IndiaDivine.org

Dear Advaitin group subscribers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Advaitin group rs,This is just a notification to announce a new blog on examiners.com and I do hope that I am not offending anybody here with this message. Please note that I am not here to advertise this section nor am I gaining any profits from these articles. I started submitting articles for this online website after a few friends sincerely requested me to write simple philosophical articles on Sanatana Dharma and Advaita Vedanta. I consider myself as a novice in this subject. I therefore kindly request all of you (when you get the chance) to add value to these articles with your invaluable comments so that people who are aspiring to learn some of the salient concepts of our philosophy would adequately benefit from this endeavor. http://www.examiner.com/x-39311-Detroit-Eastern-Spirituality-ExaminerThank you,Kamakshi Subramaniamadvaitin From: dwaiteDate: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:52:42 +0000 Devanagari script - was Re: Pramaana, Prameya & Pramaatru Chaitanyas Dear Anupam-ji, Might we ask you to explain how you managed to incorporateDevanagari into your message? I believe this is the first time I have ever seenit an email message. It appears to be in ‘Mangal’ font, which I wasn’t evenaware that I had installed on my PC. Did you produce it using a utility such asItranslator? Presumably you didn’t type it in from your keyboard. I am mostintrigued! Note that I would not want to encourage routine use of such aprocedure – we have justified complaints from members when we use ITRANS,because it limits understanding unless one has knowledge of some Sanskrit terms.But if we start using correct script, we are restricting understanding still furtherto those who can read it. But there are obviously situations where it would bevery useful. Best wishes,Dennis advaitin [advaitin ] On Behalf Of anupamsrivatsav27 February 2010 14:24advaitin Subject: Re: Re: Pramaana, Prameya & Pramaatru Chaitanyas But, also there is (in p 25) another sloka. It goes like this.घटादे: विषयसà¥à¤¯ पà¥à¤°à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¤•à¥à¤·à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ तॠपà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ƒ-अभिनà¥à¤¨à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤®à¥ । etc etc... पà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤­à¥‡à¤¦à¥‹à¤¨à¤¾à¤® न तावदॠà¤à¤•à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥, किनà¥à¤¤à¥ पà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ƒà¤¸à¤¤à¥à¤¤à¤¾-अतिरिकà¥à¤¤-सतà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤•à¤¤à¥à¤µ-अभाव: । etc etc... विषयचैतनà¥à¤¯à¤‚ च पूरà¥à¤µà¥‹à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¥‡à¤£ पà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ƒà¤šà¥ˆà¤¤à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¤®à¥ à¤à¤µ इति, पà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ƒà¤šà¥ˆà¤¤à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¯ à¤à¤µ घटादि अधिषà¥à¤ à¤¾à¤¨à¤¤à¤¯à¤¾ पà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ƒà¤¸à¤¤à¥à¤¤à¤¾ à¤à¤µ घाटादिसतà¥à¤¤à¤¾, न अनà¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤¾ सिदà¥à¤§à¤‚ घटादे: अपरोकà¥à¤·à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤®à¥ ।Translation: The perceptuality of objectssuch as jar, however, consists in their not being different from the(consciousness associated with the) subject. etc etc... With regards,Anupam. Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.