IndiaDivine.org

just watch whatever is happening

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

.... It seems the only function of the illusion of an I is to create misery and suffering. How did it start?

It just started! You are not guilty of it. That is why the first statement is that there is no one guilty of anything. It is Consciousness which has identified itself. And Consciousness is living "a life" through this body-mind organism. You don't know how long. You don't know what it is going to achieve. All I am saying is why bother? Why bother? Just watch whatever goes on.

You bother because you think they are your actions. So consider them the actions of Consciousness or God or Totality, or whatever. And those actions are necessarily circumscribed by the natural characteristics of that organism. And when you see this you see the impersonality of the whole thing. And when you see the impersonality of the process, the individual "me" has to recede back. You don't push it back; you cannot fight your ego. But this understanding pushes the ego into the background.

What I think you are talking about is Grace.

Of course it is. Now look! You are here listening to this talk. There are thousands of people who are not interested in this subject. Isn't that Grace that brought you here?

Yes.

So if it is Grace that brought you here, why don't you leave it to that Grace that brought you here to proceed whichever way it wants to?

That is what I am trying too hard to figure out, is how to get out of the way.

You don't have to, so long as you don't get in the way. You don't have to get out of the way. Just watch whatever is happening and you are already out of the way. It is because you think you must get out of the way that the whole problem arises. ...

Conversations with Ramesh S. Balsekar

Consciousness Speaks (Ramesh S Balsekar) published by

Advaita Press

PO Box 3479

Redondo Beach CA 90277

USA

www.advaita.org