IndiaDivine.org

A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is not a must.Sri Ramana is ever available for us even though He is not available physically for He is the indwelling spirit in all of us..This is 100% true.Be assured dear devotees.tgr--- On Mon, 3/8/10, aoclery <aoclery wrote:aoclery <aoclery A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:39 AM

Namaste,

A Living Guru?Mukta is necessary and Why....Jesus, Ramana, Lakshama,Mathru

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John..14: 6.

This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti...

A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no longer use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy.

The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed his sadhana in his previous life.

The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is afraid of its own death it will not do anything to endanger its own existence. It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief will only pretend to catch himself because he ultimately wants to escape....

Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru. This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus).

The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is part of the minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome it by effort alone. It is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The Grace of the Guru calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which otherwise prevent it from completely subsiding.

Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is not true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

, TG Ranganathan <tgranganathan

wrote:

>

> This is not a must.Sri Ramana is ever available for us even though He is not

available physically for He is the indwelling spirit in all of us..This is 100%

true.Be assured dear devotees.tgr

>

> --- On Mon, 3/8/10, aoclery <aoclery wrote:

>

> aoclery <aoclery

> A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary

>

> Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:39 AM

> Namaste,

>

>

>

> A Living Guru?Mukta is necessary and Why....Jesus, Ramana, Lakshama,Mathru

>

>

>

> Jesus answered, " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the

Father except through me.John..14: 6.

>

>

>

> This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve

reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the

Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti...

>

>

>

> A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting

as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru

can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no longer

use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy.

>

> The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed

his sadhana in his previous life.

>

>

>

> The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is

afraid of its own death it will not do anything to endanger its own existence.

It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief

will only pretend to catch himself because he ultimately wants to escape....

>

>

>

> Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru

then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru.

This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the

mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru

with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and

probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus).

>

>

>

> The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy

itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises

which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is part of the

minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome it by effort alone. It

is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The Grace of the Guru

calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which otherwise prevent it from

completely subsiding.

>

>

>

> Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is

not true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.

>

>

>

Cheers Tony.

Namaste TG,

I used to think that way as well....but unless you can actually eliminate all

your vasanas and samskaras to remove the impediments to realisation it is very

difficult...according to the Muktas and other writings..........Being devoted to

Ramana is just giving a name to the Self.....and this may happen in many

lifetimes but a living Guru has the Diksha and Saktipat/Grace to do it in this

lifetime....Just as Ramana did it for others and even animals..........It is

Grace in this lifetime to avoid multiple reincarnations..........I am using the

words of a mukta who was realised in Ramana's presence by the way....Sri

Lakshmana Swamy.......Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

Time and again Bhagavan Ramana told that Grace is ever flowing.There is never an instant when Grace was not available.Also Bhagavan Ramana told once to a foreigner about Lord Krishn's non availability in flesh and blood , that Krishna is ever available as well as His Bhagavad Gita.Hope this clears the doubt that like so many gurus who are no more available in flesh and blood their Guruthvam(Teachership) is still available to us.If we are sincere / destined Guru is still available(whomsover we adore as Guru)with best wishes,tgr--- On Mon, 3/8/10, aoclery <aoclery wrote:aoclery <aoclery Re: A Living

Guru/Mukta is necessary Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 8:11 PM

, TG Ranganathan <tgranganathan@ ...> wrote:

>

> This is not a must.Sri Ramana is ever available for us even though He is not available physically for He is the indwelling spirit in all of us..This is 100% true.Be assured dear devotees.tgr

>

> --- On Mon, 3/8/10, aoclery <aoclery > wrote:

>

> aoclery <aoclery >

>

> Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:39 AM

> Namaste,

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John..14: 6.

>

>

>

> This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti...

>

>

>

> A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no longer use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy.

>

> The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed his sadhana in his previous life.

>

>

>

> The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is afraid of its own death it will not do anything to endanger its own existence. It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief will only pretend to catch himself because he ultimately wants to escape....

>

>

>

> Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru. This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus).

>

>

>

> The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is part of the minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome it by effort alone. It is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The Grace of the Guru calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which otherwise prevent it from completely subsiding.

>

>

>

> Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is not true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.

>

>

>

Cheers Tony.

Namaste TG,

I used to think that way as well....but unless you can actually eliminate all your vasanas and samskaras to remove the impediments to realisation it is very difficult... according to the Muktas and other writings.... ......Being devoted to Ramana is just giving a name to the Self.....and this may happen in many lifetimes but a living Guru has the Diksha and Saktipat/Grace to do it in this lifetime.... Just as Ramana did it for others and even animals..... .....It is Grace in this lifetime to avoid multiple reincarnations. ......... I am using the words of a mukta who was realised in Ramana's presence by the way....Sri Lakshmana Swamy....... Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

hi Tony,

Some years ago I traveled to India to visit Sri Ramanasrmam. I had no need and no interest in Sri Lakshmana Swami and his disciple, Mathru Sri Sarada. I know no devotees who, after having reached Ramana and began to feel his Grace, would ever have a need or even thought to go in search of another guru. Please respect that and do not stir things up on a list of Ramana devotees,

v.

Namaste TG,I used to think that way as well....but unless you can actually eliminate all your vasanas and samskaras to remove the impediments to realisation it is very difficult... according to the Muktas and other writings.... ......Being devoted to Ramana is just giving a name to the Self.....and this may happen in many lifetimes but a living Guru has the Diksha and Saktipat/Grace to do it in this lifetime.... Just as Ramana did it for others and even animals..... .....It is Grace in this lifetime to avoid multiple reincarnations. ......... I am using the words of a mukta who was realised in Ramana's presence by the way....Sri Lakshmana Swamy....... Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

, viorica w <viorica_weissman wrote:

>

> hi Tony,

>

> Some years ago I traveled to India to visit Sri Ramanasrmam. I had no need

and no interest in  Sri Lakshmana Swami and his disciple, Mathru Sri Sarada. I

know no devotees who, after having reached Ramana and began to feel his Grace,

would ever have a need or even thought to go in search of another guru.

Please respect that and do not stir things up on a list of Ramana

devotees,  

>

> v.   

>

>

>

> Namaste TG,

>

> I used to think that way as well....but unless you can actually eliminate all

your vasanas and samskaras to remove the impediments to realisation it is very

difficult... according to the Muktas and other writings.... ......Being devoted

to Ramana is just giving a name to the Self.....and this may happen in many

lifetimes but a living Guru has the Diksha and Saktipat/Grace to do it in this

lifetime.... Just as Ramana did it for others and even animals..... .....It is

Grace in this lifetime to avoid multiple reincarnations. ......... I am using

the words of a mukta who was realised in Ramana's presence by the way....Sri

Lakshmana Swamy....... Cheers Tony.

>

Namaste Vic,

I answer in truth....I repond in truth and I speak the truth...sorry that the

truth hurts.........no offence....I'll leave...

Guest guest

AUM NAMO BHAGAVATE SRI RAMANAYA!No doubt Sri Lakshmanaswamy is a great purusha.But then Sri Ramana or Self or God are always available to turn on for any help(nay not only spiritual help).Not to wound any.....this is my viuew.Nowhere in the hsitory the lofty truth of "getting ATma Jnana" was told in such a simpler way as Bhagavan Sri Ramana told.And for Sri Ramana,"He sees Himslef in others ; and others in Himself"let me put a full stop here.--- On Mon, 3/8/10, aoclery <aoclery wrote:aoclery <aoclery Re: A Living Guru/Mukta is necessaryTo:

Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:07 PM

, viorica w <viorica_weissman@ ...> wrote:

>

> hi Tony,

>

> Some years ago I traveled to India to visit Sri Ramanasrmam. I had no need and no interest in Sri Lakshmana Swami and his disciple, Mathru Sri Sarada. I know no devotees who, after having reached Ramana and began to feel his Grace, would ever have a need or even thought to go in search of another guru.  Please respect that and do not stir things up on a list of Ramana devotees, Â

>

> v. Â Â

>

>

>

> Namaste TG,

>

> I used to think that way as well....but unless you can actually eliminate all your vasanas and samskaras to remove the impediments to realisation it is very difficult... according to the Muktas and other writings.... ......Being devoted to Ramana is just giving a name to the Self.....and this may happen in many lifetimes but a living Guru has the Diksha and Saktipat/Grace to do it in this lifetime.... Just as Ramana did it for others and even animals..... .....It is Grace in this lifetime to avoid multiple reincarnations. ......... I am using the words of a mukta who was realised in Ramana's presence by the way....Sri Lakshmana Swamy....... Cheers Tony.

>

Namaste Vic,

I answer in truth....I repond in truth and I speak the truth...sorry that the truth hurts....... ..no offence....I' ll leave...

Guest guest

does the ganges have a source for proclaiming its pure state?

aoclery <aocleryadvaitajnana Sent: Mon, March 8, 2010 10:03:42 PM A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary

Namaste,A Living Guru?Mukta is necessary and Why....Jesus, Ramana, Lakshama,Mathru Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John..14: 6. This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti... A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no longer use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy. The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed his sadhana in his previous life. The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is afraid of its own

death it will not do anything to endanger its own existence. It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief will only pretend to catch himself because he ultimately wants to escape.... Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru. This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus). The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is part of the minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome

it by effort alone. It is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The Grace of the Guru calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which otherwise prevent it from completely subsiding. Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is not true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

Namaste,

Jesus answered, " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the

This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve

reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the

A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting as

the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru

The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed his

sadhana in his previous life.

The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is

It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief

Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru then

grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru. This

can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the mind

into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru with

power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and

The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy

itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises

completely subsiding.

Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is not

true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

advaitajnana , Mahesh Kamat <mv.kamat wrote:

>

> does the ganges have a source for proclaiming its pure state?

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> aoclery <aoclery

> advaitajnana

> Mon, March 8, 2010 10:03:42 PM

>

>  

> Namaste,

>

>

> Jesus answered, " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the

>

> This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve

>

> A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting

as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru

> The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed

>

> The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is

>

> Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru

then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru.

This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the

mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru

with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and

>

> The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy

completely subsiding.

>

> Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is

>

> Cheers Tony.

>

Namaste Mahesh,

That is too obtuse to be understood readily please explain...Tony

Guest guest

in the stream of knowledge "I am" where is the beginning (guru) & where is the end (mukta)?

-mahesh

aoclery <aocleryadvaitajnana Sent: Tue, March 9, 2010 11:06:58 PM Re: A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary

advaitajnana, Mahesh Kamat <mv.kamat@.. .> wrote:>> does the ganges have a source for proclaiming its pure state? > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> aoclery <aoclery >> advaitajnana> Mon, March 8, 2010 10:03:42 PM> A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary> > Â > Namaste,> > A Living Guru?Mukta is necessary and Why....Jesus, Ramana, Lakshama,Mathru > > Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John..14:

6. > > This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve reallisation. ..and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to the Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti... > > A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human guru can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no longer use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy. > The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed his sadhana in his previous life. > > The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind is afraid of its own death it will not do anything to endanger its own existence. It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch himself; the thief will only pretend to catch himself

because he ultimately wants to escape.... > > Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the guru. This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot pull the mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A real Mukta Guru with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not Sadguru Muktas..and probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus). > > The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to destroy itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great fear arises which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is part of the minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome it by effort alone. It is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The Grace of the Guru calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which

otherwise prevent it from completely subsiding. > > Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is not true. This is only a stage one passes through on the way.> > Cheers Tony.>Namaste Mahesh,That is too obtuse to be understood readily please explain...Tony

Guest guest

advaitajnana , Mahesh Kamat <mv.kamat wrote:

>

> in the stream of knowledge  " I am " where is the beginning (guru) & where is

the end (mukta)?

> -mahesh

Namaste M,

Yes if you are realised but as Sankara says..it is real while you are in

it................Tony

Guest guest

Thank you Tony-ji for your message. Grace is needed indeed for

Self-Realization.

You say that a human Guru is essential for Self-Realization. Possibly that

is true. I believe the Shakracharya of Kanchi (I read it on this list) said

that if the devotee is sincere, the Lord Himself enters the body of even an

unenlightened guru and grants Grace.

So we should not be so rigid in our thinking. After all, it is only the mind

that thinks one way or another. It is that very same mind which has to be

surrendered to the Lord, the Self, that sits in our Heart.

Bhagavan Ramana used to say that the Guru is not the body.

In any case, there is no harm in keeping an open mind. Bhagavan's Grace

falls on all without distinction.

Namaste and love to all

Harsha

advaitin [advaitin ] On Behalf

Of aoclery

Monday, March 08, 2010 11:35 AM

advaitin

A Living Guru/Mukta is necessary

Namaste,

Jesus answered, " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to

the Father except through me.John..14:6.

This is Jesus telling his devotees that they need him physically to achieve

reallisation...and is a typical Vedanta teaching...Jesus always referred to

the Self as the Father....even though he was the Son or Sakti...

A Living human Guru is essential for Self Realisation. It is the Self acting

as the medium of the Guru which finally destroys the ego and only the human

guru can act as the medium. When the guru gives up his body The Self can no

longer use him to destroy the devotee's ego...Sri Lakshmana Swamy.

The exception .Ramana Maharshi was a very advanced soul and almost completed

The mind can never eliminate itself without the grace of the Self. The mind

is afraid of its own death it will not do anything to endanger its own

existence. It is like a thief who poses as a policeman in order to catch

himself; the thief will only pretend to catch himself because he ultimately

wants to escape....

Lakshmana says If one concentrates on and has devotion towards a dead guru

then grace will come from the unmanifest Self and not from the form of the

guru. This can take one to an effortless thought free state but it cannot

pull the mind into the Self and destroy it...Only a Guru can do this.( A

real Mukta Guru with power of diksha and saktipat. 99.99% of Gurus are not

Sadguru Muktas..and probably 100% of Western teacher satsang gurus).

The mind will engage in sadhana or practise thinking that it wants to

destroy itself, but as soon as the mind starts to sink in the Heart, a great

fear arises which prevents the mind from completely subsiding. This fear is

part of the minds self defence mechanism and you will never overcome it by

effort alone. It is because of this that you need a Guru..Mukta Guru...--The

Grace of the Guru calms the mind and helps it overcome the fear which

otherwise prevent it from completely subsiding.

Some people say complete equanimity of mind is Self realisation, but this is

Cheers Tony.

---

Guest guest

advaitin , " Harsha " wrote:

>

> Thank you Tony-ji for your message. Grace is needed indeed for

> Self-Realization.

Namaste,

An excellent resource on the subject of Grace, is Prof. VK-ji's :

http://www.krishnamurthys.com/profvk/gohitvip/75.html

Beach 7: The Art and Science of Spiritual Love

Wave 5: Descent of Divine Grace

Regards,

Sunder

Guest guest

>

> Self-Realization.

>

> You say that a human Guru is essential for Self-Realization. Possibly that

> is true. I believe the Shakracharya of Kanchi (I read it on this list) said

> that if the devotee is sincere, the Lord Himself enters the body of even an

> unenlightened guru and grants Grace.

>

> So we should not be so rigid in our thinking. After all, it is only the mind

> that thinks one way or another. It is that very same mind which has to be

> surrendered to the Lord, the Self, that sits in our Heart.

>

> Bhagavan Ramana used to say that the Guru is not the body.

>

> In any case, there is no harm in keeping an open mind. Bhagavan's Grace

> falls on all without distinction.

>

> Namaste and love to all

> Harsha

>

Namaste Harsha-ji, You think that I am rigid?

You will note that my post was almost all directly lifted from the words of Sri

Lakshamana Swami....with some possible inference of the Mundaka....I am not a

Mukti to state such a thing...However it is my understanding that if the vasanas

are destroyed by Jnana or Bhakti then the 'Grace' can shine through as it is

there all the time...So then it would be the inner guru that

enlightens...However if one is not so advanced as Ramana but on the verge of

realisation as was Mathru Sri Sarada then the intervention of a physical guru

was apparently necessary..Also a living Guru can dispense Saktipat and Diksha to

devotees, and only living Guru can be the medium for that..Ramana did this

intervention with his mother and with several animals...a deer, Lakshmi the Cow

etc. Sri Lakshmana Swami also did it with Sarada and with animals as

well....even a rat...

Without insulting anybody a Mukta doesn't exist after death only the Self...So

Ramana isn't around anymore but as a name for the Inner Guru or Self..This then

posits the question whether one is advanced enough in the removal of vasanas to

get one's own Grace so to speak or whether the intervention of a Guru with

Saktipat and Diksha would be beneficial.. In my case I'm afraid I would need the

living guru...at this point in my sadhana...Cheers Tony.

As you know on an ashram I was visited by a subtle yogi or siddha some years

ago...and given some Diksha...which helped me progress from the position that I

was in...Also when I was visiting my late father in Wales, where he had retired,

I went up on a mountain and did a meditation....on awakening I had two words in

my mind in Welsh..Clwyd Bach or similar....I don't speak Welsh so I had to ask

my father who did and he said it meant 'a small gateway'..I didn't see the

expression in that way for many years, then I came across the exact terminology

spoken by a now living Guru.....Auspicious...hopefully...........Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

advaitajnana , " aoclery " <aoclery wrote:

>

>

>

> advaitajnana , Mahesh Kamat <mv.kamat@> wrote:

> >

> > in the stream of knowledge  " I am " where is the beginning (guru) & where is

the end (mukta)?

> > -mahesh

>

> Namaste M,

>

> Yes if you are realised but as Sankara says..it is real while you are in

it................>

>

> Self-Realization.

>

> You say that a human Guru is essential for Self-Realization. Possibly that

> is true. I believe the Shakracharya of Kanchi (I read it on this list) said

> that if the devotee is sincere, the Lord Himself enters the body of even an

> unenlightened guru and grants Grace.

>

> So we should not be so rigid in our thinking. After all, it is only the mind

> that thinks one way or another. It is that very same mind which has to be

> surrendered to the Lord, the Self, that sits in our Heart.

>

> Bhagavan Ramana used to say that the Guru is not the body.

>

> In any case, there is no harm in keeping an open mind. Bhagavan's Grace

> falls on all without distinction.

>

> Namaste and love to all

> Harsha

>

Namaste Harsha-ji, You think that I am rigid?

You will note that my post was almost all directly lifted from the words of Sri

Lakshamana Swami....with some possible inference of the Mundaka....I am not a

Mukti to state such a thing...However it is my understanding that if the vasanas

are destroyed by Jnana or Bhakti then the 'Grace' can shine through as it is

there all the time...So then it would be the inner guru that

enlightens...However if one is not so advanced as Ramana but on the verge of

realisation as was Mathru Sri Sarada then the intervention of a physical guru

was apparently necessary..Also a living Guru can dispense Saktipat and Diksha to

devotees, and only living Guru can be the medium for that..Ramana did this

intervention with his mother and with several animals...a deer, Lakshmi the Cow

etc. Sri Lakshmana Swami also did it with Sarada and with animals as

well....even a rat...

Without insulting anybody a Mukta doesn't exist after death only the Self...So

Ramana isn't around anymore but as a name for the Inner Guru or Self..This then

posits the question whether one is advanced enough in the removal of vasanas to

get one's own Grace so to speak or whether the intervention of a Guru with

Saktipat and Diksha would be beneficial.. In my case I'm afraid I would need the

living guru...at this point in my sadhana...Cheers Tony.

As you know on an ashram I was visited by a subtle yogi or siddha some years

ago...and given some Diksha...which helped me progress from the position that I

was in...Also when I was visiting my late father in Wales, where he had retired,

I went up on a mountain and did a meditation....on awakening I had two words in

my mind in Welsh..Clwyd Bach or similar....I don't speak Welsh so I had to ask

my father who did and he said it meant 'a small gateway'..I didn't see the

expression in that way for many years, then I came across the exact terminology

spoken by a now living Guru.....Auspicious...hopefully...........Cheers Tony.

Guest guest

El 16/03/2010, a las 17:10, aoclery escribió:advaitin , "Harsha" wrote:>> Thank you Tony-ji for your message. Grace is needed indeed for> Self-Realization.> > You say that a human Guru is essential for Self-Realization. Possibly that> is true. I believe the Shakracharya of Kanchi (I read it on this list) said> that if the devotee is sincere, the Lord Himself enters the body of even an> unenlightened guru and grants Grace.> > So we should not be so rigid in our thinking. After all, it is only the mind> that thinks one way or another. It is that very same mind which has to be> surrendered to the Lord, the Self, that sits in our Heart.> > Bhagavan Ramana used to say that the Guru is not the body. > > In any case, there is no harm in keeping an open mind. Bhagavan's Grace> falls on all without distinction. > > Namaste and love to all> Harsha> Namaste Harsha-ji, You think that I am rigid?You will note that my post was almost all directly lifted from the words of Sri Lakshamana Swami....with some possible inference of the Mundaka....I am not a Mukti to state such a thing...However it is my understanding that if the vasanas are destroyed by Jnana or Bhakti then the 'Grace' can shine through as it is there all the time...So then it would be the inner guru that enlightens...However if one is not so advanced as Ramana but on the verge of realisation as was Mathru Sri Sarada then the intervention of a physical guru was apparently necessary..Also a living Guru can dispense Saktipat and Diksha to devotees, and only living Guru can be the medium for that..Ramana did this intervention with his mother and with several animals...a deer, Lakshmi the Cow etc. Sri Lakshmana Swami also did it with Sarada and with animals as well....even a rat...Without insulting anybody a Mukta doesn't exist after death only the Self...So Ramana isn't around anymore but as a name for the Inner Guru or Self..This then posits the question whether one is advanced enough in the removal of vasanas to get one's own Grace so to speak or whether the intervention of a Guru with Saktipat and Diksha would be beneficial.. In my case I'm afraid I would need the living guru...at this point in my sadhana...Cheers Tony.As you know on an ashram I was visited by a subtle yogi or siddha some years ago...and given some Diksha...which helped me progress from the position that I was in...Also when I was visiting my late father in Wales, where he had retired, I went up on a mountain and did a meditation....on awakening I had two words in my mind in Welsh..Clwyd Bach or similar....I don't speak Welsh so I had to ask my father who did and he said it meant 'a small gateway'..I didn't see the expression in that way for many years, then I came across the exact terminology spoken by a now living Guru.....Auspicious...hopefully...........Cheers Tony.Namaste, Tony-ji,You are a devotee inside indeed. Behind all that Gnana therein lies a bhakta. Could not be otherwise for an Irish. I pray to God to make good your auspicious signs.Raman Ramon Leonatoramanhttp://ifsu.org