IndiaDivine.org

Question about Mananam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On 2/25/09 8:33 AM, "Ram Chandran" <ramvchandran wrote:> The Sanskrit word Mananam translates as "Reflections upon Truth." > Mananam is the spiritual practice of reflecting upon the teachings of > the scriptures. By deeply thinking upon the words of the scriptures > and through logical reasoning, we can clear the mind of its > restlessness and come to recognize our true nature.Assimilating the knowledge through enquiry to the full conviction of

the intellect. (mananam).Namaste Sri RamJi,Since I'm still learning, please bear with me.As far as I've been told Mananam not only refers to reflect about the truths presented by a Teacher, in whom we have complete trust, but also clearing one's doubts after reflecting, if doubts appear. Am I right up to this point?You recently wrote, quoting Swami ParamarthanandaJi:Assimilating the knowledge through enquiry to the full conviction of

the intellect. (mananam).How is this assimilation and enquiry will take place if I am cut off from the Teaching and the Teacher's willing to clear my doubts, if they appear?The very fact that I am asking you these questions is part of my Mananam, RamJi. Imagine if you have told me at the end of your posting that you don't want to discuss it anymore, it wouldn't have been very reassuring, isn't it?Thanks for your time and willing to interact.yours in Bhagavan,Mouna