IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - issue 17-2008 - from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 17/ 2008 14-08-2008 --------------------------- One World One Family. Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to All) ----------------------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10.

LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji SEARCH FOR TRUTH To attain perfect mind control is a most difficult thing. Those who seek Enlightenment must first rid themselves of the fire of all desires. Desire is a raging fire, and one seeking Enlightenment must avoid the fire of desire as a man carrying a load of hay avoids sparks. But it would be foolish for a man to put out his eyes for fear of being tempted by beautiful forms. The mind is master and if the mind is under control, the weaker desires will

disappear. It is difficult to follow the way to Enlightenment, but it is more difficult if people have no mind to seek such a way. Without Enlightenment, there is endless suffering in this world of life and death. When a man seeks the way to Enlightenment it is like an ox carrying a heavy load through a filed of mud. If the ox tries to do its best without paying attention to other things, it can overcome the mud and take a rest. Just so, if the mind is controlled and kept on the right path, there will be no mud of greed to hinder it and all its sufferings will

disappear. Those who seek the path to Enlightenment must first remove all egoistic pride and be humbly willing to accept the light of Sai’s teachings. All the treasures of the world, all its gold and silver and honors, are not to be compared with wisdom and virtue. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to

him. Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. The Sai’s teaching, which tells people how to eliminate greed, anger and foolishness, it is a good teaching and those who follow it attain the happiness of a good life. Compiled by:

Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. To be continued------- ----------------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: August 1918: BABA offered Hemadri Pant a glass of buttermilk and said, “Drink it all, you won't get such opportunity again. August 1929: Composer of "SAGUNOPASANA" Arati Book, Shri K.A.Bhishma passed away at Mohra in Nagpur District. August 1982: Swami SaiSharananandaji (WamanRao Patel) passed away at Ahmedabad (Aged 93 years). August 1984: Administration of SHIRDI SAMSTHAN handed over to the Board of Trustees by the court and Executive officer appointed for day to day administration. -------------------------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. JANUARY-1996 25-01-1996 Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of priest and passed on advice and suggestions for the House warming and inaugural ceremony of Saidarbar slated to take place on 26-01-1996. 1. To begin with, worship Lord Ganesha made out of Turmeric. 2. Have respect age-old traditions. 3. Saidarbar should be the mixture of old and new. 4. Sanctify with water from the river Ganga. 5. Store

water for me to drink in a container. 6. Throughout the night, light a kerosene lamp 7. After conducting the first Saidarbar, serve food to all the laborers engaged for construction of Saidarbar. 8. After retirement from service, cleanse yourself from all the Accumulated dirt in your life and opt for leading a pious

Life. There should be a sea change in the outlook having opted for conducting Saidarbar. 29-01-1996 Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of an old lady and said- You have formally inaugurated Saidarbar on 26-01-1996; better remember the duties to be performed from now onwards. 1. For those seeking mental rest, speak a few good words of solace. 2. Show a good path for those gone astray. 3. Advocate Saibandhus to get rid off the vengeances. 4. Welcome all visitors without ego. 5. Do not discriminate people entering darbar. 6. Educate visitors on their duties and what is ultimate. 7. Always wear a white dress. Simple living and high thinking should get reflected in every sphere of life. 30-01-1996 My mind was pre-occupied with thoughts about love for the kith and kin and excessive attachment towards wife and children. Sai appeared in the form of an unknown person and said- Let TIME be the only binding factor. Fulfill all your moral and social responsibilities well in time unmindful of all other factors. But do not get entangled with more and more people in that process. Time is precious and priceless. . To be continued------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) ‘Shashi’: shashi_31 32. Significance of Meditation Significance of colors seen in Meditation. Red, White, Black, Blue and finally Saffron colours will be seen in meditation. These colors represent the nature of the body. Red Color: The stage of red aura in meditation is the gross body. As the red stage progresses, the body

gradually becomes thinner and thinner. Fat will be reduced. Sometimes Prana would flow very quickly along with the nerves of the lower part of our back. Sometimes neck moves so vigorously making loud sound. This is Hatha Yoga process, affected by the Goddess Kundalini, in order to go up thru the spinal cord into the Sahasra. Sometimes when our neck rotates, our chin would get in the jugular notch below the throat. This is called ‘Jalandara Bandha’. When this takes place, the anus would be automatically drawn in and then released. ‘Rakteswari’ is the Goddess of Red-Aura. White Color: It is extremely beautiful. When we see this light, we get an unusual kind of sleep in meditation. ‘Shivatiswari’ is the Goddess of white flame. It is of thumb size. The subtle body which shaped like a

thumb is the means by which the individual soul experiences the dream state and enjoys some rest. It supports the gross or the physical body. It represents the letter ‘U’, the second letter of ‘AUM’. The individual soul in this body is called ‘Tai Jasa’. Its seat is in the throat and white flame may be seen there in the vision. To be continued…... ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA Reshape yourself through the power of your will; never let yourself be degraded by self-will. The will is the only friend of the Self, and the will is the only enemy of the Self. -Bhagavad Gita 6:5 Perennial joy or passing pleasure? This is the choice one is to make always. The wise recognize these two, but not the ignorant. The first welcome what leads to abiding joy, though painful at the time. The latter run, goaded by their senses, after what seems immediate pleasure. -Katha Upanishad NEWS Chilkur Balaji Temple Devotees Worship for Visas Source: http://www.newindpress.com/sunday/sundayitems.asp?id=SEG20080726070825 & eTitle=Spotlight & rLink=0 HYDERABAD, INDIA, July 28, 2008: The official residence of the “Visa Godâ€, Chilkur Balaji, is in the little village of Chilkur — tucked away in the southwest corner of Hyderabad and flanked by

Osmansagar and a national forest, Mrugavani. “You need to complete 11 pradakshinas with folded hands and nothing but the Lord in your heart. At the end, close your eyes and make the wish to Kaliyuga Devam (Lord of Kaliyuga), Balaji, and rest assured your wish will be granted,†explains an Archaka to a first-timer. But the visa comes with a rider. “Once your wish is granted, you should come back to the temple and this time 108 Pradakshinas should be completed as a mark of your gratitude,†adds the Archaka. Prayers for visas began in the early 1990’s when engineering students from nearby colleges came to the temple seeking divine help to receive their visas to study abroad. The chief priest of the temple, C. S.

Gopalakrishna, suggested this practice of Pradakshinas, which has become standard practice for visa-aspiring devotees. NEWS FROM SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD Now all the works of Saibanisaji (translated into English Language by Sai Sevak Sri RaghuRaman Satulury) are available in one place in the web blog: http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Saidevotees may kindly visit the above blog, read the articles and give your valuable comments in the “Guest Bookâ€. ------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: shivalin_82 Thu, July 24, 2008 11:49 am Sai Devotees, SaiRam, I am happy to share following Experiences of Sai with you all. Experience 1: Needless to say I am a staunch devotee of Baba. In fact though I believed in Baba, my faith grew stronger only recently. I speak my heart out only to him and I started feeling that he is with me and is listening to my prayers. Initially I just felt that how can such thing happen to a normal person like me. But he kept proving it to me that it is only through his grace that things were accomplished. Any small desire of mine was taken care of him. Whenever I went to Baba’s temple, I always had a colour in my mind and always tested him saying he should wear that colour if he is omniscient. And to my joy, always found him in what I wanted. It could be as simple as me wanting to get a particular prasad and when my turn comes they start distributing the Prasad which I wanted. I kept thinking it might be just mere co-incidence until some point. But later, I gave up and starting believing that Baba can show miracles to me too and to a common person like me. He is with me now. I talk to him, fight with him, cry and shout at him too at times. I slowly started devoting

most of my time to Sai. Then, I involved myself in Satcharita. I can’t explain how much peace I got reading his Leelas. I used to feel as if I was in some other world altogether. I gave up eating non-veg and started reading. I did two saptaahs and one normal reading. At the end of one Saptaah, the last one in fact, I wished that Sai should come home. It was at the same time where I was reading the other leelas through the Saidarbar devotees page. I read couple of miracles in which Sai came home to see the devotee and accept the prasad. I also had a desire to see him. I had not planned up anything as such but my friend, who is also a Sai devotee got me pooran polis, which is Baba’s one of the favorite food. She got it for my parents but my inner soul

said I should keep it for Baba for his naivedya. I did so the next morning. After I finished reading the last chapter, I kept the pooran polis in front of Baba and also lit the ghee deepa. I informed at home that if some old or disabled person comes home, he should be given this to eat. I am still new to all this and I am learning how to offer prayers too. So, I did not open the cover and kept it without opening it. Then, my mom came and told me to take it out and offer it. When she was taking it out, it seemed as if two pooran polis were attached, as if Baba wanted two instead of one. So, mom kept it in front of him. I had decided not to partake anything until I get Sai’s darshan. I waited very eagerly. I live in a place where you can hardly find any one

coming to your door and asking for food. My mom asked me to give up and asked me to carry it and give it near temple as we were going to one. But I was stubborn enough to agree upon that. I said he has to come home to see me and bless us; I will not go searching for him. I wanted him to come to our doorstep and bless our home too. I waited and kept waiting. I kept looking at the photo talking to him. I went out looking for him. Then, desire arose in my mind that when I am going to temple, if I find an old person, let me give him money first and also tell him to come home and accept the naivedya. Thinking that I took out the money from my wallet and me and mom stepped out of the house. Baba knew how stubborn I was, for he made up his mind to visit me.

As soon as I stepped out of the house, I saw a disabled man holding a stick with an elderly woman. I had never seen them before nor they looked to be begging for anything. They just approached 2 people on the footpath and looked at them as if to see if they could help. Felt may be they did this to show me that they were the ones I was waiting for. The moment I saw them, I felt that Sai had come in this form. I remembered reading that Sai loves to feed the disabled people. I ran out of joy to get the naivedya and also the money in my hand. I offered both to two of them who were at my doorstep. That person kept looking at me and I could feel that glow on his face and knew for sure that it’s my Sai. He smiled at me which I still can’t forget. Then he

lifted his left hand and bowed at me as if thanking me for the offering since his right hand was handicapped. I was filled with tears. It was all so quick. We had to go to the temple and mom was hurrying me up but I kept staring at that person thinking is this my Sai, would he come all the way to meet this simple devotee. It was unbelievable. After this, I didn’t see them going to any houses to beg but just saw them going to the next lane. I was wonderstruck. I still did not know what was happening. All I remember was as soon as I gave the food to Sai, it was as if my burden was taken away and I was relieved from all the tensions. I had headache and body pains before this but just at this moment, I felt it was all taken away by Sai. I am sorry if it is

too lengthy but I can’t stop writing His leelas. We will continue with these wonderful Experiences of Sai in the Next issue. Sai Ram. To be continued... --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. The story of the bird with the two necks Once upon a time there lived a special kind of bird which had two necks and shared a common stomach. . One day, one of the heads found a jar of nectar and on seeing this other head also wanted to taste the nectar but the first neck refused to let it have it. Enraged, the other neck soon found a jar of poison and it consumed it. The poison reached the common stomach

and both the necks perished. . MORAL: Sharing of a good thing with others is always good. ------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:32 AM Sai Ram. Let us continue with the wonderful story of the spiritual awakening of the Madrasi Ramadasi. Sai Ram. SSS: After awakening he began to think seriously about the dream-vision. His mental attitude was completely changed and he realized the greatness of Baba. After this, his grabbing and doubting tendencies disappeared and true

devotion to Baba's Feet sprang in his mind. The vision was a mere dream, but the questions and answers therein were most significant and interesting. Next morning when all the persons assembled in the Dwarakamayi for the Arati, Baba gave him as prasad two rupees' worth sweetmeats and also two rupees from His pocket and blessed him. He made him stay there for a few more days and gave him His blessing, saying," God will give you plenty and He will do you all good". He did not get more money there, but he got far better things viz. Baba's blessing which stood him in good stead all along. The party got plenty of money afterwards and their pilgrimage was successful as they had not to suffer any trouble or inconvenience during their journey. They all returned home safe and sound, thinking of Baba's words and blessings and the Anand (Bliss) they experienced by His grace. This story illustrates one of the methods, which Baba followed (and is following even now) in some cases to improve and reform His devotees. SSG: Sai Ram. Not only was the man spiritually awakened, but his getting the blessings of Sadguru Sai helped him lead a comfortable worldly life. Thus, it is clear that the blessings of Sadguru will help a Sadhaka in all planes, material as well as spiritual. Even though one approaches God / Guru with materialistic desires initially, the contact with the Divine benefits the Sadhaka in all respects. Baba used to tell some of

His devotees, who were objecting to others coming to Sai with materialistic desires, that no one can come to Him unless He wills it, and that He is pulling them with a promise of fulfilling their materialistic desires so that He can also awaken them spiritually and lead them to the Nishkama stage, where they are free of desires. Sai Ram. this wonderful story is one of the many examples of Baba's grace working such transformational wonders on the minds of those, who are drawn to Him. Sai Ram. His Servant, S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews To be continued... ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: Kalemama's meeting with Sadguru Sai Baba - By Niket Kale Kalemama or Ramchandra

Bapuji Kale was born in Kolhapur, a city of Maratha Rulers. His father Bapuji Kale was a Minister in the personal court of Maharaja of Kolhapur. Kalemama, born in such an influential family, of links with the Royal families of Kolhapur, was ought to receive the best during his childhood and youth and he was sent to Bombay to graduate in the faculty of Civil Engineering. It was during the British rule in India, holding a graduation degree in Engineering was a promising career, and alike the expectations Kalemama later served as Chief Executive Officer of the Kolhapur Municipal Corporation, also as Secretary of Dhule Municipal Corporation, State Engineer at Akkalkot Sansthan and many a few other places until he met Meher Baba and came to Meherabad for a final stay, which lasted until the

16th of September 1954, when he rested in peace. Kalemama met Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, which changed the course of his life. After Sai Baba dropped His physical body in 1918, Kalemama met Meher Baba at Ahmednagar in 1926 and his solitary life ended at Meher Baba's feet as his wife Mrs. Janki, or more often referred as Mrs. Kalemama had already passed away in 1932, at Meherabad. Meher Baba had included her name in the list of 120 dear departed souls whom He paid a homage, as a token of love and gratitude. It was a gesture of love for their surrender and unquestionably holding faith in Meher Baba, during the hilly walks of life. It was on the

16th of September 1954 that Kalemama passed away at Meherabad, Kalemama's son Murli was staying at Jabalpur, to practice Homeopathy, as permitted by Meher Baba. Kalemama had a well settled family. One of the Kalemama's daughter's was married to Dr. Bhadbhade of Indore and another was married to Rao Saheb Pandit, an Eminent Educationist and founder of the "Sanjeevan Vidhyalaya" at Panchgani, an institution that has now gained paramount

importance in the field of imparting education in various faculties. Murli's elder brother Shreedhar or more frequently called Babu was also at Panchgani and Babu's wife Nirmala was Matron of Central Jail Jabalpur. Kalemama was one of those very rare and fortunate persons who had the opportunity to meet Shri Sadguru Sai Baba, Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj and Shri Sadguru Upasni Maharaj. It was during the years 1908 to 1909, Kalemama was supervising the construction work of Burhanpur Tapti Mill at Burhanpur. The site was close to the Railway station and one day one of his friends informed Kalemama that Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj was going to Khandwa that day and would be boarding the train from the Burhanpur Railway station. Kalemama with his friends went to

the Station and had Sadguru Narayan Maharaj's darshan. Later from April 1910 to May 1911 Kalemama was appointed Secretary of Pandharpur Municipal Corporation. And during this time, the glory of Sai Baba, had spread throughout Maharastra and many a Govt. officers and learned persons were devoted to Him. At Pandharpur Mr. Rale and Mr. Patwardhan were disciples of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba. They requested Kalemama to come to Shirdi for Sai Baba's darshan. The above three along with Justice Hatyangadi of Pandharpur made their way to Shirdi and met Sai Baba and attended the two days function during last week of December 1910. At Shirdi some Govt. Officers and some of the prominent solicitors of Bombay had also come to attend the gathering, as during the winter vacations it was convenient to make a pleasure trip, for the families. Until Sai Baba's darshan Kalemama had never heard of Shirdi and he felt very happy to attend the function at the place. To be continued... ---------------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: gouripm_hyd On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM SaiRam, Your E-magazine is excellent. While reading it, I enjoyed immensely. May lord Sai bless you and your team. PAPPU. ----------------- Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai E- Magazine†in the 3d page turning New FORMAT vinod_51286 On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM JaiSaiRam, Very good website http://www.saidarbar.org and E-magazine “The Glory of Shirdi Saiâ€. Vinod --------- jyotish23 On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:23 PM JaiSaiRam, This is wonderful. God blesses us. Thanks. ----------- vdk008 On

Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:11 AM Jai Sainath, Really Excellent made 3d page turning E-magazine “The Glory of Shirdi Saiâ€. Vijay Khandekar ----------- 717vijaykhanna On Fri, Jul 18,

2008 at 12:00 PM JaiSaiRam, Very good website and E-magazine, keep it up. Vijay khanna ---------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShirdiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol III Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004. ------------- Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol III Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004. --------------------- Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol IV Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004. -------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. Even though one approaches God / Guru with materialistic desires initially, the contact with the Divine benefits Sadhaka in all respects. Sai devotee Shivalin’s experience once again proves that unshaken faith and patience are rewarded suitably towards the end. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to ‘The Glory of Shirdi Sai’ they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma. If you don’t want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line ‘REMOVE FROM

MAILING LIST’. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar – Hyderabad - India. -------------

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

hemalathji,

immense thanks.

only way to control 'mind' is to seek its origin & then it will take a flight. immense thanks.

what is absent (truth) will appear when what is now present (false/ego) disappears- this is because we are running away (from truth) by running after ( false).

ever yours,

sai.

Hemalatha Ganti <hema_gantiAngels_of_Light ; bangalorebrahmanarasangha ; bayIndian ; bramhandnayakaCc: desi_ny ; DREAMBIG_INDIANS_IN_USA ; holydiscoveries ; Nisargadatta ; nriclub Sent: Thursday, 14 August, 2008 5:03:23 AM The Glory of Shirdi Sai - issue 17-2008 - from Saidarbar.

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAISixth Year of PublicationPublished as Bi-WeeklyIssue 17/ 200814-08-2008

------------ --------- ------One World One Family.Vasudhaika Kutumbam

Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi!(Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to All)

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT

http://ettitudemedi a.com/loadbook. php?BookName= EMagazineCurrent

GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA;

GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA:

Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaib abasansthan. org/onlinedarsha n.asp------------ --------- --------THIS ISSUE CONTAINS:

1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI

2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE3. SAI IN DREAMS4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA

6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES7. SAI WITH CHILDREN8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES11. TELUGU SECTION12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD13. EDITORIAL.

------------ --------- --------- -1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI

http://saibanisa. blogspot. com/

Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji

SEARCH FOR TRUTH

To attain perfect mind control is a most difficult thing. Those who seek Enlightenment must first rid themselves of the fire of all desires. Desire is a raging fire, and one seeking Enlightenment must avoid the fire of desire as a man carrying a load of hay avoids sparks.

But it would be foolish for a man to put out his eyes for fear of being tempted by beautiful forms. The mind is master and if the mind is under control, the weaker desires will disappear.

It is difficult to follow the way to Enlightenment, but it is more difficult if people have no mind to seek such a way. Without Enlightenment, there is endless suffering in this world of life and death.

When a man seeks the way to Enlightenment it is like an ox carrying a heavy load through a filed of mud. If the ox tries to do its best without paying attention to other things, it can overcome the mud and take a rest. Just so, if the mind is controlled and kept on the right path, there will be no mud of greed to hinder it and all its sufferings will disappear.

Those who seek the path to Enlightenment must first remove all egoistic pride and be humbly willing to accept the light of Sai’s teachings. All the treasures of the world, all its gold and silver and honors, are not to be compared with wisdom and virtue.

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.

The Sai’s teaching, which tells people how to eliminate greed, anger and foolishness, it is a good teaching and those who follow it attain the happiness of a good life.

Compiled by:

Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad.

To be continued--- ----

------------ --------- --2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE:

August 1918: BABA offered Hemadri Pant a glass of buttermilk and said, “Drink it all, you won't get such opportunity again.

August 1929: Composer of "SAGUNOPASANA" Arati Book, Shri K.A.Bhishma passed away at Mohra in Nagpur District.

August 1982: Swami SaiSharananandaji (WamanRao Patel) passed away at Ahmedabad (Aged 93 years).

August 1984: Administration of SHIRDI SAMSTHAN handed over to the Board of Trustees by the court and Executive officer appointed for day to day administration.

------------ --------- --------- --

3. SAI IN DREAMS

http://www.ettitude media.com

These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS.Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY.JANUARY-1996

25-01-1996

Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of priest and passed on advice and suggestions for the House warming and inaugural ceremony of Saidarbar slated to take place on 26-01-1996.

1. To begin with, worship Lord Ganesha made out of Turmeric.

2. Have respect age-old traditions.

3. Saidarbar should be the mixture of old and new.

4. Sanctify with water from the river Ganga.

5. Store water for me to drink in a container.

6. Throughout the night, light a kerosene lamp

7. After conducting the first Saidarbar, serve food to all the laborers engaged for construction of Saidarbar.

8. After retirement from service, cleanse yourself from all the Accumulated dirt in your life and opt for leading a pious Life.

There should be a sea change in the outlook having opted for conducting Saidarbar.

29-01-1996

Yesterday, Sai appeared in the form of an old lady and said-

You have formally inaugurated Saidarbar on 26-01-1996; better remember the duties to be performed from now onwards.

1. For those seeking mental rest, speak a few good words of solace.

2. Show a good path for those gone astray.

3. Advocate Saibandhus to get rid off the vengeances.

4. Welcome all visitors without ego.

5. Do not discriminate people entering darbar.

6. Educate visitors on their duties and what is ultimate.

7. Always wear a white dress.

Simple living and high thinking should get reflected in every sphere of life.

30-01-1996

My mind was pre-occupied with thoughts about love for the kith and kin and excessive attachment towards wife and children. Sai appeared in the form of an unknown person and said-

Let TIME be the only binding factor. Fulfill all your moral and social responsibilities well in time unmindful of all other factors. But do not get entangled with more and more people in that process.

Time is precious and priceless.

To be continued--- ---------------- --------- --------

4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) ‘Shashi’: shashi_31 32. Significance of Meditation

Significance of colors seen in Meditation.

Red, White, Black, Blue and finally Saffron colours will be seen in meditation. These colors represent the nature of the body.

Red Color: The stage of red aura in meditation is the gross body. As the red stage progresses, the body gradually becomes thinner and thinner. Fat will be reduced. Sometimes Prana would flow very quickly along with the nerves of the lower part of our back. Sometimes neck moves so vigorously making loud sound. This is Hatha Yoga process, affected by the Goddess Kundalini, in order to go up thru the spinal cord into the Sahasra. Sometimes when our neck rotates, our chin would get in the jugular notch below the throat. This is called ‘Jalandara Bandha’. When this takes place, the anus would be automatically drawn in and then released. ‘Rakteswari’ is the Goddess of Red-Aura.

White Color: It is extremely beautiful. When we see this light, we get an unusual kind of sleep in meditation. ‘Shivatiswari’ is the Goddess of white flame. It is of thumb size. The subtle body which shaped like a thumb is the means by which the individual soul experiences the dream state and enjoys some rest. It supports the gross or the physical body. It represents the letter ‘U’, the second letter of ‘AUM’. The individual soul in this body is called ‘Tai Jasa’. Its seat is in the throat and white flame may be seen there in the vision.

To be continued…...------------ --------- --------

5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA

Reshape yourself through the power of your will; never let yourself be degraded by self-will. The will is the only friend of the Self, and the will is the only enemy of the Self.

-Bhagavad Gita 6:5

Perennial joy or passing pleasure? This is the choice one is to make always.

The wise recognize these two, but not the ignorant. The first welcome what leads to abiding joy, though painful at the time. The latter run, goaded by their senses, after what seems immediate pleasure.

-Katha Upanishad

NEWS

Chilkur Balaji Temple Devotees Worship for Visas

Source: http://www.newindpr ess.com/sunday/ sundayitems. asp?id=SEG200807 26070825 & eTitle=Spotlight & rLink=0

HYDERABAD, INDIA, July 28, 2008: The official residence of the “Visa Godâ€, Chilkur Balaji, is in the little village of Chilkur — tucked away in the southwest corner of Hyderabad and flanked by Osmansagar and a national forest, Mrugavani. “You need to complete 11 pradakshinas with folded hands and nothing but the Lord in your heart. At the end, close your eyes and make the wish to Kaliyuga Devam (Lord of Kaliyuga), Balaji, and rest assured your wish will be granted,†explains an Archaka to a first-timer. But the visa comes with a rider. “Once your wish is granted, you should come back to the temple and this time 108 Pradakshinas should be completed as a mark of your gratitude,†adds the Archaka.

Prayers for visas began in the early 1990’s when engineering students from nearby colleges came to the temple seeking divine help to receive their visas to study abroad. The chief priest of the temple, C. S. Gopalakrishna, suggested this practice of Pradakshinas, which has become standard practice for visa-aspiring devotees.

NEWS FROM SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD

Now all the works of Saibanisaji (translated into English Language by Sai Sevak Sri RaghuRaman Satulury) are available in one place in the web blog:

http://saibanisa. blogspot. com/

Saidevotees may kindly visit the above blog, read the articles and give your valuable comments in the “Guest Bookâ€.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES:

shivalin_82@ .co. in

Thu, July 24, 2008 11:49 am

Sai Devotees,

SaiRam, I am happy to share following Experiences of Sai with you all.

Experience 1:

Needless to say I am a staunch devotee of Baba. In fact though I believed in Baba, my faith grew stronger only recently. I speak my heart out only to him and I started feeling that he is with me and is listening to my prayers.

Initially I just felt that how can such thing happen to a normal person like me. But he kept proving it to me that it is only through his grace that things were accomplished. Any small desire of mine was taken care of him. Whenever I went to Baba’s temple, I always had a colour in my mind and always tested him saying he should wear that colour if he is omniscient. And to my joy, always found him in what I wanted. It could be as simple as me wanting to get a particular prasad and when my turn comes they start distributing the Prasad which I wanted. I kept thinking it might be just mere co-incidence until some point. But later, I gave up and starting believing that Baba can show miracles to me too and to a common person like me. He is with me now. I talk to him, fight with him, cry and shout at him too at times. I slowly started devoting most of my time to Sai. Then, I involved myself in

Satcharita. I can’t explain how much peace I got reading his Leelas.

I used to feel as if I was in some other world altogether. I gave up eating non-veg and started reading. I did two saptaahs and one normal reading. At the end of one Saptaah, the last one in fact, I wished that Sai should come home. It was at the same time where I was reading the other leelas through the Saidarbar devotees page. I read couple of miracles in which Sai came home to see the devotee and accept the prasad. I also had a desire to see him. I had not planned up anything as such but my friend, who is also a Sai devotee got me pooran polis, which is Baba’s one of the favorite food. She got it for my parents but my inner soul said I should keep it for Baba for his naivedya.

I did so the next morning. After I finished reading the last chapter, I kept the pooran polis in front of Baba and also lit the ghee deepa. I informed at home that if some old or disabled person comes home, he should be given this to eat. I am still new to all this and I am learning how to offer prayers too. So, I did not open the cover and kept it without opening it. Then, my mom came and told me to take it out and offer it. When she was taking it out, it seemed as if two pooran polis were attached, as if Baba wanted two instead of one. So, mom kept it in front of him. I had decided not to partake anything until I get Sai’s darshan. I waited very eagerly. I live in a place where you can hardly find any one coming to your door and asking for food. My mom asked me to give up and asked me to carry it and give it near temple as we were going to one. But I was stubborn enough to agree upon that. I

said he has to come home to see me and bless us; I will not go searching for him. I wanted him to come to our doorstep and bless our home too. I waited and kept waiting. I kept looking at the photo talking to him.

I went out looking for him. Then, desire arose in my mind that when I am going to temple, if I find an old person, let me give him money first and also tell him to come home and accept the naivedya. Thinking that I took out the money from my wallet and me and mom stepped out of the house. Baba knew how stubborn I was, for he made up his mind to visit me. As soon as I stepped out of the house, I saw a disabled man holding a stick with an elderly woman. I had never seen them before nor they looked to be begging for anything. They just approached 2 people on the footpath and looked at them as if to see if they could help. Felt may be they did this to show me that they were the ones I was waiting for.

The moment I saw them, I felt that Sai had come in this form. I remembered reading that Sai loves to feed the disabled people. I ran out of joy to get the naivedya and also the money in my hand. I offered both to two of them who were at my doorstep. That person kept looking at me and I could feel that glow on his face and knew for sure that it’s my Sai. He smiled at me which I still can’t forget. Then he lifted his left hand and bowed at me as if thanking me for the offering since his right hand was handicapped. I was filled with tears. It was all so quick. We had to go to the temple and mom was hurrying me up but I kept staring at that person thinking is this my Sai, would he come all the way to meet this simple devotee. It was unbelievable.

After this, I didn’t see them going to any houses to beg but just saw them going to the next lane. I was wonderstruck. I still did not know what was happening. All I remember was as soon as I gave the food to Sai, it was as if my burden was taken away and I was relieved from all the tensions. I had headache and body pains before this but just at this moment, I felt it was all taken away by Sai. I am sorry if it is too lengthy but I can’t stop writing His leelas.

We will continue with these wonderful Experiences of Sai in the Next issue. Sai Ram.

To be continued...

------------ ---

7. SAI WITH CHILDREN:

http://www.saidarba r.org/HTML/ portraits/ 7.jpgSmt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad.Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood.

The story of the bird with the two necks

Once upon a time there lived a special kind of bird which had two necks and shared a common stomach.

One day, one of the heads found a jar of nectar and on seeing this other head also wanted to taste the nectar but the first neck refused to let it have it. Enraged, the other neck soon found a jar of poison and it consumed it. The poison reached the common stomach and both the necks perished.

MORAL: Sharing of a good thing with others is always good.

------------ --------- --------- --------- ------8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA

swamymain

Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Sai Ram. Let us continue with the wonderful story of the spiritual awakening of the Madrasi Ramadasi. Sai Ram.

SSS: After awakening he began to think seriously about the dream-vision. His mental attitude was completely changed and he realized the greatness of Baba. After this, his grabbing and doubting tendencies disappeared and true devotion to Baba's Feet sprang in his mind. The vision was a mere dream, but the questions and answers therein were most significant and interesting. Next morning when all the persons assembled in the Dwarakamayi for the Arati, Baba gave him as prasad two rupees' worth sweetmeats and also two rupees from His pocket and blessed him. He made him stay there for a few more days and gave him His blessing, saying," God will give you plenty and He will do you all good". He did not get more money there, but he got far better things viz. Baba's blessing which stood him in good stead all along. The party got plenty of money afterwards and their pilgrimage was

successful as they had not to suffer any trouble or inconvenience during their journey. They all returned home safe and sound, thinking of Baba's words and blessings and the Anand (Bliss) they experienced by His grace.

This story illustrates one of the methods, which Baba followed (and is following even now) in some cases to improve and reform His devotees.

SSG: Sai Ram. Not only was the man spiritually awakened, but his getting the blessings of Sadguru Sai helped him lead a comfortable worldly life. Thus, it is clear that the blessings of Sadguru will help a Sadhaka in all planes, material as well as spiritual. Even though one approaches God / Guru with materialistic desires initially, the contact with the Divine benefits the Sadhaka in all respects. Baba used to tell some of His devotees, who were objecting to others coming to Sai with materialistic desires, that no one can come to Him unless He wills it, and that He is pulling them with a promise of fulfilling their materialistic desires so that He can also awaken them spiritually and lead them to the Nishkama stage, where they are free of desires. Sai Ram. this wonderful story is one of the many examples of Baba's grace working such transformational wonders on the minds of

those, who are drawn to Him. Sai Ram.

His Servant,

S.V.SwamyAuthor, Editor and Book Reviewerwww.freewebs. com/swamyreviewsTo be continued...------------ -

9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES:

Kalemama's meeting with Sadguru Sai Baba - By Niket Kale

Kalemama or Ramchandra Bapuji Kale was born in Kolhapur, a city of Maratha Rulers. His father Bapuji Kale was a Minister in the personal court of Maharaja of Kolhapur. Kalemama, born in such an influential family, of links with the Royal families of Kolhapur, was ought to receive the best during his childhood

and youth and he was sent to Bombay to graduate in the faculty of Civil Engineering.

It was during the British rule in India, holding a graduation degree in Engineering was a promising career, and alike the expectations Kalemama later served as Chief Executive Officer of the Kolhapur Municipal Corporation, also as Secretary of Dhule Municipal Corporation, State Engineer at Akkalkot Sansthan and many a few other places until he met Meher Baba and came to Meherabad for a final stay, which lasted until the 16th of September 1954, when he rested in peace.

Kalemama met Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, which changed the course of his life. After Sai Baba dropped His physical body in 1918, Kalemama met Meher Baba at Ahmednagar in 1926 and his solitary life ended at Meher Baba's feet as his wife Mrs. Janki, or more often referred as Mrs. Kalemama had already passed away in 1932, at Meherabad. Meher Baba had included her name in the list of 120 dear departed souls whom He paid a homage, as a token of love and gratitude. It was a gesture of love for their surrender and unquestionably holding faith in Meher Baba, during the hilly walks of life. It was on the 16th of September 1954 that Kalemama passed away at Meherabad, Kalemama's son Murli was staying at Jabalpur, to practice Homeopathy, as permitted by Meher Baba.

Kalemama had a well settled family. One of the Kalemama's daughter's was married to Dr. Bhadbhade of Indore and another was married to Rao Saheb Pandit, an Eminent Educationist and founder of the "Sanjeevan Vidhyalaya" at Panchgani, an institution that has now gained paramount importance in the field of imparting education in various faculties. Murli's elder brother Shreedhar or more frequently called Babu was also at Panchgani and Babu's wife Nirmala was Matron of Central Jail Jabalpur. Kalemama was one of those very rare and fortunate persons who had the opportunity to meet Shri Sadguru Sai Baba, Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj and Shri Sadguru Upasni Maharaj. It was during the years 1908 to 1909, Kalemama was supervising the construction work of Burhanpur Tapti Mill at Burhanpur.

The site was close to the Railway station and one day one of his friends informed Kalemama that Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj was going to Khandwa that day and would be boarding the train from the Burhanpur Railway station. Kalemama with his friends went to the Station and had Sadguru Narayan Maharaj's darshan. Later from April 1910 to May 1911 Kalemama was appointed Secretary of Pandharpur Municipal Corporation. And during this time, the glory of Sai Baba, had spread throughout Maharastra and many a Govt. officers and learned persons were devoted to Him.

At Pandharpur Mr. Rale and Mr. Patwardhan were disciples of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba. They requested Kalemama to come to Shirdi for Sai Baba's darshan. The above three along with Justice Hatyangadi of Pandharpur made their way to Shirdi and met Sai Baba and attended the two days function during last week of December 1910. At Shirdi some Govt. Officers and some of the prominent solicitors of Bombay had also come to attend the gathering, as during the winter vacations it was convenient to make a pleasure trip, for the families. Until Sai Baba's darshan Kalemama had never heard of Shirdi and he felt very happy to attend the function at the place.

To be continued...------------ --------- -------

10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES:

gouripm_hyd@ dataone.in

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM

SaiRam, Your E-magazine is excellent. While reading it, I enjoyed immensely.

May lord Sai bless you and your team.

PAPPU. ------------ -----

Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai E- Magazine†in the 3d page turning New FORMAT

vinod_51286@ .co. in

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

JaiSaiRam,

Very good website http://www.saidarba r.org and E-magazine “The Glory of Shirdi Saiâ€.

Vinod

---------

jyotish23 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:23 PM

JaiSaiRam,

This is wonderful. God blesses us.Thanks.

-----------

vdk008 (AT) (DOT) co.in

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Jai Sainath,

Really Excellent made 3d page turning E-magazine “The Glory of Shirdi Saiâ€.

Vijay Khandekar

-----------

717vijaykhanna@ gmail.comOn Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM

JaiSaiRam,

Very good website and E-magazine, keep it up.

Vijay khanna

----------

You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web pagehttp://ettitudemedi a.com/loadbook. php?BookName= EMagazineCurrent------------ --------- --------- ---

11. TELUGU SECTION:

Please visit: http://www.telugubh akti.com/ telugupages/ Misc/ShirdiSai/ shirdisai. htmPlease visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaibabasansthan .org/main_ English/saibaba/ saibaba_aarti. asp------------ --------- --------- -

FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar (AT) gmail (DOT) com------------ --------- --------

12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol III

Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji

All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004.

------------ -Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol III

------------ ---------Title: Life of Sai Baba - Vol IV

------------ --------- --------- --------- --

Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar (AT) gmail (DOT) com Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only.Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned.------------ --------- 13. EDITORIAL:

Things impressed me from this magazine:

To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.

Even though one approaches God / Guru with materialistic desires initially, the contact with the Divine benefits Sadhaka in all respects.

Sai devotee Shivalin’s experience once again proves that unshaken faith and patience are rewarded suitably towards the end.

Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to ‘The Glory of Shirdi Sai’ they may be address their contributions to E-mail id:saidarbar (AT) gmail (DOT) com We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice.

You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarba r.orgAlso read the old issues from: http://www.saidarba r.org/glory. htmIf you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same.Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published.This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma.If you don’t want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line ‘REMOVE FROM

MAILING LIST’.Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar – Hyderabad - India.

------------ --------- --------- --------- -------

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.