IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - issue 19-2008 - from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 19/ 2008 11-09-2008 --------------------------- One World One Family. Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to

All) ----------------------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia..com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaiBabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji SEARCH FOR TRUTH Once there was a young woman named Kousalya, the wife of wealthy man, who lost her mental balance because of the death of her child. She took the dead child in her arms and went from house to house begging people to heal the child. Of course, they could do nothing for her, but finally a follower of Sai, advised her to see Baba, who was then staying in Rahata. She carried the dead child to Baba. Baba, looked upon her with sympathy and said: "To heal the child I need some poppy seeds, go and beg four or five poppy seeds from some house or other where death has never occurred." So the woman went out and sought a house where death had never entered, but in vain. At last, she was obliged to return to Sai. In his quiet presence, her mind cleared and she understood the meaning of his words. She took the body away and buried it. She then returned to Shirdi and became one of His disciples. Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. To be continued------- ----------------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: September 9,

1918: Dasa Ganu wrote “Sri Sai Sthvana Manjari" at Maheswaram on the banks of the river Narmada. September 28, 1918: Nathpanth Saint Rama Maruthi of Kalyan passed away. September

29, 1952: “Kalash" of gold was fixed on the spire of Samadhi Mandhir. -------------------------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. FEBRUARY-1996 14-02-1996 Sai appeared as one of my well-wishers whom I vaguely recollect to have

seen sometime earlier. He was clad in a white kurtha and pyjama and advised: 1. I shall take you to be my follower provided you shed the Inner ego, talk free and mix freely even with an enemy. 2. Feel satisfied and be grateful towards the God for whatever is bestowed, while comparing with he lesser Privileged. 3. Extend a

helping hand to a weak person. 4. Real service to me is when you serve food to the hungry. 5. Absorb my philosophy and write a book and I shall do the required publicity. Shed the inner ego and practice equality, rest shall follow. 20-02-1996 Sai appeared as an unknown person and advocated the minimum duties to be performed as a human being: 1. Believe in truth and be truthful 2. The institution of marriage is supreme. Observe sincerity and be loyal. 3. Never enter into conflict with others. 4. Do not waste money. Use it for good and noble causes. 5. Avoid unnecessary travel. 6. Gradually reduce attachments. 7. Serve food to the needy and hungry. Conduct should be such as to fulfill all moral and social obligations. To be continued------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) 'Shashi': shashi_31 32. Significance of Meditation Who do we say that our

Meditation is Pure and Free from thoughts? Our meditation becomes pure, if it becomes free from thought. For example, when our meditation is fixed on the Blue Color, the mind becomes permeated by it and in fact; we temporarily lose consciousness of our Self. We became oblivious of the inner and outer worlds. Objects are not seen when there is no one to see them. In that state, there is neither happiness nor sorrow, nor ignorance, neither perceiver nor perceived. Only the pure Paramatma, the Supreme Self, remains pulsating in His own being. It is an unwavering, thought free, tranquil condition. It is the

goal of our meditation. If we stay in this state for a short time, and then, we begin to come out of meditation, we go from 'Turiya State'. Afterwards, in Turiya, no matter what happens, we will retain the realization of transcendental state Turyiata. To be continued…... ----------------------------- 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA Baba given Darshan as a beggar to Shri Kakasaheb Dixit On one evening Shri Kakasaheb Dixit was returning from his office. A strong, young and able bodied beggar came and begged him. On seeing his face, he was convinced and gave some coins in his hands. After the receipt of the money, he went away laughing without asking anything from any body. Dixit seen him off till he disappeared. Dixit started to Shirdi on the day, when he met Baba in Shirdi, he enquired Him about the matter. Baba replied "Yes". I verily came to you in that disguise. Dixit was so much pleased on hearing this. Baba given Dashan as his Ishta daivam to Shri Sadashiv Joshi Shri Vasudeo Sadashiv Joshi of Sitharam Co., accompanied by Shri Chidambara Rao Keshav Gadge patil went to Shirdi to have Baba's darshan. They stayed in Sathe's wada. Arati was being done to Baba's photo in Sathe's wada and Shri Vasudeo Sadadhiv Joshi also attended the Aarati. For him Baba has given darshan as Narasimha Murthy in the photo. He got this kind of darshan during the three consecutive days. On one day, both of them went to Baba for darshan and the latter gave them Prasadam. They felt that the prasadam was insufficient to distribute to their men in the native place. Then Baba gave Re. 0-8-0 to them and directed them to by Prasadam in any shop in Shirdi and take it with them and added that any Prasad purchased in Shirdi is His Prasad. On another occasion, Baba gave them burfi Prasad. As it is very tasty, they wanted more and they went to the shop to buy some more of it. Baba called them back and told that three baskets of Prasad was there, take two mounds from them. They went away to their place with Baba's Udi and Prasad. After some days, Shri Joshi sent his friend with Rs.10/- as dakshina to

Baba and requested him to take Baba's photo and return with Baba's Udi and Prasad. His friend went to Shirdi, offered Rs.10/- as dakshina to Baba and kept silent as he had no courage to take the photo of Baba. Baba, knowing this, He Himself asked Him to take His photo as requested by Joshi. Then he took one Baba's photo in sitting posture and one in standing posture. Baba has ordered him that the photos should not be sold in excess rate; they should sell only at reasonable rate and gave him permission to go with His Udi and Prasad. Baba had fulfilled the desires of His devotees. To be continued…... --- NEWS FROM SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD Now all the works of Saibanisaji (translated into English Language by Sai Sevak Sri RaghuRaman Satulury) are available in one place in the web blog: http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Saidevotees may kindly visit the above blog, read the articles and give your valuable comments in the "Guest Book". ------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: shivalin_82 Thu, July 24, 2008 11:49 am Sai Devotees, SaiRam, I am happy to share following Experiences of Sai with you all. Experience 3: At the end, I would like to share another leela of Sai due to which I am writing today. I always read the stories on this page but I had never made up my mind to write it. It was just yesterday when my very dear one hurt me through a message. It was not his mistake though but I was hurt very badly that I cried so much in front of Sai's picture. I spoke to him a lot and asked him why this was happening with me. I started relating things and almost felt very dejected.

Then I made up my mind to read his leelas on Saidarbar page for a while because I knew only this could change my mood. Most of the stories I read spoke about having faith and patience. I felt that it was Baba's message to me. I kept reading it and I was so lost in it. I made up my mind to finish reading all the stories at once today and after I finish reading if the same person messages or calls me and makes me feel better, I will write the miracles which have happened with me. I finished reading in the afternoon and went back to sleep. Then I have a neighbouring kid who is called Sham. But he always calls himself Shama. He came home when I was sleeping and asked mom to wake me up. I love playing with him. Even mom knew that I was upset. I don't know what made her say this but she said

…. See Baba has come through him to you to make you feel better. After she told me, I don't know why, but I felt that the kid was behaving different than the usual. He first told mom, wake her up – tell her that I have come. I woke up. Mom got food for me and then he dint let me eat till he tasted a bit. He did that with everything I was eating. Then I kept feeling oh may be Baba wants me to offer it to him before my taking it. Then he was having a particular snack and there were groundnuts in it. I love the fried groundnuts in it. I have never discussed it with him for he is too small to understand. He took out all the ground nuts, gave to me and asked me to have them. I was shocked. I kept looking at him with a blank face and had them. He took care of me so much; he kept telling mom why you are giving her rice, give her dosa. I like dosa too. It seemed as if he knew everything. Then, he all of a sudden looked at the Baba idol and said what your Baba is sitting like this with his legs crossed and started making fun of me. I felt may be Baba did that to check how I would react. I was quite rude to him when he did that and he playfully kept pulling my leg. I did not know how time passed and I had to get ready to office. Mom kept saying it is Baba who has come through him and I also strongly believe so. I did not know how to treat that kid. I did not know if I had to play with him or take his blessings. I am so thankful to him for he realized that I was upset and made sure he spent time with me and changed my mood. I have no words to describe about him. I just feel like gazing at his picture for hours

together and keep talking to him. I almost forgot about my resolution as I knew it was merely impossible. But I still knew that nothing is impossible for my Sai. My friend was very busy and was out of town and I knew he really did not have any time to think about anything. I was at my workplace and suddenly happened to look at the Baba's photo. There are only Baba's pictures and idols on my desk. When I looked at one of the pictures which I admire a lot. I suddenly remembered that I had to wait for a message or call from my friend. I happened to look at the phone and I see a message. I did not even realize that my phone beeped until I looked at

Baba's picture. I was wonder stuck to see it is my friend. I felt that Baba gave an indication to look at the phone. Then I read the message. This is how it started ' This message has come all the way to make you smile….' My joy knew no bounds. I had tears in my eyes looking at Baba. He did exactly what I was looking for. I felt sorry for him that I keep asking him so many things and demanding them with conditions and he fulfilled so patiently. I felt like hugging Baba and crying. It might look very small for few but I can’t express what I went through. Since Baba had finished his duty, it was my responsibility to write about his leelas as per my resolution. Hope u guys enjoyed reading it. If Baba wishes, he will make me write more too. I just want him to be with me always and guide me. Me and my other two very dear ones need his grace and blessings very badly. I know he is with us, I just pray that he continues to shower his blessings on us. Let peace be with all – BOW TO SRI SAI – SAI RAM. --------------- 7. SAI

WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. Lord

Krishna and the Lapwing's Nest It was the battle of Kurukshetra. The white conch shells were about to sound, the elephants to march forward, and the attack of the archers to commence. The moment was brief and terrible. Banners were flying, and the charioteers preparing for the advance. Suddenly a little lapwing, who had built her nest in the turf of a hillock in the midst of the battlefield, drew the attention of the Lord Krishna by her cries of anxiety and distress for her young. "Poor little mother!" he said tenderly, "let this be thy protection!" And, lifting a great elephant-bell that had fallen near, he placed it over the lapwing's

nest. And so, through the eighteen days of raging battle that followed, a lapwing and her nestlings were kept in safety in their nest, by the mercy of the Lord, even in the midst of the raging field of Kurukshetra. ------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM Spiritual Gems from Sri Sai Satcharitra - chapter 29 SSS: (3) Captain

Hate Captain Hate, who was staying in Bikaner, was a great devotee of Baba. Once Baba appeared to him in his dream and said "Did you forget Me?" Hate then immediately held Baba's Feet and replied, "If a child forgets his mother, how could it be saved?" Then Hate went into the garden and took out fresh walpapadi vegetables, and arranging 'shidha' (ghee, wheat-flour and dal etc.) and Dakshina, was about to offer all this to Baba when he was awakened and came to know that the whole thing was a dream. Then he decided to send all these things to Baba at Shirdi. SSG: Sai Ram. Baba had His own ways of pulling His devotees to Him, either physically or more importantly mentally and spiritually. This story illustrates His pulling His devotee mentally and spiritually to Him. Sai Ram. SSS: When he came to Gwalior some days afterwards, he sent Rs.12/- by money order to a friend, with instructions that Rs. 2 should be spent in buying shidha articles and walpapadi vegetables, and those

should be offered to Baba with Rs. 10 as Dakshina. The friend went to Shirdi and purchased the things mentioned, but walpapadi was not available. SSG: From another great book, "Devotees Experiences with Sai Baba" it is learnt that the friend was none other than another great Sai devotee, Shri Kakasaheb Dixit. Sai Ram. SSS: In a short time a woman turned up with a basket on her head, which curiously enough contained the vegetables. It was purchased and then all the things were offered to Baba on behalf of Captain Hate. Mr. Nimonkar prepared the

'naivedya' (rice and walpapadi vegetables) next day and offered the same to Baba. All the people were surprised to see that Baba while dining, took and ate walpapadi, and did not touch rice and other things. Hate's joy knew no bounds when he heard of this from his friend. SSG: Sai Ram. Baba showed that the dream was not an imagination of Captain Hate and is not like other meaningless dreams that we ordinary people get. The dream was indeed a vision and Sai appeared in Hate's dream to establish the connection more firmly. Sai Ram. SSS: Consecrated Rupee At another time Captain Hate wished that he should have in his house a coin of rupee consecrated by Baba with His touch. He came across a friend who was bound for Shirdi. With him Hate sent his rupee. The friend went to Shirdi and after the usual saluation gave first his Dakshina which Baba pocketed. Then he gave Hate's rupee, which Baba took in His hand and began to stare at it. He held it in front, tossed it up with His right thumb and played with it. Then He said to the friend, "Return this to its owner with the Prasad of Udi, tell him that I want nothing from him, ask him to live in peace and contentment." The friend returned to Gwalior, handed over the consecrated rupee to Hate, and told him all that happened at Shirdi. This time Hate was much pleased and realized that Baba always encouraged good thoughts, and as he wished intently, Baba fulfilled the same accordingly. SSG: Sai Ram. Baba's words can be interpreted in two different ways. One meaning is that Baba did not want anything from Hate. Another and deeper meaning is that Baba wants Hate to be in the state of nothing (free from all attributes of good and bad). His next words tend to reinforce the second meaning. Baba is asking Hate to live in peace and contentment, which is possible only when the Sadhaka crosses the world of duality

and reaches the state of nirguna, nothing. Sai Ram. We will continue with the stories of this wonderful chapter in the coming weeks. Sai Ram. His Servant, S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews To be continued... ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: Kalemama's meeting with Sadguru Sai Baba -By Niket Kale –part 3 Kalemama felt amused over the peculiar expression of Sai Baba “You are amongst us"

and could not gather any significance from this conversations, until later discovered. It was, while pondering over the words of Sai Baba, Kalemama resumed his work and served for a few years at Akkalkote until 1917, when he left the job and decided to move to Kolhapur. While during his journey to Kolhapur he remembered that he was near to the place of Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj, and felt the immense desire to meet him. Kalemama got down at Kedgaon to meet Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj at Kedgaon-bet. Shri Sadguru Narayan Maharaj had constructed a temple of Shri Lord "Dattatreya", at Kedgaon-bet and it was supposed to be very auspicious for one, to have the opportunity to worship the deity, and wash the feet of the statue. Althought for this purpose a due permission of Shri Narayan Maharaj’s was always needed. Kalemama went to the temple and thus wishing to pray at the feet of the statue, requested Shri Narayan Maharaj to kindly permit him to perform the worship. Shri Narayan Maharaj asked Kalemama if he was a Brahmin, to which Kalemama replied in positive and told his `gotra' and `pravar'. On satisfying the Sadguru's quarries Kalemama was permitted by Shri Narayan Maharaj to wash the feet of the deity . He further stayed at the Kedgaon ashram fro one day and after this one days brake journey at Kedgaon-bet, Kalemama proceeded his journey to towards Kolhapur. Once from Ahmednagar Kalemama was to make his journey to Dhule. On remembering Sakori, as he had never had the opportunity to have Shri Sadguru Upasni Maharaj's darshan, requested Meher Baba if he was to return next morn­ing he may kindly be permitted to also go to Sakori and to have Shri Upasni Maharaj's darshan. Meher Baba was kind enough to permit him, thus Kalemama proceeded to Sakori via

Shirdi having darshan of Shri Sai Baba's Samadhi and met Shri Upasni Maharaj. To be continued... ---------------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: dhottywala Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:05 AM SaiRam, I get a deep peace of mind when I start reading Sai articles. It is the only time that I feel good and nothing else matters for me. The more I read, the hungrier I become to read more Sai Articles. Ashish. ---------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShirdiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaiBabasansthan.org/main_English/saiBaba/saiBaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: SRI SAI SAHASRANAMA ARCHANA (English Translation) Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore Chennai – 600 004. ------------- Title: Is Sai Baba Living and Helping Now Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj,

Mylapore Chennai – 600 004. --------------------- Title: Glimpses of Sai Baba Author: Pujyasri Narasimhaswamiji All India Sai Samaj, Mylapore Chennai – 600 004. -------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL:

Things impressed me from this magazine: Our meditation becomes pure on remaining thoughtless. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to 'The Glory of Shirdi Sai' they may be address their

contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request

that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma. If you don't want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line 'REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST'. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar – Hyderabad - India. -------------

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.

Nisargadatta , " cerosoul " <pedsie6 wrote:

>

> Nisargadatta , " toombaru2006 " <lastrain@> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmL-d993zJk & NR=1

>

> P: LOL! He's the goose, who puke the

> golden egg! Who would fall for such tricks?

> Shall we deny heroes and teachers to imbeciles?

> Let the blind, lead the blind. The dead, bury

> the dead.

> >

>

A guru's greatest gift is his fakery.

toombaru