IndiaDivine.org

i am that / Lene

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , " Lene " <lschwabe wrote:

>

> I love the way the man talks. Thanks for all of the quotes AC.

>

> What I do not get - and so far never heard any guru, any one -

> explain in a way which is satisfactory, is: why are we on this

> planet earth anyway? It is so painful so why are we here? What

> are we doing?

I have read many " gurus " say things like this:

Q: The scriptures show the general directions but the individual needs personal

instructions.

M: Your own self is your ultimate teacher (sadguru). The outer teacher (Guru) is

merely a milestone. It is only your inner teacher, that will walk with you to

the goal, for he is the goal.

Q: The inner teacher is not easily reached.

M: Since he is in you and with you, the difficulty cannot be serious. Look

within, and you will find him.

>

> All gurus are full of words - of good/ bad advice as to how to

> live " properly " , " the right way " on this earth and be released

> from " thraldom " but noone explain why we are here in the first

> place.

>

> If paradise - nirvana - is so sweet, what do we need the earth

> for - earthlife?

>

> Fun? Make mistakes? Go to paradise. Return to earth to correct

> the mistakes we made for fun? That looks like punishment to me.

>

> But it makes no snese, let alone sense (lol) whatsoever. It is

> to suffer deliberately -- me loves a good spanking, halleluja!

>

> See ya people, this is the greatest of mysteries and I have so

> far not heard any body, any one - let alone no one (that would

> be Dansan or Bobskij :) explain the mystery to my satisfaction.

>

> I have explained it myself of course. We are here for fun. The

> world, this planet, other planets, everything, is our creation,

> is us; we are that creation and we have initiated it ourselves,

> the heavens and the hells - the whole chitty bang bang.

>

> ---

>

> But there is plenty of this kind of talking (copied from below):

>

> " The entire purpose of a clean and well-ordered life is to liberate

> man from the thraldom of chaos and the burden of sorrow. "

>

> Excuse me, Sir?

>

> ---

>

> Listen up folks. Why initiate a game at all whose only purpose

> is to be liberated from it????

>

> Good lord.

>

> Play the game for pete's sake.

>

> The game of life was and is constantly initiated by us thought-

> creatures.

>

> We are the game; we made it, we play it, we are it, we love it,

> we hate it.

>

> Cheerio

>

> -Your stand in guru now that Bob's away on his sleigh :)

>

>

>

>

>

> Nisargadatta , " ac " <adithya_comming@> wrote:

> >

> > Q: Don't you have desires and fears any more?

> >

> > M: a commoner, a humble tradesman, with little of formal education. My life

was the common kind, with common desires and fears.

> >

> > When, through my faith in my teacher and obedience to his words, I realised

my true being, I left behind my human nature to look after itself, until its

destiny is exhausted.

> >

> > Occasionally an old reaction, emotional or mental, happens in the mind, but

it is at once noticed and discarded. After all, as long as one is bur dened with

a person, one is exposed to its idiosyncrasies and habits.

> >

> >

> > Q: Are you not afraid of death?

> >

> > M: I am dead already.

> >

> >

> > Q: In what sense?

> >

> > M: I am double dead. Not only am I dead to my body, but to my mind too.

> >

> >

> > Q: Well, you do not look dead at all!

> >

> > M: That's what you say! You seem to know my state better than I do!

> >

> >

> > Q: Sorry. But I just do not understand. You say you are bodyless and

mindless, while I see you very much alive and articulate.

> >

> > M: A tremendously complex work is going on all the time in your brain and

body, are you conscious of it? Not at all. Yet for an outsider all seems to be

going on intelligently and purposefully. Why not admit that one's entire

personal life may sink largely below the threshold of consciousness and yet

proceed sanely and smoothly?

> >

> >

> > Q: Is it normal?

> >

> > M: What is normal? Is your life -- obsessed by desires and fears, full of

strife and struggle, meaningless and joyless -- normal? To be acutely conscious

of your body id it normal? To be torn by feelings, tortured by thoughts: is it

normal?

> >

> > A healthy body, a healthy mind live largely unperceived by their owner; only

occasionally, through pain or suffering they call for attention and insight. Why

not extend the same to the entire personal life? One can function rightly,

responding well and fully to whatever happens, without having to bring it into

the focus of awareness. When self-control becomes second nature, awareness

shifts its focus to deeper levels of existence and action.

> >

> >

> > Q: Don't you become a robot?

> >

> > M: What harm is there in making automatic, what is habitual and repetitive?

It is automatic anyhow. But when it is also chaotic, it causes pain and

suffering and calls for attention. >

> >

> > http://www.celextel.org/otherbooks/iamthat.html?page=4

> >

>

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM, ac <adithya_comming wrote:

M: Since he is in you and with you, the difficulty cannot be serious. Look within, and you will find him.That's true, as far as truth goes.  I " had " a difficulty this morning, and it passed away in about two minutes.  How amazing that the I forgets about how everything goes away!

Julie _

Nisargadatta , "ac" <adithya_comming wrote:>> > > Nisargadatta , "Lene" lschwabe@ wrote:> >> > I love the way the man talks. Thanks for all of the quotes AC.> > > > What I do not get - and so far never heard any guru, any one -> > explain in a way which is satisfactory, is: why are we on this> > planet earth anyway? It is so painful so why are we here? What> > are we doing?> > > I have read many "gurus" say things like this:> > Q: The scriptures show the general directions but the individual needs personal instructions.> > M: Your own self is your ultimate teacher (sadguru). The outer teacher (Guru) is merely a milestone. It is only your inner teacher, that will walk with you to the goal, for he is the goal.> > > Q: The inner teacher is not easily reached.> > M: Since he is in you and with you, the difficulty cannot be serious. Look within, and you will find him.> > > > Few other "gurus" have said that...What really takes 'birth' is the individual sense of 'I', the individual 'mind' and that is the entity to be seen, investigated and understood. As such only question that you really need to answer is... why did 'I' as an individual entity took birth this time. As this 'I' entity dies and takes birth many times and is not really permanent, this question can only be asked in the relation to now. That is realm of spiritual inquiry. As to how and why a 'body' was born that might be the realm of biology. > > > > > > > > All gurus are full of words - of good/ bad advice as to how to> > live "properly", "the right way" on this earth and be released> > from "thraldom" but noone explain why we are here in the first> > place.> > > > If paradise - nirvana - is so sweet, what do we need the earth> > for - earthlife?> > > > Fun? Make mistakes? Go to paradise. Return to earth to correct> > the mistakes we made for fun? That looks like punishment to me.> > > > But it makes no snese, let alone sense (lol) whatsoever. It is> > to suffer deliberately -- me loves a good spanking, halleluja!> > > > See ya people, this is the greatest of mysteries and I have so> > far not heard any body, any one - let alone no one (that would> > be Dansan or Bobskij :) explain the mystery to my satisfaction. > > > > I have explained it myself of course. We are here for fun. The> > world, this planet, other planets, everything, is our creation,> > is us; we are that creation and we have initiated it ourselves,> > the heavens and the hells - the whole chitty bang bang.> > > > ---> > > > But there is plenty of this kind of talking (copied from below):> > > > "The entire purpose of a clean and well-ordered life is to liberate> > man from the thraldom of chaos and the burden of sorrow."> > > > Excuse me, Sir?> > > > ---> > > > Listen up folks. Why initiate a game at all whose only purpose> > is to be liberated from it????> > > > Good lord.> > > > Play the game for pete's sake. > > > > The game of life was and is constantly initiated by us thought-> > creatures.> > > > We are the game; we made it, we play it, we are it, we love it,> > we hate it.> > > > Cheerio> > > > -Your stand in guru now that Bob's away on his sleigh :)> > > > > > > > > > > > Nisargadatta , "ac" <adithya_comming@> wrote:> > >> > > Q: Don't you have desires and fears any more?> > > > > > M: a commoner, a humble tradesman, with little of formal education. My life was the common kind, with common desires and fears. > > > > > > When, through my faith in my teacher and obedience to his words, I realised my true being, I left behind my human nature to look after itself, until its destiny is exhausted. > > > > > > Occasionally an old reaction, emotional or mental, happens in the mind, but it is at once noticed and discarded. After all, as long as one is bur dened with a person, one is exposed to its idiosyncrasies and habits.> > > > > > > > > Q: Are you not afraid of death?> > > > > > M: I am dead already.> > > > > > > > > Q: In what sense?> > > > > > M: I am double dead. Not only am I dead to my body, but to my mind too.> > > > > > > > > Q: Well, you do not look dead at all!> > > > > > M: That's what you say! You seem to know my state better than I do!> > > > > > > > > Q: Sorry. But I just do not understand. You say you are bodyless and mindless, while I see you very much alive and articulate.> > > > > > M: A tremendously complex work is going on all the time in your brain and body, are you conscious of it? Not at all. Yet for an outsider all seems to be going on intelligently and purposefully. Why not admit that one's entire personal life may sink largely below the threshold of consciousness and yet proceed sanely and smoothly?> > > > > > > > > Q: Is it normal?> > > > > > M: What is normal? Is your life -- obsessed by desires and fears, full of strife and struggle, meaningless and joyless -- normal? To be acutely conscious of your body id it normal? To be torn by feelings, tortured by thoughts: is it normal? > > > > > > A healthy body, a healthy mind live largely unperceived by their owner; only occasionally, through pain or suffering they call for attention and insight. Why not extend the same to the entire personal life? One can function rightly, responding well and fully to whatever happens, without having to bring it into the focus of awareness. When self-control becomes second nature, awareness shifts its focus to deeper levels of existence and action.> > > > > > > > > Q: Don't you become a robot?> > > > > > M: What harm is there in making automatic, what is habitual and repetitive? It is automatic anyhow. But when it is also chaotic, it causes pain and suffering and calls for attention. > > > > > > > http://www.celextel.org/otherbooks/iamthat.html?page=4> > >> >>