IndiaDivine.org

Politics in Tiru - Jaya visits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

this posting is about a recent visit to Tiruvannamalai by J Jayalalithia

(popularly called " Jaya " ), the head of the AIADMK party, ahead of next week's

election. This is not related to spirituality as is usual with my posts, but

shows a bit of Tiruvannamalai life. I thought this would be of interest to some

of you, especially those not familiar with Indian politics.

http://richardarunachala.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/politics-in-tiruvannamalai-jay\

a-visits-tiru/

Enjoy~

Om Arunachala,

Richard

Guest guest

richard ji :

{Over her shoulder is MGR (with the hat), and another man. I do not know who he

is. Twigs from a tree are casting shadows over this poster.}

The other man is " Anna Dorai " , anna=big brother ;dorai=his name.He is the mentor

for MGR & MUKA of AIADMK and DMK.AIADMK is traditionally an ally of USA

policies,as MGR was pro-american.I think Jaya follows her mentors footsteps

too.MGR is a believer of all faiths,especially Hindu religion unlike other

political parties of the state.Just my 2 cents info :).

suresh.

advaitin , " Richard Clarke " <richard wrote:

>

> this posting is about a recent visit to Tiruvannamalai by J Jayalalithia

(popularly called " Jaya " ), the head of the AIADMK party, ahead of next week's

election. This is not related to spirituality as is usual with my posts, but

shows a bit of Tiruvannamalai life. I thought this would be of interest to some

of you, especially those not familiar with Indian politics.

>

>

http://richardarunachala.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/politics-in-tiruvannamalai-jay\

a-visits-tiru/

>

> Enjoy~

>

> Om Arunachala,

> Richard

>

Guest guest

Dear Richard ..

As usual a very informative posting and just as you said , those not familiar with Indian Politics may find it very interesting and intriguing..

Your post reminds me of the predictions made in the Srimad Bhagavatam about the nature of politics in the holy land of Bharat during the Kali yuga .. Some excerpts are reproduced below . One will be stunned by the accuracy of the predictions.

Quote :

The land along the Sindhu River, as well as the districts of Candrabhaga, Kaunti and Kasmira, will be ruled by sudras, fallen brahmanas and meat-eaters. Having given up the path of Vedic civilization, they will have lost all spiritual strength.

There will be many such uncivilized kings ruling at the same time, O King Pariksit, and they will all be uncharitable, possessed of fierce tempers, and great devotees of irreligion and falsity.

These barbarians in the guise of kings will devour the citizenry, murdering innocent women, children, cows and brahmanas and coveting the wives and property of other men. They will be erratic in their moods, have little strength of character and be very short-lived. Indeed, not purified by any Vedic rituals and lacking in the practice of regulative principles, they will be completely covered by the modes of passion and ignorance.

In Kali-yuga, wealth alone will be considered the sign of a man's good birth, proper behavior and fine qualities. And law and justice will be applied only on the basis of one's power.

Men and women will live together merely because of superficial attraction, and success in business will depend on deceit. Womanliness and manliness will be judged according to one's expertise in sex, and a man will be known as a brahmana just by his wearing a thread.

A person's spiritual position will be ascertained merely according to external symbols, and on that same basis people will change from one spiritual order to the next. A person's propriety will be seriously questioned if he does not earn a good living. And one who is very clever at juggling words will be considered a learned scholar.

A person will be judged unholy if he does not have money, and hypocrisy will be accepted as virtue. Marriage will be arranged simply by verbal agreement, and a person will think he is fit to appear in public if he has merely taken a bath.

A sacred place will be taken to consist of no more than a reservoir of water located at a distance, and beauty will be thought to depend on one's hairstyle. Filling the belly will become the goal of life, and one who is audacious will be accepted as truthful. He who can maintain a family will be regarded as an expert man, and the principles of religion will be observed only for the sake of reputation.

As the earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.

Unquote ..

Love

ramesh

--- On Sat, 5/9/09, Richard Clarke <richard wrote:

Richard Clarke <richard Politics in Tiru - Jaya visits Date: Saturday, May 9, 2009, 4:47 PM

this posting is about a recent visit to Tiruvannamalai by J Jayalalithia (popularly called "Jaya"), the head of the AIADMK party, ahead of next week's election. This is not related to spirituality as is usual with my posts, but shows a bit of Tiruvannamalai life. I thought this would be of interest to some of you, especially those not familiar with Indian politics. http://richardaruna chala.wordpress. com/2009/ 05/09/politics- in-tiruvannamala i-jaya-visits- tiru/Enjoy~Om Arunachala,Richard