IndiaDivine.org

language.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Language gives us a simple message: be my slave and I will shackle you to the traditions, rote, rituals and rhetoric of the past. Be my master and there are no limits.

-=-

All languages tell us the same story: Master a language and it will take you out of the past that shackles all teachers and their books, and even gurus.

Ramana and his Papaji, and Nisargadatta, are like Einstein. The all taught us that we do not have to be shackled to the past. In other words, we do not need traditions, rote, rituals and rhetoric to shackle us to the past.

Papaji tells us more or less: forget about meditation, mantras, scriptures, devotion… forget about everything you have to think and do, and just Be.

Tradition and the rote, rituals and rhetoric of the past limit us to the past. Learn the language and there are no limits. This is not only the message of Ramana, Papaji … Einstein but the universal message of all languages.

And so only when physicists discarded Newton and his physics could they start to think like Einstein, and only then could they take his language, called Relativity, far beyond anything Einstein could imagine.

Ramesh Balsekar did the same when he translated and learned the Advaita language of his guru Nisargadatta.

Advaita is nothing but a language that tells us that there is “no two,” only the Self.

I read what Papaji, Ramana, Nisargadatta said in their books over and over for 3-4 years to try and understand their Advaita message, language. But Ramesh Balsekar had taken their language of Advaita the one step further that I needed to realize that, after four years, I could also speak their language called Advaita.

This claim to speak Advaita has to be one flagrant ego trip. Except for one detail. This detail: You cannot speak this language of Advaita if you think you are something, an ego.

Advaita tells us that to speak its language you cannot have an ego because an ego speaks a different language from the Self’s Advaita.

This is the very foundation of Advaita:

If you think you are something (other then the Self) then you are Nothing (but thoughts).

Only when you lose your ego, to be Nothing, can you then be Everything, the Self, that is the universe and everything in it.

-=-

Advaita tells us that the Universe is our, the Self’s, dream. It has to be because it also tells us that there is no doer – there is no two – there is only the Self. And so maya, life, is exactly like a dream in which the dreamer is dreaming everything in the dream. Only our mind, ego, can think otherwise.

We can call this maya, life, the Supreme Comedy. It is the Supreme Comedy because it is a hide-and-seek game that it, the Self, plays with itself. It does this for the Joy of entertainment called maya.

Think that you are something and you will entertain yourself with dualities until you Realize this Supreme Comedy: you are the Self that uses egos to play hide-and-seek with itself.

You are the Everything called the Self but you can only wake up to it after you lose the ego that is preoccupied playing hide and seek with the Self.

Life, the dream called maya, just cannot get funnier or more Joyful than that.

This FUN or JOY is the LOVE that You are, I am, and All is.

Take time to learn this language called Advaita and it will be the JOY that comically leaves everything from past and its future far, far behind.

-- alias gp