IndiaDivine.org

Now Corrected

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The corrected links are:http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/may2008.htmor http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.com/2008/05/vedanta-is-living-experience.htmlSujal--- On Fri, 30/5/08, sujal <sujal_u wrote:sujal <sujal_uRe: Re: "Now"Nisargadatta Date: Friday, 30 May, 2008, 4:12 AMHi,The best word to explain and express the SELF (state of Nirvikalp Samadhi) is 'Silence' and the best way to live in the SELF is 'Complete Detachment'.Yes, i have also read the posts in which the essence was dropped. The discussion was ending up in an argument.In that case, a smile definately helps :) [and not laugh :)) ]That is why ever since i joined this group, i have been saying that advaita is not for everybody.... and this is not a statement out of superiority complex nor due to my ego.I like this article

written by Swami Sivananda:http://indiaspiritu ality.blogspot. com/2008/ 05/vedanta- is-living- experience. html or http://www.dlshq. org/discourse/ may2008.htmSujal--- On Fri, 30/5/08, dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33@ .de> wrote:dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33@ .de> Re: "Now"NisargadattaFriday, 30 May, 2008, 3:54 AMNisargadatta, sujal <sujal_u. > wrote: > > Hi, > > The language or the way of expression is is called as 'Asmat Prayog'. I dont know the exact meaning of

'Asmat' but 'Prayog' means 'attempt'. > > There are words like 'dive within', 'be merged' etc which looks like dual from surface. > The reason why the saints try to explain the non-dual concept in such a way is due to the fact that we, unknowingly, assume oueselves as body, mind, intellect, ego, etc. > > Our statements like 'I came 10 minutes earlier'. It goes without saying that in this case, we assume ourselves as body. I hope you get my point. > > So the process of undoing and neglecting all other than the SELF seems difficult for many people, eventhough it is the striaght path  as gives clarity. > > This is the reason why the saints explain in this way. A person who is able to experience that is is different from the mind and the thoughts can only understand the process of undoing. > > The surface

meaning (vachiarth) looks like dual, but the essence (lakshiarth) is the non-dual. > > Each word has a 'vachiarth' and a 'lakshiarth' .Following example is given by Swami Sukhbodhananda: > > > A person points a finger to the idol of Lord Krishna and says "This is a statue of Lord Krishna" > > In this case, the finger pointing towards the idol is called as 'vachiarth'. . It helps us to give direction. But we do not keep on looking at the tip of finger but look in the direction pointer by the finger. Thus we bypass the finger (as it has done it's work of giving direction) and look at the idol. This idol is the 'lakshiarth' . The finger is important but not the destination. The destination is the idol of lord Krishna. > > People try ot follow word by word and end up in rigidity and confusion.. > > Sujal Hello

Sujal, yes, there are people who try to follow word by word....... scriptures are studied, word by word..... but the words ...all the words are of direction pointer only.... ...... many discussions were already going on in here.......during which people took messages.... .word by word..... words fights without end.... and then....after a while.....people get simply tired of such non- sense......and agree finally on some simple smile....:) ....which can give endless more expression than books filled up with words.... Marc Ps: maybe it's in the nature of ignorance that there are fights (with onself)....in order to get peace.....one day > > > --- On Fri, 30/5/08, dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... wrote: > dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... > Re: "Now" > Nisargadatta > Friday, 30 May, 2008, 2:11 AM > > Nisargadatta, sujal sujal_u@ & gt; wrote: > & gt; > & gt; Hi Marc, > & gt; > & gt; In other verses Sri Ramana has said that for an ignorant person the > world is limited to the the (visible) 3 dimensional world, while for > a realised saint, the world is the substratum (or the source) of this > 3 dimensional world.. For a realised saint the world and his body is > unlimited i.e. it is nothing other than the SELF or brahman. > & gt; > & gt; .... and yes i think Sri Ramana is talking about the same 'SELF' > & gt; > & gt; AUM > & gt; > & gt;

Sujal > > Hello Sujal, > > yes, the "body" of Ramana is.....unlimited > for a such "body".....there is nothing but SELF > > Marc > > & gt; > & gt; --- On Fri, 30/5/08, dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... wrote: > & gt; dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... > & gt; Re: "Now" > & gt; Nisargadatta > & gt; Friday, 30 May, 2008, 1:27 AM > & gt; > & gt; Nisargadatta@ .. com, sujal sujal_u@ & amp;gt; wrote: > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Hello Marc, > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; I think this verse from Ramana's 40 verses on reality > (truth) > & gt; suits your phylosophy. > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; "'The world is real.' 'No, it, is a mere illusory > appearance.' 'The > & gt; world is conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is happiness( i.e. it is > & gt; conscousness - existance - bliss).' 'No...' What use is it to > argue > & gt; thus? Leave this worldly vision (approach), (be introvert) > know > & gt; one's Self (know one's true nature), drop all notions of > duality > & gt; & amp;amp;amp; non-duality,  without 'I' (egoless), this state of > self > & gt; realisation (ultimate truth) is universally accepted and > & gt; acknowledged. " verse No. 3 > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; I think this is what you are trying to express. > & gt; & amp;gt; Am i

right? > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; AUM > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Sujal > & gt; > & gt; Hello Sujal, > & gt; > & gt; .......reading this your message and words of Ramana......i think > that > & gt; Ramana indeed is talking about same "Self" (true nature)..... and > so, > & gt; about an "egoless" view.....a relax & amp;amp; peaceful > view/reality. ....in > & gt; which what is called "the world" is of an appearent world ONLY > & gt; > & gt; Marc > & gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; --- On Thu, 29/5/08, dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... > wrote: > & gt; & amp;gt; dennis_travis33 dennis_travis33@ ... > & gt; & amp;gt;

Re: "Now" > & gt; & amp;gt; Nisargadatta > & gt; & amp;gt; Thursday, 29 May, 2008, 11:50 PM > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Nisargadatta@ . com, "toombaru2006" > & gt; lastrain@ . & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; wrote: > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; The belief structure in which the conceptual > identified > & gt; entity > & gt; & amp;gt; finds itself is by nature in a > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; constant state of stress. > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; It is a highly evolved addendum that functions to > help the > & gt; organism > & gt; & amp;gt; survive whose > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; contribution is fundamentally fear based. > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; It adapts to the constant stress through an > intricate system > & gt; of > & gt; & amp;gt; compensatory adjustments.. > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; All of which occur within its own imagination. . > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; One of its many ruses is the mentation that > involves what is > & gt; named

> & gt; & amp;gt; the "now". > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; In an attempt to make the stress tolerable... .it > imagines > & gt; & amp;gt; an "eternal now" and then > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; imagines that it can somehow get to this magical > & gt; place.....and wile > & gt; & amp;gt; away its time......just > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; drifting through the dream....... ..happy as a clam. > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; It seems that very few of the phantoms are wired to > question > & gt; the > & gt; & amp;gt; whole idea of now....and > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; even fewer to ask about the nature of the

one that > seeks > & gt; refuge in > & gt; & amp;gt; it. > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; toombaru > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; "The belief structure in which the conceptual identified > entity > & gt; finds > & gt; & amp;gt; itself is by nature in a > & gt; & amp;gt; & amp;amp;gt; constant state of stress." > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; yes.... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; but > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; such described entity.....in "constant state of stress" only > can > & gt; & amp;gt; observe similar described entities.... .. > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; nothing else ....... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; ....... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; cool down!..... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; everything will be fine.... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; one day..... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; :) > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Marc > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Ps: in reality, indeed, there aren't such imaginary > described > & gt; & amp;gt; stressed individual entities.... . > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; all there is.....is of one wonderful and perfect peace...... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; in which nothing ever happen realy..... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; except little words.....here & amp; amp; amp; there.... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; little few actions..... .here & amp;amp; amp; there. ... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; little memory running..... here & amp;amp; amp; there. .... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; little...... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; ...... > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; & amp;gt; Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your > favourite > & gt; group at http://in.promos. / groups/ > & gt; & amp;gt; > & gt; > & gt; > & gt; > & gt; > & gt; From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go > to http://in.promos. / groups/citygroup s/ > & gt; > > > > > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos. / groups/citygroup s/ > Bring your gang together. Do your thing.. Find your favourite

Group.

What is your Emotional Quotient? Find out.