IndiaDivine.org

AW: samadhana and nidhidyasana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to all who replied to my question thank you so much for the many valuable sources you gave. After having studied them I will possibly come back to the list to clear further doubts.Om ShantiSitaraVon: snsastri <sn.sastriAn: advaitin Gesendet: Samstag, den 20. März 2010, 10:40:24

UhrBetreff: Re: samadhana and nidhidyasana

Dear Sitara-ji,

samAdhAna is defined in Vivekachudamani, shloka 27 as – The perfect establishment of the buddhi always in nirguNa brahman. In the list of items making up the sAdhanacatuShTayam it comes immediately before mumukShutvam. It is thus the last step which has to be crossed by one who wishes to become a mumukShu.

A mumukShu is a person who desires mokSha alone and nothing else. If there is even the slightest trace of any other desire, he will not qualify as a mumukShu, even if he desires mokSha also intensely. So all other desires must be completely rooted out from the mind. This is what samAdhAna means—making the mind one-pointed towards the goal of mokSha by fixing the mind all the time in brahman. This is thus the last item in the preparation of the mind for Self-knowledge.

nididhyAsana is contemplation after shravaNa and manana and is therefore different.

Best wishes,

S.N.Sastri

advaitin@ s.com, Sitara Mitali <smitali17@. ..> wrote:

>

> Dear all,

>

> Namaste

>

> Inquiring into the methodology of vedantic teaching I have looked into sadhana chatustaya sampatti. I wonder whether I have the proper understanding of samadhana. It seems to me that it is almost another name for nidhidyasana, both referring to one pointed contemplation of ultimate truth.

>

> I would be very thankful for any comment on this.

>

> Om Shanti

> Sitara

>

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

>

> Sie sind Spam leid? Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.

> http://mail.

>

Sie sind Spam leid? Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.