IndiaDivine.org

re: learning the language

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Andy:

You can learn Advaita by reading the words of so called self-realized individuals. But you have to remember they are talking to egos that are shackled to the past that need all sorts of things like devotion and meditation and mantras and yoga, and gods and…. etc. And thus these egos cannot understand the core of Advaita --- the absolute nothingness that is an unfathomable ocean of JOY whose language is Advaita.

And also, the most important things these saints said just cannot be printed in the dualistic press. For example, can you imagine the press printing: the Pope was no better or worse than a terrorist. But Advaita tells us that it cannot be any other way because: The Self plays all the roles perfectly be it that of the Pope or terrorist.

So when you read what these saints supposedly said you have to throw out everything they use dualities to say and just stick with the core, like: “love your neighbor as yourself.”

But if you start to write then you can always take the Language far further. For example, you can take the words “love your neighbor” and add: “ I am my neighbor.” And then let the words flow… I’m dreaming and I would like to kill my neighbor but in a dream there is no neighbor because there is not even a me because I’m just dreaming.

It is oh so simple and the Fun is the pure JOY, or maya, that is the Self.

Do this writing and with practice the language will become you.

There are two absolutes that always tell us if the Language is polluted.

1: the more we need a doer for a story the more the doer dilutes the Advaita language into the dualism of the Self and the “doer.”

2: the more we need dualities in a story the more these dualities dilute the Advaita language into a dualistic language that is shackled to the past.

Without a doer and without dualities the language is pure Advaita.

=-=

When I was young I learned a trick with language. I would reverse an opposite and then see how it would work in a sentence. I started to do this as a habit.

When I started to write, over twenty years ago, I did this reversing of opposites routinely and I learned that it always seemed to add an unfathomable depth to my story.

After 20 years of writing, opposites or dualities can no longer make a difference to me because they are the same, and only the past can think otherwise.

The stories I wrote over the twenty years are more or less in the Advaita language but they have nothing to do with spirituality or religion or devotion. These stories are more or less about all the different levels of secrets that gods and their opposite-gods and their opposite-opposite gods....etc need to exist but only if they have these secrets that are/define their corresponding demons.

These stories go so far beyond dualities that they are comical. But only to a non-dualistic mind. To an ego these stories have to come from the devil himself.

These stories my hands wrote taught me this language called Advaita.

Five years ago I finally had to accept that it was an exercise in futility to write anything meaningful about the outside world. At about this time a major event in my life allowed me to read the Upanishads and I started to cry. I cried because my life-long search was over.

I realized that over 5000 years ago sages around the Indus River in India had been on the exact same search only to wake up to the Reality called Samadhi, the Self. They realized that this Self turned all dualities and doers into a joke. This joke they called maya.

When I finally turned my attention inside, instead of outside, there were no more answers because there were no more questions only the JOY of the Self.

This JOY I AM and You Are and only dualistic languages can tell you otherwise.

If you are interested in these stories then just ask. Otherwise you can follow the stories my hands have to write for its maya at the mindworks group.

the LOVE you are

gp