core. The outer shell consists of rites, rituals, ceremonies,

beliefs, myths and doctrines. These vary from one religion to

another. But there is an inner core common to all religions: the

universal teachings of morality and charity, of a disciplined and

pure mind full of love, compassion, goodwill and tolerance. It is

this common denominator that religious leaders ought to emphasize,

and that religious adherents ought to practice. If proper importance

is given to the essence of all religions and greater tolerance is

shown for their superficial aspects, conflict can be minimized.

" Let us set aside our differences. Let us give attention to what we

can agree on, and let us put it into practice. Why quarrel? "

All persons must be free to profess and follow their faith. In doing

so, however, they must be careful not to neglect the practice of the

essence of their religion, not to disturb others by their own

religious practices, and not to condemn or belittle other faiths.

Every religion worthy of the name calls on its followers to live a

moral and ethical way of life, to attain mastery over the mind and to

cultivate purity of heart. One tradition tells us, " Love thy

neighbour " ; another says, Salaam walekum - " May peace be with you " ;

still another says, Bhavatu sabbamangalam or Sarve bhavantu sukhinah -

" May all beings be happy. " Whether it is the Bible, the Koran or the

Gita, the scriptures call for peace and amity. From Mahavir to Jesus,

all great founders of religions have been ideals of tolerance and

peace. Yet our world is often driven by religious and sectarian

strife, or even war - because we give importance only to the outer

shell of religion and neglect its essence. The result is a lack of

love and compassion in the mind.

One should not honour only one's own religion and condemn other

religions. Instead, one should honour other religions for various

reasons. By so doing one helps one's own religion to grow and also

renders service to the religions of others. In acting otherwise one

digs the grave of one's own religion and harms other religions as

well. Someone who honours his own religion and condemns other

religions may do so out of devotion to his religion, thinking, 'I

will glorify my religion'; but his actions injure his own religion

more gravely. Concord is good. Let all listen and be willing to

listen to the doctrines professed by others – ASHOKA the Great

Stiving for World peace.

Hari OM!

Dear Advaitins,

There is only One religion that tolerates all the attrocities against it the Hindu religion (Sanatana Dharma)

Silently tolerates, ... but all the aggressive semintic religions wants to change people according

to their philosophies. and change the world.

The Beauty of Sanatana Dharma is it never tarnish any other religion, and never want any forcible

or materialistic conversion.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 12/30/08, jabalimuni <jabalimuni wrote:

AWARNESS FOR PEACEFULL LIFEWhen there is darkness, light is needed. Today, with so much agony caused by violent conflict, war and bloodshed, the world badly needs peace and harmony. This is a great challenge for all religions. Let

us accept this challenge. Peace in the world cannot be achieved unless there is peace within individualsReligion sets us not apart; it teaches peace and purity of heartEvery religion has an outer form or shell, and an inner essence or

core. The outer shell consists of rites, rituals, ceremonies, beliefs, myths and doctrines. These vary from one religion to another. But there is an inner core common to all religions: the universal teachings of morality and charity, of a disciplined and

pure mind full of love, compassion, goodwill and tolerance. It is this common denominator that religious leaders ought to emphasize, and that religious adherents ought to practice. If proper importance is given to the essence of all religions and greater tolerance is

shown for their superficial aspects, conflict can be minimized. " Let us set aside our differences. Let us give attention to what we can agree on, and let us put it into practice. Why quarrel? " All persons must be free to profess and follow their faith. In doing

so, however, they must be careful not to neglect the practice of the essence of their religion, not to disturb others by their own religious practices, and not to condemn or belittle other faiths.Every religion worthy of the name calls on its followers to live a

moral and ethical way of life, to attain mastery over the mind and to cultivate purity of heart. One tradition tells us, " Love thy neighbour " ; another says, Salaam walekum - " May peace be with you " ;

still another says, Bhavatu sabbamangalam or Sarve bhavantu sukhinah - " May all beings be happy. " Whether it is the Bible, the Koran or the Gita, the scriptures call for peace and amity. From Mahavir to Jesus,

all great founders of religions have been ideals of tolerance and peace. Yet our world is often driven by religious and sectarian strife, or even war - because we give importance only to the outer shell of religion and neglect its essence. The result is a lack of

love and compassion in the mind. One should not honour only one's own religion and condemn other religions. Instead, one should honour other religions for various reasons. By so doing one helps one's own religion to grow and also

renders service to the religions of others. In acting otherwise one digs the grave of one's own religion and harms other religions as well. Someone who honours his own religion and condemns other religions may do so out of devotion to his religion, thinking, 'I

will glorify my religion'; but his actions injure his own religion more gravely. Concord is good. Let all listen and be willing to listen to the doctrines professed by others – ASHOKA the GreatStiving for World peace.

-- http://www.chyk.net

Smooth roads never make good drivers. Smooth seas never makegood sailors. Clear skies never make good pilots. A problemfree life never makes a strong and good person. Have a toughbut winning day ahead! Be strong enough to accept the

challenges of life. Do not ask life, 'Why me?' instead say,'Try me'. " Hindu civilization is something of which I am very proud of.If that is evidence of my being 'communal',then my inner voice tells me, 'SO BE IT' "

Krishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest.

As Poojya Gurudev said it, " Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly! " Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Dear Krishna Prasad

only now did i read your email.

Please check about the jewish religion. If you start to know it you will realize that this religion does not try to convert others.

Please try to be more careful with your statements, especially in "dark times" like now

all the best to you

in Sri Ramana Mahararshi

PS people on the nondualway of Advaita should NOT judge - we should learn to "watch" in STILLNESS

michael bindel

-

Krishna Prasad

advaitin

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 4:27 AM

Re: Religion should help for world peace

Hari OM!

Dear Advaitins,

There is only One religion that tolerates all the attrocities against it the Hindu religion (Sanatana Dharma)

Silently tolerates, ... but all the aggressive semintic religions wants to change people according

to their philosophies. and change the world.

The Beauty of Sanatana Dharma is it never tarnish any other religion, and never want any forcible

or materialistic conversion.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 12/30/08, jabalimuni <jabalimuni > wrote:

AWARNESS FOR PEACEFULL LIFEWhen there is darkness, light is needed. Today, with so much agony caused by violent conflict, war and bloodshed, the world badly needs peace and harmony. This is a great challenge for all religions. Let us accept this challenge. Peace in the world cannot be achieved unless there is peace within individualsReligion sets us not apart; it teaches peace and purity of heartEvery religion has an outer form or shell, and an inner essence or core. The outer shell consists of rites, rituals, ceremonies, beliefs, myths and doctrines. These vary from one religion to another. But there is an inner core common to all religions: the universal teachings of morality and charity, of a disciplined and pure mind full of love, compassion, goodwill and tolerance. It is this common denominator that religious leaders ought to emphasize, and that religious adherents ought to practice. If proper importance is given to the essence of all religions and greater tolerance is shown for their superficial aspects, conflict can be minimized. "Let us set aside our differences. Let us give attention to what we can agree on, and let us put it into practice. Why quarrel?"All persons must be free to profess and follow their faith. In doing so, however, they must be careful not to neglect the practice of the essence of their religion, not to disturb others by their own religious practices, and not to condemn or belittle other faiths.Every religion worthy of the name calls on its followers to live a moral and ethical way of life, to attain mastery over the mind and to cultivate purity of heart. One tradition tells us, "Love thy neighbour"; another says, Salaam walekum - "May peace be with you"; still another says, Bhavatu sabbamangalam or Sarve bhavantu sukhinah -"May all beings be happy." Whether it is the Bible, the Koran or the Gita, the scriptures call for peace and amity. From Mahavir to Jesus, all great founders of religions have been ideals of tolerance and peace. Yet our world is often driven by religious and sectarian strife, or even war - because we give importance only to the outer shell of religion and neglect its essence. The result is a lack of love and compassion in the mind. One should not honour only one's own religion and condemn other religions. Instead, one should honour other religions for various reasons. By so doing one helps one's own religion to grow and also renders service to the religions of others. In acting otherwise one digs the grave of one's own religion and harms other religions as well. Someone who honours his own religion and condemns other religions may do so out of devotion to his religion, thinking, 'I will glorify my religion'; but his actions injure his own religion more gravely. Concord is good. Let all listen and be willing to listen to the doctrines professed by others – ASHOKA the GreatStiving for World peace.-- http://www.chyk.netSmooth roads never make good drivers. Smooth seas never makegood sailors. Clear skies never make good pilots. A problemfree life never makes a strong and good person. Have a toughbut winning day ahead! Be strong enough to accept thechallenges of life. Do not ask life, 'Why me?' instead say,'Try me'."Hindu civilization is something of which I am very proud of.If that is evidence of my being 'communal',then my inner voice tells me, 'SO BE IT'"Krishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred."

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1869 - Release 30/12/2008 12.06

Hari OM!

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the clarification.

And Please read this statement carefully if you missed it by chance.

" but all the aggressive semintic religions wants to change people according

to their philosophies. and change the world. "

I am aware that.. there are parsi, Jewish, et.. al religion which is non agressive, and do not believe in conversion and Peace loving.

Have a Happy New Year 2009!(Christ Year New Year!)

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 1/1/09, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel wrote:

only now did i read your email.

Please check about the jewish religion. If you ...................

advaitin , " Krishna Prasad " <rkrishp99

wrote:

>

> Hari OM!

>

> Dear Michael,

>

> Thanks for the clarification.

>

> And Please read this statement carefully if you missed it by

chance.

>

> * " but all the aggressive semintic religions wants to change people

according

> * *to their philosophies. and change the world. " *

> **

> I am aware that.. there are parsi, Jewish, et.. al religion which

is non

> agressive, and do not believe in conversion and Peace loving.

>

>

There are multiple elements: regarding toleration, acceptance, " my

way is the only way " , " make others follow my way " , etc. It is true

that we can be comfortable with anyone who does not promote the

last; that however is one aspect if we are to assess religions on

this topic in entirety.

thollmelukaalkizhu

Hari Om

thank you for your reply and clarification

reason for overlooking it

its "saddening" for "this person michael" to realize that since having had the Grace of being born again nearly 70 years ago the same game is played everywhere

had to realize finally that all wishful "thinking" how the "humans" the "world" should be is completely senseless

everything IS like it IS and it is okay like it IS

because SELFGDLOVE how we call it is completely "in charge" and all our socalled lifestories are just a DREAM

in consciousness

but dear unknown friend

even knowing IT in the heart it is still a incredible ongoing CHALLENGE to accept it always in every moment even in the worst moments

and you know what makes it so difficult too

being like michael is michael has the talent to realize all the lying cheating manipulation ongoing in this outward world

but let me finish this message with a wonderful very old jewish saying a goodwill wish

may you become a REAL MENSCH

(a real human being)

what "of course" is the same - at least for michael - of realizing SELF

all the best to you unknown brother on the "way back home"

in love in GD

michael bindel

-

putranm

advaitin

Friday, January 02, 2009 5:02 AM

Re: Religion should help for world peace

advaitin , "Krishna Prasad" <rkrishp99 wrote:>> Hari OM!> > Dear Michael,> > Thanks for the clarification.> > And Please read this statement carefully if you missed it by chance.> > *"but all the aggressive semintic religions wants to change people according> * *to their philosophies. and change the world."*> **> I am aware that.. there are parsi, Jewish, et.. al religion which is non> agressive, and do not believe in conversion and Peace loving.> >There are multiple elements: regarding toleration, acceptance, "my way is the only way", "make others follow my way", etc. It is true that we can be comfortable with anyone who does not promote the last; that however is one aspect if we are to assess religions on this topic in entirety. thollmelukaalkizhu

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1870 - Release 31/12/2008 8.44

Yes, as your 'detached' reply shows, one tends to be held deeply by

outer connections. Lets not mushy with religious brotherhood in an

advaita forum. If allegiances are to be claimed, it is formally with

Hinduism, as far as the listing is concerned. As far as

spiritual potential is concerned, yes they are there in other

religions as well, but to extend freely between " non-conversion "

and " acceptance of other paths " is a different matter. (Requires

deeper analysis from scriptural and practical standpoints, than

assertions from arbitrary practisioners: this forum is probably not

the place for such analysis, nor for empty nods in the name of

advaita). THanks.

thollmelukaalkizhu