IndiaDivine.org

Tri Basic View Of Life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

From : H.N.Sreenivasa murthyPranams to all members.Dear learned members, A vedantic friend of mine asked me the following questions: [a-1] : The states of waking, dream and deepsleep, are these states that are events that occur in time? [a-2] Do these events occur in space ? [a-3] Do these events occur in the same time/space series? [a-4] I appropriate these events to myself. Then who is that 'I' that is common to all these states ? [a-5] Is it possible to get answers to these questionsfrom LIFE only without referring to any scriptures ?I request the members to throw light on these questions.With warm and respectful regards, Sreenivasa Murthy.

Guest guest

praNAms Sri Srinivas prabhuji

Hare Krishna

If you could permit me, I'd like to share my 2 paisa worth blunt thoughts :-))

[a-1] : The states of waking, dream and deepsleep, are these states that are events that occur in time?

> Which time?? if you ask me, my answer is no, strictly speaking if one analyses his anubhava of these states, the time sequence is not *uniform* in all these states..

[a-2] Do these events occur in space ?

> again, a suitable definition of *space* in accordance with these states is very much needed to answer this question.

[a-3] Do these events occur in the same time/space series?

> Ofcourse no..these events have their own unique time & space frame...

[a-4] I appropriate these events to myself. Then who is that 'I' that is common to all these states ?

> Answer to this question varies from aspirants who have different backgrounds...a loukika without any shAstric or philosophical backgroud would say, its me (he may point out here his stula sharira to point out *me*) who is seeing this world right now...so what?? would be his counter question, if he is too mischievous to up against your arguments :-))

[a-5] Is it possible to get answers to these questions

from LIFE only without referring to any scriptures ?

> I dont think it is possible to give *an intended* answer to these question based on mere LIFE experience.. A loukika who simply answers these questions based on his day to day experience would not even get a glimpse of what exactly the intended answers to these questions & what exactly is the purpose behind asking these question !! ...And if at all he gives answer to these question purely on the basis of his *own* anubhava, those answers would not help him in anyway to *know* his svarUpa in all the three states...

> I would like to know how one would get emancipation or realizes his true nature by merely answering these questions *WITHOUT* the aid of scriptures or AchAryOpadEsha...

I request the members to throw light on these questions.

> I think shruti/scriptures & anubhava should go hand in hand while dealing with this avathAtraya (tri basic methodology ) prakriya...that is the reason why shankara says, to do brahma jignAsa both shAstra as well as anubhava are the valid pramANa-s.

With warm and respectful regards,

Sreenivasa Murthy.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar