>

> nAsham = destruction

>

>

> Regards,

>

> Sunder

>

I couldnt avoid laughing like anything Bhaskar.......My god; never imagined you will have such a sense of humour........Thanks & Regards,Venkat.Sadgurubhyo Namah.--- On Fri, 19/2/10, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr wrote:

Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yrRe: Re: The meaning of surArAtinAsham in vedasArashivastrotramadvaitin Date: Friday, 19 February, 2010, 2:19 PM

Why to break our heads on this simple sandhi when Shri Sundarji has beautifully explained. praNAms Hare Krishna It is because, we the advaitins, dont want to live a simple life :-))...that is why we dont leave even shiva...we want to cut his name into pieces and wanted to see the 'satya' in it :-)) Hari Hari Hari Bol!!! bhaskar

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

In that case Bhaskar, "Ajnaya or Tamas" has to be Bhavarupa.......!!!!

--- On Fri, 19/2/10, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr wrote:

Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yrRe: Re: The meaning of surArAtinAsham in vedasArashivastrotramadvaitin Date: Friday, 19 February, 2010, 3:00 PM

Yes. Siva Purana has ample of such incidences where Siva destroys the rakshasas like gajasura, andhakasura, tripurasura etc. who pestered devatas.

praNAms Hare Krishna Frankly, I wanted to see the subtle esoteric meaning in these 'asura saMhAra' prabhuji, I dont think these episodes are meant to show us the 'physical strength' of shiva bhagavan...it certainly has more symbolic meaning which we should understand according to vedAntic purports. For example, andha means dark (tamas) shiva is the destroyer of this tamas (ajnAna) in us... Hari Hari Hari Bol!!! bhaskar

The word is SurArArtinAsam. What I have done below is only SurArtinAsam. Hence Br. Chaitanya is correct I think not me.

Unless of course - SurAnAmArthihi itself is gramatically SurArArthihi; which I feel is not incorrect.......Thanks & Regards,Venkat.Sadgurubhyo Namah.--- On Thu, 18/2/10, Venkata Subramanian <venkat_advaita wrote:

Venkata Subramanian <venkat_advaitaRe: Re: The meaning of surArAtinAsham in vedasArashivastrotramadvaitin Date: Thursday, 18 February, 2010, 10:56 AM

Well I wish to say this though I have not learnt grammer traditionally.

SurArArtinasam would be dissloved as follows:-

SurAnAm Arthihi = SurArthihi (Tatpurusha Shashti Samasam).

Tasya, SurArthehe NAsam, SurArthinAsam.

Am I correct Vidyashankar /Jhaldhar ?!Thanks & Regards,Venkat.Sadgurubhyo Namah.--- On Thu, 18/2/10, snsastri <sn.sastri (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

snsastri <sn.sastri (AT) gmail (DOT) com> Re: The meaning of surArAtinAsham in vedasArashivastrotr amadvaitin@ s.comThursday, 18 February, 2010, 10:45 AM

I was about to give the meaning when I found that Sunder-ji had already given it. I agree with it.S.N.Sastri advaitin@ s.com, "sunderh" <sunderh > wrote:>> > > advaitin@ s.com, "ravishivde" <shivde@> wrote:> >> > While reading veda sAra shivastotram, a poem of sublime beauty by BhagwAn Shankara, I got stuck-up on the word 'surArAtinAsham' . I do not know how to break it up (vigraha). Translators are not unanimous in its interpretation. It is translated variously as 'destroyer of the enemies of gods'and 'reliever of distress of gods'.> > > > > Namaste,> > The sandhi-vichchheda

is:> > sura + ArAti + nAsham> > sura = god(s)> > ArAti = enemy [ArAti m. enemy (= %{arAti} q.v.) MaitrS. M-W Dict.]> > nAsham = destruction> > > Regards,> > Sunder>

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Namaste,

In the Samata Books edition of Shankara's Complete Works, the word is:

surArAtinasham (not '...ArtinAsham' ).

Regards,

Sunder

advaitin , Venkata Subramanian <venkat_advaita wrote:

>

> The word is SurArArtinAsam.  What I have done below is only SurArtinAsam. 

Hence Br. Chaitanya is correct I think not me.

>  

> Unless of course - SurAnAmArthihi itself is gramatically SurArArthihi; which I

feel is not incorrect.......

>

In that case Bhaskar, " Ajnaya or Tamas " has

to be Bhavarupa.......!!!!

praNAms

Hare Krishna

You caught me right at the neck!!! :-))

In that case, let the gajacharmAmbaradhAri, gangAdhara, shiva bhagavan

wrestle with sumo fighter andhakAsura...It is better to accept physical

fight between these two rather than accepting the bhAvarUpa mulAvidyA :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar

Interestingly I read that "Ajnana" is JnanAbhava for the Naiyakikas - especially the Navya Nyayikas. Thanks & Regards,Venkat.Sadgurubhyo Namah.--- On Sat, 20/2/10, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr wrote:

Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yrRe: Re: The meaning of surArAtinAsham in vedasArashivastrotramadvaitin Date: Saturday, 20 February, 2010, 1:34 PM

In that case Bhaskar, "Ajnaya or Tamas" has to be Bhavarupa... ....!!!! praNAms Hare Krishna You caught me right at the neck!!! :-)) In that case, let the gajacharmAmbaradhAr i, gangAdhara, shiva bhagavan wrestle with sumo fighter andhakAsura. ..It is better to accept physical fight between these two rather than accepting the bhAvarUpa mulAvidyA :-)) Hari Hari Hari Bol!!! bhaskar

Interestingly I read that " Ajnana " is JnanAbhava

for the Naiyakikas - especially the Navya Nyayikas.

praNAms

Hare Krishna

Even shankara also says somewhere that

jnAnAbhAva is one of the 'lakshaNa-s' of avidyA...It is only post shankara

vyAkhyAnakAra-s concocted this bhAvarUpa mUlAvidyA theory & said

it is anAdi and has the existence in brahman...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar