one more

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

" Matter, life, mind and everything beyond are all mere modifications

of Brahman playing in the world as sat-cit-ananda "

- Paramahamsa Hariharananda

Guest guest

Hi Marc,I am in contact with a realised Guru. But he prefers to remain undisclosed. So i will not talk about him. He is a householder. He was on a spiritual tour since 1 1/2 months. I am in contact with him since 4-5 years. But now as i have progressed in spirituality, he is making me more and more self dependent. So now he meets me only when he feels it is necessary. Even if he meets me by coincidence, then still there is no discussion in spirituality. Some how i remain silent. What he says is that all your emotions should be transformed into unconditional love. Then only we can feel that god is near us. Else we will feel him to be very far. He has taught me meditation and most importantly how to live in the society with

spiritual background. His teachings are exclusively for a house holder saint.When mind is calm, it hunts for no nothing. Perheps, i wont check my mail accounts when meditation is at full swing. Current mental state indicates that still my mind is agitated, specially when there is too much of work load. It is a phase of life just like high tide and low tide in the ocean. But for some time, there is no tide in the ocean ( in the transit period from one tide to other). It takes time for one to be neutral in all situations.Everything depends upon the meditation. If the issues does not effect your meditation, then everything is ok. Say you are short tempered and you say something which you should not have said. But still, if it does not affect your meditation, then there is no need to change yourself. tolerence and later on 'let go' helps to be aware,  awareness or

consciousness is responsible to make you experience that you are not the body or the mind. Bhakti or devotion is a force which throws away all thoughts and increases concentration. It makes meditation effortless. Awareness induces the qualities like patience and detachment, and makes you neutral, which elps you in testing times.So a devotee laughs, sings, cries, etc but a vedantin remains calm and is at peace. Complete surrender and awareness of SELF leads you to the same destination. It depends upon the nature of the meditator. In both case ego is destroyed. But as Sri Ramakrishna say, Advaita (nirvikalp Samadhi) is the last word in spirituality. Prayers help in both case and makes mind neutral and ready for meditation. It need not be a verse from a shastras. Simple words in our native language is enough.He has advised me to always ask the question 'why?'.why there is need to meditate, why do we need to speak truth,

etc.What we do is not important as compared to WHY we are doing. The intention or the triggering force behind the action is important. That is why i like the quote your had posted.AUMSujal--- On Thu, 5/6/08, dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33 wrote:dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33 Re: one moreNisargadatta Date: Thursday, 5 June, 2008, 12:31 AMNisargadatta, sujal <sujal_u > wrote: > > Hello Marc, > > I have been struggling to get back on track of spiritual journey since 1 and 1/2 months. I tried hard and in process increased my detemination as not to leave meditation in the middle. Your quote reminded me of an inportant factor, i.e. goal, which i had been remembering it, before few months, and i used  this factor  to increase  the depth and  ti me of meditation. > > I have rested at home today, as i have a severe pain in my right hand. > After reading this quote, i logged off and meditated. I Strengthened of Goal of SELF Realisation,  at times when  my mind started  wavering..  This hel ped me to neutralise  my mind, accelarated my

progress and increased the depth of meditation. Surrende r to the God  is also very important.  It increases  the concentration  without an y effort. > > I have also observed, in the  past, that even if the mind neutralises for few moments, all the mental strain and effort put in the meditation gets vapourised. It makes me fresh and you are ready to go for another hour or so. More time i stay  in this neutral  state, more  is the clarity  and freshness. > it is the begining  of an effortless  meditation  with absolutel y no thoughts.  I was completely relaxed at that time, without the experience of pain in my hand. > > I used to have this expreriences in the past, but somehow i slipped. Joining spiritual groups was one way tried

to be in touch with spirituali ty. > > I really thank you for posting this quote. > > Honestly, i joined this group, because i was attracted to the vibration from the photo of Sri Nisargadattaji.  I had never  heard of him  before. After  readin g the intro of this  group, it felt  that Sri Nisargada ttaji  and Sri Ramana  Maharshi have  many things  in common..  > I expected some inspirational quotes and their explanation in this group, which could help me in my spiritual progress, but here some different "spiritual Salad' is cooking, as you mentioned earlier. > > AUM > > Sujal > > ....yes,.... when you want to practise meditation.. ...then it's necessary to practise regularly... ... just like you eat & sleep regularly...

... means, if you want to get other habits/attitudes. ....it's necessary that you Do It...... ..... if you want to get in touch with realy spiritual people.....i think it's better and easier to enter in contact with some meditation teachers living close to you....... there are many meditation techniques.. ...and normally, it need some advises from a teacher/guru ...... one day....i wanted to SEE a realised person...... means, somebody who passed some more steps of life(dream) etc.......etc. ... i also have been interested into meditation.. .... and so i decided to meet such a realised person...... .. ....... so, wish you to meet with real spiritual people....:) not like the ones in here....who imagine to be already enlightened etc.....even more than Ramana and Nis etc.... but.... great fun in here....with such ego-minded

people.... Marc__.._,_.___ Messages in this topic (7) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages ** If you do not wish to receive individual emails, to change your subscription, sign in with your ID and go to Edit My Groups: /mygroups?edit=1 Under the Message Delivery option, choose "No Email" for the

Nisargadatta group and click on Save Changes. MARKETPLACEBlockbuster is giving away a FREE trial of - Blockbuster

Total Access. Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un Recent Activity 3New Members Visit Your Group Ads on Learn more now.Reach customerssearching for you.Do-It-Yourselferson How-to ideas,projects and more.Everyday Wellness ZoneCheck out featuredhealthy living groups.. Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , sujal <sujal_u wrote:

>

> Hi Marc,

>

> I am in contact with a realised Guru. But he prefers to remain

undisclosed. So i will not talk about him. He is a householder. He

was on a spiritual tour since 1 1/2 months.

>

> I am in contact with him since 4-5 years. But now as i have

progressed in spirituality, he is making me more and more self

dependent. So now he meets me only when he feels it is necessary.

Even if he meets me by coincidence, then still there is no discussion

in spirituality. Some how i remain silent..

>

> What he says is that all your emotions should be transformed into

unconditional love. Then only we can feel that god is near us. Else

we will feel him to be very far. He has taught me meditation and most

importantly how to live in the society with spiritual background. His

teachings are exclusively for a house holder saint.

>

> When mind is calm, it hunts for no nothing. Perheps, i wont check

my mail accounts when meditation is at full swing. Current mental

state indicates that still my mind is agitated, specially when there

is too much of work load.. It is a phase of life just

like high tide and low tide in the ocean. But for some tim

e, there is no tide in the ocean ( in the transit period 

from one tide to other).

> It takes time for one to be neutral in all situations.

>

> Everything depends upon the meditation. If the issues does not

effect your meditation, then everything is ok. Say you are short

tempered

and you say something which you should not have said. But s

till, if it does not affect your meditation, then there is 

no need to change yourself.

>

> tolerence and later on 'let go' helps to be aware,  awareness or

consciousness is responsible to make you experience that you are not

the body or the mind.

>

> Bhakti or devotion is a force which throws away all thoughts and

increases concentration. It makes meditation effortless. Awareness

induces the qualities like patience and detachment, and makes you

neutral, which elps you in testing times.

>

> So a devotee laughs, sings, cries, etc but a vedantin remains calm

and is at peace. Complete surrender and awareness of SELF leads you

to the same destination. It depends upon the nature of the meditator.

In both case ego is destroyed. But as Sri Ramakrishna say,

Advaita (nirvikalp Samadhi) is the last word in spirituality.

Prayers help in both case and makes mind neutral and ready for

meditation. It need not be a verse from a shastras. Simple words in

our native language is enough.

>

> He has advised me to always ask the question 'why?'.

> why there is need to meditate, why do we need to speak truth, etc.

>

> What we do is not important as compared to WHY we are doing. The

intention or the triggering force behind the action is important.

That is why i like the quote your had posted.

>

> AUM

>

> Sujal

>

Hello Sujal,

yes.....it's important this your described " why " ....

another question is on... " how " ....

there are some people who expect to get " enlightenment " ,

liberation....etc.......directly

no patience....

this just don't work!

even not with/by most high intellectual concepts.....endless thoughts

and imaginations....or by reading 50 books....

it don't work because it's even not understood....WHY one should do

it realy

Marc

Ps: for some....the answer to the question is clear since birth....

for some....the answer to the question take 20 years.....

for some....the answer to the question take 300 years....

etc...

Guest guest

Hi Marc,I thought on 'How'. If you want to reach a destination, then you should know 'How' to rech it. To complete a task, we should have knowledge about 'how' to get the work done.... but sometimes, 'how' can lead us to analysis. Analysis does not help as the mind remains constantly active.When i met my Guru for the first time, the first thing he said was " We have met as a result of your constant prayers". I used to regularly play to the God to show me the correct path. "Give me what is best for me". i left to select the path on God. I used to also plary like... i dont know how to surrender, show me how to... We can pray like that too.I am 100 % confident that if you regularly do so, then

sooner or later you will meet somebody who will guide you and lift you to another level. It is my personal experience. ---You are right Marc. I will not get anything from this group that i expected. It's time to go. We can be in touch... We know  each others mail ids.AUMSujal--- On Thu, 5/6/08, dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33 wrote:dennis_travis33 <dennis_travis33 Re: one moreNisargadatta Date: Thursday, 5 June, 2008, 1:38 AMNisargadatta, sujal <sujal_u > wrote: > > Hi Marc, > > I am in contact with a realised Guru.. But he prefers to remain undisclosed. So i will not talk about him. He is a householder. He was on a spiritual tour since 1 1/ 2 months. > > I am in contact with him since 4-5 years. But now as i have progressed in spirituality, he is making me more and more self dependent. So now he meets me only when he feels it is necessary. Even if he meets me by coincidence, then still there is no discussion in spirituality. Some how i remain silent.. > > What he says is that all your emotions should be transformed into unconditional love. Then only we can feel that god is near us. Else we will

feel him to be very far. He has taught me meditation and most importantly how to live in the society with spiritual background. His teachings are exclusively for a house holder saint. > > When mind is calm, it hunts for no nothing. Perheps, i wont check my mail accounts when meditation is at full swing. Current mental state indicates that still my mind is agitated, specially when there is too much of work load.. It is a phase of life just like high tide  and low tide  in the ocean.  But for some  tim e, there is no tide  in the ocean  ( in the transit  period  from one tide to  other). > It takes time for one to be neutral in all situations. > > Everything depends upon the meditation. If the issues does not effect your meditation, then everything is ok. Say you are short tempered

and you say something  which you should  not have said.  But s till, if it does  not affect  your meditation,  then there  is  no need to change  yourself. > > tolerence and later on 'let go' helps to be aware,  awareness or consciousness is responsible to make you experience that you are not the body or the mind. > > Bhakti or devotion is a force which throws away all thoughts and increases concentration. It makes meditation effortless. Awareness induces the qualities like patience and detachment, and makes you neutral, which elps you in testing times. > > So a devotee laughs, sings, cries, etc but a vedantin remains calm and is at peace. Complete surrender and awareness of SELF leads you to the same destination. It depends upon the nature of the meditator. In both case ego

is destroyed. But as Sri Ramakrishna say, Advaita (nirvikalp  Samadhi) is the last word in spirituality. Prayers help in both case and makes mind neutral and ready for meditation. It need not be a verse from a shastras. Simple words in our native language is enough. > > He has advised me to always ask the question 'why?'. > why there is need to meditate, why do we need to speak truth, etc. > > What we do is not important as compared to WHY we are doing. The intention or the triggering force behind the action is important. That is why i like the quote your had posted. > > AUM > > Sujal > Hello Sujal, yes.....it's important this your described "why".... another question is on..."how".. .. there are some people who expect to get "enlightenment" , liberation.. ..etc.... ...directly no patience....

this just don't work! even not with/by most high intellectual concepts.... .endless thoughts and imaginations. ...or by reading 50 books..... ..... it don't work because it's even not understood.. ..WHY one should do it realy ..... Marc Ps: for some....the answer to the question is clear since birth.... for some.....the answer to the question take 20 years..... for some....the answer to the question take 300 years.... etc...

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , sujal <sujal_u wrote:

>

> Hi Marc,

>

> I thought on 'How'.

> If you want to reach a destination, then you should know 'How' to

rech it. To complete a task, we should have knowledge about 'how' to

get the work done.

>

> .... but sometimes, 'how' can lead us to analysis. Analysis does

not help as the mind remains constantly active.

>

>

> When i met my Guru for the first time, the first thing he said

was " We have met as a result of your constant prayers " . I used to

regularly play to the God to show me the correct path. " Give me what

is best for me " . i left to select the

path on God. I used to also plary like...

> i dont know how to surrender, show me how to... We can pray like

that too.

>

> I am 100 % confident that if you regularly do so, then

sooner or later you will meet somebody who will guide you and lift

you to another level. It is my personal experience.

>

> ---

>

> You are right Marc. I will not get anything from this group that i

expected.. It's time to go.

> We can be in touch... We know  each others mail ids.

>

> AUM

>

> Sujal

>

>

Hello Sujal,

however this " how " look like.....it lead us all.....sooner or

later.......to same point.....to ourSelf....to peace

as long there is some path to go....there is no real peace.....

yes, there is always a reason for everything.....and so, also a

reason why one meet with a real guru/teacher......

some are reading plenty of books, about plenty of gurus.....following

for many years some courses of some self-declared pseudo gurus......

.....restless minds.......often, just ordinary heavy ego-minded

people......

.....and so, due to their wrong attitude....they don't get in touch

with a real guru.....simply because they live in another world.....

a different world....then real gurus

yes, i'm also wondering why i'm writing in this group.....lol.....

i'm not in here for business reasons.....because of an image i need

to protect...etc......

i only write sometimes some words which are of actual

thoughts....don't write to anybody in special......

staying in touch....

best wishes

Marc

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , " dennis_travis33 "

<dennis_travis33 wrote:

>

> Nisargadatta , sujal <sujal_u@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Marc,

> >

> > I thought on 'How'.

> > If you want to reach a destination, then you should know 'How' to

> rech it. To complete a task, we should have knowledge about 'how' to

> get the work done.

> >

> > .... but sometimes, 'how' can lead us to analysis. Analysis does

> not help as the mind remains constantly active.

> >

> >

> > When i met my Guru for the first time, the first thing he said

> was " We have met as a result of your constant prayers " . I used to

> regularly play to the God to show me the correct path. " Give me what

> is best for me " . i left to select the

> path on God. I used to also plary like...

> > i dont know how to surrender, show me how to... We can pray like

> that too.

> >

> > I am 100 % confident that if you regularly do so, then

> sooner or later you will meet somebody who will guide you and lift

> you to another level. It is my personal experience.

> >

> > ---

> >

> > You are right Marc. I will not get anything from this group that i

> expected.. It's time to go.

> > We can be in touch... We know  each others mail ids.

> >

> > AUM

> >

> > Sujal

> >

> >

>

> Hello Sujal,

>

> however this " how " look like.....it lead us all.....sooner or

> later.......to same point.....to ourSelf....to peace

>

> as long there is some path to go....there is no real peace.....

>

> .....

>

> yes, there is always a reason for everything.....and so, also a

> reason why one meet with a real guru/teacher......

>

> some are reading plenty of books, about plenty of gurus.....following

> for many years some courses of some self-declared pseudo gurus......

>

> ....restless minds.......often, just ordinary heavy ego-minded

> people......

>

> ....and so, due to their wrong attitude....they don't get in touch

> with a real guru.....simply because they live in another world.....

> a different world....then real gurus

>

> ......

>

> yes, i'm also wondering why i'm writing in this group.....lol.....

> i'm not in here for business reasons.....because of an image i need

> to protect...etc......

> i only write sometimes some words which are of actual

> thoughts....don't write to anybody in special......

>

> ......

>

> staying in touch....

>

> best wishes

>

>

> Marc

>

" You " will get anything *you* 'expect'....however, if you are very

lucky in/with your expectations...you will *get* the unexpected:

.....sudden grace*.

Love,

Anna

*after a lifetime of expectations, disappointments, revelations and

experiments.

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , " anabebe57 " <kailashana

wrote:

>

> Nisargadatta , " dennis_travis33 "

> <dennis_travis33@> wrote:

> >

> > Nisargadatta , sujal <sujal_u@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Hi Marc,

> > >

> > > I thought on 'How'.

> > > If you want to reach a destination, then you should know 'How'

to

> > rech it. To complete a task, we should have knowledge about 'how'

to

> > get the work done.

> > >

> > > .... but sometimes, 'how' can lead us to analysis. Analysis

does

> > not help as the mind remains constantly active.

> > >

> > >

> > > When i met my Guru for the first time, the first thing he said

> > was " We have met as a result of your constant prayers " . I used

to

> > regularly play to the God to show me the correct path. " Give me

what

> > is best for me " . i left to select the

> > path on God. I used to also plary like...

> > > i dont know how to surrender, show me how to... We can pray

> > that too.

> > >

> > > I am 100 % confident that if you regularly do so, then

> > sooner or later you will meet somebody who will guide you and

lift

> > you to another level. It is my personal experience.

> > >

> > > ---

> > >

> > > You are right Marc. I will not get anything from this group

that i

> > expected.. It's time to go.

> > > We can be in touch... We know  each others mail ids.

> > >

> > > AUM

> > >

> > > Sujal

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hello Sujal,

> >

> > however this " how " look like.....it lead us all.....sooner or

> > later.......to same point.....to ourSelf....to peace

> >

> > as long there is some path to go....there is no real peace.....

> >

> > .....

> >

> > yes, there is always a reason for everything.....and so, also a

> > reason why one meet with a real guru/teacher......

> >

> > some are reading plenty of books, about plenty of

gurus.....following

> > for many years some courses of some self-declared pseudo

gurus......

> >

> > ....restless minds.......often, just ordinary heavy ego-minded

> > people......

> >

> > ....and so, due to their wrong attitude....they don't get in

touch

> > with a real guru.....simply because they live in another

world.....

> > a different world....then real gurus

> >

> > ......

> >

> > yes, i'm also wondering why i'm writing in this

group.....lol.....

> > i'm not in here for business reasons.....because of an image i

need

> > to protect...etc......

> > i only write sometimes some words which are of actual

> > thoughts....don't write to anybody in special......

> >

> > ......

> >

> > staying in touch....

> >

> > best wishes

> >

> >

> > Marc

> >

>

>

> " You " will get anything *you* 'expect'....however, if you are very

> lucky in/with your expectations...you will *get* the unexpected:

>

> ....sudden grace*.

>

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

>

> *after a lifetime of expectations, disappointments, revelations and

> experiments.

for the ones living in/with/by/from/for expectations.....yes....

.....when there is " sudden grace " ....there are no more expectations...

Marc

>

Guest guest

when one is not clear in ones understanding...it is good to see someone

who is...becuse this can clear up the muddy waters...

but all the clear-man is ever saying is the same thing over and over

again in a thousand and a million different ways...and that is...

let the muddy waters be as it is and it will start to clear up by itself

when one has understood the meaning of the clear-mans words...

there is no reason to hang around anymore...

....iietsa