Nisargadatta , " Tim G. " <fewtch wrote:

>

> Nisargadatta , " Tim G. " <fewtch@> wrote:

> >

> > Nisargadatta , " julesmiel " <julesmiel@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Okay, boys, so here's a delusion of grandeur. Please stick a pin

> > > in it. I believe I caused the earthquake in Chili. I feel so

> > > sorry about it. I'm afraid I'll be punished for it.

>

Which " you " caused the earthquake in Chili - the one which knows about the

existence of Chili and of Nisargadatta ?

As Bhagwan used to ask - where is " Chili " in your deep dreamless sleep? If it is

" real " , it must be there - after all, " you " are still there in your deep

dreamless sleep.

I believe, according to Bhagwan what is there in deep dreamless sleep is Real;

what is not there in the deep dreamless sleep in Not Real.

Does that " Real You " how to talk and write in English? Do you " talk " to Dan and

Geo in your deep dreamless sleep?

Is that your real you - the one which exists even in deep dreamless sleep -

which thinks of having caused the earthquake - or, is the one who only wakes up

and come to existence after the mind has woken up and with it the 'duality' and

the 'world' has woken up?

Guest guest

< As Bhagwan used to ask - where is "Chili" in your deep dreamless sleep?

< If it is "real", it must be there - after all, "you" are still there in your deep dreamless sleep.

Well, chili was in a big bowl sitting on my lap last night. But then I saw it disappearing after a hand with a spoon in it dipped into the bowl of chili, scooped some up, and then the hand-held-spoon-filled-chili came towards me getting larger and larger and then suddenly vanished into emptiness...gone forever except as an image. This kept happening again and again 'til all the bowl-filled-chili was empty...at least of chili. But I knew there was more in the cupboards, but just to make sure, I opened them up and sure enough, there was a row two-wide stacked two-high. Mmmmmm! Enough chili to last me a week or more.

After going to bed and falling asleep, I started to dream. And in that dream I was dreaming of eating chili. Wow! Go figure! But I wasn't really dreaming at all, 'cause I was awake noticing that dreaming was happening. So the "chili" was still existing as fleeting images. Chili chili chili everywhere. I surmised that the "Chili God" must have seen fit to put the dreaded "Chili Curse" upon me.

The next morning I rolled out of bed, went to the toilet, and downloaded "transformed chili", pushed down on the toilet handle and watched the "chili" disappear one more time into "emptiness"...never to be seen again...at least not in that form. I imagine that various fish, microbes, enzymes, and all kinds of critters are now eating "chili". Wasn't it so nice of me to donate it to them?

The other chili is up the street at three different restaurants. That's where they "exist"....at least according to memory.

As for the country "Chile"...well, it's often confused with "chili". That's rather unfortunate since one can be eaten and the other can't....or at least not without experiencing different consequences. That "Chile" exists as a mental imagery only. An imaginary border or line drawn around a chunk of land, and as mental imagery varying from brain to brain. So I guess that there are multiple millions, maybe even billions of Chiles that exist.

But let's not forget about the "chili" pepper. However, that's a subject for another conversation...or not! :-))

~M