. This is the best support; this is the highest support. Whosoever knows this support is adored in the world of Brahma." Katha Upanishad I NEWS Thousands Throng Temples In Celebration Of Thaipusam http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=309748 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, January 23, 2008: Over a million Hindu devotees thronged temples across the country in celebrating Thaipusam today. In Kuala Lumpur, 500,000 devotees and tourists made a beeline to the Sri Mariaman temple in Batu Caves in celebrating the three-day festival, which began yesterday. The highlight as usual was the procession involving the silver chariot in the image of Lord Muruga from the Sri Maha Mariamman temple in Sungai Pari to this temple. In Selangor, Thaipusam this time around was described as more meaningful following it being declared a public holiday in Kuala

Lumpur and Putrajaya. State Unity and Estate Workers Permanent Committee chairman Datuk Kamala Ganapathy said celebrations were more focused at Batu Caves. Thaipusam falls on the full moon day when the Pusam star reigns. On this day, the alignment of the sun, the moon and the planets is said to be conducive to spiritual enlightenment. Devotees head to temples to pray for divine help and when their prayers are answered, they return on Thaipusam to fulfill their vows with penance and pay homage to Lord Muruga as thanksgiving. --------------------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: sathya_1611 On Jan 30, 2008 8:12 AM SaiRam, This is an experience I had today... I am going through a very rough phase in life and last night I was so depressed that I totally blamed Baba for my state of being and told him that whatever is the outcome of this misery I am going through it is all his doing and he is the one who will be responsible for my actions. This morning my colleague and I were talking about God and she reflected on a discussion we had earlier where we said if GOD was the doer of all then when do have to suffer the consequences of our actions...why should our karmas affect us? Today she said - The situations are destined but the reaction to such situations is ours to make. We can go negative or positive as per our faith in God...That struck a cord in me and made me realize that BABA had answered my question through this girl. Now I just pray to Baba that he would give me the strength to take whatever comes my way and continue with faith and patience...BE WITH ME BABA PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY FOOLISHNESS Sathya. -------------- lakshmi_putrevu Thu, January 31, 2008 10:23 pm I want to relate one of my experiences with Sai. This happened 3 to 4 years back. I was preparing for one exam. For writing that exam passport is required as an identity proof. Exactly one week before the exam I lost my passport. I was nervous. I searched the whole house but I could not get it. Then I read the whole Sai Satcharitra in one day and I slept. Next day I got the passport through postman. He said somebody might have dropped the passport in post box. He gave me the passport. I thanked Sai a lot for helping me. Again there was another miracle that took place. I lost my two gold rings which I placed in my almirah. I got them in our colony's temple Hundi. After praying to SaiBaba, now I am in one more trouble. I am praying to Saibaba for help. I read Sai Satcharitra recently. I know He will help me. Lakshmi --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child

hood. THE MOUSE WHICH TURNED INTO A LION: In a dense forest lived a great sage named Bhrigu Rishi. He lived a secluded life in a small shelter where he spent his days in prayer. A small mouse also lived near the shelter and over the years became a very pious and an ardent disciple of the sage. Whenever Bhrigu sat deep in meditation or sang hymns in praise of God, the mouse would also sit near him and meditate. His only problem was that being a mouse, he was always in fear of his life from cats, dogs and vultures and this fear was biggest obstacle. Bhrigu Rishi had been observing the mouse over the years and knew about his fear. Having pity on him, he decided to end this problem, once for all, by transforming the mouse in to a lion. He could then move boldly and meditate with peace. The sage was a hermit with extraordinary powers, acquired over the years through his prayers and meditation. He could achieve or be blessed with whatever he desired by praying to God. He started his meditation and when he reached the level of supernatural he prayed, Oh God! The mouse is one of your ardent devotees, but his prayers are disturbed because he lives in fear all the time. I pray that you change him into a lion so that he can overcome this fear". The almighty granted him this wish and the mouse became a lion. The surprising result of this was that his outlook was also transformed to the attributes of the jungle king. He would roam over the forest freely and all the other animals would bow and greet him fearfully. He has hailed as their leader. Only the sage knows of his original state of mouse and this reality made him treat him still like a mouse. This was resented by the 'mouse turned lion' because it would affect his dignity. Once the other animals know of it they would then ridicule and disrespect him. He decided to kill the sage, his benefactor, so that the secret was not revealed to others. After being mentally prepared to do the killing, he

rushed off to the hermitage. Bhrigu Rishi had extraordinary powers and the moment he saw the lion rushing at him, he read his mind. This ungratefulness made him very angry and he transfixed lion with his stare. As the lion stood trembling before the sage, he got reverted back to his original physical state of a mouse. If the 'mouse turned lion' had not forgotten his earlier days and thought ill of his benefactor, he would not have been reverted back to mouse again. Lesson: "Never be ungrateful to your benefactor. A person, who becomes rich or powerful and forgets his earlier periods of misery, is destined to stumble in life, again and again. Bye children meet you in the next issue. ------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Feb 6, 2008 10:18 AM Spiritual Gems from Sri Sai Satcharitra - chapter 27 Sai Ram. Let us now take up Spiritual Gems from Chapter 27 of Sri Sai Satcharitra. Sai Ram. Shri Sai Satcharitra Chapter XXVII Favour Shown by Giving Bhagwat and Vishnu-Sahasra Nam - Dixit's

Vitthal Vision - Gita Rahasya - Khapardes. This Chapter describes how Sai Baba favoured His devotees by granting them religious books after he had touched and consecrated them, for parayana (reading regularly) and certain other matters. Preliminary When a man takes a plunge into the sea, he gets the merit of bathing in all the Tirthas and sacred rivers. Similarly when a man takes refuge at the feet of the Sad-guru, he gets the merit of bowing to the Trinity, i.e. Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh and also Para-Brahma. SSG: Sai Ram. That is because Guru is Brahma, Vishnu, Maheswara and is in fact none other than the Para-Brahma. Sai Ram. Guru dispels the spiritual darkness and shows the things in true light. That is why in Sri Aditya Hridayam, Sun God Aditya is also referred to as One with all Gods including Brahma, Vishnu, Siva etc. Just as Sun illuminates the world with His light and dispels darkness, Guru dispels the Spiritual Darkness (in another chapter too, Sai Baba tells Sri Nanasaheb Chandorkar that Guru does not teach truth but teaches what is untrue, thus removes Ajnana, ignorance). Guru is therefore referred many times as Gnana Bhaskara (The Sun of Knowledge). Sai Ram. SSS: Victory be unto Shri Sai the wish-fulfilling tree and the ocean of knowledge, who gives us self-realization. Oh Sai, create in us regard for

Your stories. Let the readers and audience devour them with the same relish with which the chatak bird drinks the water from the clouds and becomes happy. While listening to Your stories, let them and their families get all the sattwik emotions, viz. let their bodies perspire, let their eyes be full of tears, let their prana be steady, let their minds be composed, let their hair stand on end, let them cry, sob and shake, let their hostilities and their distinctions, great and small vanish. If these things happen, that is a sign of the grace of the Guru dawning upon them. When these emotions develop in you, the Guru is most pleased and will certainly lead you on to the goal of self-realization. The best way, therefore, to get free from the shackles of Maya is our complete and whole-hearted surrender to Baba. The Vedas cannot take you across the ocean of

Maya. It is only the Sad-guru, who can do so and make you, see the Lord in all creatures. SSG: Sai Ram. By removing the veil that covers the vision, Sadguru Sai can and will make us see Him in all animate and inanimate things. The Creator is different from the Creation but pervades the whole Creation too. Thus Sai pervades the whole universe. Sai Ram. To be continued.. ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: sudha_vohra Feb 9, 2008 12:01 PM Dhunda sara jamana mere sai jaisa koi nahin jo har kisi ko apnaye aisa duniya main koi nahin pyar ki khoz main hai duniya sari yahain mujhe mere sai se pyara koi nahin sab kuch mila ek tujhe pa kar sai mujhe is se para sahara or koi nahin khata ho mujh se to mafi ke kabil bana hai tujhe pata mujh se bara gunahgar koi nahin - Sudha --------------------- View the Video of Shri Saibanisa Gopala Rao Ravada ji's

discourses in English from the below link http://www.debu7366.blogspot.com/ ------ 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: sairam Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:38:42 +0530 Sairam, I am not receiving the 'The Glory of Shirdi Sai' newsletter. The last newsletter I received was Issue No.24 (21st November 2007). Why this has discontinued?

Sir, please look into the matter and kindly start sending the issues to me. Thanking you, R. Sairam -------------------- Response by Saidarbar Team: Dear Saibandhu, SaiRam, Thank you for your letter. As per your request I am attaching old issues of E-magazine "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" issues 25 and 26 of 2007. I am sending separately Glory of

Shirdi Sai - issue 01-2008. After receiving all, please give me feedback. Please feel free to contact us in Sai related activities. Thank you once again for showing interest in Saidarbar activities. With best regards, SaiSevak SrinivasaRao Kasturi. for http://www.saidarbar.org -------------- Response for The Glory of Shirdi Sai E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT sunita8672 On Jan 30, 2008 11:55 AM SaiRam, I like the new format but I miss the picture of Baba on the front page on the right hand corner. I always did my namaskar to that picture before I read this magazine. Sunita Sapru Response by Saidarbar Team: vijishvanya Sairam Sunitaji Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we realized that also. The next issue coming next week will have all the pictures of Baba again. Sorry for any inconvenience. Sairam Vijay ------------ szingde Jan 26, 2008 6:53 AM SaiRam, I thank u very much for the wonderful messages. I would like to visit the place in Hyderabad since at present I am in Pune would appreciate you for giving me details of how to come and whether accomadation is also available. Mrs sushila zingde -------- badawi8 On Jan 27, 2008 2:54 PM, JaiSaiRam, I am an Egyptian

Moslem devotee for Sri Shirdi Baba. I will present a lecture on Him on 11 February, 2008 at the Indian Culture Center in Cairo. I liked your E-Zine and what do like me to say. Dr.Abdelfattah M.Badawi ----------------- kyr_rana On Jan 13, 2008 9:02 AM Aum Sai Ram It’s a great & all in one god. Keyur. ----------- hamily Jan 13,

2008 12:43 PM JaiSaiRam, Very good, keep it up. P.S.SASIDHARAN ----- krishjayara57 Jan 24, 2008

10:27 AM Jai Sai Ram I am interested in knowing more details. Please send the updates. k. jayaraman. --------- arajuborra Jan 24, 2008 1:08 PM SaiRam, Namaste to all. I really felt very happy to go to the web site and all the compilations. May Sai Bhagavan will give His blessings to all of our devotees. Appalaraju Borra ----------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (TAMIL) Title: Bharatam Kakum Shirdi Baba Author: L. Palaniappan Shirdi Sai Trust, Chennai, 1 Sai Nagar 108 Krishnan Karanai Village Pattipulam P.O East Coast

Road Tamilnadu - 603 104 Email: manager ------------- Title: Shirdi Tiruthala Sirappu Author: Saimani R. Shirdi Sai Trust,

Chennai, 1 Sai Nagar 108 Krishnan Karanai Village Pattipulam P.O East Coast Road Tamilnadu - 603 104 Email: manager --------------------- Title: Kan

Kanda Deivam Author Sri Sai Sudha Book Store Near All India Sai Samaj Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their

books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: Guru does not teach

truth but teaches what is untrue, thus removes Ajnana, ignorance). Guru is therefore referred many times as Gnana Bhaskara (The Sun of Knowledge). The Creator is different from the Creation but pervades the whole Creation too. Thus Sai pervades the whole universe. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private

circulation only. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. ----------------------

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.