IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 23-2008 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 23/ 2008 06-11-2008 ------------------------ One World One Family. Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya, Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to All). ----------------------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia..com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE

GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaiBabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE

SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji REALITY OF HUMAN LIFE As years go by and people see how strongly they are bound by greed, habit and suffering, they become very sad and discouraged. Often in their discouragement they quarrel with others and sink deeper into sin and give up trying to walk the true path; often their lives come to some untimely end in the very midst of their wickedness and they suffer forever. This falling

into discouragement because of one’s misfortunes and sufferings is most unnatural and contrary to the law of heaven and earth and, therefore, one will suffer both in this world and in the worlds after death. It is true that everything in this life is transitory and filled with uncertainty, but it is lamentable that any one should ignore this fact and keep on trying to seek enjoyment and satisfaction of his desires. Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. To be continued------- -----------------------

2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: Nov2, 1909: KakaSaheb Dixit, fist arrived at Shirdi (Aged 45 years). Nov 5,1918: Khushalchand sheth of Rahata passed away. Nov6, 1960: Shirdi Sansthan's administration was taken over by the City Civil Court and a "Court Receiver" was

appointed. -------------------------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI.

In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. APRIL-1996 03-04-1996 Yesterday night Sai appeared as a fakir and said- Understand Sai Philosophy properly. There is no point in talking about Sai when the other party is not inclined towards it. It is not important in which way I am worshiped, but follow the one within your reach and means. Never try imitating others. Everybody on this path will be tested at an appropriate time for his or her devotion. Rituals without devotion lead nowhere. 08-04-1996 Sai appeared as a Saint in the dream and said- Labourer toiled for the whole day, rests in the night and again prepares for the following day’s work. In the same way, a person after undergoing all the troubles in the life goes into permanent sleep to take a new birth again. I promise you to be on your side in the lives to come. My Guru presented me with only a photograph, whereas I am presenting you with an outer ring of wisdom as a guard and some money for satisfying the appetite. Be happy with that. You can’t keep flying in the air forever in an aircraft, as it will crash-land once the fuel is exhausted. You have to start descending as the fuel is nearing completion. However high we may fly in

thoughts, we have to return to the ground reality. 13-04-1996 Yesterday, I was thinking about the old age and prayed Baba to show me a way to live peaceful. Sai appeared as an unknown person and said- Why do you think of motorbike when you have a bicycle to travel? Learn what it means to be satisfied in life. To think of other women in old age is like inviting pre-matured death. The type of funeral one received depends upon the quality of life the individual has lead during his lifetime. Only the results of Good deeds accompany us after death. To be continued------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) 'Shashi': shashi_31 32. Significance of Meditation Preliminaries to Meditation Does constant meditation develop great powers? Constant Meditation develops great powers. The letters of the Mantra become prominent and are flashed before the mental eye and they seem to burn like fire. Whenever repeated with an object in view, the object will be attained with the help of the Mantra which reveals itself as described above. Such a mantra is usually known as the ‘Siddha Mantra’. When uttered, it is capable of producing the most extraordinary results. Similarly, when concentration is on a deity for a long time and according to a fixed procedure with devotion and under the guidance of and competent Guru, your Istha-Daivam will be realized. This deity reveals itself before the Sadhaka and offers him everything he desires. Your Istha-Daivam never leaves you and remains practically by your side. The concentration

should make you entirely oblivious of the surroundings and you should think of yourself as one with the Universal energy. Your mind should think of yourself as one with the Universal energy. Your mind should be akin to Susupti or deep sleep condition. When this is practiced for a long time, certain signs appear before your mental eye and your Istha-Daivam shows conclusively that the Sadhaka is progressing towards the realization of your Istha-Daivam. The signs appear in five successive stages. The sign in the beginning is the vision of mirage. This gives place gradually in the second stage to a vision of smoke. In the third stage, the Sadhaka visualizes bright sparks in

the space in the form of fire flies. The form of light is seen in the fourth stage which is replaced in the fifth stage by a constant light like that of a cloudless sky. That is to say, when meditation is practiced for a sufficient length of time, you see the vision of constant light which does not revert to the other four inferior stages. The light referred here is the Light of Pure Satva. When the mind is deeply absorbed in that quality, then, indeed does this condition of Light which is free from all pain follows. This is the Jyothi; light which is the sure sign of constant meditation on the deity can now be practiced with confidence in order that the deity may appear before the Sadhaka in a vision. To be

continued…... ----------------------------- 5. IN THE DAYS OF SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA Baba restored the lost property to the doctor Shri M.R.Ragare In 1914, Sakarwadi (near Shirdi) Sugar Mill doctor Shri. M.R.Tagare was proceeding to Kopergaom Post office in bullock cart to en cash his own war bonds of Rs.2, 500/- while he was talking busily with a fellow passenger, the bag containing war bonds slipped down from the cart unnoticed by the doctor. As soon as he noticed that the bad had dropped on the way, leaving the cart helter and shelter a mile or two in search of it, but without success. Uneasiness on account of this loss allowed him no sleep till about midnight when he thought of sitting near Sai Baba’s photo he had in his house and praying, he seemed to hear some one calling him “cease worryingâ€. This brought him peace of mind and he could them sleep. Next morning, he had to attend upon

an ill friend at a near by village, so he went there, examined his friend gave him medicine and casually talking to him about the loss of bag containing the said war bonds. A girl who standing near by listening sympathetically to the doctor’s talk, ran at once and returned with a bag saying that it was found lying on the road the previous day. Looking up the bag, the doctor found that the papers had all been disturbed and turned up and down, the finder find nothing from the bag and that the war bonds were in tact. The doctor was over pleased and heartily thanked Baba for His favour and grace. Baba brought to notice the misplaced record by a devotee clerk A devotee clerk in the custom office once got into a fix when some custom bills once seen and checked by the custom office were recalled and could not be found in the office in spite of all round searches he made for these. The clerk therefore, feared not only for his superiors reprimands but also dismissal from service and prosecution as well. A day passed away and though the bill bundle could not be found. Some how or other his superiors forget this matter and made no inquiry on that day, naturally the clerk was worried and so he prayed Baba to save him. The next morning, when he went to the office, he found the required bundle of bill on his table. The

clerk was very much surprised for this, as he was always the first to attend office and the last to leave office. Who could have kept it after the office was closed? But Baba, he rightly thought. He therefore thanked Baba from the bottom of his heart for saving him. To be continued…... --- admin Tuesday, 4

November, 2008, 11:45 AM Radio Shirdi Sai Now With the blessings and grace of Shri Shirdi Sai , the first ever online Shirdi Sai baba Radio is broadcasting,- leela's of Baba thru His bhajans in Hindi, Telugu, Marathi and Gujarati, Sai Mahima , Sai amritvani, Sai mantra ,Sai Satcharitra prayaan,

discourses, Geeta Gyaan, Vishnu Sahasaram and much more. We will also be sharing our experiences and experiences of other Sai devotees through this media. This is the first ever online Radio dedicated to the lotus feet of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba. Just by listening to this Radio, Sai devotees will feel the bliss of Baba and His leela's around them. You can go to http://www.sairadio.blogspot.com/ Listen to this Radio [password- omsrisai] or for knowing the weekly program guide and to post your request, suggestions,

feedback and comments, please visit http://sairadio.blogspot.com/ You will also find a lot of important information at this site in the coming weeks. Please email your suggestions to admin or omsaiseva In Humble Service of His Holy

Feet, admin -------- NEWS FROM SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD Now all the works of Saibanisaji (translated into English Language by Sai Sevak Sri RaghuRaman Satulury) are available in one place in the web blog: http://saibanisa.blogspot.com/ Saidevotees may kindly visit the above blog, read the articles and give your valuable comments in the "Guest Book". ------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: anupamav Thu, September 11, 2008 4:45 am Hello, For the first time I visited Shirdi in Dec 07. We happened to stay for 5 days in Shirdi. The 4th day we had Sai Maharaj's darshan & we came out. As we were marching out, my mother told me about the 9 coins given by Sai Baba to one of His devotees & she told we missed seeing that. I was just thinking in my mind that what to do? as we were new to the place & the first time visitors we were not having any great idea about the surrounding places & the important places to visit. Suddenly from no where one young boy comes to me & requests me to buy the calendar of Sai Maharaj. I looked at him told to go school & study so that his future will be secured & safe (by Baba's grace). He then told me that he goes to the morning school & he sells the calendars in the afternoon to fulfil the education expenses. I decided to buy him few writing books. I conveyed the same & the boy too agreed instantly. While we were heading towards the book store, for my surprise, the boy checked about our visit to the important places like Khandoba's temple, Lakshmi Bai's house & so on I was shocked for a minute, I felt as though Sai only has come in the form of boy and is telling me to visit the said places. I was shell shocked. Later, the young boy took us to all the surrounding places & showed us all. As promised I got books to the boy. I

was amazed by this experience of mine, as for me, it was Sai Baba in the form of a young boy. Sai Maharaja Ki Jai...... Anupama --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. THE WHITE ELEPHANT: Once there lived a white elephant in the foothills of the Himalayas. He was a magnificent creature and ruled over thousands of elephants. Unfortunately, he had an aged and blind mother whom he loved very much. He lovingly took care of all her needs. Once the elephant got annoyed with his subjects over their selfish behaviour. So he left them one night and went with his mother to the far Mount Candorana. There they lived happily in a secluded cave. One day a hunter, who lived in Banaras, lost his way in the forest. For many days he wandered about but could not find a way out of the dense forest. In desperation, he started crying aloud blaming his luck. The elephant, whose cave was nearby,

happened to be out for feeding. He heard the hunter’s wailings and went near him. The hunter, seeing the huge white elephant, tried to run a way in fear. But the elephant allayed his fears, and asked him his story. The hunter told him that he lived in Banaras and was lost in the dense forest while hunting. The elephant comforted the man and lifting him on his back took him out of the forest. The hunter went back safely to Banaras. Here, in Banaras, King Brahmatta’s royal elephant had died only recently. The King announced a big reward to anyone who could let him of an elephant grand enough to be fit for a King. The greedy hunter went to the King and told him about the magnificent white elephant who lived on Mount Candorana. He led the King’s men to that place. From a distance, though the thickets, they saw the elephant gathering lotus shoots for the blind mother. The elephant got the scent of the men standing in the distance. He immediately guessed who had brought them there.

He said to himself, “what ungrateful creatures men are!†Now, this elephant was a mighty creature. He could have crushed all these men to death if he had so desired. But he was a noble creature. He hated violence. So he decided to let himself be captured and taken to the King. He decided that he would request the King personally to allow him to go free. That would save a lot of bloodshed. The men captured the elephant and brought him to Banaras. He was kept in the royal stables and given the best food. But he did not touch anything. The keepers of the

royal stables got worried. If he did not eat anything he would soon die. So they reported the matter to the King. King Brahamdatta himself went to the elephant’s stable. He offered choice green shoots to the elephant with his own hands. When the elephant still refused to eat, the King asked him why he was not eating anything. The elephant replied “Your Majesty, I cannot eat anything. You see, my mother is all alone. She is at Mount Candorana. She is old and blind. There is no one to feed her or to take care of her. She is sure to die. How can I ever touch any food when my mother is such a condition?†The King was deeply touched by the elephant’s sentiments towards his old and blind mother. He had never seen such devotion. He at once decided to set the elephant free and said “O great elephant, you are indeed a worthy son. Go back to your mother and look after her. She needs you more than I do.†------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM Spiritual Gems from Shri Sai Satcharitra - Chapter 30 Shama's Vows When Kakaji was thinking of his visit to Shirdi, a guest came to him at his place to take him to Shirdi. He was no other than Shama, a very close and intimate devotee of Baba. How he came to Vani at this juncture, we shall just see. Shama was severely ill when he was very young and his mother had taken a vow to her family Goddess Sapta-Shringi at Vani, that if the son got well, she would bring and dedicate him at Her feet. Then after some years the mother herself suffered much from ring-worms on her breasts. At that time she again took another vow to her Deity that

if she got all right, she would offer Her two silver breasts. These two vows remained unfulfilled. At her death-bed she called her son Shama to her and drew his attention to the vows and after taking a promise from him that he would fulfil them, she breathed her last. After some time, Shama quite forgot about these vows and thus 30 years elapsed. About this time a famous astrologer had come to Shirdi and stayed there for a month. His predictions in the case of Shriman Booty and others came true and everybody was satisfied. Shama's younger brother Bapaji consulted him and was told that his mother's vows, which his elder brother promised to fulfill at her death-bed, were not yet fulfilled; hence the Goddess was displeased with them and was bringing troubles on them. SSG: Sai Ram. The Goddess was not displeased because of the paltry material value of the vows, but was displeased about the maya that enveloped the mind of Shama. We all know the story of Sri Satyanarayana Swamy and how He created a lot of difficulties to those people who took vows in the time of their difficulties and who forgot to fulfil those vows after wards. God is Truth and once one forgets or deviates from the path of truth, God tries through all means to bring the person back to the path of truth. This is done with Love and not with any selfish desires and anger on the part of God. Speaking what one thinks and doing what one speaks is called Trikarana Suddhi and in such a clear and clean mind, the Truth reveals itself. Sai Ram. SSS: Bapaji told this to his brother Shama who was then reminded of the unfulfilled vows. Thinking that any further delay would be dangerous, he called a goldsmith and got a pair of silver breasts prepared. Then he went to the Dwarakamayi, prostrated himself before Baba and, placing before Him the two silver breasts, requested Him to accept them and free him from the vows as He was to him his Sapta-Shringi Goddess. Then Baba insisted upon him to go himself to the temple of Sapta-Shringi and offer them

in person at the feet of the Goddess. Then after taking Baba's permission and Udi, he left for Vani and searching for the priest came to Kakaji's house. Kakaji was then very anxious to visit Baba and Shama went there to see him at that very time. What a wonderful coincidence is this! SSG: Sai Ram. It is not coincidence and both the Goddess Saptha-Shringi and Guru Sai knew what was going to happen. They chose the timing perfectly! Sai Ram. SSS: Kakaji asked him who he was and whence he had come, and on learning that he came from Shirdi, he at once embraced him. So overpowered was he with love! Then they talked about Sai-leelas and after finishing the rites of Shama's vows, they both started for Shirdi. On reaching the place, Kakaji went to the Dwarakamayi, and fell at Baba's Feet. His eyes were soon bedewed with tears, and his mind attained calmness. According to the vision of the Goddess, no sooner did he see Baba, which his mind lost all its restlessness and it became calm and composed. Kakaji began to think, in his mind, "What a wonderful power is this! Baba spoke nothing, there was no question and answer, no benediction pronounced; the mere darshan itself was so conducive to happiness; the restlessness of my mind disappeared by His mere darshan, consciousness of joy came upon me - this is what is called 'the greatness of darshan'." SSG: Sai Ram. Sri Dakshinamoorthy, one of the several forms of Sri Siva, sits in meditation and His disciples sit in front of Him. Their doubts disappear as they arise thanks to the calming presence of Sri Dakshinamoorthy, the Guru. As already mentioned, the Truth reveals itself spontaneously in a mind, which is pure and calm. The visit to Sri Manasarovar lake (now in Tibet) is spiritually significant to many devotees precisely because the calm and placid lake reflects the glory of the Kailas Mountain and thus tells us the truth that Paramatma reveals Himself (or Herself / Itself since all the differences of gunas are dissolved in the formless state) to a calm and composed (pure) mind.

Also, Guru can transmit the power in several ways, by touch, through breath, through sight etc. The above is an example of the grace flowing through sight. Sai Ram. SSS: His vision was fixed on Sai's feet and he could utter no word. Hearing Baba's Leelas, his joy knew no bounds. He surrendered himself completely to Baba, forgot his anxiety and cares and got undiluted happiness. He

lived happily there for twelve days and after taking Baba's leave, Udi and blessings returned home. SSG: Sai Ram. Surrender is the best and highest form of Bhakti and that Kakaji could do that was due to the merits of his present and past lives and the grace of Goddess Saptha-Shringi and that opened the gates for the grace of Sri Sai Sadguru. Sai Ram. His Servant, S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews To be continued... ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: sudha_vohra Tuesday, 30 September, 2008, 11:24 PM aaoo Sai mere tumse kuch batein karni hain batein karni hain kuch mulakatein karni hain thahar jara main dil ko sambhalun aaya hai Sai mera bahut dino ke bad

mila hai sai isko sukun sa jara dekh dekh kar tujh ko sai apni ankhen bharni hai kuch na kahungi main sai mere tu to sab kuch jaane apna banaya jabse tune sai ho gaye sab se begane tere siva kuch yad na ho mujhe to sudh budh khoni hai teri kripa ho jaye sai mere to ban jaye mitti bhi sona tu hi basa hai is dil main Sai chahe dekh le kona kona en charno ka dhayan na chute meri yeh jid puri karni hai Sai Sudha ---------------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: kuppiranga Tuesday, 21 October, 2008, 11:56 AM Om Sai ram, I am very proud and happy to note that I am being the member of Saidarbar group. Our Sai Naath Maharaaj showered his grace on me only I got this nice opportunity. Thank you Sai Nath Maharaj & the Moderator. “May our Shirdi Sai Bless one and all for the nice futureâ€. Om Sai Shri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai. KUPPI BAI ------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page

turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShirdiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaiBabasansthan.org/main_English/saiBaba/saiBaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD:

Title: Sai Baba of Shirdi - a God Author: Sri Bapatla Hanumantha Rao C/o Sri Bapatla Venkata Pardhasardhy, Sri Sai Nilayam, Cheru P.O Guntur District - A.P – 522 113 ------------- Title: The Eternal Sai Author: S. Maneey Sri Sai Spiritual Centre, 1 Block Thyagarajanagar, Bangalore - 28 --------------------- Title: How I found God? Author: Yogi M. K. Spencer Sai Age Publications 126 Sector 37 Faridabad – 121 003 -------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this

facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: Surrender is the best and highest form of Bhakti. Speaking what one thinks and doing what one speaks is called Trikarana Suddhi and in such a clear and clean mind, the Truth reveals itself. Sai Ram. When concentration is on a deity for a long time and according to a fixed procedure with devotion and under the guidance of and competent Guru, your Istha-Daivam will be realized. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to 'The Glory of Shirdi Sai' they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI

for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma. If you don't want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line 'REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST'. Submitted by:

SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar – Hyderabad - India. ----------------------

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.