IndiaDivine.org

The Seeker

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Seeker.

[ "The seeker is he who is in search of himself".Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?'After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not--body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that--nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are the limitless being." Nisargadatta Maharaj ]

" The Seeker is he who is in search of himself". Well, yes certainly; BUT is it that for which people seek? No, not for the large part here. Why not? Well, I do not really know; but it does seem to be the case that 99 percent of people are searching for what they have been told to search for, from the cradle to the grave; and they seem to believe what they have been told to believe. But that is a lie. Does an acorn have to be taught how to turn into a mighty oak or does a fish have to be taught to swim? No, it is all implicit; and a man does not have to be taught how to become a man. The first question I ever asked myself when I was three or four was WHAT AM I and from whence did I come and why? Did I think to ask that? No, it just bubbled up to the surface of daily consciousness from the depths way below that level of emanation. Did I listen to things men and schools told me? Yes, but rejected them after listening and reading. For they knew not of what they were even saying. How did I know? At that point I did not know, it was just the deepest of inner gut feelings – but it tuned out to be right.

[Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' ]

NO ! Certainly not. Ask questions about EVERYTHING you find – not just your SELF. Ask your spouse, or child, or stranger, as to why he or she is crying, etc etc, for you might be able to help. Your statement is a selfish statement and hedonistic. Moreover, you should not be asking WHO you are but rather WHAT you are, and from whence it comes and WHY it commeth. You are not a WHO. YOU have no name but Progeny. And Progeny is not a name it is a manifestation of the life force. And YOU are that Progeny. Know your SELF.

[ The 'I am' is certain ]

Certain of what? Or certainly what? I AM is axiomatic to I AM; and it is certain that it exists, and it is certain that it is not the author of its existence or the realm in which it exists. But, I AM knows not of time and space and it knows not of anything that exists in time and space. But that which it knows is the essence of all things as it dwells in the never changing realm of eternity, home, the paradise of the first primordial conscious understanding off what is it TO BE. But it knows NOTHING of BECOMING. We only learn that in time and space and mortal incarnation. Such it is found to be. TO BE is nought without the potential TO BECOME. To become in FORM as it is in Essence in Eternity. So it is found to be, and thence lived.

[To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not ]

Yes, in a way. But, on learning, remembering again what you ARE, you then simultaneously know what you are NOT. For those who have not known their SELF have known close to nothing. But those who have found their SELF have simultaneously come into the knowledge, primordial understanding, remembrance, of the deepest depths of all things extant in time and eternity. They find also the love of wisdom here on earth, but their essential SELF knows ONLY the wisdom of love. I notice that you do not use the word love. I wonder why. For it is the very essence of what your enduring SELF IS. Timeless yet ever new and evergreen. I AM does not change and evolve.

[Discover all that you are not--body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that--nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. ]

Of course they are ME, but they are not I. We here on earth are not one thing, nor two things, but we are constructed of THREE parts. We are a Trimorphic production; a trinity of levels of inner BEING. If you claim to know your SELF then you MUST know this also. For you pass through all these levels on the way home to where that SELF is. Or are you perhaps simply repeating words which you have heard yet not heard it all? If you get so much of it right then how come you have got so much of it wrong? Ask yourself that question too – and be honest. Are your words of wisdom coming from you and your experience or coming from somebody else by proxy, hearsay? One wonders.

[ The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive ]

Every child of five knows that. There is no wisdom in that. The observer observes the Observed and knows well enough that he/she is not that which they are observing, and thus implicitly they ask questions – until they are encouraged by power politics not to ask questions. That is kids stuff.

[The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only ]

No way. There is nothing wrong with words as tools for pointing. Words CAN point to what you ARE. The problem lays not with words but with some people who use them when they know of what they speak. Words are good and there is power in the word. Yes indeed, you can describe things by what they are NOT – but that is not really describing THEM is it, it is telling what they are NOT. But words can be used just as well on the telling of what things ARE, and what I AM; and describe well of the place from when I come, and why. Don't blame words for that which you do not know or understand. Look to yourself. You speak of the real SELF, the I AM; but where do you speak of what it is like where the I AM hangs out, and wherein do you describe what that realm is like? Words can be effective or they can be all hot air, depending on who is using them and what they know. Hearing is not knowing. However, words can never give a person that knowing by the experience of it. Only life can do that; and life does not use words.

[ the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are the limitless being. Nisargadatta Maharaj ]

You contradict yourself sir. Limitless being has no end. As for searching, then how do you know that it never ends? You cannot know that. It also depends on what one is searching for. I was not searching for anything – it just all came – free. Not from men, not from books, not from hearsay; but from life and living it. So, I for one came to the end of the inner journey where I found what I AM. But I came back here again and then began the even longer journey of learning how to use it and what to do with it in time and space. I did not come here to own the world, but to explore the cosmos of all that exists. As yet I know virtually nothing. But Universe – watch out, for here I come.

Thus it is sir that it seems to me that you do not know that which you speak reasonably well of. And thus I have to conclude that you only know OF IT from hearsay, not experience; and that you only know of some of it. But is this not typical of eastern guru's :- )))) Oh I just adore guru's; for they make such a fantastic big easy target – even though they make such a packet out of Americans :- ) You can fool some folks for much of the time. But you will never fool an English barbarian Celt any of the time :- )))) Have a good life sir. Must go now, for the shires of Albion are calling. Anyway, I need a beer and cigarette now after all that :- )

Be good, but if you cant then don't get caught.

Dick Richardson.

Dick Richardson wrote:

>

> The Seeker.

>

>

>

>

> Be good, but if you cant then don't get caught.

>

>

>

> Dick Richardson.

>

>

>

>

>

> **

>

Hi Dick,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to compose your messages, I

enjoyed reading them. :)

I won't bother to reply to all your points, it would take way too long

and I don't have the energy to do that right now. However, I agree with

most of what you say and I think I may have made at least a few of those

points myself here before. Just one point then. Some times I find

lacking in the intellectually enlightened is the knowledge and necessity

for love, an important point that you touched on.

love to you sir,

tyga

ps: Too bad I quit smoking and drinking some time ago, otherwise I might

have been able to join in with your celebration. :)

Hello David,

Yes I read some of the emails here and it seemed to me that you were one of the smartest of all of them – and only 39 as yet – well done you. I would never have guessed that you upside down guys in Ozzy land would ever pack up drinking and smoking. Maybe that is why they play cricket and rugger much better than the Brits eh :- ) Oh dear it is funny innit mate :- )

However, we are born into this world with both passion and reason; and also the ability to watch, listen, observe, and learn. But, if we negate any of those implicit potentials then that part of us dies and they are not whole here. Tis like the old saying – if you do not use it then you will lose it. Emotion on its own will go around like one horse pulling a cart in a giddy circle and gets nowhere. Intellect alone is like another single horse pulling the cart and going around a circle in the opposite direction. But get both horses pulling the cart and it will go in a straight line and get somewhere. We need both passion and reason, and we have GOT to use both. But the kids don't seem to know this yet :- ))) So go tell them.

As for me I started rolling by own fags when I was four – still at it at seventy, and love it. I also love the occasional pint of English REAL Ale. Great stuff. I eat junk food and always have, and love it. I have never ever tried to pamper the body or even give a damn about it – I wash it occasionally :- ) But in that seventy years I have never been ill, never even had a headache or lost a good nights sleep. Never even had a hang-over when I perhaps should have done :- ) And there are all these frigging gurus telling me how to live my life :- ) To hell with the lot of them :- )))) Oh yeah and a pint of beer after a good romp and sex session with your lover in the fields of gold – is GREAT mate. Hell you need a fag and pint after that eh :- ) As for all these frigging Monks, well, man, they do not know what they are missing :- )

Without love pounding through my being, for all things, I would rather not exist at all. I have loved every second of seventy years; and if I drop dead today I will not give a damn – for I lived it, Knew it, and loved it. And they can stuff all their silly religions and beliefs up their arse :- )

Good luck to you Sir Knight. And don't let the bastards grind you down.

Merlin of Exmoor.Nisargadatta , tyga <tyga wrote:>> Dick Richardson wrote:> >> > The Seeker.> >> > > >> >> > Be good, but if you cant then don't get caught.> >> > > >> > Dick Richardson.> >> > > >> > > >> > **> >> Hi Dick,> > Thanks for taking the time and effort to compose your messages, I > enjoyed reading them. :)> > I won't bother to reply to all your points, it would take way too long > and I don't have the energy to do that right now. However, I agree with > most of what you say and I think I may have made at least a few of those > points myself here before. Just one point then. Some times I find > lacking in the intellectually enlightened is the knowledge and necessity > for love, an important point that you touched on.> > love to you sir,> > tyga> > ps: Too bad I quit smoking and drinking some time ago, otherwise I might > have been able to join in with your celebration. :)>

Nisargadatta , " Dick Richardson "

<somerset_2 wrote:

>

>

> Hello David,

>

>

>

> Yes I read some of the emails here and it seemed to me that you were one

> of the smartest of all of them – and only 39 as yet – well done

> you. I would never have guessed that you upside down guys in Ozzy land

> would ever pack up drinking and smoking. Maybe that is why they play

> cricket and rugger much better than the Brits eh :- ) Oh dear it is

> funny innit mate :- )

>

>

>

> However, we are born into this world with both passion and reason; and

> also the ability to watch, listen, observe, and learn. But, if we negate

> any of those implicit potentials then that part of us dies and they are

> not whole here. Tis like the old saying – if you do not use it then

> you will lose it. Emotion on its own will go around like one horse

> pulling a cart in a giddy circle and gets nowhere. Intellect alone is

> like another single horse pulling the cart and going around a circle in

> the opposite direction. But get both horses pulling the cart and it will

> go in a straight line and get somewhere. We need both passion and

> reason, and we have GOT to use both. But the kids don't seem to know

> this yet :- ))) So go tell them.

>

>

>

> As for me I started rolling by own fags when I was four – still at

> it at seventy, and love it. I also love the occasional pint of English

> REAL Ale. Great stuff. I eat junk food and always have, and love it. I

> have never ever tried to pamper the body or even give a damn about it

> – I wash it occasionally :- ) But in that seventy years I have never

> been ill, never even had a headache or lost a good nights sleep. Never

> even had a hang-over when I perhaps should have done :- ) And there are

> all these frigging gurus telling me how to live my life :- ) To hell

> with the lot of them :- )))) Oh yeah and a pint of beer after a good

> romp and sex session with your lover in the fields of gold – is

> GREAT mate. Hell you need a fag and pint after that eh :- ) As for all

> these frigging Monks, well, man, they do not know what they are missing

> :- )

>

>

>

> Without love pounding through my being, for all things, I would rather

> not exist at all. I have loved every second of seventy years; and if I

> drop dead today I will not give a damn – for I lived it, Knew it,

> and loved it. And they can stuff all their silly religions and beliefs

> up their arse :- )

>

>

>

> Good luck to you Sir Knight. And don't let the bastards grind you

> down.

>

>

>

> Merlin of Exmoor.

>

> Nisargadatta , tyga <tyga@> wrote:

> >

> > Dick Richardson wrote:

> > >

> > > The Seeker.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Be good, but if you cant then don't get caught.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dick Richardson.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > **

> > >

> > Hi Dick,

> >

> > Thanks for taking the time and effort to compose your messages, I

> > enjoyed reading them. :)

> >

> > I won't bother to reply to all your points, it would take way too long

> > and I don't have the energy to do that right now. However, I agree

> with

> > most of what you say and I think I may have made at least a few of

> those

> > points myself here before. Just one point then. Some times I find

> > lacking in the intellectually enlightened is the knowledge and

> necessity

> > for love, an important point that you touched on.

> >

> > love to you sir,

> >

> > tyga

> >

> > ps: Too bad I quit smoking and drinking some time ago, otherwise I

> might

> > have been able to join in with your celebration. :)

> >

>

Life can be so much more......vast....without a self at the center

rolling in its own scent.

toombaru

tks for the sharing....... Dick

Any story

can be told

in Hudreds of ways....

Its simply

the point of perception [ with a strong notion of presence of the "Perceiver" separate from the "Perceived" ]

The one who

recognises

story as THE STORY......

does not get bothered

about type of its expression [ in words ]

and

yet genetical likings & dislikings continues....

as Swa-bhav [ nature of the body mind apparatus ]

But

Nothing to Prove

No'one' to prove.........

Morning cheers

love n regards,

shadow

http://abideinself.blogspot.com/

Dick Richardson <somerset_2Nisargadatta Sent: Saturday, October 4, 2008 2:29:47 PM The Seeker

The Seeker.

[ "The seeker is he who is in search of himself".Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?'After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not--body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that--nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are

the limitless being." Nisargadatta Maharaj ]

" The Seeker is he who is in search of himself". Well, yes certainly; BUT is it that for which people seek? No, not for the large part here. Why not? Well, I do not really know; but it does seem to be the case that 99 percent of people are searching for what they have been told to search for, from the cradle to the grave; and they seem to believe what they have been told to believe. But that is a lie. Does an acorn have to be taught how to turn into a mighty oak or does a fish have to be taught to swim? No, it is all implicit; and a man does not have to be taught how to become a man. The first question I ever asked myself when I was three or four was WHAT AM I and from whence did I come and why? Did I think to ask that? No, it just bubbled up

to the surface of daily consciousness from the depths way below that level of emanation. Did I listen to things men and schools told me? Yes, but rejected them after listening and reading. For they knew not of what they were even saying. How did I know? At that point I did not know, it was just the deepest of inner gut feelings – but it tuned out to be right.

[Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' ]

NO ! Certainly not. Ask questions about EVERYTHING you find – not just your SELF. Ask your spouse, or child, or stranger, as to why he or she is crying, etc etc, for you might be able to help. Your statement is a selfish statement and hedonistic. Moreover, you should not be asking WHO you are but rather WHAT you are, and from whence it comes and WHY it commeth. You are not a WHO. YOU have no name but Progeny. And Progeny is not a name it is a manifestation of the life force. And YOU are that Progeny. Know your SELF.

[ The 'I am' is certain ]

Certain of what? Or certainly what? I AM is axiomatic to I AM; and it is certain that it exists, and it is certain that it is not the author of its existence or the realm in which it exists. But, I AM knows not of time and space and it knows not of anything that exists in time and space. But that which it knows is the essence of all things as it dwells in the never changing realm of eternity, home, the paradise of the first primordial conscious understanding off what is it TO BE. But it knows NOTHING of BECOMING. We only learn that in time and space and mortal incarnation. Such it is found to be. TO BE is nought without the potential TO BECOME. To become in FORM as it is in Essence in Eternity. So it is found to be, and thence lived.

[To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not ]

Yes, in a way. But, on learning, remembering again what you ARE, you then simultaneously know what you are NOT. For those who have not known their SELF have known close to nothing. But those who have found their SELF have simultaneously come into the knowledge, primordial understanding, remembrance, of the deepest depths of all things extant in time and eternity. They find also the love of wisdom here on earth, but their essential SELF knows ONLY the wisdom of love. I notice that you do not use the word love. I wonder why. For it is the very essence of what your enduring SELF IS. Timeless yet ever new and evergreen. I AM does not change and evolve.

[Discover all that you are not--body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that--nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. ]

Of course they are ME, but they are not I. We here on earth are not one thing, nor two things, but we are constructed of THREE parts. We are a Trimorphic production; a trinity of levels of inner BEING. If you claim to know your SELF then you MUST know this also. For you pass through all these levels on the way home to where that SELF is. Or are you perhaps simply repeating words which you have heard yet not heard it all? If you get so much of it right then how come you have got so much of it wrong? Ask yourself that question too – and be honest. Are your words of wisdom coming from you and your experience or coming from somebody else by proxy, hearsay? One wonders.

[ The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive ]

Every child of five knows that. There is no wisdom in that. The observer observes the Observed and knows well enough that he/she is not that which they are observing, and thus implicitly they ask questions – until they are encouraged by power politics not to ask questions. That is kids stuff.

[The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only ]

No way. There is nothing wrong with words as tools for pointing. Words CAN point to what you ARE. The problem lays not with words but with some people who use them when they know of what they speak. Words are good and there is power in the word. Yes indeed, you can describe things by what they are NOT – but that is not really describing THEM is it, it is telling what they are NOT. But words can be used just as well on the telling of what things ARE, and what I AM; and describe well of the place from when I come, and why. Don't blame words for that which you do not know or understand. Look to yourself. You speak of the real SELF, the I AM; but where do you speak of what it is like where the I AM hangs out, and wherein do you describe what that realm is like? Words can be effective or they can be all hot

air, depending on who is using them and what they know. Hearing is not knowing. However, words can never give a person that knowing by the experience of it. Only life can do that; and life does not use words.

[ the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are the limitless being. Nisargadatta Maharaj ]

You contradict yourself sir. Limitless being has no end. As for searching, then how do you know that it never ends? You cannot know that. It also depends on what one is searching for. I was not searching for anything – it just all came – free. Not from men, not from books, not from hearsay; but from life and living it. So, I for one came to the end of the inner journey where I found what I AM. But I came back here again and then began the even longer journey of learning how to use it and what to do with it in time and space. I did not come here to own the world, but to explore the cosmos of all that exists. As yet I know virtually nothing. But Universe – watch out, for here I come.

Thus it is sir that it seems to me that you do not know that which you speak reasonably well of. And thus I have to conclude that you only know OF IT from hearsay, not experience; and that you only know of some of it. But is this not typical of eastern guru's :- )))) Oh I just adore guru's; for they make such a fantastic big easy target – even though they make such a packet out of Americans :- ) You can fool some folks for much of the time. But you will never fool an English barbarian Celt any of the time :- )))) Have a good life sir. Must go now, for the shires of Albion are calling. Anyway, I need a beer and cigarette now after all that :- )

Be good, but if you cant then don't get caught.

Dick Richardson.