IndiaDivine.org

AW: Haiti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Richard, Namaste thank you for your post. I was touched by your honesty and openness and that in a situation like this you turned to the list for advice and support. When I read your words, a story about Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi came to mind who cried with a peasant whose cow had just died. It seems a little bit as if you wanted to make the experienced pain and shock go away - as if they cannot be part of perfection. But perfection is inclusion, everything is Brahman. To exclude anything is dualism. Earthquakes are part of perfection as well as your saddened heart as well as philosophical insights. Yes, they are mitya which means they have experiential reality. But it is natural to experience, you - as jiva and even as jivanmukti - have all the equipment

for it (senses, mind). To know that mitya is only dependent reality (as opposed to Brahman not depending on anything to be real), does not take the experience away. Why should it? Brahman with BMI does not differ from Brahman without BMI. You said: I will never get that image of death and destruction out of my consciousness. There is no need to delete it from your memory. But you may want to follow Drg Drishya Viveka: „The form (i.e. earthquake) is perceived and the eye is its perceiver. The eye is perceived and the mind is its perceiver. The mind with its modifications (for example feelings and philosophical thoughts about the earthquake) is perceived and the Self is its perceiver. But the Self is not perceived.“ ... because the Self IS. You are the Self. Om Tat Sat Sitara Von: richarkar <richarkarAn: advaitin Gesendet: Freitag, den 12. März 2010, 18:47:25 UhrBetreff: Haiti I was in my brother-in-law' s house in

Haiti during the powerful quake. Folks who say the one in Chile was more powerful are overlooking that the one in Haiti was closer to the surface. Didn't know what was transpiring at first, couldn't understand what was happening as the house rocked violently. During it when someone said, "Earthquake" , I envisioned the house falling off the mountain it was built on. What was more severe was driving through the area on a following day and seeing the churches, stores, buildings turned to rubble and moreso all the dead bodies in the streets and the usually jovial Haitians walking around as if dazed, some crowding into parks to live. It's easy to talk of perfection from ivory towers, I know, I've done it despite some personal tragedies, but to actually be there (it's different from seeing it on t.v.) throws all philosophies out the window. Besides, who would want to be a complacent robot during such suffering of others?

I will never get that image of death and destruction out of my consciousness. I have been into the nondual way for over 35 years yet was unprepared for what I saw. And my sister-in-law, who works at a hospital in Haiti would further tell us of the horrors she saw when she came home exhausted after work. If you posit "perfection" the opposite "imperfection" must also be lurking around. Since then I've tried to rationalize by thinking all is a dream and all within the dream are dream characters, so why shouldn't this Richard dream character feel compassion and want to help? (I offered several times to help in the hospital but my sister-in-law refused the offer). Why should Richard get some soothing philosophy and turn into a feelingless rock? I would very much would like feedback on how to understand this in the nondualistic sense. Thank you in advance, Richard Sie sind Spam leid? Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.

Guest guest

Dear Richard

Dear Sitara

both of your postings are in my feeling great indeed.

Richard - what i do not understand is, you are on the "way" back home 35years nondual - and are deeply shocked understandable by the earthquake you lived thru.

Please dear soul, just imagine one second the MANMADEHORROR of Auschwitz and people lived thru this by Grace and have to continue to live.....

My mother was broken due to this and experienced nightmares for decades - still functioning like a machine, like many people do.

Since my birth - and i was conceived during this MADNESS of WWII as a jew - i tried to UNDERSTAND why "humans" inflict this and many other tragedies since mankind exist.

and due to Grace i understood.

Its always the "same"

detachment of everything

complete surrender to THEONEANDONLY SELF GD IT SOURCE how we want to call it

i love I AM WHO I AM like my Sadguru Sri Ramana Maharshi told.....

in this Name of GD all the wisdom of so many thousand years of HINDU CULTURE is included

walk your walk in LOVE to the SOURCE OF ALL have compassion but the real one. Which is incredible difficult.

Please read STEFAN ZWEIG BOOK

UNGEDULD DES HERZENS its all about this theme

real compassions means to be ready to carry the burden of the other till the end

in love in IT

yours always

michael bindel

and dear SITARA

how great you explained the unexplainable for the mind

tku for the honour of having read it

yours in bhagavan

michael