IndiaDivine.org

From Nisargadatta Prior to Consciousness : neither ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/27/2009 5:18:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, fewtch writes:

Nisargadatta , "dan330033" <dan330033 wrote:>> Nisargadatta , "Tim G." <fewtch@> wrote:> >> > Hi Dan,> > > > Nisargadatta , "dan330033" <dan330033@> wrote:> > >> > > In respect that this is a list founded because of the words of Nisargadatta, I did a quick internet search for a Nis quote. Didn't take long, just a few seconds really. Came up with the following, very on-target statements, for my eyes:> > > > > > As long as you are wearing this concept `I am' you will be involved with all the concepts. When this concept `I am' departs there will be no memory left that `I was' and `I had' those experiences; the very memory will be erased.> > > > > > All this process of communication, expounding, etc., will go on so long as this conscious presence is available, and all this is to merely satisfy the concept `I am', and you the Absolute, are not the primary concept `I am'.> > > > > > That which you like most – that itself is `I am', the conscious presence – but that is not going to last forever. When the body drops off and the consciousness is extinguished, you need to do nothing. > > > With this understanding do what you like in the world.> > > > How do you interpret Nis's statement above, "do what you like in the world?" Or do ya? ;-).> > Hi Tim -> > It's important to consider it in context. He is saying this to one whose identification with human consciousness is not happening.> > This one includes all, and so includes everything perceived, including this human consciousness as long as it's operational.> > So, no reason not to act in the world.> > Any action will automatically (spontaneously, if you like) fit with everything else happening.> > There aren't judgments attached.> > That is how I take "do what you like in the world."> > How do you take it?> > -- DanI don't know. Like ya said, all happens spontaneously in any case.I do "believe" in not-harming. If all is my Self, to harm is to harm myself.Oh, not really, but this human life includes 'principles' and such. I don't believe in hurting.

***It is your nature rather than your choice. You will do what you will do.

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.