IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 22-2008 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 22/ 2008 23-10-2008 DIWALI SPECIAL ISSUE Saidarbar wishes all “A HAPPY

DIWALI.†------------------------ One World One Family. Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to All) ----------------------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia..com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaiBabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10.

LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji REALITY OF HUMAN LIFE People should have more sympathy for one another; they should respect one another for their good traits and help one another in their difficulties; but, instead, they are selfish and hard-hearted; they despise one another for their failings and dislike others for their advantages. These aversions generally grow worse with time, and after a while, become intolerable. These feelings of dislike do not soon end in acts of violence; yet they poison life with feelings of hatred and anger that become so deeply carved into the mind that people carry the marks into the cycle of rebirth. Truly, in this world of lust, a man is born alone and dies alone, and there is no one to share his punishment in the life after death. The law of cause and effect is universal; each man must carry his own burden of sin and must go along to its retribution. The same law of cause and effect control good deeds. A life of sympathy and kindness will result in good fortune and happiness. Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. To be continued------- ----------------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: October 16, Wednesday1918: Baba's Body was taken in procession through the Shirdi village and then interred in Buty Wada with due formalities. October 27, 1918: Baba's devotees from all over gathered and funeral rites were performed by Balasaheb Bhate with Annadhanam to poor in Shirdi. October 27, 1918: A committee was formed to manage the worship of SaiBaba's Samadhi, comprising of 15 members with Bapusahed Butty as the Chairman. October 27, 1918: Nanavalli a great but quaint and queer devotee of Baba breathed his last. October 7, 1954: A big and beautiful marble statue of SaiBaba was installed behind Baba's Samadhi by Swami Sai Sharnandji. October 19, 1956: H.H.Narasimha Swamiji passed away (Aged 82 years). -------------------------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. MARCH-1996 18-03-1996 Sai appeared in the form of an unknown person and said- 1. Why are you driving away the beggar standing with alms in front of your house fearing him to be a devil? He has come in the form of your most reverend relative, who passed away recently. Death is inevitable to everybody one day or

other. 2. It is your weakness to flirt on seeing a woman lifting her veil. Enforce strong will in lifting the veil of ignorance cast before your eyes, looking for the ‘real’. 3. What is the use when you are not even in a position to feel sorry for the boy who is injured in an accident? Can you afford to react the same way when your child is involved? The applicability of the

rulebook should be independent of individuals and circumstances. 21-03-1996 Yesterday, I got tired after hard day’s labor in the office. Back pain further aggravated my owes. How to speak in the Satsangh on 21-03-1996 was my question. Sai has taken me to a performance-taking place in Ravindra Bharati (An auditorium where all official and Government functions are

held). I was made to sit in the last row and instructed not to come on to the dais. Sai disappeared in the crowd of performers. I got up from the disturbed sleep. I realized that Sai wanted me to take the role of a participant only in the Satsangh of the day. Sai is well aware of the future events to take place. 30-03-1996 Yesterday night, Sai appeared in the form of a School teacher and said that- In the childhood, you have learnt lessons from me and now that you grown up, learn lessons from the life and lead the life in an orderly way. 1. You do not forget expressing gratitude to the person who helped in reaching your materialistic goals. Why not have the same feelings towards the creator who is constantly aiding you in every aspect from behind the screen? 2. While traversing in the spiritual field, do not engage in mixing up matters (materialistic and spiritual). 3. Keep away from all the vices (gambling, flirting and entering into arguments). It is like getting deeper into the mud. Be grateful to people, but not such an extent to forget the God. To be continued------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) 'Shashi': shashi_31 32. Significance of Meditation Preliminaries to Meditation Swami Muktananda says that the significance of the Blue Color, the Blue Goddess, just from seeing the Blue Pearl, you can attain ‘Jivan Mukti’, the state of liberation. But this is not full realization, nor the state of perfection or the final goal of Siddha Path. When you see the Blue Pearl all the time, this means, that you are in the ‘Turiya State’, the state of complete transcendence. If a seeker dies after having this vision, he will go to Brahma Loka and attain complete fulfillment by finishing his Sadhana here. He further clarifies: “When Blue Pearl

appears, mind would converge on it for a long time, experiencing extremely joyful repose. Breathing becomes steady and shallow. When you breathe out, the breath would go only the distance of two fingers from your nostril and when you breathe in, it goes down only as far as your throat, never to your heart. During this stage many Divine fragrances will come. They are so fine compared to finest scents. With the coming of these fragrances breathing becomes very short and slow and a special kind of Pranayam takes place.†He also says: God is the Supreme Light of all; lights take their brightness from Him only. There is no darkness about Him. This inner, external Blue of consciousness is the ‘So Ham Brahma’ – ‘I am He – the Absolute’ of Jnanis. This Blue is the adorable one chosen by Bhakta, who fills them

with the nectar of love. This eternal Blue of Consciousness is the Divine Power of Grace. If this is not realized, you cannot understand that the Universe appears within God. When one sees Blue Light always, he will see the entire Universe as a luminous sport of ‘Chitsakthi’. He acquires the Divine vision by which he sees the Blue light of Sththi in every one. To be continued…... ----------------------------- 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA From Sai Satcharitra – Chapter V Turning Water into Oil Sai Baba was very fond of lights. He used to borrow oil from shopkeepers, and keep lamps burning the whole night in the Dwarakamayi and temple. This went on for some time. The Banias, who supplied oil gratis, once met together and decided not to give Him oil. When, as usual, Baba went to ask for oil, they all gave Him a distinct No. Unperturbed, Baba returned to the Dwarakamayi and kept the dry wicks in the lamps. The banias were watching Him with curiosity. Baba took the Tumrel (tin pot) which contained very little (a few drops) of oil, put water into it and drank it and forced it fall in

the container. After consecrating the tin-pot in this way, He again took water in the tin-pot and filled all the lamps with it and lighted them. To the surprise and dismay of the watching Banias, the lamps began to burn and kept burning the whole night. The Banias repented and apologized. Baba forgave them and asked them to be more truthful in future. From Sai Satcharitra – Chapter VII Baba’s All-pervasiveness and Mercy In the year 1910 A.D., Baba was sitting near the Dhuni on Divali holiday

and warming Himself. He was pushing firewood into the Dhuni, which was brightly burning. A little later, instead of pushing logs of woods, Baba pushed His arm into the Dhuni; the arm was scorched and burnt immediately. This was noticed by the servant Madhava, and also by Madhavarao Deshpande (Shama). They at once ran to Baba and Madhavarao clasped Baba by His waist from behind and dragged Him forcible back ward and asked, "Deva, for what have You done this?" Then Baba came to His senses and replied, "The wife of a blacksmith at some distant place was working the bellows of a furnace; her husband called her. Forgetting that her child was on her waist, she ran hastily and the child slipped into the furnace. I immediately thrust My hand into the furnace and saved the child. I do not mind My arm being burnt, but I am glad that the life of the child is saved." DIWALI The festival marks the victory of good over evil. The Sanskrit word Deepavali means array of lights that stands for victory of brightness over darkness. As the knowledge of Sanskrit diminished, the name was popularly modified to Diwali. On the day of Diwali, many wear new clothes, share sweets and light firecrackers. The Indian business community usually starts their financial new year on Diwali and new account books are opened on this day.

Hindus find cause to celebrate this festival for different reasons: * As per sacred texts, according to Skandha Purana, the goddess Shakti observed 21 days of austerity starting from ashtami of shukla paksha (waxing period of moon) to get half part of the body of Lord Shiva. This vrata is known as kedhara vrata. Deepavali is the completion day of this austerity. This is the day Lord Shiva accepted Shakti into the left half of the form and appeared as Ardhanarishvara. The ardent devotees observe this 21 days vrata by making a kalasha with 21 threads on it and 21 types of offerings for 35

days. The final day is celebrated as kedhara gauri vrata. * Diwali also celebrates the return of Lord Rama, King of Ayodhya, with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana to Ayodhya from a war in which he killed the demon king Ravana. It is believed that the people lit oil lamps along the way to light their path in the darkness. * It commemorates the killing of Narakasura, an evil demon who created havoc, by Lord Krishna's wife Sathyabhama. This happened in the Dwapara Yuga during this time of Lord Krishna's avatar. In another version, the demon was killed by

Lord Krishna himself. In South India, To be continued…... --- NEWS FROM SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD Now all the works of Saibanisaji (translated into English Language by Sai Sevak Sri RaghuRaman Satulury) are available in one place in the web blog: http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Saidevotees may kindly visit the above blog, read the articles and give your valuable comments in the "Guest Book". ---------------- badri.narasimhan Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM Annual Day 2008 of SaiDarbarUSA SaiDarbarUSA celebrated its 5th Annual Day on 11th Oct, 2008 with lots of energy, enthusiasm. The event started with welcoming HH Sw.Sidhdhanandaji of Chinmaya Kedar with Poorna Kumbam, followed by Invocation prayers by Bal Vikas Mandal Kids lead by Swamiji Himself. A Brief introduction of SaiDarbar and about Mukhya Sai Sevak SaiBaNisa was mentioned to the audience. All

the seva activities and special events that took place during the past year were also mentioned with slides on the background. The youngest team of Bal Vikas Mandal displayed their welcome message. The program was then continued with Bal Vikas Mandal junior and senior kids performing Dance and Act programmes. The most energetic part of the whole event was Baba's Palki Utsav. Baba's Palki was taken around the Chinmaya Kedar's Shiva Mandir with Bhajans and Garba dance. The event ended with Swamiji's speech on 'Positive Influences of Naama Smaranam' and Mahaprasad. Following link has around 200+ photographs of this Utsav. http://picasaweb.google.com/archanarast/SaiDarbarUSAAnnualDayEvent2008 Best Regards, Badri Narasimhan. ------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: sridharr24 Mon, October 6, 2008 6:23 am Sairam, Our Pranams to Sai's Lotus Feet. We feel the presence of Sai in every walk of our life. However, since we do not realize the helping hand in every situation, we tend to cloud ourselves by Maya or delusion, that it is "I" or "We" who is performing this action, and hence responsible for this pitfall or success. I am no different from that, yet to call myself an ardent devotee of Sai, treading along the path of seeking His guidance. Two weeks back, my mother sprained her back due to old age, to the extent that she could not get up from bed, nor keep her left foot pressing to stand. That evening we had Sai Bhajan in one of the houses, I was worried. I prayed to Sai, did Mrutunjaya Mantra for sometime. Within few hours she became well, at

least to the extent that she was able to walk to the house and attend Bhajan. She thought by sitting on the ground she strained her back while getting up, and got into the fear that she will not sit down. Next day, I planned to go to Shirdi Mandhir near our house in the evening and take my parents. In the mandhir hall, there is no chair. Everyone has to squat in the floor and pray to Baba. When we reached there, the Sej Aarthi was going on. Everyone was standing. My mother also came and was standing and praying. Then I was looking at Baba, sincerely prayed that her back be cured, and realized that if Baba can help at present, she must either have the confidence of sitting on the ground or some chair must be there. Lo! As soon as the Aaarthi was over, I saw for first time, someone has kept

a foldable chair open nearer to where my Mom was standing. It was really amazing. I took the opportunity, asked my mother who was praying to Baba at that time to look back and sit on that chair and relax. She was very pleased and relaxed; at least her fear is taken care off by Baba. We had a happy Darshan, and went downstairs in the hall to partake Prasad. When I came back and wanted to perform Namaskar one last time before taking leave, I found no chair in the Mandhir! Someone had removed it. It assured me once again, that Baba, our Father, takes care of every devotee, even their slight wishes and worries, to the extent they do not get into trouble in anyway. So think of Sai all the time, and surrender to Him fully, He holds our hand firmly and gently takes across all our difficulties. Sridhar. --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. A FRUIT TREE A long time ago there was a village where many people lived. Outside the village there was a large, magnificent looking tree. It was always laden with colorful luscious fruits. The travelers were always tempted to eat these inviting fruits. But whoever tasted the fruit of the tree fell unconscious after some time. The village folk knew about these poisonous fruits. They never went near the tree. But there were four crooked persons in the village. They had never done an honest day's work in their lives. When they saw how the travelers lost their consciousness after eating these fruits, they thought up a crooked scheme. That way they would get rich quickly by looting these unfortunate persons. They dug up a pit under the massive roots of the tree and covered it with shrubs so that no one would discover the pit. They would

sit there and wait for some unfortunate rich traveler to come and lose all his money to them. The tree proved a boon to them. Soon they all became rich. The simple village folk wondered how they got their wealth. Once they used to live in hovels. Now they had grand houses. They dressed in costly clothes. When they were asked the secret of their prosperity they all evaded the question. Nobody could guess that they had amassed their wealth from the tree of the poisonous fruits. One day a large number of merchants passed that way. When they saw the large tree with its comforting shade and mouth – watering fruits, they decided to take rest under the tree. Now, the four hidden crooks were watching them from their secret hideout under the tree. Their joy knew no bounds. So many rich merchants with all their gold and silver and rich merchandise! They had superb horses too. Now they, instead of their owners, would ride these magnificent horses. The whole

village would watch them with eyes of wonder. The evil men waited with eager hearts for the merchants to eat the fruits and fall unconscious. Soon these merchants started plucking the fruits. They collected them in a heap. Now they prepared themselves to enjoy these wonderful fruits. Just then another merchant happened to arrive there on his horse. All the merchants welcomed him and invited him to share the fruits with them. He looked at the fruits and then at the tree and finally at them. Then he asked them with contempt in his voice if they were all mad. The merchants were stunned. They asked him why he said so. So he told them that the fruits were poisonous. How could that be! The merchant had not tasted them. How could he speak with such authority? The merchant explained, "My friends, you are all merchants. You are supposed to be very intelligent and discerning. Don't you see that the tree is just outside the village? If these fruits had been edible, do

you think the village children would have left even one fruit on the tree for you to eat? The fact that they are still on the tree means there is something wrong with them. Use your brains, men, and don't touch these dangerous fruits!" The merchants were impressed with the logic of his words. Their eyes were opened. The merchant saved them from a possible tragedy. They all thanked the man and invited him to become their leader. Such a leader would always be a great help to them. Then they all decided that the tree was dangerous for future travelers. So they all hacked the tree till it fell on the ground. The four crooked men, hidden in the pit under the tree had to run away. They were broken-hearted. The source of their easy wealth was destroyed by the wise merchant. ------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI

SATCHARITRA swamymain Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM Spiritual Gems from Shri Sai Satcharitra - Chapter 30 Drawn To Shirdi (1) Kakaji Vaidya of Vani Kakaji Vaidya There lived in Vani, Nasik District, a man named Kakaji Vaidya. He was the priest of the Goddess Sapta-Shringi there. He was so much overwhelmed with adverse circumstances and calamities that he lost peace of mind and became quite restless. Under such circumstances one evening he went into the temple of the Goddess and prayed unto Her from the bottom of his heart and invoked Her aid to free him from anxiety. The Goddess was pleased with his devotion and the same night appeared to him in his dream and said to him, "You go to Baba and then your mind will become calm and composed". Kakaji was anxious to know from Her who that Baba was, but before he could get any explanation, he was awakened. Then he began to think as to who

might be that Baba, to whom the Goddess has asked him to go. After some thinking, he resolved that this Baba might be 'Tryambakeshwar' (Lord Shiva). So he went to the holy place 'Tryambak' (Nasik District) and stayed there for ten days. During this period, he bathed early in the morning, chanted the 'Rudra' hymns, did the 'Abhishekam' (pouring unceasingly fresh cold water over the Pindi) and did other religious rites; but with all that, he was as restless as before. SSG: Sai Ram. The problem of using one's own intellect is shown beautifully in the above example. Instead of praying to the Goddess and asking Her to explain whom She meant through that cryptic word Baba, Kakaji used his own limited intellect and ended up in Tryambakeshwar temple. No doubt the ten days of worship of Siva made him better

fitted to receive the grace of Sadguru Sai later. Thus, we can see that no good karma is ever wasted. Sai Ram. SSS: Then he returned to his place and again invoked the Goddess most pitifully. That night She again appeared in his dream and said - "Why did you go to Tryambakeshwar in vain? I meant by Baba - Shri Sai Samarth of Shirdi." SSG: Sai Ram. No good karma goes in vain but the Goddess was gently chiding Her beloved devotee Kakaji that he should come out of the shackles of the mind and ego. Sai Ram. SSS: The question before Kakaji now was 'How and when to go to Shirdi and how to see Baba? If anybody is in real earnest to see a Saint, not only the Saint but God also, fulfills his wish. In fact the 'Sant' (Saint) and the 'Anant' (God) are one and the same; there is not the least difference between them. If anybody thinks that he will go himself and see a Saint that will be a mere boast. Unless the Saint wills it, who is able to go and see Him? Even the leaf of the tree won't move without His bidding. The more anxious a Bhakta is for the saint's visit, the more devout and faithful he is, the more speedily and effectively is his wish satisfied to his heart's content. He, who invites anybody for a visit, also arranges everything for his reception, and so it happened with Kakaji. SSG: Sai Ram. As already mentioned, we can't get God's and Guru's grace without some past merit in our lives. Even if we have not done any good deed in this life and thus think that we don't deserve the grace, they (God and Guru) see beyond the present and see our past and future clearly and will intervene when needed to set us on the right path. Sai Ram. His Servant, S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews To be continued... ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: sudha_vohra Wednesday, 10 September, 2008, 10:40 PM Teri daya dekhon sai ya main teri dua dekhun sab kuch hai tere pas sai main kahan kahan dekhun tu hi aas hai sai tu hi vishwas hai sai tu hi aandhkar hai sai tu hi prakash hai sai tu hi nazar aye aab

mujhe main jahan jahan dekhun tu hi paas hai sai, dur bhi mujh se hai tu sai tu hi ratoon main hai sai tu his saveron main hai sai main falak dekhun ya aab kahe to main jamin dekhun Sudha ---------------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: dhottywala Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 4:58 AM SaiRam, When I start reading Baba's messages, I don't want anything else. Even I find food not a necessity. Dhotty. ------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit:

http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShirdiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaiBabasansthan.org/main_English/saiBaba/saiBaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: May Sai Baba Bless us all Author: S.V.Tanavde Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Publications, 5th Block,Flat -334B, Janapriya Apartments Saroor Nagar, Hyderabad – 35 ------------- Title: Sai Baba The Master Author: Pujya Acharya Ekkirala Bharadwaja Sri Gurupaduka Publications, M.M.Donka Ongole – 523 002-A.P --------------------- Title: Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi - The Guiding Light of Humanity Author: Guruji Sri

Chandra Bhanu Satpathy Sri Shirdi Sai Kalyanam Trust,“Sai Chaaon†Flat – 304 KCR Apts, 551 Balaji Colony Tirupathi – 517 502 Email:saibhanu -------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their

books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: The law of cause and effect is universal. Each man must

carry his own burden of sin. A life of sympathy and kindness will result in good fortune and happiness. God is the Supreme Light .All lights take their brightness from Him only. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to 'The Glory of Shirdi Sai' they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be

notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma. If you don't want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line 'REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST'. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar – Hyderabad -

India. -----------------

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.