IndiaDivine.org

0-0-0-0-0-0-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

edg: Driving one's car, the actions mostly automatic, turn signal done without a thought it seems, decisions made by the micro-moment, all correct and proper, no danger in my driving, but who's driving? Not the focusing ego who may be listening to the radio. Like this I can imagine that most of what my meat robot does is as if done mindlessly. But, even if I see clearly that the robot doesn't need a "me" that pretends to be running-the-joint, is that realization helpful in weakening the robot's assertion that the ego is a sentient being instead of a processing? Dunno.

geo> There is still a fundamental missunderstanding here. The ego listening to the radio? Not only the robot is driving a car but the whole world is running by itself without a driver. There never was one.There is no "focusing ego". The focusing is the result of the belief on some ego, some inner entity. I am not teaching you neither you me, we are just talking seriously. You say "but, even if I see clearly that the robot doesn't need a "me"..." If you see clarly that there is no entity running the world the flash of insight happened. It is finished,... one more time. Next time will be easyer - and this is the only thing that seems to change in the brain: it will get out of the way with less resistence. I intuit that insight into the nature of time will bring about some "even more fundamental insight". After all nothin is nothin and time, space...are somethin.

-geo-